• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
DY_nasty said:
Don't get predictable. She's got plenty of shenanigans, be sure to make use of all of them. A lot of Tao players I've seen make themselves extremely one dimensional - that doesn't mean fly all over the screen like an idiot.

Heh. That's like the exact opposite of how I've been playing her. I've been using her mostly as a rushdown character. I'll work on being more varied though, thanks.

Fugu

Holy shit. The onslaught of American players just seems unfair. I don't think I've lost since it's come out in the West.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Man... can't get more than 3800 points of damage with Makoto in the corner without the use of Supers. Supers only add it up to 4300 max. Man, is hard to get good damage out of her even if you get all the Drive Attacks in Level 3. =/

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
-DarKaoZ- said:
Man... can't get more than 3800 points of damage with Makoto in the corner without the use of Supers. Supers only add it up to 4300 max. Man, is hard to get good damage out of her even if you get all the Drive Attacks in Level 3. =/
She's not worse than Tsubaki though is she?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
DY_nasty said:
She's not worse than Tsubaki though is she?

Like I said, that is the max Combo I have done with her on the corner and it requires timing.

B, 2B, C, C, D lv3, Dash 2C, 2D lv3, 7D lv3, D lv3 and from here you can do several times, but the character recovers after 2 more hits of what ever you do. The best thing to do is Another D lv3 and then qcb-f+D Super.

But you definitely have problem doing damage outside of the corner IMO. Yet her Supers are really easy to link after grabs and well... that is around 3000 points of damage if you nail the Lv3 on them.

I would put her a little bit above Tsubaki, but it's too early to say really.

I will try to play with you guys tomorrow, I just recently arrived to my house and well I was just putting my stuff back and with Makoto arriving, well I just spend most of my time in training mode test driving her. :lol

Fugu

-DarKaoZ- said:
Like I said, that is the max Combo I have done with her on the corner and it requires timing.

B, 2B, C, C, D lv3, Dash 2C, 2D lv3, 7D lv3, D lv3 and from here you can do several times, but the character recovers after 2 more hits of what ever you do. The best thing to do is Another D lv3 and then qcb-f+D Super.

But you definitely have problem doing damage outside of the corner IMO. Yet her Supers are really easy to link after grabs and well... that is around 3000 points of damage if you nail the Lv3 on them.

I would put her a little bit above Tsubaki, but it's too early to say really.

I will try to play with you guys tomorrow, I just recently arrived to my house and well I was just putting my stuff back and with Makoto arriving, well I just spend most of my time in training mode test driving her. :lol
What?

The parry loop would like a word with you.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Fugu said:
What?

The parry loop would like a word with you.

Like I said, it's too early to say. I haven't seen this Parry loop just yet, this is all stuff I learn from Challenge and Training mode, haven't search or look for any media in combos atm. :lol

I've only played a few Arakune, but I do have a question...that is not tinged with any bias or malice.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like Arakune's insects are even worse than before. Aside from the curse meter solution, did they add anything else to his repertoire? What are his pros and cons in this game?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I've only played a few Arakune, but I do have a question...that is not tinged with any bias or malice.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels like Arakune's insects are even worse than before. Aside from the curse meter solution, did they add anything else to his repertoire? What are his pros and cons in this game?

For what I know, his Bugs are bigger so slightly Bigger Hit Box, also they added that Bug that comes from the ground and grabs you, which leads to a lot of combo possiblities. They also took out his j2A/B/C cancel when blocked. Before you could Jump and cancel the blocked 2A/B/C with another version of it. Now it's not that safe. Hmmm... I'm not expert, haven't played a lot with Arakune yet, but that is what I have notice.

Dresden

I didn't realize that all the fanart in the gallery had commentary from their artists. Spent an hour just reading through those in between 'teach me ms. litchi' clips.

