• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
But in BnS, you still can't stack accessories or wear scarves over capes, you can't buy dance animations (of which there are over 30 of in PSO2), you can't buy and change hairstyles at any time, you can't buy sets of makeup or body paint individually, you can even buy different eye types and makeup in the player store, and there are more default eye types, hairstyles, voices, that were there since launch

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/costumes_2.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/costumes_6.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_1.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_3.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_4.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_5.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_7.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_8.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_camo.php#nav

and this doesn't even cover the cast parts
plus, everything can be bought with in-game currency

yeah thats true, but I think the best costumes are the ones you find. Like I dont even rock any of the store costumes. Like currently i'm wearing the Black Wrym a lvl 47 boss outfit. as for scarfs my PvP outfit has a scarf. Yeah if you want to add parts, recolors, and etc. Like this costume is not in store you have to earn it. A lot of things too also

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABoiyngKXYDQ5Qgiw5C69eyu--9r3nmZVZzqg5ZnTua7H0eVrTPXIutvder5NHE7v12WTXv510-Kg4hBWKPnIAiek7scCHy7NOCMUZPgaN79akzN5UNGZDCBgD2Par5_QHdhiYb.mOQ49K4bPI6i-JLTGH-GCwTsux8.jpg

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
and like another example this outfit and also scarf for having 1k open world PvP kills. which hides my name from anyone not in the guild or not wearing a faction uniform.Not counting those extra stuff just outfit and outfits alone. also if you wonder how to get it. Its 1k kills than you buy a assassin cloth when you wear the assassin cloth mask it hides your name

.eJwFwVsOgyAQAMC7cABgHyyslzFEDdpoIUC_mt69M1_z6bdZzDlnG4tz-zW22nc7Zu25HLbUWu4jt2vYrT4uz5m38zneczjwGlEIRD0mIFFxwIjiUTGxUGAmcoBBIfmwqnAKokwhaqK0ApGPIbLGtdpXK-b3By63KCo.zY3T0IP_BTpfd8_bpehC3VurJ-Q.jpg

Seil

yeah thats true, but I think the best costumes are the ones you find. Like I dont even rock any of the store costumes. Like currently i'm wearing the Black Wrym a lvl 47 boss outfit. as for scarfs my PvP outfit has a scarf. Yeah if you want to add parts, recolors, and etc. Like this costume is not in store you have to earn it. A lot of things too also

.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABoiyngKXYDQ5Qgiw5C69eyu--9r3nmZVZzqg5ZnTua7H0eVrTPXIutvder5NHE7v12WTXv510-Kg4hBWKPnIAiek7scCHy7NOCMUZPgaN79akzN5UNGZDCBgD2Par5_QHdhiYb.mOQ49K4bPI6i-JLTGH-GCwTsux8.jpg

That doesn't really have any bearing on the comparison being made, though. It's simple fact, PSO2 has a deeper and more varied array of cosmetic features. From the number of outfits, to the way you use accessories, hairstyles, colors and so on.

No one's saying that what BnS has is bad or anything, nor are they saying PSO2's options are necessarily nicer looking. That's a matter of opinion. But the amount of content and the variety of things you can do is not opinion based, it just is what it is.

It's not a matter of earning or what someone likes more. It's a comparison of quantity.

Even the scarf comment wasn't just about having scarves, it was about how you can have scarves over X and alongside Y and so on. There's just a lot more customization options there for your outfit.

Uthred

I'm fairly certain you can withdraw from the wardrobe, but not put things back in.

Edit: On this topic, isn't this a standard feature in the other versions of the game? Kind of lame to lock it behind a paywall considering the amount of outfits and that some are even functional.

Yeah you can withdraw but you cant put stuff back in. Honestly other than wardrobe there doesnt seem to be much incentive to buy premium (the queues will sort themselves out in time). Of course what they should have done was make something solid for premium to entice players in as opposed to locking basic functions behind it in an effort to compel players in.

Psyren

I'm fairly certain you can withdraw from the wardrobe, but not put things back in.

Edit: On this topic, isn't this a standard feature in the other versions of the game? Kind of lame to lock it behind a paywall considering the amount of outfits and that some are even functional.

