• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black myth: Wukong has broken all time concurrent player number record for a single-player game on Steam

Vlodril

"THIS is the kind of stuff we want"

Feels like Palworld again. Wonder if it will have a 99% player drop in 2 months.

What does it matter? These are not free to play games. Helldivers 2 also it sold upwards of 10m copies. All these games made crazy money. Even if they died tomorrow they still achieved (financially at least) their goal.

People give too much importance to ccu. They matter but in context.

feynoob

Banned
This is wild. Do we know how well it's doing on Xbox?
fail fat girl GIF

StueyDuck

Amazing success.

Hilarious to see the responses from the outrage brigade.

Also, how long until every other Western dev green lights a game marketed to the Chinese market…
They've been doing so for a while, blizzard censoring activists. Ubisoft censoring, I think it was siege, to appeal to the Chinese market.

But I imagine many execs are looking at their dei teams and looking at this games sales and having second thoughts.

Diddy X

It's 7pm in China but Steam usually reaches its peak active users in about 6 hours.

Last edited:
One guy in the retardera thread was mad that most of the discourse in China is negative towards retardera and the ign article due to the bad translation.

Like... how do you choose to believe an IGN article over a whole country, that speaks the language natively. Insane.

I wasn't gonna get this game, because I still haven't played Elden Ring, but now I feel obligated 🤣

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Basically just make a Chinese game and add Korean waifus.

Like the ultimate billion dollar project 🤣

I mean I like that the modern audiences games are getting shat on...

But I also don't just want Chinese/waifu games 🤣

Last edited:

SushiReese

Basically just make a Chinese game and add Korean waifus.

Like the ultimate billion dollar project 🤣

I mean I like that the modern audiences games are getting shat on...

But I also don't just want Chinese waifu games 🤣
There is like zero waifu npc in this game though.
One of the "complaints" from Screen Rant's review

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Why does it feel like all the break out earth smashing hits are on PC nowadays?

I feel we haven't heard of any massive break away hits driven by console this generation. It's all PC

Darchaos

Poor tards over at Reeee: I don't get it, and I don't pretend to understand the process behind how those decisions are made, but it's frustrating and disheartening to see a game from these horrible human beings taking over the front page. Seems like limiting discussion to one thread would be the least that could be done. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom