• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

OmegaZero

Use jabs, stance (sparingly) and your command grab. Hazama's close-range pressure is excellent.

Yeah, just found out about the whole stance thing.
I don't use the command grab much, since I still find it difficult to follow-up during netplay, but I'm guessing it's one of Hazama's essential tools.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Makoto Nanaya system/announcer voice DLC is out now :D

2Xd9I.png

Tobe

i finally did it, stupid ragna trials most of the were easy but god the last super of trial 15 was just a pain in the ass to do.

I'm up for some games on the PS3 version. I'm a scrub atm though.
As a rule, anything that allows you to go from the air to the ground has a hole in it and the size of it depends on how far off the ground you are. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm fairly sure that 2B 6C is unsafe (the online frame data isn't current so this might be wrong) and that you can also DP 6C j.236(A/C) on regular block.

These are great though, thanks. I'm going to take the nails out because it makes it easier for me to have the computer do it repeatedly without them.
Ah, thanks. BB was the game where I just let my instincts run wild. I never really sat down to think about the minutia of the game that really makes someone a force to be reckoned with. I also never see people challenging Bang's overheads and mixups too much even if they are slightly unsafe. I guess people must fear fatal hits.
Platinum has 5A > 5A > 5A x infinity, I think . . .
She is a little 5A machine. Bang and Plat probably have some of the longest blockstrings I've seen so far.
So I've never played Blazblue but was always interested. How hard is learning blazblue? I have a pretty good knowledge of 2d fighters (mvc2, mvc3, 3s, cvs2 and now SFxT. Yeah I skipped SF4).

Also how good is the Vita version? I was planning to get a vita and probably picking BB up.
It's hard if you want to learn too many characters, but it's easier to learn a couple of them and their matchups. Just be prepared to approach the game with an open mind. Pretty much everyone outside of Ragna has a very distinct style that doesn't have appear in the fighters you listed(at least not at shoto levels). Everyone has said only good things about the Vita version as far as I can remember. All the unlockable stuff is there(colors, some system voices, tons of artwork, unlimited characters), the OLED screen is amazing for 2D fighters and it plays almost(or on par) as well as the console versions which have been the standard in the 2D fighter realm when it comes to online gaming(SFxT might get there if it didn't have those sound glitches).
in between losing 15 or so games in a row online, i discovered that instant blocking is godly
IB is amazing and it's not even that hard to do. I think it's a nice middleground between easy pushblock like Mahvel and more complex stuff like piano techniques for pushblock in VSav. I hope they keep that for future games.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
IBing is hard when your opponent expects you to IB.

Also, can anyone explain to me exactly how long it takes for a character to correct the way they face after jumping or IADing over the opponent? It was never really an issue with Tager or Hazama, but it's been a fairly common occurrence when I play as Bang. I know his j.4B is used often, but there are times when I want to use other normals, but they'll be in the wrong direction.

Fugu

IBing is hard when your opponent expects you to IB.

Also, can anyone explain to me exactly how long it takes for a character to correct the way they face after jumping or IADing over the opponent? It was never really an issue with Tager or Hazama, but it's been a fairly common occurrence when I play as Bang. I know his j.4B is used often, but there are times when I want to use other normals, but they'll be in the wrong direction.
Your opponent should always expect you to IB. I'm not even sure what this means, because stuffing IBing is a natural component of pressure (you shouldn't do the same thing every time) that most players do in the process of other, far more important things -- like trying to hit the opponent. I feel like specifically trying to prevent your opponent from IBing by staggering your attacks is only going to get you hit, not them.

As far as I'm aware, your character corrects the direction they're facing as soon as the dash/ascending component of the jump animation ends, which is character-specific. Litchi has a crossup that only hits opponents you're not facing (5B[m] IAD j.2D) and if I don't input the j.2D within a few frames of going over their head it comes out the wrong way. I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly though, I honestly haven't had too many moves come out backwards. You should also keep in mind that if you can dj tk a move, inputting it as such will cause your character to turn around right away (assuming you have a jump action left); if I wanted to hatsu (236B) an opponent immediately after crossing them up, just inputting it normally will get me a j.B because my character hasn't turned around yet (and Litchi doesn't have a 214B), but if I input it as 2369 towards my opponent I'll switch directions due to the jump. This is more relevant to Bang due to his extra action in the air but I don't play Bang so I don't know of any specific usefulness.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Your opponent should always expect you to IB. I'm not even sure what this means, because stuffing IBing is a natural component of pressure (you shouldn't do the same thing every time) that most players do in the process of other, far more important things -- like trying to hit the opponent. I feel like specifically trying to prevent your opponent from IBing by staggering your attacks is only going to get
you hit, not them.
I only meant that at beginning levels of play, where everyone only learns like 2 blockstrings that they execute like combos, IBing becomes pretty braindead easy. At higher levels, it's not as easy as some people suppose it is.

