• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yoooo

when you start getting grabs and shit with the Destroyer, we Streets of Rageing up in this bitch now

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting a "cannot download file" error in the launcher. Anyone else getting this?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Can you upgrade your founder pack purchase later down the line?

Edit: Damn, doesn't look like it. =x

ViciousDS

Banned
Do I really need to drop $80 to enjoy the game due to cash shop? Are there PvE servers? I don't want to be forced to do pvp.

Chariot

Do I really need to drop $80 to enjoy the game due to cash shop? Are there PvE servers? I don't want to be forced to do pvp.
Everything's PvE. You can opt in and out of PvP by changing into a certain costume that signals that you are ready. Otherwise you can't be hurt by other players. Or so I heard, I am not yet at that point, but I doubt they changed this. Anyways, PvE is the standard.

ViciousDS

Banned
Everything's PvE. You can opt in and out of PvP by changing into a certain costume that signals that you are ready. Otherwise you can't be hurt by other players. Or so I heard, I am not yet at that point, but I doubt they changed this. Anyways, PvE is standard.

Well I figured with factions at some point it almost seemed like you woukdnhitnforced sections, that's why I was asking. But if everything is optional that's awesome news

ViciousDS

Banned
Just looked it up. I remembered correctly. World PvP is completely optional and you can at all times opt in and out and Arena PvP is somewhere else anyways. So don't worry :)

Soooo good!

Now the OP says he recommends buying the $80 or higher tier founders pack....sounds steep to me. I really don't want to spend that much, do I really need those packs to fully enjoy the game towards end game?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
use the third server not the first, no queues

I did! That's how I got in this sitch

also I bought the most expensive pack and I'm a silver member. Who are these gold members. Who must I murder to absorb their essence

Currently watching Sodapoppin play this game on Twitch.

Looks like a really, really good game. Clearly not a "real" beta since it's been out in Asia since 2012, right? Makes a lot of sense looking at how polished the game is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got to lvl 10 (almost 11), gonna stop in this new beach jungle zone because I gotta go to work >_>

Digging Destroyer, the grabs are super fun, cant wait to get more of them, like the piledriver. Also I really need that move where you pull mobs to you with your axe Ive seen in gifs, thats going to be super useful. kinda bummed Warlock isnt available, but Ill probably play Warlock when its live so at least I wont be burned out on it

Also, dem tighs tho :3 Chun Li would be proud

edit: something thats a bit disapointing is the lack of gear. I only JUST finally got a new chest / robe (whatever its called here) at level 10, until now I was still using the training GI from the start. I know theres a big emphasis on costumes from the store, but I assumed there would also be stuff during the game >_>

this is the one I got near lvl 10 from a quest, there was a choice of a similar yellow one. Also this hat is butt ugly, and I dont know how to, or even if you can hide headpieces like other games

JFkouzM.png

the chest / robe / costume / whatever its called seems to change almost your entire look, except the head (and the weapon obviously)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just got home from work! Ultimadrago and I will be logging on very soon. If you haven't already be sure to post the name of your character here so I can send out invites when I get the clan started.

As stated earlier we're on the Mushin server, so if you're able we would like for you to make characters there so we can provide you aid in money, quests, and dungeons.

Rhaknar

Just got home from work! Ultimadrago and I will be logging on very soon. If you haven't already be sure to post the name of your character here so I can send out invites when I get the clan started.

As stated earlier we're on the Mushin server, so if you're able we would like for you to make characters there so we can provide you aid in money, quests, dungeons.

most people arent going on that server because the queues are ridiculous :(

ViciousDS

Banned
Thanks for answering my questions chariot!

Last question due to the founders packs.

How cash shop dependent is the game?

Also are hongmoon keys from the higher tiers necessary down the road or can I get everything without dropping a ton of money?

Ultimadrago

All the players in MUSHIN, Add Dahlia and Yuridaze to your friend requests. We'll meet up and help you guys with quests/questions so on.

Edit: Or just post your names and we'll find you~

SDBurton

Thanks for answering my questions chariot!

Last question due to the founders packs.

How cash shop dependent is the game?

Also are hongmoon keys from the higher tiers necessary down the road or can I get everything without dropping a ton of money?

Cash shop items will be purely cosmetic/quality of life stuff. There will not be any P2W items available for the NA/EU version.

Hongmoon keys are very important but you don't need to drop money to get them. You can get the keys from quest rewards fortunately. :)

most people arent going on that server because the queues are ridiculous :(

I know the waiting sucks but I would definitely recommend it if you can switch.

Freiya

I wish I got into it too, because i really want to know if it's worth putting my money for a founder pack or not.

FWIW, I looooove Tera in the "Action MMO" genre.

Combat in Tera feels a lot better and heavier. BNS has a deep system though and if you enjoy Tera then BNS is definitely worth a shot.

ViciousDS

Banned
Cash shop items will be purely cosmetic/quality of life stuff. There will not be any P2W items available for the NA/EU version.

Hongmoon keys are very important but you don't need to drop money to get them. You can get the keys from quest rewards fortunately. :)

Welp, I'm dropping money on be intiate pack this weekend then lol

Thanks guys! See ya soon!

Also if you guys need a Mumble or team speak let me know!

SDBurton

Welp, I'm dropping money on be intiate pack this weekend then lol

Thanks guys! See ya soon!

Also if you guys need a Mumble or team speak let me know!

We might have to take you up on that offer. Thank you so much! :D

Anybody desperate to play but still not have a key? I might have a few left! PM me.

Didn't have the chance to say this earlier since I was at work, but seriously, thank you! You're amazing!

Rhaknar

Think ill focus on playing classes up to 10 this weekend. It doesnt take that long (2-3 hours if you skip cut scenes) and level 10 seems to give a good indication of skills and feel of the class, at least judging from the Destroyer

Then if I get in subsequent beta weekends I can focus on the one(s) I like

ViciousDS

Banned
We might have to take you up on that offer. Thank you so much! :D

Didn't have the chance to say this earlier since I was at work, but seriously, thank you! You're amazing!

Yes! Just let me know which one you want and I'll set it up! It's no problem for me :)

Edit: no vent.....can't stand that program lol

Usobuko

Banned
At the end game of BnS, is there any particular class that is more needed?

Are there any differences between race?

If not, I just want to make a sexy force master.

Rhaknar

There is no trinity so nothing is needed

SDBurton

Made character Barinth on mushin.

Sent you a friend request.

I would say each class has their own viable tools to bring to the table. Don't worry about creating a class that fits the needs of others. Blade Master is probably the most popular class, and funny enough they're considered to be one of the end game tanking classes. Make what you want and we'll take care of you.

Also, for those on Mushin and get to the point where they can choose which faction to side with: CHOOSE CRIMSON LEGION. If you choose the Cerulean Order you won't be able to accept the clan invite.

Ultimadrago

For those that were worried about login queues for Mushin, you will only need to worry about it once as SDBurton and I will be handing out premium memberships to Gaffers (which give Login Priority).

Rhaknar

For those that were worried about login queues for Mushin, you will only need to worry about it once as SDBurton and I will be handing out premium memberships to Gaffers (which give Login Priority).

Oh cool. Ill make my next chars there then :)

Well, I got into Mushin, played for about 15 minutes and then randomly disconnected from the server, so I gotta wait in the queue all over again. :( Anyway my character name is Piccaboo.

Top Bottom