• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nope. 70 odd spins and nothing. More tomorow I guess

Psyren

3 rolls. Makes a world of difference. Especially when that extra roll was a 6. If you don't get to play more than 2 hours a day, you are a
filthy
casul anyway. So you don't need costumes.

:p

I'm not really all that much into gaming anymore as i used to be. While it's great for my personal life, it also means i don't really have the ability to get hardcore into a game, especially online games, which is why i'm taking it easy with BnS, and just avoiding the "hardcore" stuff.

Vex_

Banned
:p

I'm not really all that much into gaming anymore as i used to be. While it's great for my personal life, it also means i don't really have the ability to get hardcore into a game, especially online games, which is why i'm taking it easy with BnS, and just avoiding the "hardcore" stuff.

Yea, nah i hear ya. I'm actually going pretty slow my self relative to everyone else here. If I can't play for 3 hours, I simply leave it on and do paperwork etc multitask and check on my daily dash every now and then.

I'm a sucker for costumes.

Psyren

Yea, nah i hear ya. I'm actually going pretty slow my self relative to everyone else here. If I can't play for 3 hours, I simply leave it on and do paperwork etc multitask and check on my daily dash every now and then.

I'm a sucker for costumes.

Same.

Any game that gives me a shit load of cosmetics to play with gets my attention really quick lol.

Vex_

Banned
it's nice here but pso2 probably has the best cosmetic stuff imo

It just has a different art style, it definitely isn't "better". I'd argue they are the same in the customization department. Only difference is that their character models lack booty.

Seil

It just has a different art style, it definitely isn't "better". I'd argue they are the same in the customization department. Only difference is that their character models lack booty.

PSO2 has different color variants of outfits, and far more of them. Then there's the accessories and stuff. PSO2 blows BnS out of the water in that regard. Which looks better, though, is a matter of opinion.

Also unless something's changed, all the outfits in PSO2 are tradeable, same with the tickets to unlock accessories.

Edit: It's been a long time since I played PSO2. I really enjoy the game, but after they changed up things making it harder to connect outside of Japan ages ago, I gave up. Going through a VPN and so on resulted in complete garbage latency for me which ruined the gameplay x.x

Person

what I mean is there's like a ton of different outfits and accessories in PSO2, you can hide and enable your armor and there's several colour of every outfit, and they even have licensed outfits from animes and such

you have things like scarves and head accessories and belts you can stack and you can even buy voice packs from famous VAs for your character and change the pitch of all of them

also change hair length, buy hair styles

Person

PSO2 has different color variants of outfits, and far more of them. Then there's the accessories and stuff. PSO2 blows BnS out of the water in that regard. Which looks better, though, is a matter of opinion.

Also unless something's changed, all the outfits in PSO2 are tradeable, same with the tickets to unlock accessories.

not sure how old PSO2 is but I don't doubt BnS is more polished

but yeah there is a lot more variety in PSO2 than there is in BnS

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/costumes_2.php#nav

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_1.php#nav

Psyren

Edit: It's been a long time since I played PSO2. I really enjoy the game, but after they changed up things making it harder to connect outside of Japan ages ago, I gave up. Going through a VPN and so on resulted in complete garbage latency for me which ruined the gameplay x.x

Sega... you mothe#@#$@#

Wow, I just randomly logged in to set my profile pic and there's no bots at all in the Faction chat.

I don't know what miracle NCWest finally managed to pull off but it's amazing.

Person

The VPN stuff wasn't that bad, at least not when I used it

I was on Ship 02 and we had a really nice group of people, we all had the largest triple-room setups and with nice houses because we were all up to our necks in excubes and we made them faster than we could spend on the room passes, and the endgame is actually kinda fun if you like to expand your ever-increasing wardrobe just by grinding money to spend millions on stuff like rare long scarves and cat hats

grinding weapons is a bitch though, I have a 11* rose steward at +7 and I don't intend to increase it

Vex_

Banned

what I mean is there's like a ton of different outfits and accessories in PSO2, you can hide and enable your armor and there's several colour of every outfit, and they even have licensed outfits from animes and such

you have things like scarves and head accessories and belts you can stack and you can even buy voice packs from famous VAs for your character and change the pitch of all of them

also change hair length, buy hair styles

Admittedly it has been awhile for me too. I stopped playing jppso2 when they released the first pack of new weapons (fist weapons were my favorite).

But they still lack da booty. I can't recall hair length tho... Hmmmm I remember hiding different "armor" pieces (units)tho. You kinda had to since they were really ugly anyways.

Game is good fun, but well.... You know....

Person

Admittedly it has been awhile for me too. I stopped playing jppso2 when they released the first pack of new weapons (fist weapons were my favorite).

But they still lack da booty. I can't recall hair length tho... Hmmmm I remember hiding different "armor" pieces (units)tho. You kinda had to since they were really ugly anyways.