As far as I'm aware, your character corrects the direction they're facing as soon as the dash/ascending component of the jump animation ends, which is character-specific. Litchi has a crossup that only hits opponents you're not facing (5B[m] IAD j.2D) and if I don't input the j.2D within a few frames of going over their head it comes out the wrong way. I think you'll get used to it pretty quickly though, I honestly haven't had too many moves come out backwards. You should also keep in mind that if you can dj tk a move, inputting it as such will cause your character to turn around right away (assuming you have a jump action left); if I wanted to hatsu (236B) an opponent immediately after crossing them up, just inputting it normally will get me a j.B because my character hasn't turned around yet (and Litchi doesn't have a 214B), but if I input it as 2369 towards my opponent I'll switch directions due to the jump. This is more relevant to Bang due to his extra action in the air but I don't play Bang so I don't know of any specific usefulness.
Bang doesn't have any cross-up TKs to try, but I'll just try to find out how long my airdash lasts. Thanks.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I know how many frames it is, but I still need to get a feel it in practice. Thanks, though.

And yeah, I don't really see much of a point of TKing cross-up nails, either lol.

CPS2

Just wondering a couple of things, have there been any updates to BBCS:EX yet and do they still show the version number at all times? Also are there any DLC characters on the way? I think i heard rumours about Kokonoe and Jubei a while back but i've been out of the loop. Will probably pick this game up soon.

Also can you still use the old versions of characters and if so, how far does it go back?

Well, the arcade I play has version 1.11/\, so it's had SOME updating at least in the arcade, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what.

Anyways, today I finally managed to win a round with Mu, so I'm leveling up...a little, but leveling up is leveling up :|

Does anyone have any tips on how I should be using Mu's drive? I've pretty much been placing the laser things at random whenever I can so far.

Fugu

You can't use old versions of characters in CSEX.

Mu's drive is good for oki and full screen stuff. I don't know the specifics though, but Q might be able to help you.

MechaX

Picked this up over the weekend after not playing CS1 (or I guess with the patch, CS2) in ages. Now I'm trying to completely relearn Hazama (I also played as Lambda, but I don't know if I'm going to try to relearn her or pick up Mu instead). This... is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The mission modes have me doing a few 100 heat combos (in which his 632146 + C timing at the end of the combo is just something I'm not getting at the moment).

So I try to go to Dust Loop just to see if they have a couple of BnBs so I can ease my way into the character. Lo and behold, the only wiki up for him has like 30 combos up with zero word as to whether they are flashy, difficult to execute combos, if they are BnBs, or anything. Jesus Christ man, doing shit like that is just sure to intimidate newer players than getting them in. And when actually trying to read the topics listed there, a lot of the players go between number notation and just referring to the moves in their Japanese names (which doesn't help me too much).

But that's enough ranting. Going to play around with Hazama and Lamdba/Mu a bit more.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Picked this up over the weekend after not playing CS1 (or I guess with the patch, CS2) in ages. Now I'm trying to completely relearn Hazama (I also played as Lambda, but I don't know if I'm going to try to relearn her or pick up Mu instead). This... is a lot harder than I thought it would be. The mission modes have me doing a few 100 heat combos (in which his 632146 + C timing at the end of the combo is just something I'm not getting at the moment).

So I try to go to Dust Loop just to see if they have a couple of BnBs so I can ease my way into the character. Lo and behold, the only wiki up for him has like 30 combos up with zero word as to whether they are flashy, difficult to execute combos, if they are BnBs, or anything. Jesus Christ man, doing shit like that is just sure to intimidate newer players than getting them in. And when actually trying to read the topics listed there, a lot of the players go between number notation and just referring to the moves in their Japanese names (which doesn't help me too much).

But that's enough ranting. Going to play around with Hazama and Lamdba/Mu a bit more.

