• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black myth: Wukong has broken all time concurrent player number record for a single-player game on Steam

Solarstrike

nMRNVWe.jpeg

~ $59.99 x 1,800,000 =
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Can someone enlighten me as to why the purple hairs over at Reetard are laughingly boycotting this game? Is it because Chyna bad?? Don't they realise their little circle jerk amounts to nothing in the grand scheme of things hell I'd even go so far as to say them whining about things just brings massive publicity to these games, gonna assume the Dev said mean things about a dude that looks like a lady..

Funnily enough a lot of the Japanese studios that managed to survive the PS3/360 era did so by adopting Western standards and practices (relying on third-party engines and middleware, releasing on PC, adopting standardized control schemes) and marketing their games towards a Western audience. They really had no other option. Given the budgets of modern AAA games, their domestic market simply wasn't large enough.

China doesn't have that problem. The country literally has more people than Europe, the US and Japan combined. They'll easily make their money back on Chinese sales alone.

MH3M3D

That's kind of crazy but I attribute a part of it to players being fed up with all the forced woke garbage in games, sticking up their middle finger and saying "THIS is the kind of stuff we want". I look forward to digging in on PS5 after work 👌
Disagree. Its just a very good game. In the end gamers would even buy games made by Iranians, tested by North Koreans, Published by Russians and marketed by the gayest marketing firm from San Francisco. Its all about what you get to play in the end.

Mownoc

Lol who cares about post launch numbers...this shit has sold 5 million on pc alone already . Shit is massive. They already making profit
Yeah I'm not sure when we changed from how many sales can you get to how many people are playing your game 6 months after launch. The game is massively successful already whether people are still playing it a few months from now doesn't matter lol. The recent trend of "X game has lost 90% of player since launch" articles needs to end lmao.

Last edited:

It is quite something to see games like this, Elden Ring, etc...games that escape the "western template" on modern AAA gaming to be the games chosen by western audiences and then games like Concord are nowhere to be seen and flopping.

Disney a while ago said something about adapting their movies to their core audience and kinda hinted that maybe going all in on whatever is going on may have been too much (this was after the little mermaid flopping and some other projects).

Sony must be looking at all this and sweating when they look at that game Haven is working on. God if Concord turns out to be a massive flop i can't even imagine that one.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not sure when we changed from how many sales can you get to how many people are playing your game 6 months after launch. The game is massively successful already whether people are still playing it a few months from now doesn't matter lol. The recent trend of "X game has lost 90% of player since launch" articles needs to end lmao.
For singleplayer yeah, it's a stupid ass argument.

PeteBull

Gold Member
On a more serious note, how will the publisher get by with the dozens of lost sales from the resetera crowd?
many of them will buy/play it bro, same like with cp2077, hogwarts legacy etc, they will just keep quiet or lie about it to not get judget/banned on the rainbow forum, or will type similar sleezy stuff some of them did while playing cp2077- "im playing the game , its already 60h+ but i hate it, i hate it so much im gonna play it once again after finishing" :messenger_face_screaming:

That's kind of crazy but I attribute a part of it to players being fed up with all the forced woke garbage in games, sticking up their middle finger and saying "THIS is the kind of stuff we want". I look forward to digging in on PS5 after work 👌
What does this game have to do with the woke agenda? Isn’t the main character a monkey? Lol

Anyway those numbers are crazy, if this game can do those numbers just imagine what GTA 6 is going to do.

So happy to see a lot of support for a single player game this will hopefully promote publishers to make more single player games and pull back a little from the crap GaaS/live service crap.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Modern Audiences are fucking starving for anything that doesn’t have the stink of “made for Modern Audiences”.

Give the shrieking activists the finger, make a halfway decent game/movie, and people will throw their money at you.

Maybe more companies will start to realize that those "modern audiences" don't exist.
They are just a small bunch of loud mouth political activists, pushing their propaganda.
Normal people do not care about their crap propaganda and ideology. Normal people just want good games.

You think this is nuts? My pick for Game of the Year Decade Forever Concord is going to dust these numbers. Just watch you chud fuckers. The mythic Modern Audience is a sleeping giant that will rise from their slumber and show you real numbers. Gamers are clammoring for a paint by numbers shooter that showcases body positivity. I have been saying this for years.

Oh wait... they don't have $40. Work as a concept is institutionalized colonialism against marginalized folks by heteronormative culture. I totally forgot.

Fuck.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Maybe more companies will start to realize that those "modern audiences" don't exist.
They are just a small bunch of loud mouth political activists, pushing their propaganda.
Normal people do not care about their crap propaganda and ideology. Normal people just want good games.

The problem is that here in the west the crazy people are so dominant in games journalism and the creative arts. The higher ups at every gaming company will by now have realized that a significant part of their audience reject the socio-political messages in their products, but how to get rid of the crazy people?

BTW next update will be 2 million +

dd7ewEP.jpeg

Mownoc

Palworld is about to fall. Unbelievable. Somehow just like with Baldurs Gate 3 Sony have gotten the biggest steam game of the year as a timed console exclusive for free again lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom