• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the more the pinchy shit doesnt drop the more it gets to a point where now I HAVE to get it, or all this time was a waste

the more the pinchy shit doesnt drop the more it gets to a point where now I HAVE to get it, or all this time was a waste

Time is literally the only unrecoverable resource in a human lifespan. If you feel something is a waste of time, you should stop instead of continuing.

At least that mentality ultimately works out in this situation, unlike in gambling =p

Money is a recoverable resource. You can always go to work the next day and earn more.

You can't ever earn more time. You have the time you are given and once you've wasted all of it you die.

If anything, wasting time is the biggest waste of all for a mortal human with a finite lifespan. People are always so obsessed with money but it's time they can't ever get back.

Seil

Money is a recoverable resource. You can always go to work the next day and earn more.

You can't ever earn more time. You have the time you are given and once you've wasted all of it you die.

If anything, wasting time is the biggest waste of all for a mortal human with a finite lifespan. People are always so obsessed with money but it's time they can't ever get back.

You're guaranteed to eventually acquire the item you're looking for if you sink in enough time in this situation. You're not guaranteed to recoup your losses if you're gambling and continue to sink money into it infinitely. This was my point, and it's 100% sound lol.

Edit: It's also worth noting that you're effectively wasting time as well, if you're having to spend time recouping money you threw away. Though if we're gonna talk about wasting time, these games kind of do that by design =p

Person

Just got to Lycan. Farming him because his outfit looks fantastic on Lyns.

Got the adornment on the first spin of the wheel, but I don't really want it. Looks dumb.

I like the tails :<

I hope to get profane shroud soon, I hope I haven't run out of luck cause none of these were particularly painful to get, at least for me

the current WoF outfits I have are:
Jiangshi
Deva
Stinger
Lycan

I like the tails :<

Eh? I'm talking about the face adornment looking stupid on Lyns. Do other races get tails on their faces? The non-face adornment is pretty awesome.

Things and stuff about time.

You're being pointlessly philosophical in a thread about tits and ass and it's coming off as kind of pretentious. I hope you're just messing around. It's an MMO, so it's pretty much a time sink by definition, and Rhaknar said it would be a waste of time if he didn't get the outfit. Telling him to quit is basically telling him to label that time as wasted.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder if ill reach the 100 spins before it drops

;_;

You're guaranteed to eventually acquire the item you're looking for if you sink in enough time in this situation. You're not guaranteed to recoup your losses if you're gambling and continue to sink money into it infinitely. This was my point, and it's 100% sound lol.

Edit: It's also worth noting that you're effectively wasting time as well, if you're having to spend time recouping money you threw away. Though if we're gonna talk about wasting time, these games kind of do that by design =p

I don't think you understand how statistics works if you think that it's guaranteed that he will eventually get the item. It works exactly the same as gambling actually although the odds are probably better.

You're being pointlessly philosophical in a thread about tits and ass and it's coming off as kind of pretentious. I hope you're just messing around. It's an MMO, so it's pretty much a time sink by definition, and Rhaknar said it would be a waste of time if he didn't get the outfit. Telling him to quit is basically telling him to label that time as wasted.

LMAO, why don't you go read what Haly posted

Person

quad tails
xlHaowG.jpg

wonder if ill reach the 100 spins before it drops

;_;

sometimes I just collect a bunch and spin when I have like, 30+ essences

all things considered this RNG (in my experience) is fairly painless compared to some other games I've played, especially when you spend 3-4 hours killing a boss every minute to unlock a helmet in borderlands 2

heck this is one of the fastest-leveling MMOs I've ever played but that could just be because the cap is so low, I'm not sure if it's the same on the latest KR version

Seil

I don't think you understand how statistics works if you think that it's guaranteed that he will eventually get the item. It works exactly the same as gambling actually although the odds are probably better.

The odds of someone not getting this drop if they sink in enough time in their lifetime are so insanely low that they might as well not exist, and you're only spending the time. If you're gambling away your money, you're both spending time doing so and losing money with a low chance of breaking even, let alone coming out with what you're after. I'm the kind of person that does way too much math when I play games.

Working toward a loot drop is like rolling dice. If you seriously never roll a 6 on a 6 sided die, or a 20 on a 20 sided die(and are actually trying to do so) then you're so unlucky it's ridiculous.

When gambling, on the other hand, you're obviously likely to "win" many times. However, you're much less likely to achieve your actual goal, which is to come out with profit in the end. At least in a situation where it's entirely up to luck.