Ferrio

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
Like I said, it's too early to say. I haven't seen this Parry loop just yet, this is all stuff I learn from Challenge and Training mode, haven't search or look for any media in combos atm. :lol

Video on previous page. You jump cancel her 2nd hit of the 5C, then cancel the jump with her parry then go into 5B, 5C-C repeat. I think it's retarded since it undermines the character... but it does rack up damage.

Also check dustloop forums, people finding quite a few combos with her. She does beast the best in corner though.

I like the character, but my basics suffer greatly. Hopefully that'll be overcome through lots of play.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Ferrio said:
Video on previous page. You jump cancel her 2nd hit of the 5C, then cancel the jump with her parry then go into 5B, 5C-C repeat. I think it's retarded since it undermines the character... but it does rack up damage.

Also check dustloop forums, people finding quite a few combos with her. She does beast the best in corner though.

I like the character, but my basics suffer greatly. Hopefully that'll be overcome through lots of play.

I know about Dust Loop, I just like to spend some quality time with the character alone first, then after knowing the character more I go and read combos from people. That way I know wtf they are talking about. :lol

But I wonder if that Parry Loop does that much damage as you said. I saw a video just a moments ago but I couldn't see the health bar. Will have to try it myself tomorrow, going to sleep in a bit. Yet I assume the scaling will go nuts ones you repeat the same moves a lot, but I might be wrong, but I remember the tutorial saying that repeated moves will scale more the damage.

Dreavus

-DarKaoZ- said:
I know about Dust Loop, I just like to spend some quality time with the character alone first, then after knowing the character more I go and read combos from people. That way I know wtf they are talking about. :lol

But I wonder if that Parry Loop does that much damage as you said. I saw a video just a moments ago but I couldn't see the health bar. Will have to try it myself tomorrow, going to sleep in a bit. Yet I assume the scaling will go nuts ones you repeat the same moves a lot, but I might be wrong, but I remember the tutorial saying that repeated moves will scale more the damage.

We can't see the health bar but we can see the combo counter; the corner combo did about 4.5k. Most characters have just over 10,000 health, so it does do quite a bit of damage. Doesn't appear to use any meter either o_o.

Ferrio

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:

It was 4300 in the corner when he did the loop, not sure if he could of kept going (looks like he messed up at the end). That's really good for a 0 meter combo. It's crazy difficult to do I'm sure, but like I said I hate when something is found that undermines the whole character's moveset.

And yes, if your repeat the same D move (ie two 5Ds) in her combos the damage scaling goes into high gear.

-DarKaoZ- said:
For what I know, his Bugs are bigger so slightly Bigger Hit Box, also they added that Bug that comes from the ground and grabs you, which leads to a lot of combo possiblities. They also took out his j2A/B/C cancel when blocked. Before you could Jump and cancel the blocked 2A/B/C with another version of it. Now it's not that safe. Hmmm... I'm not expert, haven't played a lot with Arakune yet, but that is what I have notice.
I see. He throws this angler fish looking bug that completely stops all of my movements and from then on it seems like I've got nowhere to go.

It seems like it's harder to escape the bugs than it was before.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
-DarKaoZ- said:

j.C > B > C~C > 6B~C > 5D lvl 3 > 2D lvl3 > j.D lvl3 > dash> 2B > C~C > sj.c > j.C> j.B > jc > j.C > j.B > 623C~Dl level 3

There you go 4.7k No meter or no parry loop

do her uppercut super after 2B > C for 5.6k dmg

... I'm going to sleep now

danmaku

akachan ningen said:
So does makoto have challenge mode, arcade, story, etc like all the other characters?

No. She has challenge mode but not story and you can't use her in arcade mode and online ranked games.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
akachan ningen said:
So does makoto have challenge mode, arcade, story, etc like all the other characters?
She has, Tutorial, Challenge and comes with all her alt colors.

You can use her in versus, online, training, and score attack.

who the hell plays arcade mode?

danmaku said:
No. She has challenge mode but not story and you can't use her in arcade mode and online ranked games.

