• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

RoeBear

Extend catches you up on all of the story so far. So unless you want trophies there's no reason to go back to the old games.

RoeBear

I don't think it really matters since most stories intersect, but most need to be unlocked in Extend.

So is anyone wanting an invite if so just put your psn down and I'll send an invite.

Onemic

ggs roe

I really feel like I need to spend a good week or so in the lab learning the game before I play anyone in mp. I'm really just pressing buttons and don't know what I'm doing.

Onemic

BBCP preorders are up. I actually think I might get the JPN version. Now the choice is whther to preorder the regular edition or the limited edition...

RoeBear

Anyone up for some matches???

sorry psn is Roe-Bear if someone else could make the room I'd like that because not sure on my connection.

Noi

Nu is gonna make or break me when BBCP comes out. I've always been iffy with stance-change characters, and I'd hate to have to swap the character I like most entirely due to being unable to cope with it. :/

RoeBear

Nu is gonna make or break me when BBCP comes out. I've always been iffy with stance-change characters, and I'd hate to have to swap the character I like most entirely due to being unable to cope with it. :/

BBCP in general is going to break me especially since Tager is good now, not to mention the speed just seems faster. Nu even with the mode change looks awesome and it kind of makes me want to go back to my long lost main :(

cj_iwakura

BBCP in general is going to break me especially since Tager is good now, not to mention the speed just seems faster. Nu even with the mode change looks awesome and it kind of makes me want to go back to my long lost main :(

Imagine how I feel, not only was Tsubaki totally changed, now there's two of her.

Fugu

I've totally forgotten how to play this game
I'm always worried this is going to happen to me but I played a few days ago for the first time in months and I was fine. Playing one character all the time really helps, I think.

Anyway, does anyone want to play this in the next few hours?

MechaX

Watching the NorCal regionals really reignited a spirit in me for fighting games all of a sudden. Shame about GG's net code and I can't really get behind anyone in P4... but CP looks pretty cool and I need to get through Extend's story mode at some point.

Between Mu and Hazama, I just need to pick one character to try to (re) learn. I have to wonder how much these characters are going to change over in CP.

Watching the NorCal regionals really reignited a spirit in me for fighting games all of a sudden. Shame about GG's net code and I can't really get behind anyone in P4... but CP looks pretty cool and I need to get through Extend's story mode at some point.

Between Mu and Hazama, I just need to pick one character to try to (re) learn. I have to wonder how much these characters are going to change over in CP.

I hear Hazama's j.C got godlike again. Mu is ALL about set ups now.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15424-CP-µ12-Video-Compendium
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15960-CP-Hazama-Video-Thread-Updated-4-3-2013

Videos for both characters. Just ignore a lot of the comments that some people make there.

MechaX

I hear Hazama's j.C got godlike again. Mu is ALL about set ups now.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15424-CP-µ12-Video-Compendium
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15960-CP-Hazama-Video-Thread-Updated-4-3-2013

Videos for both characters. Just ignore a lot of the comments that some people make there.

Whoa, thanks for the vids. I like some of the Mu videos (even the ones where the Mu is getting blown up). But I'll have to wait to watch some of the others when I get home. Man, I want to hit the Lab so hard when school is officially over at the end of the week.

thundr51

So is anyone here thinking of dropping their main from what they've seen in BBCP videos?

New Tsubaki looks a bit soulless so I'm going to move on to Izayoi. Kinda concerned as I haven't seen any really good vids and I'm wondering if she's going to be just as underpowered as Tsubaki was in CS.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I played Tira in SC5 before they nerfed her. It's not that bad when you sit down with both movesets as if you were learning a sub with your main. At least Nu has only one action that changes stances, and you can already poke around with CT Nu and CS Unlimited Nu to get a head start on the two modes.

Not having wakeup Calamity Sword in Dia is going to suck, though. :D

Noi

Not having wakeup Calamity Sword in Dia is going to suck, though. :D

Ouch.

Oh, it's not having to learn the differences between stances that bothers me, it's actually swapping between them. I tried to play Ammy in Marvel 3, but simply could not get the hang of swapping between her 3 instruments in the middle of a combo because I'm not used to it. It's mostly not being used to having to do actions in the middle of the combo that don't immediately "affect" my character or the opponent, which is the same reason why I can't play either of the two puppeteers.

...Though at least they changed Sword of Destruction from 222D to 214214D. I haaated that input.

RoeBear

...Though at least they changed Sword of Destruction from 222D to 214214D. I haaated that input.

But that input makes it look like your teabaging before you astral.

Also my BBCP goal is to learn Carl better than I did in Extend. When they changed his j.C to a knockdown it's taken a lot more for me to get used to him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Half-serious self-burn. Apparently being on defense isn't quite as bad when you do more than normal block.

Oh, it's not having to learn the differences between stances that bothers me, it's actually swapping between them. I tried to play Ammy in Marvel 3, but simply could not get the hang of swapping between her 3 instruments in the middle of a combo because I'm not used to it. It's mostly not being used to having to do actions in the middle of the combo that don't immediately "affect" my character or the opponent, which is the same reason why I can't play either of the two puppeteers.
Ah, yeah. With Tira stance changes were side effects to actions so I just had to react to them mid-combo. I guess a good way to think about it is an added followup to your last move like hitting C after sickle or ground spike.

In return for hitting 22A a lot.

But that input makes it look like your teabaging before you astral.
You're doing it wrong if you're crouching when you hit 222. ;)

So is anyone here thinking of dropping their main from what they've seen in BBCP videos?

No, Ragna seems as good as ever.

Ragna is pretty much my consistent character (highest PSR 200 something), and I tend to hop between all the others.

I'm thinking of focusing on Noel though. Last time I played the game I was learning combo's for her and she looks pretty good in CP especially with her re-design.

Fugu

Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTE- 通信速度制限のため選択できません。

EDIT: Does anyone want to play tonight?

Onemic

I'll be on if you want a punching bag.

I'll be on if you want a punching bag.

Same, may not be until 9EST or so though.
Synchronize your watches, fellas.

Edit: Oh God my new PS3 is still doing it's downloads. I completely forgot.

Top Bottom