Some quick Hazama combos midscreen that are fairly easy to do:
5A>5B>(2B)>5C>2C>3C>214D~A

2C(antiair)>4D~D>j.B>j.Cx2>jc>j.Cx5>j.214B

(up to 3 normals)>236236B, 66, 214D~C>6C, 66, 5C>2C>4D~D>j.B>j.Cx2>jc>j.Cx5>j.214B

Corner:
5A>5B>(2B)>5C>2C>3C>236D, 66C, 66, 5C>jc>j.5Cx5>5C>2C>214D~B, 66, 5C>2C>214D~B, 3C

B+C>214D~C, 66C, 66, 5C>jc>j.5Cx5>5C>2C>214D~B, 66, 5C>2C>214D~B, 3C

These shouldn't be too hard, and they give decent heat gain. After you get these, you can move on to doing that tk loop...

Fugu

Dustloop is garbage, expect to fight with it more than the game. Don't waste your time learning any combo that uses 100% heat or any combo that uses 50% heat that doesn't do a lot of damage or gives a lot of carry.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...azama-Combo-Guide-and-Combo-Discussion-Thread
Most of these are just really short midscreen combos that you should learn just for the sake of it because they're not even really combos. Stuff off of 5B in the corner is always useful, as is anything off of a throw or a (CH) AA.

EDIT; This thread is dying. Are any of you guys still playing? I'm playing better than I ever have lately. I blame the relative obscurity of Litchi in this version.

I haven't played for more than 20 minutes at a time in about a week, but I have no intention of dropping the game from my regular playlist anytime soon.

You knew the thread was going to die, though. xD You should have, at least. >_>

Also, Platinum voices drop today!

Also, also, I have no idea when you're actually playing or gone Fugu, since you idle all the time.

I'm playing the game all the time(I think I even got my cousin back into the game too). I just forget to plug my ethernet cord back into the PS3 after I finish with GGPO. It's kind of sad that all the gaming on my friend list switched to SFxT and hasn't come back since.

Just send me an invite if you want to play. I'm up for FT20 2 man lobbies and such.

MechaX

Some quick Hazama combos midscreen that are fairly easy to do:
5A>5B>(2B)>5C>2C>3C>214D~A

2C(antiair)>4D~D>j.B>j.Cx2>jc>j.Cx5>j.214B

(up to 3 normals)>236236B, 66, 214D~C>6C, 66, 5C>2C>4D~D>j.B>j.Cx2>jc>j.Cx5>j.214B

Corner:
5A>5B>(2B)>5C>2C>3C>236D, 66C, 66, 5C>jc>j.5Cx5>5C>2C>214D~B, 66, 5C>2C>214D~B, 3C

B+C>214D~C, 66C, 66, 5C>jc>j.5Cx5>5C>2C>214D~B, 66, 5C>2C>214D~B, 3C

These shouldn't be too hard, and they give decent heat gain. After you get these, you can move on to doing that tk loop...

Dustloop is garbage, expect to fight with it more than the game. Don't waste your time learning any combo that uses 100% heat or any combo that uses 50% heat that doesn't do a lot of damage or gives a lot of carry.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...azama-Combo-Guide-and-Combo-Discussion-Thread
Most of these are just really short midscreen combos that you should learn just for the sake of it because they're not even really combos. Stuff off of 5B in the corner is always useful, as is anything off of a throw or a (CH) AA.

EDIT; This thread is dying. Are any of you guys still playing? I'm playing better than I ever have lately. I blame the relative obscurity of Litchi in this version.

The help is much appreciated. When considering that a lot of his ground options are ending with 5C>2C>3C>214D~A, I'm starting to get a bit used to the timing. Hell, up until a few hours ago, I thought that you had to only have 5C hit once for it to combo anything.

I think I'll also try Mu out a little bit.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yep, just about anything Hazama does can lead into 5B>2B>5C>2C>214D~A midscreen or 236D in corner. If you feel that you are too far away, you can omit 2B, one hit of 5C, or 2C as well. Happy practicing!

EDIT: @Fugu I don't play as much as I used to due to job searching. However, I'll be back on much more regularly as soon as that's over. I play on 360, however.

Fugu

I don't even have the game at my house any more (I've left it at my mom's house) so now I've gotten into the habit of only playing on weekends over the past few months, and -- contrary to my expectations -- it's actually made me a much stronger player. I spend more time thinking about playing than actually playing.

