• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul Beta Thread: East Finally Meets West

I wandered into this guy's stream randomly, he was the Blade and Soul 2014 pvp champion and he mains Force Master. He's pretty funny because he likes to troll and play weird builds. His youtube channel also has some neat things like pvp combos.

Here is his "spirit bomb" force master in pvp. I also think it's interesting pvp is best of 3, more matches in games should do that, especially fighting games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u0-87Dh5tk&t=08m15s

Has anyone played this and Black Desert and know how they compare? I've played and liked BD, but I always liked how the combat looked here too.

How does the game feel so far? I feel like most Korean f2p mmo's have this unpolished feel to the movement/combat.

Worth the 25 bucks to get in so far?

Ultimadrago

How does the game feel so far? I feel like most Korean f2p mmo's have this unpolished feel to the movement/combat.

Worth the 25 bucks to get in so far?

I would also like to know this.

I'd prefer if people just playing today chime in on this rather than me who played a beta, alpha and now another beta. But yeah, I really enjoyed my experience with the action combat. Moreso than any other MMO I've played, really. The joint combo attacks, context leg sweeps/ground stomps and force abilities (tossing enemies around like daisies) makes for one heck of a ride. Especially with friends that do the aforementioned with different moves.

Vex_

Banned
Judging from that video, this will probably be the first time I mess with pvp in an mmo (mostly in it for the pve) it looks pretty fun.

Hadoukie

All the players in MUSHIN, Add Dahlia and Yuridaze to your friend requests. We'll meet up and help you guys with quests/questions so on.

Edit: Or just post your names and we'll find you~

Added both of you guys. On my alt named Durviener right now

If you could gift me premium, I would be very grateful :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ill chime in from my 4 or so hours today, getting a Destroyer to level 10.

Its pretty much a better Tera. The graphics are very similar (in fact the UI is virtually identical), as is the gameplay, even if the gameplay feels more involved.

I cant speak for PVP because its not my thing (even if aparently its the best part of the game), but PVE is like any other mmo. Go from hub to hub doing a handful of quests, mive on to the next zone. There's zero challenge so far up to 10.

I feel like im coming of harsher than I intend because I actually like Tera and im liking this, but it feels very much like Tera 1.5 in my opinion

Has anyone played this and Black Desert and know how they compare? I've played and liked BD, but I always liked how the combat looked here too.
I may be remembering wrong, but after reading/watching a bunch of stuff about these two games from the popular MMO player Steparu a while back, they seemed to like Blade and Soul more overall. Apparently in Black Desert bosses are lackluster, the endgame is just pvp pretty much, and there isn't much co-op gameplay at all.

Are there any key giveaways still going on anywhere, or does anybody have any extra keys?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Accepted :)

I'm back in, took me a bit longer than expected, my internet had some troubles.

Edit: Ehh, my shitty internet is still giving me problems, I'm gonna have to try to play again tomorrow.

No worries, glad we were able to get you a Premium!

Astra

Did you get the clan started? I already added you, SDBurton (Astraea Vinland). Do I just send you a whisper for an invite?

SDBurton

Did you get the clan started? I already added you, SDBurton (Astraea Vinland). Do I just send you a whisper for an invite?

Nice! I sent you a PM earlier but I wasn't sure if you got it. I was asking to see if you joined the Crimson Legion faction because after you do I'll be able to invite you to the clan.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Tried to join Crimson Legion but it said it was full. Weird. Ah well. Going to let my girl try this out for a bit.

SDBurton

Just keep talking to the NPC, I had that issue and after 3 tries I got into the faction.

Yep. Just keep spamming join until they let you in.

If it becomes an issue down the road, Shin, Ultimadrago, and myself will discuss about possibly of having the clan align itself with the Cerulean Order so we won't have this issue come launch if we decide to join a server that will be fairly populated.

Everyone ignores me ;_;

Sorry about that, thought I posted a reply earlier. Here's an explanation of what it offers.

rObit

Banned
Oh shit for some reason I thought this wasn't starting until tomorrow. Cool to see my characters are still there from the last event. I didn't do any research or anything but I just figured they'd get wiped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ty Burton

Also, will every beta weekend have seperate invites (I assume so) or are you guranteed for the next ones if you got in this one?

zeopower6

Oh shit for some reason I thought this wasn't starting until tomorrow. Cool to see my characters are still there from the last event. I didn't do any research or anything but I just figured they'd get wiped.

They moved it to a day ahead.

My code was for CBT1 but I have dates from today to Dec. 22 on my account -shrug-.

dragn

first i was mad about lyn only blademaster, then i saw the male option :3

appearance_lyn_male_1riqij.jpg

charname is Auba, add me please

ChrisDM

It has! I'll send you an invite. :D

I want in on this guild too! Who should I whisper for an invite?

EDIT: Also to add to the conversation, does everyone think a great community will spawn out of this game? I've just been spurned far too many times by MMOs where everyone was hyped and then the company did something to make everyone uninterested. I guess only time will tell. :( Thanks ArcheAge.

& also, I'm Efuru on Mushin. Add me up! :D I'd love to party up and learn with others and be taught stuffs.

YoungFa

Are there any words yet when open beta starts? And do I need to redownload the client to take part in EU Closed Beta if I already got the one for NA?

Astra

Nice! I sent you a PM earlier but I wasn't sure if you got it. I was asking to see if you joined the Crimson Legion faction because after you do I'll be able to invite you to the clan.

Yep, I joined the Crimson Legion. I must have been talking to the opposing faction's NPC, because he didn't agree with my decision, but nuts to him!

Rhaknar

Ok I will be posting screenines of my characters so you can see all these lovely ladies

I aprove of this

edit: online on Mushin now if anyone is around for the invite / premium. currently on Vexxys

Rhaknar

yeah, this game is made for melee. Im usually always a caster, but Im hating force master.

I really liked Destroyer up to 10, and from the little I played of Blade Master and Assassin they are also really cool. Really into Assassin atm.

Tera was also like this tbh so its no surprise

edit: yoooo you can make those kids for real creepy (as opposed to sexualized creepy) lol

BrpvQns.png

SDBurton

first i was mad about lyn only blademaster, then i saw the male option :3

appearance_lyn_male_1riqij.jpg

charname is Auba, add me please

I want in on this guild too! Who should I whisper for an invite?

EDIT: Also to add to the conversation, does everyone think a great community will spawn out of this game? I've just been spurned far too many times by MMOs where everyone was hyped and then the company did something to make everyone uninterested. I guess only time will tell. :( Thanks ArcheAge.

& also, I'm Efuru on Mushin. Add me up! :D I'd love to party up and learn with others and be taught stuffs.

I think I go for assassin, the dodge-counter is amazing. Named Sanssouci on Mushin.

Got on Mushin, name is Puruzi

Sent you all friend requests. Again if you haven't already be sure to talk to this guy in Bamboo Village to join the Crimson Legion faction so I can invite you to the clan:

CMYqHyfWEAAoLps.jpg

It may say the faction is full but just keep spamming join/accept and you'll get in.

Yep, I joined the Crimson Legion. I must have been talking to the opposing faction's NPC, because he didn't agree with my decision, but nuts to him!

Awesome, I'll resend the invite when I get home today. Might try to see if I can leave early. :D

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Tempted to jump in after reading impressions. Had fun with the TW version.

No Warlock at the moment right? (Can't read the OP on my phone)

Top Bottom