• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Master Milk said:
I've got to be overlooking something.

How do you set up a com vs com fight in this game?

Like Apollo said, I don't think you can... I have to ask though... why would you want to do this? Also, I'd rather be spectating other players online than do this as well.

Not trying to bash or anything so I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

Prototype-03 said:
Like Apollo said, I don't think you can... I have to ask though... why would you want to do this? Also, I'd rather be spectating other players online than do this as well.

Not trying to bash or anything so I hope you don't take it the wrong way.
If it's anything like SSFIV (pre AE), the online spectating mode would give you worse players than CPUs.

Fugu

The computers in BB are a special kind of worthless for teaching you how to play. They intentionally don't do what actual players would do.

I like having fighting games on as background noise sometimes. I used to let GG run all the time. Go into training mode, set both sides to com with infinite health and boom, perfect bg noise.

I can't even imagine why they wouldn't include such a feature. This game, I just don't even

robotzombie said:
Is it worth it to install the game?
If you play a lot locally, yes. Online you obviously have to wait for the opponent to load if he or she didn't install (and since the option is hidden a couple menus deep, many don't).

danmaku

Fugu said:
Right now the banner ad is a tiny rectangle that says "Arc System Works". It is intrusive only because the bright red stands out quite clearly on the mostly blue menu scheme of BlazBlue.

I have the JPN version and I can't see this banner anywhere. o_0

xero273

zerokoolpsx said:
Updating to v1.04. Nevermind, ranked is v1.03.
It's in the main menu and network option now. I have the US version.

confused so US didn't get CS2 yet? reading dustloop and they said it is 1.03. Not sure if US and JPN version is different but JPN CS2 patch is 1.04.

ApolloJoh said:
Prompted for 1.04 on US version. 432MB

FACT: Woke up and checked internet (was down for me yesterday), saw BBCS thread, saw patch live, turned on PS3 to update so I don't have to do it when I come back home.

ApolloJoh

Dunno if it's just me but from the little I tried out this morning, it seems IADing feels more responsive with CS2 than 1.

Especially with Hakumen and his j.2A -> IAD -> j.2A. Feels just like CTs or maybe it's just with Hakumen.

ApolloJoh said:
Dunno if it's just me but from the little I tried out this morning, it seems IADing feels more responsive with CS2 than 1.

Especially with Hakumen and his j.2A -> IAD -> j.2A. Feels just like CTs or maybe it's just with Hakumen.

I wish I could test out stuff right now D:

Although the 30 secs I had with Rachel made me happy. Old, butched up, halfway dropped combo=2.5k.

That was a full combo in CS1!!!

Also, 5B, 2B, 5B is kinda stupid. And 6B is no longer useless.

Fugu

You know, Litchi has a 2B -> 5B gatling now too. Seems like the new trend. Only staffless though.

Tager seems to be making a serious comeback in popularity. This is all the more unusual considering he was pretty popular to begin with.

Fugu

Prototype-03 said:
Those stuns trait went to Tsubaki. You'll feel the wrath of super long combos soon. It's annoying.
5B 5B 5B blockstring madness.

EDIT: If anyone would like to play, shoot me a message. I'm on right now. PSN is Fygu if you don't have me.

I had forgotten what good netcode was like. THANK YOU ARC!

Also, had some ugly matches yesterday with Q and Kiunch. All of us were trying to get the feel of the game and were mashing some buttons. Either way, very happy with the Rachel changes, although 2B looks like it got nerfed pretty hard (way smaller hitbox).

ApolloJoh

For me, getting used to the changes is tough because of the small system changes, like most ground normals being air unblockable and that air dashes are faster/longer.

Needa break the habit to jump out of pressure/IADing when going in all the time. (Thanks Marvel)

Also the fact that I need to learn the new combos and their timing.

And stop changing Hakumen's inputs, Arcsys! I liked it more when Renka was 214.

Fugu said:
"Ugly matches" is the name of the game. I'm playing like a goddamn dumbass.

It'll take everybody some time to get used to the changes so we'll all be playing like dumbasses for a while, lol.

Fugu

ApolloJoh said:
For me, getting used to the changes is tough because of the small system changes, like most ground normals being air unblockable and that air dashes are faster/longer.

Needa break the habit to jump out of pressure/IADing when going in all the time. (Thanks Marvel)

Also the fact that I need to learn the new combos and their timing.

And stop changing Hakumen's inputs, Arcsys! I liked it more when Renka was 214.

It'll take everybody some time to get used to the changes so we'll all be playing like dumbasses for a while, lol.
My initial problem was that all of the new openers and gatlings felt very unnatural. It took me a long time to get used to the fact that j.B will no longer allow me to do 5C j.B combos and I am still not used to 5B[m] 2C[m] being not optimal outside of the corner; it took so much effort to ingrain it in my brain the first time after spending so much time doing 5B[m] 5C[m] in CT and now it's going to take so much time to ingrain 5B[m] 5C[m].

Now my problem is that I've learned all of these fancy new things exclusive to CS2 like j.2D crossups but every time I try to use them I end up standing there like a dumbass because I'm trying to force myself to do it.

Also, 2C[m] now no longer being cancellable into 4D has led to some great (mostly accidental) mind games.

_dementia said:
She's been available for like a week.

On Xbox *trollface*

th_trollzama.jpg

danmaku

I played a bit tonight and wow... the new Rachel is soooo good. I still lost most of the times, but now I feel like I actually pose a threat! All matches were very close, against opponents that were much stronger than me. Now I just have to work on my terrible execution...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
_dementia said:
I'm thinking about making her my alt
She's fun but don't expect her to play anything like cs1 mu really, she's pretty zoning based now and lost a lot of her oki stuff. Her trade off is guaranteed set ups though so LOL way better

QisTopTier said:
She's fun but don't expect her to play anything like cs1 mu really, she's pretty zoning based now and lost a lot of her oki stuff. Her trade off is guaranteed set ups though so LOL way better

Rachel gets guaranteed setups almost every combo.

When done correctly.

Hint:
Not me

Top Bottom