Lothars

It's hard if you want to learn too many characters, but it's easier to learn a couple of them and their matchups. Just be prepared to approach the game with an open mind. Pretty much everyone outside of Ragna has a very distinct style that doesn't have appear in the fighters you listed(at least not at shoto levels). Everyone has said only good things about the Vita version as far as I can remember. All the unlockable stuff is there(colors, some system voices, tons of artwork, unlimited characters), the OLED screen is amazing for 2D fighters and it plays almost(or on par) as well as the console versions which have been the standard in the 2D fighter realm when it comes to online gaming(SFxT might get there if it didn't have those sound glitches).
I have the Vita version and it is fantastic, Great playing and It seems to have everything that the console versions have.

It's the most i've played of Blazblue but I am really enjoying the Verson on the Vita so far.

MechaX

Man, Boss Ragna is even more irritating than Boss Hazama. At least Hazama never hit confirms into a 6000k super. And the priority and invul frames that Boss Ragna has is just absurd.

cj_iwakura

Litchi can rot in hell. That bitch has way too many tricks at her disposal.
I have better luck just putting down the controller and letting whoever plays her win.

That said, I'm getting marginally better at Tsubaki. Well, in that her mini air combo seems pretty dang safe. (C 236C 214C)

Fugu

Litchi can rot in hell. That bitch has way too many tricks at her disposal.
I have better luck just putting down the controller and letting whoever plays her win.

That said, I'm getting marginally better at Tsubaki. Well, in that her mini air combo seems pretty dang safe. (C 236C 214C)
Anything in specific you're having trouble with?

General stuff:
- Litchi does bad damage midscreen. If you can beat the oki, you can beat her.
- If you're knocked down in the corner and Litchi has 50% heat, you MUST quick tech. Do not attempt to roll out of the corner. You will pay for it.
- If you're knocked down midscreen next to the staff, watch what Litchi does:
> 4kote staff launch? Quick tech, get ready to block or DP if you think it's safe.
> Activated staff but no toss? Quick tech, watch out for j.C or crossup j.B (Litchi has to start close to you for this to work); you are going to have to block the staff as soon as you wake up unless
> Staff not moving, Litchi not moving? Do whatever you want, just don't roll into her.
> Litchi jumping on the staff? Quick tech, dash forward (This will block crossup Chuun and cause other options to whiff). Be prepared to block the staff and/or Litchi running at you.
> Kokushi? Roll away from it (don't try to roll through it), super jump, be prepared to tech a grab.
> Shinshin? Depends on staff set. Against 2D staff set, roll towards Litchi (dangerous) or roll away from her and try and jump (difficult); if you don't want to tempt fate, you can always quick tech and block this but you're in for a lot of pressure if the Litchi knows what they're doing. Against 5D staff set, roll backwards and do anything but jump. Identifying which way the staff is set takes some play experience as Litchi, but a 2D set shinshin will go across the bottom horizontally for five hits whereas a 5D set will fly diagonally in the air for nine.
- Bursting in the corner is strong against Litchi if you do it right, but most people don't. You should burst any corner combo with a 6D in it, because if there is a 6D you will take at least 3K, Litchi will get at least 40 heat, and you'll have to deal with meter oki. You want to burst Litchi while she has the staff; it is a common misconception that you want to burst it while it's down, but if you burst it and the staff is down in the corner, Litchi will just hit you with the staff on wakeup.
- Block Tsubame Gaeshi, don't barrier it (unless you're in the air). If you barrier it, you will have a very hard time punishing it.
- Itsuu has a few weird properties that you should familiarize yourself with. For starters, Itsuu's guard point only affects mids and highs, so if you think you can hit Litchi low, do it. Many, many moves will hit Itsuu out of its startup if you use them after the first guard point, but if it blocks two consecutive moves you can basically guarantee that you're going to get hit. All Itsuu moves are safe on block. At most ranges, IBing the first hit of Itsuu B will allow you to jump out and avoid the second hit. Itsuu is cancellable but the cancel puts Litchi into a CH state, so this is a good time to hit her. Litchi can launch the staff (5D set) in the last few frames of the guard stance. This is mostly only relevant full screen, but you should be prepared for it.
- Don't charge at 3/4 screen against Litchi with 50% heat. Pain will ensue. Ryuuisou is very quick; you can't react to it.
- Litchi has no universal AA options, so jump-ins on her are relatively safe. If people are using DP to punish air approach, stagger your approach to bait it as Litchi has poor defence without the staff. Similar strategies can be used against 2C[m], which is slow and has a weird hitbox.
- Inversely, Litchi can punish attempts to AA her with j.D, which will cause you to get hit by the staff and staggered. Be aware of this option because getting hit by it sucks.
- As a whole, staff normals are slow and situational. Staffless normals are quick but are useless for spacing.

cj_iwakura

Anything in specific you're having trouble with?

