• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Didn't realize CS2 was coming out so soon.

Also didn't realize it's only 20$ for the semi-functional PS3 version. And Nu is back to top tier?

The champ may return.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teknopathetic said:
Didn't realize CS2 was coming out so soon.

Also didn't realize it's only 20$ for the semi-functional PS3 version. And Nu is back to top tier?

The champ may return.

They are saying she is worse in this version, not to sure myself yet haven't analyzed her at all. You missed your chance to play her in a super good state because you thought she sucked *she didnt* Honestly CS1 lambda was pretty fucktarded if you had the hand dexterity for it.

Personally I say don't give a fuck what others say for the most part, me and proto called out tao being top tier in CS1 when it first came out. Everyone rated her low. BAM tao wins SBO lololol and suddenly people FINALLY realized how dumb she was

"They are saying she is worse in this version, not to sure myself yet haven't analyzed her at all. You missed your chance to play her in a super good state because you thought she sucked *she didnt* Honestly CS1 lambda was pretty fucktarded if you had the hand dexterity for it."

;_;

I'll go with Hazama, then.

"He's fun to play, but you gotta remember cause cause someone is a bit on the low end doesn't mean they are bad in this."

Yeah, I know. I'm partially kidding. Except for the tierwhoring part, I am going to tier whore the shit out of this game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teknopathetic said:
Yeah, I know. I'm partially kidding. Except for the tierwhoring part, I am going to tier whore the shit out of this game.
LOL as long as you enjoy it, tier whoring is no big deal. I mean it's not like I KICKED YOUR ASS IN CT WITH BANG :D

*bang was so not low tier in ct*

QisTopTier said:
Personally I say don't give a fuck what others say for the most part, me and proto called out tao being top tier in CS1 when it first came out. Everyone rated her low. BAM tao wins SBO lololol and suddenly people FINALLY realized how dumb she was

Tao will never be low tier unless they CS1 Rachel her.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teknopathetic said:
That's different though, because Nu wasn't that good in CT. Unjustified nerfs.
That's what happens when a million people use a single character. Honestly though Lambda was better than Nu once you learned her.

QisTopTier said:
Not gonna lie, watching these people play is pretty painful LOL

See, yeah that's a good example. If you saw Crosell I'd say he's probably at least half a tier better than how I currently play the game. I would have gone in a lot more often and probably would have gotten blown up by bugs a lot earlier than he did. Plus I'm really bad at sniffing out air approaches.

I kinda miss old wallbounce and chaining comet cannons, but mak damage in the corner is still so easy to get it's almost sickening. 2C 214B~D 2C 2D jD 5D 214A~C~D xx PF takes next to no effort, is far from optimal, and is already 4.6k before the super even lands.

On a related note, is 214B~D(lv3) still +frames or at least safe on block? It doesn't seem like you can hitconfirm it from 2C at all, which means I know I'm going to be flubbing it here and there.

Edit: just saw this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGPacgqT7k holy shit.

vDaedalus

Gotta say, I'm finding Ragna much more fun and interesting to play in this iteration. It could just be that "semi-new car scent" though...

Fugu

Well there's like six people playing CS2 right now but having played against basically all of them I'm really liking how Litchi feels. Mixup is... different, but I'll manage.

ApolloJoh

Fugu said:
Well there's like six people playing CS2 right now but having played against basically all of them I'm really liking how Litchi feels. Mixup is... different, but I'll manage.

Just two or so more days man.

_dementia said:
Those of you with the CS2 update, have you guys run into the ads that Arc was talking about?

I hate you so much _dementia. Every time I see BBCS thread updated, I cross my fingers for CS2 in the states.

I HATE YOU!

Prototype-03 said:
I hate you so much _dementia. Every time I see BBCS thread updated, I cross my fingers for CS2 in the states.

I HATE YOU!
I'm not expecting anything until tomorrow at the earliest (one week after Japan).

ApolloJoh said:
So you're gonna play Plat and Rachel only? No more Valk or Tsubaki?

And yeah, I think it's gonna be up tomorrow.

Naw, most likely going to be maining Rachel. Then you have Q, who's most likely going to main Plat. LOLI TEAM!

Then going to put some time into Tsubaki as well.

I might dab into Valkenhayn. He's the new Ragna, it looks like (very straightforward and pretty predictable... just can't stop what he's doing).

xero273 said:
Proto is leaving Team Tsubaki

tsubakiamcry.jpg

Definitely not leaving Tsubaki... She looks so interesting. It's just that Rachel looks more interesting this time around.