I think that's kind of what they're going for with their business model. They know ppl love the glam & collecting visual modifications, and they know that it will eventually eat up your stash space. It's pretty scummy to an extent, but yeah what can you do...

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
That doesn't really have any bearing on the comparison being made, though. It's simple fact, PSO2 has a deeper and more varied array of cosmetic features. From the number of outfits, to the way you use accessories, hairstyles, colors and so on.

No one's saying that what BnS has is bad or anything, nor are they saying PSO2's options are necessarily nicer looking. That's a matter of opinion. But the amount of content and the variety of things you can do is not opinion based, it just is what it is.

It's not a matter of earning or what someone likes more. It's a comparison of quantity.

Even the scarf comment wasn't just about having scarves, it was about how you can have scarves over X and alongside Y and so on. There's just a lot more customization options there for your outfit.

yeah that is true, but half of them PSO2 outfits was ugly so I never even bother with getting more outfits and shiz on PSO2 i was like mannn I got my one outfit i dont see any others of the many stick out to me. idk i forgot I havent played in a while. but there some reason why I didnt get into outfit hunting and etc. IDKY just getting outfits in BnS omg I cant wait for my favorite outfit from act 5 to come out. Besides that yeah BnS first and only MMO i have gone outfit hunting

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
no actually now i'm curious how much outfits not counting recolor in PSO2 how big is that number. How big is Korean BnS. I know korean including market place is 100 something or close to 100 I know at least 80 for a fact

Seil

no actually now i'm curious how much outfits not counting recolor in PSO2 how big is that number. How big is Korean BnS. I know korean including market place is 100 something or close to 100 I know at least 80 for a fact

I counted over 80 unique normal Female costumes alone for PSO2. That still leaves normal male, all the CAST race parts, the special costumes, and then there's all the accessories and so on.

Person

200-ish for female costumes alone, not counting recolours, otherwise it's 600+
cast parts are user-defined colours

cast 200+ cast parts, that's arms, legs and body interchangeable, plus they can also wear the SP costumes so they have over 300 effective costume sets, but they're also interchangeable so you can mix and match parts for any combination

I haven't counted the male clothes and cast parts

Person

I counted over 80 unique normal Female costumes alone for PSO2. That still leaves normal male, all the CAST race parts, the special costumes, and then there's all the accessories and so on.

the SP costumes list is even bigger than the normal list, which can be equipped by cast females as well

How come this game looks like a Tera rip off?

This is a poorly phrased criticism but I see where it's coming from.

There are definitely some similarities. Some of this stems from the fact that several Lineage 3 team members left the studio and founded Bluehole to create TERA. There was a specific lawsuit stating that Lineage 3 assets were stolen in which they were found guilty in the Korean court system and later exonerated/settled through appeals, allowing TERA to continue. While there is no hard evidence, I think it is safe to say that since B&S began development as early as 2006 it is entirely plausible for Bluehole developers (formerly Lineage 3 team members) to have worked on that project or had exposure and access to those assets which probably influenced some of TERA's design choices.That said, the games are entirely different aside from a few aesthetic similarities.

Person

the one thing MMOs never get right is the UI

I've always hated the UI and HUD in most MMOs

plus I wish they had a dynamic DoF mode

Person

This game did another thing right: customizable ui

Debatable, Tera let you move them around too, but when I switched to UI customization mode here, there were about a billion windows that I tried moving and ended up dragging the wrong thing so many times so I never bothered trying to get a comfortable setup.

I mean it's not the worst, but I just simply mean the design and theme just looks a bit old, though I guess it would be

this is probably my own opinion though, some game designs just work so well that you don't need a HUD at all, or it has a dynamic HUD that only appears when you need it. Though I guess with an MMO, you kinda need all this information.

the one thing MMOs never get right is the UI

I've always hated the UI and HUD in most MMOs

plus I wish they had a dynamic DoF mode

The default UI is pretty good and functional but customization needs improvement.

- Unless I missed this somewhere, I should be able to completely remove any unwanted element
- Untracked quests can't be hidden without changing an obtuse option in configuration (sort by distance, then uncheck what you don't want to track)
- UI should fade in/out dynamically (e.g. health when in combat, map when moving, chat when updated, etc.)
- UI feels dated and needs to be modernized
- Need to be able to do more things in batch/multi-selection (e.g. selling, salvaging, etc.)