General stuff:
- Litchi does bad damage midscreen. If you can beat the oki, you can beat her.
- If you're knocked down in the corner and Litchi has 50% heat, you MUST quick tech. Do not attempt to roll out of the corner. You will pay for it.
- If you're knocked down midscreen next to the staff, watch what Litchi does:
> 4kote staff launch? Quick tech, get ready to block or DP if you think it's safe.
> Activated staff but no toss? Quick tech, watch out for j.C or crossup j.B (Litchi has to start close to you for this to work); you are going to have to block the staff as soon as you wake up unless
> Staff not moving, Litchi not moving? Do whatever you want, just don't roll into her.
> Litchi jumping on the staff? Quick tech, dash forward (This will block crossup Chuun and cause other options to whiff). Be prepared to block the staff and/or Litchi running at you.
> Kokushi? Roll away from it (don't try to roll through it), super jump, be prepared to tech a grab.
> Shinshin? Depends on staff set. Against 2D staff set, roll towards Litchi (dangerous) or roll away from her and try and jump (difficult); if you don't want to tempt fate, you can always quick tech and block this but you're in for a lot of pressure if the Litchi knows what they're doing. Against 5D staff set, roll backwards and do anything but jump. Identifying which way the staff is set takes some play experience as Litchi, but a 2D set shinshin will go across the bottom horizontally for five hits whereas a 5D set will fly diagonally in the air for nine.
- Bursting in the corner is strong against Litchi if you do it right, but most people don't. You should burst any corner combo with a 6D in it, because if there is a 6D you will take at least 3K, Litchi will get at least 40 heat, and you'll have to deal with meter oki. You want to burst Litchi while she has the staff; it is a common misconception that you want to burst it while it's down, but if you burst it and the staff is down in the corner, Litchi will just hit you with the staff on wakeup.
- Block Tsubame Gaeshi, don't barrier it (unless you're in the air). If you barrier it, you will have a very hard time punishing it.
- Itsuu has a few weird properties that you should familiarize yourself with. For starters, Itsuu's guard point only affects mids and highs, so if you think you can hit Litchi low, do it. Many, many moves will hit Itsuu out of its startup if you use them after the first guard point, but if it blocks two consecutive moves you can basically guarantee that you're going to get hit. All Itsuu moves are safe on block. At most ranges, IBing the first hit of Itsuu B will allow you to jump out and avoid the second hit. Itsuu is cancellable but the cancel puts Litchi into a CH state, so this is a good time to hit her. Litchi can launch the staff (5D set) in the last few frames of the guard stance. This is mostly only relevant full screen, but you should be prepared for it.
- Don't charge at 3/4 screen against Litchi with 50% heat. Pain will ensue. Ryuuisou is very quick; you can't react to it.
- Litchi has no universal AA options, so jump-ins on her are relatively safe. If people are using DP to punish air approach, stagger your approach to bait it as Litchi has poor defence without the staff. Similar strategies can be used against 2C[m], which is slow and has a weird hitbox.
- Inversely, Litchi can punish attempts to AA her with j.D, which will cause you to get hit by the staff and staggered. Be aware of this option because getting hit by it sucks.
- As a whole, staff normals are slow and situational. Staffless normals are quick but are useless for spacing.

Same stuff I have when fighting you. Once she gets going, I have no way out.

Seems like she has an answer for everything. No matter what I do, she has an easy punish for it.

Also, Tsubame Gaishi seems DAMN effective on wakeup. As opposed to Tsubaki's garbage DP.

And my BB dialect is kind of weak, a few terms I don't get: oki, 4kote, quick tech.

Seems like she has an answer for everything. No matter what I do, she has an easy punish for it.

Also, Tsubame Gaishi seems DAMN effective on wakeup. As opposed to Tsubaki's garbage DP.

You have a DP? Stop complaining.

Also, let's play.

Fugu

And my BB dialect is kind of weak, a few terms I don't get: oki, 4kote, quick tech.
Oki: Shit people do after they knock you down.

4kote: A staffless move that Litchi has that causes the staff to bounce backwards. This subsequently changes the direction that the staff will be launched when she throws it.

Quick tech: Input 2 while teching. You will be invincible and get up faster, but you won't roll anywhere.