Oh but ps3 users can use her in ranked though :lol

Did they change the options to leave in ranked matches?

I've been trying to back out of matches when they present you with the drive cards and it seems like I'm locked in.
QisTopTier said:
I've fought half a dozen Makoto users online on my 360 already.

Edit:
Fucking 173 hit combo...7K damage because of a stupid fucking bug that comes from the ground?

This shit(Arakune) needs retooling.

BPZtR.png
XywsQ.png
3C54g.png
h7vBz.png
4uSGc.png
V6oAa.png

here comes a new challenger!
the above are still unclaimed

QisTopTier said:
She has, Tutorial, Challenge and comes with all her alt colors.

You can use her in versus, online, training, and score attack.

who the hell plays arcade mode?

In most fighting games, I use arcade mode to practice execution on a variety of moving opponents. And I don't have to use up a percentage of mental strength like I would versus a live opponent.

it helps me with execution a lot. I'm weird in that after a certain point of grinding out a combo in training, I get worse at it, so the flow of arcade helps me to work on consistency and also the situations in which I can do specific combos and punishes.

I want to use that Makoto character but I think $8 is steep. Maybe I'll go half on it with a friend.

Novid

Banned
Creator of BB Mori stated on his twitter:

Ratina Makoto and Patch 1.01 - Up in 6 min (for Japan). we wait too damn long for some ass:lol hope it aint spoiled goods (im paraphrasing folks)

Fugu

SolarPowered said:
Did they change the options to leave in ranked matches?

I've been trying to back out of matches when they present you with the drive cards and it seems like I'm locked in.

I've fought half a dozen Makoto users online on my 360 already.

Edit:
Fucking 173 hit combo...7K damage because of a stupid fucking bug that comes from the ground?

This shit(Arakune) needs retooling.
That's nothing. Arakune can easily do 100% combos on most (all?) of the cast.

Also, Makoto does 5.2k meterless without the parry loop. It's not that game-breaking.

I've played quite a few Makoto users already and I've come to notice something that is either intentional, or a huge flaw that was overlooked.

When I use a double palm thrust or 8D(low burning heart) after a 8B(low kick) it almost always(90%) phases right through her. It absolutely cripples my game against her since I can only double palm/burning heart the squirrel when she is standing.

This also used to happen exclusively with 8D on Noel back in CT. I hope they don't plan to make this shit permanent. :/

Fugu said:
That's nothing. Arakune can easily do 100% combos on most (all?) of the cast.

Also, Makoto does 5.2k meterless without the parry loop. It's not that game-breaking.
It's one thing to be able to do such a thing in training mode or when you and you're buddies are aiming to see the combo without a hitch. That much damage is way too high(especially when you can't burst out of it or block it once it's begun). I've got no problem with Makoto's meterless shenanigans or Tager's ridiculous throw damage, but 7K? There is no way you wouldn't be shitting on it if it were common in SSF4 or KOF.

Come on. :/

fake edit:
Just to make it clear. I don't think the game is broken. I think they need to kill the possibility for such a ridiculously long combo. The game itself is pretty even everywhere else...aside from a few buffs here and there.

Think I might bite the bullet and buy this guy later today. I enjoyed the first and if this really a lot more balanced than the original I figure its worth $40.

Is the execution barrier really worse than some of the tight links that SSF4 requires? I didn't feel that way with CT.

Sir Garbageman said:
Think I might bite the bullet and buy this guy later today. I enjoyed the first and if this really a lot more balanced than the original I figure its worth $40.

Is the execution barrier really worse than some of the tight links that SSF4 requires? I didn't feel that way with CT.
BBCS has some links, but they're seemingly more lenient than the links in SFIV. As you know from your experience with CT, BB employs way more cancel and chain combos than links.

BB certainly has longer combos, but imo they're easier to "get" than SFIV's strict link combos.