Fugu

I played against a good Tsubaki for awhile yesterday (Broccoman, mained Makoto in CS1, great blocker). She's going to be one to watch out for. Her pressure is good and her average damage is great but what's really interesting about her is that she forces you to pay attention to whole new degrees. She forces you to make dangerous decisions very fast due to the speed of her charge and her ability to make up distance. Her DP still seems sort of worthless but other than that she's pretty scary.

_dementia said:
Those of you with the CS2 update, have you guys run into the ads that Arc was talking about?
Right now the banner ad is a tiny rectangle that says "Arc System Works". It is intrusive only because the bright red stands out quite clearly on the mostly blue menu scheme of BlazBlue.

ApolloJoh

Oh, I have a question too.

Is PSR displayed mid-match like in the arcade (with name at bottom-left and PSR to the right of it)?

Probably should just wait but yeah, just wondering.

Fugu said:
I played against a good Tsubaki for awhile yesterday (Broccoman, mained Makoto in CS1, great blocker). She's going to be one to watch out for. Her pressure is good and her average damage is great but what's really interesting about her is that she forces you to pay attention to whole new degrees. She forces you to make dangerous decisions very fast due to the speed of her charge and her ability to make up distance. Her DP still seems sort of worthless but other than that she's pretty scary.

Yeah, from the videos that I've seen, she looks very solid. Her DP is only good when used with charges because you can cancel them out with either the ball or the air slash thing, but it's actually not too bad since she can actually get charges in this version.

She looks completely reworked now too, with a lot more iad, a lot less 22D's (for the exception in the corner) and a lot of charge uses (which makes me happy).

It's just that Rachel looks extremely fun this time around. She can actually cancel her moves, has a usable pumpkin again (more hitstun, more coverage), she gets wind charges faster, and the most important part, she does damage. She retains part of her zone lockdown in the corner (not as stupid as in CS1), and gained back the rushdown from CT (still, not as stupid as CT).

Fugu

EDIT: So here's the deal. You pick a character before you queue for a ranked match, then you pick what you want to do (quick, custom, etc.) When you get matched with someone, you now have the option to back out CT style. After you accept the match, all of the characters are locked out (as if you didn't buy them) except the one you picked, meaning you can no longer counterpick characters based on their player card. PSR does NOT display during matches.

Prototype-03 said:
Yeah, from the videos that I've seen, she looks very solid. Her DP is only good when used with charges because you can cancel them out with either the ball or the air slash thing, but it's actually not too bad since she can actually get charges in this version.

She looks completely reworked now too, with a lot more iad, a lot less 22D's (for the exception in the corner) and a lot of charge uses (which makes me happy).

It's just that Rachel looks extremely fun this time around. She can actually cancel her moves, has a usable pumpkin again (more hitstun, more coverage), she gets wind charges faster, and the most important part, she does damage. She retains part of her zone lockdown in the corner (not as stupid as in CS1), and gained back the rushdown from CT (still, not as stupid as CT).
Her damage still isn't great off of most hits, but her capacity to zone has improved drastically. Pumpkin still doesn't seem all that great though and George is a shadow of his former self. As for the corner, her overhead seems kind of crappy but her oki is very strong.

Fugu said:
Her damage still isn't great off of most hits, but her capacity to zone has improved drastically. Pumpkin still doesn't seem all that great though and George is a shadow of his former self. As for the corner, her overhead seems kind of crappy but her oki is very strong.

Yeah, her midscreen combos aren't that good (around 2-3k, I think) but her corner combos are about 4-5k or so and ending with the pumpkin/frog, so it's not too bad.

Fugu

Playing online is great right now because all of the CS1 players are struggling to convert their sensibilities. There's dropped combos everywhere. I think I've gotten my 4.4k corner combo off in full twice in an actual match.

Fugu said:
Cat chair combos =/

Yeah... Unfortunately, that's still her best "counter" to pressure and it's viable in a match, so I can't complain too much. Using two meters though makes it a situational combo. I think he's used a 1 meter combo which was okay but not great. Also last combo was off of a 6A so that can be used too. It's just nice to know that Rachel has options midscreen.

Since they're announcing PSN downtime compensation, I hope this means the Store is coming back up soon, say, tomorrow.

The patch + Plat on the same day would be nice.

Hi guys, I just bought this game for PS3 and was going to start learning it. Is there any really good website that has character by character strategies or forums like there is shoryuken.com for SSFIV?

Fugu

Dustloop.com.

BlazBlue's community is a little harsh and you'll find that some players have outright abandoned the game, but there are still quite a few very informative players.

Top Bottom