Game is good fun, but we'll.... Ya know.

some of them were really pretty and had ribbons and shit, but the nice looking stuff is usually the higher-level stuff, I remember sometimes using some parts with my outfit cause they matched, but most of them are ugly anyway

Seil

Now that I've finally decided to actually play again instead of monitoring gathering nodes while doing non BnS stuff, I've hit level 28. I really need to go back and get my blight weapon so I can evolve my hongmoon x.x

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
not sure how old PSO2 is but I don't doubt BnS is more polished

but yeah there is a lot more variety in PSO2 than there is in BnS

hhmmm you guys are kind of unfair to BnS. BnS yes has been out for awhile tech. speaking,but you all got remember we are playing a day 1 version. meaning what we have is years behind Korea. There is a lot more costumes and etc in BnS than you think. from personal opinion from playing PSO2 since launch and stop playing it and picking it back up. Outfit wise yeah PSO2 which has been around longer than BnS etc has more. There also ton of costumes in end game like one i'm currently rocking. But what you expect from a MMO that has been around longer. also count the fact that what we have is just day 1 stuff vs how much Korea has. We dont even have Mushin tower. which also has costumes and etc
.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABoiyngKXYDQ5Qgiw5C69eyu--9r3nmZVZzqg5ZnTua7H0eVrTPXIutvder5NHE7v12WTXv510-Kg4hBWKPnIAiek7scCHy7NOCMUZPgaN79akzN5UNGZDCBgD2Par5_QHdhiYb.mOQ49K4bPI6i-JLTGH-GCwTsux8.jpg

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
what is up guys i'm just here showing how much I make in like few hours. this screen shot was from yesterday. Reason why there shouldnt be any excuse IMO for every lvl 45 to donate 1 gold a day. Yeah we have lives etc, but i'm more talking about days when you have no work. In few hours of doing end game dailies and also learning the stock market and prices etc. Basically i know what to sell when to sell it. What dungeons to run which Daily should be doing. So does Burton we literally spent all beta study the game and how things flow. If you guys need tips and help knowing what to sell in market place. Dont be scared to hit me or Burton up. We don't mind helping/teaching people.

.eJwFwcENwyAMAMBdGABjEhnIGh2gQgRBpAQj7L6q7t67r_ms2xymq045AM5LCq_TivLKrdrG3O6a5yW28ANZNZf-1KEC6FLwtCEl5yNulAhw9xgThUie9oBpI3iVVeuQzvpGdHaOZn5_Aegk7A.EcycSPlM49MhDTukpr90N8KUYJE.png

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Got my full crit Poharan shield and True Profane Axe lvl 10 next upgrade will be Siren Axe but that's gonna cost me like 30G in total.

no it should only cost you at most 20g to 25, which will be nothing. Like I make 30g a day. wednesday is my work day where i teach like 3 break dance classes and few private lessons. So I dont play much. If I can make 11g in 2 hours. Trust me when I say this. if you do it right in one or 2 days ok maybe 4 you will have 50g like its nothing

Seil

hhmmm you guys are kind of unfair to BnS. BnS yes has been out for awhile tech. speaking,but you all got remember we are playing a day 1 version. meaning what we have is years behind Korea. There is a lot more costumes and etc in BnS than you think. from personal opinion from playing PSO2 since launch and stop playing it and picking it back up. Outfit wise yeah PSO2 which has been around longer than BnS etc has more. There also ton of costumes in end game like one i'm currently rocking. But what you expect from a MMO that has been around longer. also count the fact that what we have is just day 1 stuff vs how much Korea has. We dont even have Mushin tower. which also has costumes and etc

Blade & Soul is older than PSO2 =p

I'm not going to comment on the day 1 thing, because I really dunno where our content stands against launch BnS, though I'd bet money we're not actually running something comparable to the Korean launch.

Edit: Considering our level cap is 45 and it appears the game launched with a 36 level cap, I'm gonna say I win my hypothetical bet lol.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Blade & Soul is older than PSO2 =p

I'm not going to comment on the day 1 thing, because I really dunno where our content stands against launch BnS, though I'd bet money we're not actually running something comparable to the Korean launch.

what your saying is true, but like i just said. NA launch version we are playing is DAY1. we dont even have 1/4 of costumes of Koreans have. no lvl cap is 50 something

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
My god it's actually possible to beat a summoner in PvP

http://abload.de/img/client2016-01-2722-34e6okl.png

I DIDN'T THINK IT COULD BE DONE

yes it can be done I beat them all the time. its next patch where they going to be OP if we are following basically a speed up version of Korea patches. Next patch Summoner are getting buffed R.I.P us

Yeah we fight them all the time hell we fight 2 of them one time a whole team of summoner in PvP tag first match was against 2 summoner and a force master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3XQBXzfEU

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
still I think PSO2 might have??? IDK Cause I never like much of the costumes in PSO2 cause half of them looked ugly IMO. Most of them being just recolors...... yeah if you count the recolors PSO2 has a lot of costumes, but how much unique costumes do they really have vs BnS korea??? PSO2 might still have more but I dont think its that much more than BnS especially if you take away recolors

yes it can be done I beat them all the time. its next patch where they going to be OP if we are following basically a speed up version of Korea patches. Next patch Summoner are getting buffed R.I.P us

Yeah we fight them all the time hell we fight 2 of them one time a whole team of summoner in PvP tag first match was against 2 summoner and a force master https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3XQBXzfEU

As a level 25-30 KFM I've literally never beaten one before tonight or even come close, so it felt pretty nice.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
As a level 25-30 KFM I've literally never beaten one before tonight or even come close, so it felt pretty nice.

