• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Astra

I didn't get a beta code, but luckily I was able to get one from a fellow GAF member.
I tried playing the Japanese version with the english patch, but that didn't go well.
Can't wait to dive in to this one!

aett

Oh man, the login queue. When I created my character (and it's great that we can at least play with the character creator) it said there was an 8 minute wait. Several minutes later I come back to see... a 9 minute wait. Not surprising with MMOs and especially MMO betas.

halahabb, is there a way to replace the engish voice acting with japanese?

There is a potential way, but I don't think it's been confirmed to work yet. You have to avoid using the launcher to launch the game since the launcher will repair the files automatically, so it's kinda annoying to do at the moment, from what I've read.

Chariot

Oh man, the login queue. When I created my character (and it's great that we can at least play with the character creator) it said there was an 8 minute wait. Several minutes later I come back to see... a 9 minute wait. Not surprising with MMOs and especially MMO betas.
Made it in fine. Maybe I managed to get in before the crunch.

There is a potential way, but I don't think it's been confirmed to work yet. You have to avoid using the launcher to launch the game since the launcher will repair the files automatically, so it's kinda annoying to do at the moment, from what I've read.
Mhm, bothersome. I hope they bother it at launch.

Hikami

dab6717dbe.png

lol.. yeah right.

Guess I'll try again later.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with the default brightness? so high

also you cant change keybinds in beta? :eek:

edit: no Warlock in beta? booo

whats up with the default brightness? so high

also you cant change keybinds in beta? :eek:

You can change keybinds fine? Not sure about brightness, but there should be options there too.

Edit: Ah I see what you mean, you can't change keybinds until you're logged in, cause they're character specific. And no warlocks for release on our version, later.

Also, I would highly, highly recommend throwing down the extra money for either a Disciple ($75.99) or Master Pack ($124.99) (Master preferably). With a Master Pack you get 7,200 NCoin ($90 value by itself) which you can use to buy costumes or materials.

Important to note that as of now they plan to keep their Wardrobe System Subscription only so if you want to store your outfits in it you're gonna have to buy a month of subscription.

Which means you'll have to pay money to store the game items you paid money for or they will just suck up inventory space. :/
Which mean's I guess I'm not gonna collect many outfits or buy any at all so I'm not getting the founders pack.

Anyway, wish I got into the beta.

I really just want to play with the CC to design the character I wanna use when the game comes out.

I wish I got into it too, because i really want to know if it's worth putting my money for a founder pack or not.

FWIW, I looooove Tera in the "Action MMO" genre.

Vex_

Banned
Guys pick the third server (one with that starts off with 'i')

No wait times!

Edit! Oh SHIT NATIVE GAMEPAD SUPPORT? With Xbox button prompts? Click the GAMEPAD button under options!

kiryogi

Banned
So what server lol. I'm currently trying to hop on Mushin but queue is 52m so far. Actually better question, how do I become gold. Purchase a higher tier Founder?

So what server lol. I'm currently trying to hop on Mushin but queue is 52m so far. Actually better question, how do I become gold. Purchase a higher tier Founder?

I believe any version of the founders pack that gives you "Premium" status grants you the queue skip.

Ultimadrago

anyone on iksanun can gift us premium in beta? its only 1 coin ;D

I will gift you all when I get the chance. I wish we had decided on a server earlier, I overlooked it. At this rate seems were going Ika for Gaf choice. Need to see what SDBurton/Shin says

Vex_

Banned
I'm willing to switch. I saved my character looks because I knew we were going to be hopping around. This way I can recreate my
waifu
character with one click.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this in game cutscene after the tutorial was shockingly decent

Chariot

Ups. Shouldn't have logged out. Now stuck in a 17 minute queue.

My character is on Mushin, but I have no trouble makinh a new one on antoher server.

edit: oh dear, it jumped to 50 minutes

Vex_

Banned
Grrr. Just got called out to work. I guess by time I get back, you all will know what server gaf will be on. Tutorial is quick and easy.

Ultimadrago

I'm willing to switch. I saved my character looks because I knew we were going to be hopping around. This way I can recreate my
waifu
character with one click.

Okay, follow with this everyone. We're going Mushin! I cant play yet since Im at work, but in the next couple hours.

The game saves your character templates, so you can recreate your character easily. Itll be easier to help everyone with money, grinds and items on the server SD and I have characters on.

kiryogi

Banned
Okay, follow with this everyone. We're going Mushin! I cant play yet since Im at work, but in the next couple hours.

The game saves your character templates, so you can recreate your character easily. Itll be easier to help everyone with money, grinds and items on the server SD and I have characters on.

Thing is Mushin takes like an hour to get on right now.

K.Sabot

uuuuuuuugh watching this is so tough.

waited 8 long years for this but I hate founder packs, might just try my luck at some giveaways.

Chariot

So, what would you guys say seperates this mmo from others, or makes it worth playing?
I am not authority on MMORPGs, but the battlesystem and wuxia movement feels fresh. I plaued Age of Wushu that had nice movement too, but that game was inferior in every other aspect. The battlesystem feels like someone had improved the Secret World system to a big degree.

Top Bottom