So i should get the game today see you guys on PSN.
Have fun kicking my ass.
Just hope he gets the PSN card also so i can join the mak army later on tonight.

EDIT just got the game buy no PSN card Fuck.

Fugu

SolarPowered said:
I've played quite a few Makoto users already and I've come to notice something that is either intentional, or a huge flaw that was overlooked.

When I use a double palm thrust or 8D(low burning heart) after a 8B(low kick) it almost always(90%) phases right through her. It absolutely cripples my game against her since I can only double palm/burning heart the squirrel when she is standing.

This also used to happen exclusively with 8D on Noel back in CT. I hope they don't plan to make this shit permanent. :/
So goes the hitbox.

It's one thing to be able to do such a thing in training mode or when you and you're buddies are aiming to see the combo without a hitch. That much damage is way too high(especially when you can't burst out of it or block it once it's begun). I've got no problem with Makoto's meterless shenanigans or Tager's ridiculous throw damage, but 7K? There is no way you wouldn't be shitting on it if it were common in SSF4 or KOF.

Come on. :/

fake edit:
Just to make it clear. I don't think the game is broken. I think they need to kill the possibility for such a ridiculously long combo. The game itself is pretty even everywhere else...aside from a few buffs here and there.
Arakune must have cursed you for this to be possible. The reason Arakune isn't the best character in the game is explicitly because it's not easy to curse anymore. When you're not cursed, Arakune has no real AA, crappy range, a wide hitbox, and limited defenses.

Holy shit, I ordered this yesterday afternoon with 2 day shipping and it came today! I love Amazon! :D

Gonna go dig in the story mode real quick. Are there any completion guides up yet?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
BBCS has some links, but they're seemingly more lenient than the links in SFIV. As you know from you're experience with CT, BB employs way more cancel and chain combos than links.

BB certainly has longer combos, but imo they're easier to "get" than SFIV's strict link combos.

This is because BB input scheme is to enter in a normal 5 times when you press it, effectively making all links at least 5f links when they'd be 1f in SFIV.

I wish SF implemented this, it's a damn good idea.

And yeah, the only char I have any hope of ever playing in this is Hakumen. I can live with his limitations since I can actually do combos with him.

arstal said:
This is because BB input scheme is to enter in a normal 5 times when you press it, effectively making all links at least 5f links when they'd be 1f in SFIV.

I wish SF implemented this, it's a damn good idea.

And yeah, the only char I have any hope of ever playing in this is Hakumen. I can live with his limitations since I can actually do combos with him.
I didn't know about this. What a fucking brilliant idea, no wonder online feels so solid.

Legion Mode is surprisingly fun, and gives you the chance to play as the Unlimited Versions of some characters.

Unlimited Jin and Tager are hilarious so far.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
I didn't know about this. What a fucking brilliant idea, no wonder online feels so solid.

VF5 has a 10 frame input buffer- which really helps its online also, though there are no links really in 3D fighters.

Sirlin is going to implement this feature in his original fighter if it ever gets made also.

And yeah, it's another brilliant design decision by Arc- I want to love Arc, but they just make games that aren't friendly to me. I'd kill for another Battle Fantasia right now with the Arc touch.

Novid

Banned
QisTopTier said:
It's hazama though, he makes pretty much the entire cast his bitch :lol

I never had a problem with him offline unlimited, the losses were my fault because either i didnt space propertly, jump with no overhead move or didnt barrier block his long kick distorion. Hes a mouse until you get to score attack and even then hes is a paper tiger. But online he might be a hassle (but im gonna be in the scrub rooms until i can gain confidance in my long combo 10 hits aint gonna cut it - get it to 18) because its another person and he might know how to use those snakes better than the cheat-i does.

speaking of the story - Nu is
some sort of jugglo chickie? what? and whats with her being all over raggys DEATH SPIKE :lol

Top Bottom