• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

Busaiku, try not to heart car so much. It's really unsafe and if you do it and it gets blocked spend the 50 meter to RC it to make it safe.

GGs Burrito haha, it's impossible to react to Bang's tacos online. Bang has been my bane since CT lol.

Heh, yeah, Bang gets away with a lot of goofy shit online. Your Hakumen was really solid. Your air footsies had me sweating the entire time we were in neutral.

Busaiku

Yeah, but it's what I like to do with my characters.
Of course Kick Start My Heart and Bear Screw are much better. It's just a habit I can't break.

Yeah, but it's what I like to do with my characters.
Of course Kick Start My Heart and Bear Screw are much better. It's just a habit I can't break.

You had me locked down forever once you got your item install going haha.
Dat lion stick X(

Heh, yeah, Bang gets away with a lot of goofy shit online. Your Hakumen was really solid. Your air footsies had me sweating the entire time we were in neutral.

lol thanks, I had some pretty big chokes and just couldn't clutch it out.
And those two times you went into bang install during my meaties were hilarious. I dropped the overdrive combo on the 6B CH too :<
That was a really smooth for 0 bars too.

OceanBlue

Sorry I've been gone for a while. School's been eating my time lol. I'm available to play for two or three hours if anyone's available.

Edit: Good games Busaiku!

I still have to play Thores, OceanBlue and Master Milk. I'm free past 8PM EST tonight and past around 5 tomorrow, so if any of you are free around then hit me up.

Mdesilva

I want to finish up matches today but there's a good chance I'll be out of the house, sorry :( If I find time to play tonight I'll post.

edit: yeah this isn't happening. can't play now and even if I could my head isn't clear enough for me to be able to perform well. you can just take me out of the tournament or something idk, sorry for late notice

Busaiku

Alright, I'm gonna call it.
Unfortunately, a bunch of matches weren't completed, but I can still determine the winner easily enough.
None of the unplayed matches were assigned a winner, and nobody got points.

Just for clarification, the number in the brackets, your game differential, is determined by totaling your wins and then subtracting your losses.
Again, wins matter more, but the game differential is in place as a tiebreaker.

Everyone got a bye for Fugu, but that doesn't count, since he'd wanted to withdraw prior to the tournament. So it's a maximum of 11 rounds.

1. The Yo Tornado - 9-0 (+34)
2. Roe Bear - 9-1 (+32)
3. Rhapsody - 5-3 (+13)
4. Lemstar - 5-4 (+5)
5. Curry-Hakase - 4-2 (+7)
6. DiscoShark - 4-4 (+0)
7. Busaiku - 2-9 (-29)
8. OceanBlue - 1-2 (-4)
9. MasterMilk - 1-4 (-10)
10. cj_iwakura - 1-6 (-13)
11. Thores - 0-1 (-2)
12. Mdesilve - 0-5 (-18)

Check the results to see if I made any mistakes.

Congratulations to The Yo Tornado!

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, everyone, congrats to Yo Tornado. And again, thanks for hosting, Busaiku.

Gonna have to get back into this game again someday and do better with Rachel.

Edit: I got stomped by Roe-bear, and went with some dumb gimmicks on my other two losses lol
The puppet just won't die in 1.1 :(

Thanks again for setting this up, Busaiku. It was a nice ending to probably my favorite fighter since I started playing seriously. Now I can move on to Xrd and get wrecked with no regrets.

And ggs to everyone I played as well. All of the sets were enjoyable. Hopefully I didn't scrub out too much for anybody, lol.

RoeBear

Congrats Tornado, and thanks for the setup Busaiku. Hopefully 2.0 is released as a patch or something and we can all continue to play without having to buy a new version.

Marz

Thanks again for setting this up, Busaiku. It was a nice ending to probably my favorite fighter since I started playing seriously. Now I can move on to Xrd and get wrecked with no regrets.

And ggs to everyone I played as well. All of the sets were enjoyable. Hopefully I didn't scrub out too much for anybody, lol.

Why would you just drop the game? If you're good at the game and enjoy it why not keep playing so the community thrives?

