• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black myth: Wukong has broken all time concurrent player number record for a single-player game on Steam

What does this game have to do with the woke agenda? Isn’t the main character a monkey? Lol
I can't figure that out either, but I haven't really followed it because I assumed this isn't for me. As usual, the hype peaked my interest so I looked up a review (IGN) and the word soulslike was used early so my interest dropped. Then it said 'but it's not really' and my interest perked up again, only to be deflated by comparisons to Bayonetta and Platinum Games.

Not sure if any of those comparisons are truly accurate. Regardless, no thanks, but happy for its success. Always good to see single player games do well.

I'm neither pro nor anti-woke - I am very much pro-everyone shut the fuck up about it.

SmokSmog

691cba2d5fca4b46e226a23f8dddd523ad503d3d7207df7dfe68df1e3765f22d.png
0.jpg

MiguelItUp

I can't figure that out either, but I haven't really followed it because I assumed this isn't for me. As usual, the hype peaked my interest so I looked up a review (IGN) and the word soulslike was used early so my interest dropped. Then it said 'but it's not really' and my interest perked up again, only to be deflated by comparisons to Bayonetta and Platinum Games.

Not sure if any of those comparisons are truly accurate. Regardless, no thanks, but happy for its success. Always good to see single player games do well.

I'm neither pro nor anti-woke - I am very much pro-everyone shut the fuck up about it.
99% of the people playing this don't give a shit about any of that.

The game looks fantastic and plays well. Also heavily appeals to the massive Chinese audience.
Yeah, honestly it feels like a form of brain rot at this point. There have been some things that have popped up over the years that have been eye rolling, on the nose, etc. But this game isn't one of them. There was that stuff about Screen Rant, but that was just one review. That was it. I understand there was also that "drama" about the studio themselves, but I personally didn't look into it too much.

I think people should just appreciate what this situation is. This was a game that was in development for a long while, and it came out and is good. That's great! All this other weird obsessive nonsense shouldn't be dirtying the waters of what this situation is. A solid game made by a smaller studio that's received huge success. It's always awesome to see.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I wish I wasn't banned on all accounts at that Purple house of fuckery, I'd love to go delving and start poking some fun at their sniveling virtue signaling assery romps 🤣

1.7m and climbing....eat that you woke gits, lol.

hot edit: 2.1m??? holy bejeebus - China is peaking ish time now (that 9pm-10pm rush), 2.5m possible? far out.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Now do the Final Fantasy XVI comparison.

Also to put into context how insane that number is for Wukong - the Starfield number was enough to put it in the Platinum category on Steam for revenue.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

Dynasty Warriors is based on the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, China's most beloved literary work.

Dynasty Warriors doesn't sell remotely close to the numbers we are looking at here - so for those attributing the success of this game just because its Chinese 'representation' I'd say you are simplifying.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Maybe more companies will start to realize that those "modern audiences" don't exist.
They are just a small bunch of loud mouth political activists, pushing their propaganda.
Normal people do not care about their crap propaganda and ideology. Normal people just want good games.
You're all tiny. On both sides of this dumb argument.

I'll say it again. Most people don't give a shit about this fight. Most people have no idea why some people are up in arms about this game. Most people have no idea who develops or publishes games they buy. They see cool shit, they want to play.

You're all having the tiniest fight in the tiniest echo chamber.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Very much looking forward to the endless amount of opinion pieces written about this game's success that will spend 90% of their content avoiding the reasons why this game is being so successful.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Damn friend broke up with her bf, so he left our steam family, saw him playing this last night. I could have been playing this for free if they didn't break up!!!
Date her ex-bf and get him back into ur "steam family" fast then
mlL114.gif

Sometimes man gotta do what man gotta do, there is higher purpose at stake here :messenger_open_mouth:

Lumyst

The problem is that here in the west the crazy people are so dominant in games journalism and the creative arts. The higher ups at every gaming company will by now have realized that a significant part of their audience reject the socio-political messages in their products, but how to get rid of the crazy people?
The solution would be to do what a good therapist from the past would do (before psychiatry/psychology was infiltrated) such as the one who ended my OCD. I think what’s happened is the education system has implanted a set of “crises/problems” into young people’s heads and they are obsessively/compulsively doing the “rituals” that they were told have the power to stave off those crises/social/global issues.

At the end of high school I would have hyper religious thinking and do weird rituals I made up like touching things in certain ways or chanting prayers I made up because I feared for my family’s health and my questioning of my sexuality due to what I saw online. My therapist talked me through which anxieties my OCD thinking was about, what rituals I was doing, and it clicked when he basically said “You’re a human, not God. You don’t have any magical power.” (Oh and for the record the sexuality stuff gets settled naturally when the mind and raging hormones calm down by age 25.)

In other words, the weird rituals or in this case, checklist designs of DEI requirements, have no power to solve the problems or avert the actual crises, real or imagined. (What are they now, climate change, inequality, racism, etc.? And don’t they just keep redefining words to make sure there’s always a “problem”?) The real or imagined issues aren’t solved by having entire groups of people do weird rituals that they are told to do, that’s just a tool for control! Hopefully the wiser people or upper management in the gaming companies can talk sense to the younger ones, but I understand that they too are under pressure to comply.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

I'll say it again. Most people don't give a shit about this fight. Most people have no idea why some people are up in arms about this game. Most people have no idea who develops or publishes games they buy. They see cool shit, they want to play.

You still don't understand this is a fight between normal people that just want good games, and a vocal minority.
And we, the normal players, just won another battle.

NeoLed

Dynasty Warriors is based on the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, China's most beloved literary work.

Dynasty Warriors doesn't sell remotely close to the numbers we are looking at here - so for those attributing the success of this game just because its Chinese 'representation' I'd say you are simplifying.
Isn't Dynasty warrior made by Japanese developer?

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Nothing tastes better than salty tears of woke.

I am super glad the game is doing so well I am happy

All these woke people in the management are getting punched in the face as we speak when investors see a game that refuses to add woke shit selling million despite all the agenda to try and bomb it with shitty articles like their faces

Last edited:

Who cares if this isn't selling because of it being anti woke, what matters is these games prove the woke journalist have no power.

Top Bottom