If you're getting beat by Tsubame on wakeup, stop doing things against staff Litchi on wakeup. You need to bait it or you will lose to it every time; it is literally invincible.

Litchi has weak AA, weak damage, slow normals with the staff and few options without (unless you're blocking); pick one of these weaknesses and exploit it.

Also, let's play.
Your DP is about a hundred times better than Tsubaki's.

I was salty as hell for the first couple of weeks, but I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things. Matchups are slowly starting to make sense and my losing streaks are coming up less often. I forgot how fun/smooth this game is and I love that the online community is nice and active. It helps that even purple connections are good quality Mahvel matches too. Anything green or above may as well be next door.

Fuck Tager though. I have issues breaking 3.8k in real matches and that fucker's health is like over 9000. It is frustrating as hell to get magnetized by him lol.
I have the Vita version and it is fantastic, Great playing and It seems to have everything that the console versions have.

It's the most i've played of Blazblue but I am really enjoying the Verson on the Vita so far.
I'm just trying to get up to level 20 so that I can purchase all the stuff in the gallery. Just three more levels...

Also, let's play.
I wish Bang had a good DP or anti air. Also, good games a couple of days back. Platinum is good, but her bubbles don't compare to Rikuo's madness.

cj_iwakura

Sorry I missed that Milk, was in the midst of some crazy matches.

My god is Tsubaki's corner combo the best thing ever.

(2C C jC jC 236C 214C charge D like a BOSS.)

shtkn

bang has an amazing reversal super in FRKZ, a crappy one in umbrella super, and a crappy meterless reversal in 6D.

as far as anti airs go, yeah he doesn't have anything like a decent 6A, but this is when spacing comes into play and you learn how to use 5A and 5B i guess? or maybe you can risk a 2D?

Fugu

bang has an amazing reversal super in FRKZ, a crappy one in umbrella super, and a crappy meterless reversal in 6D.

as far as anti airs go, yeah he doesn't have anything like a decent 6A, but this is when spacing comes into play and you learn how to use 5A and 5B i guess? or maybe you can risk a 2D?
You named the two reversal supers that aren't his actual (good) reversal super.

shtkn

frkz is great as reversal super, umbrella is gimmicky. ashura i guess is okay, but i wouldn't use daifunka for reversals given i have the other options

frkz is great as reversal super, umbrella is gimmicky. ashura i guess is okay, but i wouldn't use daifunka for reversals given i have the other options

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

frkz is an evade super. Ashura is one of the fastest DDs in the game. Daifunka is full invul super.

Umbrella isn't a reversal.

shtkn

you've never seen bangs get four seals, get knocked down, then activate frkz on wakeup? it's basically a free wakeup super in the same way things like makoto 3s uses her rage super.

saw it a decent amount against the bangs ive fought

Fugu

FKRZ has no invincibility frames and is therefore not a reversal super; the only reason people use it on wakeup is because it doesn't have any active frames, but you can still force people to block on wakeup because they can't move. Daifunka is not a reversal anything, ever. Umbrella has invul but fires a projectile at a weird trajectory; it's technically a reversal I guess but it's not really used as one.

Bang's actual real life use-this-as-a-reversal super is Ashura, which you didn't mention in your original post. It's invulnerable from frame 1 and has one frame of startup.

shtkn

ashura startup is 1+8, meaning 1 frame before superflash, then 8 frames after superflash for a total of 9 frame startup.

the idea behind using frkz is that you can see if hte opponent is attacking, and if they are, then immediately go right into things like other invul supers, or 6D since it has guardpoint on frame 1.

ashura startup is 1+8, meaning 1 frame before superflash, then 8 frames after superflash for a total of 9 frame startup.

the idea behind using frkz is that you can see if hte opponent is attacking, and if they are, then immediately go right into things like other invul supers, or 6D since it has guardpoint on frame 1.

That's it. It's not a reversal, it's a reading tool. You see them attacking? Counter. It's a safe reading tool at the price of 50% heat, 4 seals and not being able to block for the rest of the match (except green barrier)... Although it gives you increased mobility.

shtkn

shrug, i guess we're just arguing semantics on that point. doesn't really matter to me what you call it as long as ppl understand you can use it on wakeup.

Fugu

shrug, i guess we're just arguing semantics on that point. doesn't really matter to me what you call it as long as ppl understand you can use it on wakeup.
You can use it on wakeup because it literally has zero active frames, but you can't exactly use it to punish anything.

Also, Ashura is faster now.

Top Bottom