Rhapsody

Banned
Hey Lem, Rhap, I still want to play you two sometime!

Maybe again sometime when I'm not too busy with Guilty Gear. There's 2.0, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to invest time into that regarding the changes to Rachel. Also depends if it really is going to be just a patch.

The only thing that catches my interest on character changes is that I finally get CT-esque Nu back and an even better Izayoi (although she's really good in 1.1)

Why would you just drop the game? If you're good at the game and enjoy it why not keep playing so the community thrives?

Don't have enough time in the day to juggle this, Xrd and P4AU simultaneously. Plus I'm a strictly online guy and the community is kinda barren so I would be spending as much or more time looking for matches than I would actually playing them. I'll still play with dudes on my friends list when they're interested, but it's not something I'm going to be actively looking for until 2.0 drops at least.

Plus like what Rhap said some of the stuff I've heard regarding my characters is a turn off. IAD combos with Bang and Bullet's hard knockdown off of her drives are some of the main reasons I play them, and those being gone makes me less motivated to want to play.

antibolo

Banned
Yet another full price "Extend" bullshit release of this game in such a short timespan is the final straw for me, I'm done with BlazBlue for good.

Especially now that Guilty Gear has returned, BlazBlue has no reason to exist anymore.

I'm actually kind of curious if they're going to be relying on BB more now that GG Xrd sold underwhelmingly. I have a feeling ArcSys is going to be doing this sort of thing even more often now.

Marz

Yet another full price "Extend" bullshit release of this game in such a short timespan is the final straw for me, I'm done with BlazBlue for good.

Especially now that Guilty Gear has returned, BlazBlue has no reason to exist anymore.

They are going to do the exact same thing with Guilty Gear so are you going to be "done" with that series as well when the next update comes out in 8 months?

redhairedking

This is literally every fighting game nowadays, and most games in general.

antibolo

Banned
They are going to do the exact same thing with Guilty Gear so are you going to be "done" with that series as well when the next update comes out in 8 months?

We'll see. The P4A series got a much more reasonable treatment, so we can't automatically assume that Xrd will follow the same path as BB.

This is literally every fighting game nowadays, and most games in general.

No it's not. Capcom stopped that bullshit a few years ago. You can upgrade Super SF4 all the way to Ultra without re-buying the entire game. Arc System Works has no excuse at this point, they can do the same. Their "Extend" releases are ludicrous, they are alienating their console audience, only further making sure that the game remains a super niche outside of Japan.

Busaiku

Persona 4 Arena isn't an ArcSys franchise, so that's why it's different.
Though with the latest arcade update, I'm guessing it will become more in-line with BlazBlue.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Though with the latest arcade update, I'm guessing it will become more in-line with BlazBlue.

Hopefully not. CS2 was a free upgrade which is more in line with what P4U2 is shaping up to be.

Uraizen

Banned

Oy, be nice, some people like it more.

We'll see. The P4A series got a much more reasonable treatment, so we can't automatically assume that Xrd will follow the same path as BB.

You probably have Atlus to thank for that, so Xrd will probably follow the same path.

No it's not. Capcom stopped that bullshit a few years ago. You can upgrade Super SF4 all the way to Ultra without re-buying the entire game. Arc System Works has no excuse at this point, they can do the same. Their "Extend" releases are ludicrous, they are alienating their console audience, only further making sure that the game remains a super niche outside of Japan.

Well, SSFIV was one hell of an upgrade compared to Extend and the rest just added/recycled a few characters and stages. Yeah, Extend should be an upgrade, I'm not arguing against that.

You think that would happen? I can only see it happening if they added characters to the arcade rebalance. Though, P4A didn't go the DLC route for any of their characters or get a rebalance iirc.

----

Either way, I buy ArcSys games knowing this will happen with probably all of their own games. Is it a dumb way of upgrading? Of course it is, but I feel like I get my money's worth out of the time I put in with each version. Not sure why they did it again, though. I thought the last version of Extend sold like shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was hoping BBCP2 was getting the same treatment as P4U2 did. As in getting one extra tuning in balance before porting it (even if it's not an overhaul on changes).

Top Bottom