Edit: I meant to add something else to the comment about doing math when I play games, but forgot to do so. It reads incredibly awkward as-is lol. I do have a bad habit of spending time calculating drop rates and the like, though. As noted with the fact I've spent too many hours tracking ore node spawn times. Granted, I did that mostly passively while doing other things.

Seil

I'm going to develop a game one day with an "I feel sorry for you" dynamically biased RNG

I've seen this in some games before. The odds for rare drops etc increase the more you fail to roll them. Sometimes even being able to reach 100%. Wish I could think of an example off the top of my head, though.

yaffi

I've seen this in some games before. The odds for rare drops etc increase the more you fail to roll them. Sometimes even being able to reach 100%. Wish I could think of an example off the top of my head, though.

TERA does this with equipment upgrades.

I'm going to develop a game one day with an "I feel sorry for you" dynamically biased RNG

Tera had a system where every time you failed a weapon enchant, the % odds of success on the next attempt increased slightly until you succeeded and the % reset for the next tier or you hit the cap.

It was statistically nearly impossible to hit the cap if you did the math on % success and number of attempts you had to fail sequentially to hit the cap. We're talking lower than the odds of being hit by lightning class unlucky here.

I knew 2 people who hit that cap in Tera failing enchants.

So when I hear people tell me about how things are somehow "guaranteed" when playing the odds against RNGesus I just have a good laugh.

Stalk

Tera had a system where every time you failed a weapon enchant, the % odds of success on the next attempt increased slightly until you succeeded and the % reset for the next tier or you hit the cap.

It was statistically nearly impossible to hit the cap if you did the math on % success and number of attempts you had to fail sequentially to hit the cap. We're talking lower than the odds of being hit by lightning class unlucky here.

That's still a neat little system though and reduces fails somewhat. I like it, never played Tera but I wish FFXIV materia melds did something different.

Seil

So when I hear people tell me about how things are somehow "guaranteed" when playing the odds against RNGesus I just have a good laugh.

So, you knew two people that managed to pull something off that's insanely unlikely and that somehow goes against the idea of essentially "guaranteed" odds? =p

Psyren

I wanted to know, why is it that they put a limit on your ability to sprint. Do they plan to add mounts or something???

Person

I wanted to know, why is it that they put a limit on your ability to sprint. Do they plan to add mounts or something???

Is there anything like that on the KR version which has been out for some time? If there is they probably would've added it by now

but yeah, I'm wondering this too, especially since it already takes a long time for you to be out of combat before you can sprint, so I'm wondering why it's in at all since you can't just run away from enemies

Psyren

Is there anything like that on the KR version which has been out for some time? If there is they probably would've added it by now

but yeah, I'm wondering this too, especially since it already takes a long time for you to be out of combat before you can sprint, so I'm wondering why it's in at all since you can't just run away from enemies

Those are my exact thoughts!!!

I guess it's just one of those 'fuck you gamers' kind of things lol :/

Zand

Neo Member
Took about 10 runs but I finally got this:

Oh and to put that whole "who has the best dance" thing to rest. Spoil tagging for courtesy.
yw66ceb.gif

Fun fact. You can use that GIF as your ingame profile picture by renaming it:

booty.gif.jpg

Person

Farmed 20 essence and got 2 of these.

There's no way to trade outfits, right? I would give the other one away if I could.

yeah that's another thing

after i get the first one and try to get the additions i feel like the outfits are even easier to get than the extra parts

RyudBoy

yeah that's another thing

after i get the first one and try to get the additions i feel like the outfits are even easier to get than the extra parts

This was the first time I got 2 of the same outfits. Don't think I'm gonna go for the tail.

I'm just really shocked by how fast I got it.

Psyren

I wanted to know, is there a way to get more than 2 moves per day on the daily dash?

I really like the look of the costume at the end :/

Psyren

Buy premium.

how many more rolls do you get? Also, are you still limited to 1 roll per hour?

Because if the time limit is still in place, then (assuming i did get premium) it would still be a waste because i don't get to play for more than an hour or 2 on most days...

Because if the time limit is still in place, then (assuming i did get premium) it would still be a waste because i don't get to play for more than an hour or 2 on most days...

3 rolls total per day, 1 per hour. Sounds like it wouldn't be worth it in your case.

Vex_

Banned

3 rolls. Makes a world of difference. Especially when that extra roll was a 6. If you don't get to play more than 2 hours a day, you are a
filthy
casul anyway. So you don't need costumes.

Top Bottom