Vex_

Banned
my character so far in my journey (lv 21):

I also really REALLY like this outfit. Partially because I barely see anyone else wearing it (and partially because of dat ass). i am a slight hipster. I AM NOT ASHAMED. Also, Tanned GON is best GON.

I gotta say, I had planned on maining my kfm, but I cannot ignore my destroyers grabs and ground stomps that leave a raging inferno on the ground! So DOPE and the impact feels so satisfying! I also dont see a lot of destroyers (which I like because I am a hipster).

Question: where do I get this blight axe? Did I miss it somehow? Or am I not there yet? (lv 21)????

my character so far in my journey (lv 21):

I also really REALLY like this outfit. Partially because I barely see anyone else wearing it. i am a slight hipster. I AM NOT ASHAMED. Also, Tanned GON is best GON.

I gotta say, I had planned on maining my kfm, but I cannot ignore my destroyers grabs and ground stomps that leave a raging inferno on the ground! So DOPE and the impact feels so satisfying! I also dont see a lot of destroyers (which I like because I am a hipster).

Question: where do I get this blight axe? Did I miss it somehow? Or am I not there yet? (lv 21)????

It should tell you where you get each piece you need for upgrades. blight Axe...I wanna say Blackram Narrows, a random drop from the weapon boxes

Vex_

Banned
It should tell you where you get each piece you need for upgrades. blight Axe...I wanna say Blackram Narrows, a random drop from the weapon boxes

it does. It says "Blackram narrows Lv20"! Thanks! I thought I missed it somehow but I am looking at the map and see there is a teleporter there I havent activated yet.

it does. It says "Blackram narrows Lv20"! Thanks! I thought I missed it somehow but I am looking at the map and see there is a teleporter there I havent activated yet.

No problem! If you have a viridian key from one of the founders' packs [I know Masters gives it, not sure about the others] then you can use it to ensure you get the right weapon from the box, or buy one for 80 points on the store. Otherwise, it comes down to RNG, which I'll warn you can get old.

I think I did about 15 runs before I remembered I had a key and used it lol.

Wait you have a guild named Aria Company and your cat is named Aria?! Are you on EU servers? Aria is my favorite anime of all time and I might consider joining you if I may!

Aww, sorry, I'm on the American servers. You have great taste though, and Aria Company would've loved to have you. Right now it's just me, my cat, and one other person...so kinda like the real Aria Company now that I think about it.

arimanius

Glad I could help :D Let me know how good blade master is since all I have currently is a Kung Fu Master and a Force Master

I got her up to 17 last night. So far the blade master is just ok. Taking me longer to kill mobs and doesn't feel like I have the power my KFM has. AOE is a lot better with the BM tho. My KFM is 35 so hopefully the BM will get better around 20.

So I'm trying to play this game, but there is SO much spam. good lord. how do you guys filter all that out?

I don't even try to filter or block them anymore. It's a losing battle.

Aww, sorry, I'm on the American servers. You have great taste though, and Aria Company would've loved to have you. Right now it's just me, my cat, and one other person...so kinda like the real Aria Company now that I think about it.

Aww too bad :( But thank you very much I appreciate it and you have great taste yourself, I always say the world would be a better place if it would be just a tiny bit more like Aqua! Speaking of which, I still have to buy the last volumes of the manga. And yeah you are right :p I eventually plan to roll Summoner and Force Master alts on NA because these should be playable despite the ping and seems like I totally have to call one of them Ai then! :D

ShinMaruku

PSO2 has different color variants of outfits, and far more of them. Then there's the accessories and stuff. PSO2 blows BnS out of the water in that regard. Which looks better, though, is a matter of opinion.

Also unless something's changed, all the outfits in PSO2 are tradeable, same with the tickets to unlock accessories.

Edit: It's been a long time since I played PSO2. I really enjoy the game, but after they changed up things making it harder to connect outside of Japan ages ago, I gave up. Going through a VPN and so on resulted in complete garbage latency for me which ruined the gameplay x.x

Well let us put it this way first PSO2 ain't a MMO I don't know why people link it to that, it's it's own thing. Second that's all Sega does is make outfits because their main business model is dress up and occasionally add new content, game balance is shit, they have several structural problems due to the crap management. If PSO2 was managed as well as Blade and Soul then we'd have a real discussion.