Hit up burton for skill tree help with PvP arena he actually holds his own really good against Summoners. Trust me when I say this... the buff next month.... that when going to get hard.

Person

hhmmm you guys are kind of unfair to BnS. BnS yes has been out for awhile tech. speaking,but you all got remember we are playing a day 1 version. meaning what we have is years behind Korea.
I'm not being unfair, an mmo having been out fot longer doesn't make it any less of a legitimate statement that PSO2 just has more clothes than BnS

I'm not saying this makes PSO2 better than BnS, I still very much like PSO2 because of this and the monster-hunter style big-weapons combat, and I like BnS for different reasons

You could have a game that's been out for 10 years and have little extra content or have a game that's been out for 3 with constant monthly massive content patches

I feel like you're being a bit defensive about this, I like both games a lot

Hit up burton for skill tree help with PvP arena he actually holds his own really good against Summoners. Trust me when I say this... the buff next month.... that when going to get hard.

I've looked into that stuff, but without being level 45 I can't use any of the builds these people recommend. All their talent picks require like level 36 and shit.

Person

the thing is you probably shouldn't do PvP until you have most of your skills unlocked for cc and such

you can learn how to chain and combo your moves anyway through PvE, it's not a player but at least you can get used to pressing patterns and such

the thing is you probably shouldn't do PvP until you have most of your skills unlocked for cc and such

you can learn how to chain and combo your moves anyway through PvE, it's not a player but at least you can get used to pressing patterns and such

But I wanna ;_;

Lol. Got the Lycan outfit in 15 minutes. Spent the next 3 hours getting the adornment. Not the face adornment, which looks stupid, but the adornment that makes the coat look even cooler.

Probably gonna be wearing this one for awhile.

Wait you have a guild named Aria Company and your cat is named Aria?! Are you on EU servers? Aria is my favorite anime of all time and I might consider joining you if I may!

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
I'm not being unfair, an mmo having been out fot longer doesn't make it any less of a legitimate statement that PSO2 just has more clothes than BnS

I'm not saying this makes PSO2 better than BnS, I still very much like PSO2 because of this and the monster-hunter style big-weapons combat, and I like BnS for different reasons

You could have a game that's been out for 10 years and have little extra content or have a game that's been out for 3 with constant monthly massive content patches

I feel like you're being a bit defensive about this, I like both games a lot

yeah i kind of forgot to add what we have is not even 1/4 of what korea have as of right now like we do not have the costumes from Mushin tower, or act 4 or act 4world bosses and etc let alone some of the costumes that are missing from the store that was in beta, Let alone the ones in store from Korea. Trust me there is a lot of costumes once we get caught up with Korea. that why i said it kind of a unfair comparison. you all act like we have all the costumes... we don't even have 1/4

Person

yeah i kind of forgot to add what we have is not even 1/4 of what korea have as of right now

But in BnS, you still can't stack accessories or wear scarves over capes, you can't buy dance animations (of which there are over 30 of in PSO2), you can't buy and change hairstyles at any time, you can't buy sets of makeup or body paint individually, you can even buy different eye types and makeup in the player store, and there are more default eye types, hairstyles, voices, that were there since launch

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/costumes_6.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_3.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_4.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_5.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_7.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_8.php#nav
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_camo.php#nav

and this doesn't even cover the cast parts
plus, everything can be bought with in-game currency

Psyren

yeah i kind of forgot to add what we have is not even 1/4 of what korea have as of right now

Something tells me that if i plan on sticking with this game, i'm going to need to pay for that wardrobe space :/

Btw, i wanted to know. What happens to your wardrobe access after premium expires. Does it remain unlocked?

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Something tells me that if i plan on sticking with this game, i'm going to need to pay for that wardrobe space :/

Btw, i wanted to know. What happens to your wardrobe access after premium expires. Does it remain unlocked?

thats a good question. i'm going to get a one year premium actually when my 90 day from my master pack runs out

Seil

I'm fairly certain you can withdraw from the wardrobe, but not put things back in.

Edit: On this topic, isn't this a standard feature in the other versions of the game? Kind of lame to lock it behind a paywall considering the amount of outfits and that some are even functional.

Top Bottom