Vex_

Banned
So uhhh. that pile driver skill... I'm impressed it works like that. I dont think I have ever seen anything quite like that before in an mmo.

CoLaN

The PVE is a blast, even if the quests are the same stuff over and over (except for the entertaining main quest).

I can't wait for the next patches and the solo tower.

The PVE is a blast, even if the quests are the same stuff over and over (except for the entertaining main quest).

I can't wait for the next patches and the solo tower.

Yeah I'm primarily gonna be a PvE player so yeah I'm mostly gonna stick to that stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By the way I hope no one is standing around waiting for Pinchy to spawn.

I wanted to take a shot at the hat so I just changed channels every time I killed Pinchy to see if another one spawned somewhere else. I managed to get a rotation going between channels 5, 6 and 7 so I could kill Pinchy every 3 minutes. The time to kill Pinchy on average is just short of the channel switch timer.

By the way I hope no one is standing around waiting for Pinchy to spawn.

I wanted to take a shot at the hat so I just changed channels every time I killed Pinchy to see if another one spawned somewhere else. I managed to get a rotation going between channels 5, 6 and 7 so I could kill Pinchy every 3 minutes.

I did that for a while, but frankly while it saved a few minutes it became therapeutic for me to just surf the web between fights after spin 75 or so.

Unless you really want it asap, I'd say it's faster to lvl to 45, then dump your daily money into coins for the wheel via the market. You can be done in like 5minutes, although it's gonna cost a few golds, but that's not a huge deal I'd say, and beats farming the boss. Obviously you can be lucky and get it quick though, my BM got the costume before I finished the soul shields set, which kinda sucks cause well, BM is Jin obviously. But no worries for my KFM I'm aiming for different costumes anyway.

I got her up to 17 last night. So far the blade master is just ok. Taking me longer to kill mobs and doesn't feel like I have the power my KFM has. AOE is a lot better with the BM tho. My KFM is 35 so hopefully the BM will get better around 20.

Cool. I will make one after I have fleshed out my first characters. I haven't got much time recently to play.

Here's my KFM so far

Unless you really want it asap, I'd say it's faster to lvl to 45, then dump your daily money into coins for the wheel via the market. You can be done in like 5minutes, although it's gonna cost a few golds, but that's not a huge deal I'd say, and beats farming the boss. Obviously you can be lucky and get it quick though, my BM got the costume before I finished the soul shields set, which kinda sucks cause well, BM is Jin obviously. But no worries for my KFM I'm aiming for different costumes anyway.

My BM is Jin as well, I am just obsessed with outfits. If I don't get it today I'm definitely just leveling up and buying my way to it.

Seil

Well let us put it this way first PSO2 ain't a MMO I don't know why people link it to that, it's it's own thing. Second that's all Sega does is make outfits because their main business model is dress up and occasionally add new content, game balance is shit, they have several structural problems due to the crap management. If PSO2 was managed as well as Blade and Soul then we'd have a real discussion.

Okay? I didn't claim it was an MMO or compare the games outside of cosmetics at all. Plus I was responding to another statement that brought it up to begin with.

If we're gonna talk balance, though, last I checked you can solo every current dungeon in BnS using stealth as an Assassin. While I find that neat and fun, I certainly don't consider it balanced.

But there was no discussion about that before you brought it up. At least involving me. My comments were 100% about the cosmetic systems in the games.

I got the Pinchy outfit within 10 turns of the wheel or so but it looks boring on Jin so whatever. I need to upgrade my stuff though, lately the enemies are hitting really hard and I need to put them down quicker.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
When I get home I'm gonna farm Daggerbeak Rookery so I can get the Dark Sandstorm outfit for my KFM. I should've gotten it early on but I was too focused on leveling.

Ferrio

Banned
When I get home I'm gonna farm Daggerbeak Rookery so I can get the Dark Sandstorm outfit for my KFM. I should've gotten it early on but I was too focused on leveling.

Just don't be an asshole level 45 and engage the boss solo while people are still running to it. Flame wall is not fun. God that happened so much last night while I was farming it.

Top Bottom