• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Ferrio

Banned
Guess I gotta start training Mak. Liking Hakumen alot.. though capitalizing on the few hits I get in is being a problem.

Here's the DLC list and pricing so far, as posted from the Aksys site:

Additional Character Colors #1 – 320 MS Points / $4.99 PSN
Additional Character Colors #2 – 320 MS Points / $4.99 PSN
Additional Character Colors #3 – 320 MS Points / $4.99 PSN

Additional System Voice Type-M – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN
Additional System Voice Type-C – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN
Additional System Voice Type-K – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 1 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 2 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 3 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 4 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 5 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 6 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 7 – 160 MS Points

Unlock Unlimited Ragna – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Hazama – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Mu – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Haku-men – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Lambda – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Tsubaki – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Carl – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Bang 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Arakune – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Taokaka – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Rachel – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Litchi – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Tager – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Jin – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Noel – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock All Unlimited Characters – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Unlock Playable Character Mu – 160 MS Points / $1.99 PSN

Makoto Nanaya Playable Character – 560 MS Points / $7.99 PSN

AAARRGGH!!

I'm trying to beat Unlimited Hazama on Hell with Arakune but I just keep getting raped and raped and raped. If I can get him down to a third of his life, I'd be able to just use my Astral and end it, but I've barely been able to get him past half.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just got it. :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HeresSomeWeapons said:
AAARRGGH!!

I'm trying to beat Unlimited Hazama on Hell with Arakune but I just keep getting raped and raped and raped. If I can get him down to a third of his life, I'd be able to just use my Astral and end it, but I've barely been able to get him past half.

Taunt, get 100% heat. Then throw him into a double distortion and go from there.

HeresSomeWeapons said:
AAARRGGH!!

Hit him with a bug.

Makoto is so much fun.

And Unlimited Makoto is gloriously fun. Love her hidden distortions, although I wish they'd include her new moveset. She even has a command taunt!

I... wonder if I should purchase the Unlimited versions of the cast...

_dementia said:
purchase the game first!

That would be a good idea, wouldn't it.

Although now I'm reconsidering buying all the color packs. Makoto's just overwhelms me, and she's only got one extra set.

But still, the Unlimited versions of Tager, Arakune, Hazama, and Makoto looked cool. Does 11's Unlimited form look like 13? Or does 13 replace 11's character portrait and all? I was shocked to see that they made character art for 13 considering she's dead, and they brought back her color palette.

Shadow Red said:

$5 for a freakin' color?

Just got this game and I am so torn. I cant decide if I want to practice combos and do the challenge mode or just play through the story mode. I think for now since I still have to finish the Starcraft 2 campaign I am just going to mix that up with getting some practice in with Ragna in challenge mode. Once I finish SC2 I'll dedicate most of my time to CS because there is no way I'll be anywhere near as competitive on-line in Starcraft.

I'm skipping the colors. I'll bite on the characters even though I'm a little reluctant about it.

But I'm not spending $5 for color swaps! That's worse than the alt costumes for SFIV! At least Capcom made the color swaps free!

d0c_zaius

wow makoto is awesome

I'm a little disappointed that such a cool character design was regulated to DLC status, but it gives me high hopes for the other characters. Even though after I buy them, I will have bought the game twice in price :lol .

Makoto is a combo of KOF Vanessa(but in Arc System style) plus the quick charge meter of some 80s boxing game for a drive. She has almost zero range and a billion entertaining to use gimmicks.

Henceforth Ill be lurking in the thread waiting for some generous soul to post a entertaining makoto sprite rip for an av :D .

LowParry

Here's the majority of Mak players do online:

A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A, B, D......repeat. Fucking do something other than that people!

Nose Master

The more I play this, the more flawed, old, and slow it makes SSF4 look. :lol. Been playing CT (borrowed) to see if I like it, and it's amazing. Picking up CS this weekend. I hope I can get better :X, is playing Ragna sort of like playing Ryu in SF?

Dresden

Nose Master said:
The more I play this, the more flawed, old, and slow it makes SSF4 look. :lol. Been playing CT (borrowed) to see if I like it, and it's amazing. Picking up CS this weekend. I hope I can get better :X, is playing Ragna sort of like playing Ryu in SF?
From what I've seen, Ragna and Jin are the Ryu and Ken of BB. Then you have Bang. Lots and lots of Bang.

So I got Makoto and unlocked Mu-12 but I can't use these characters in Arcade or Story?

I can understand why I can't use them for the story mode but how come they're not playable in the Arcade mode?

I feel pretty pissed off right now. I just spent $10 for these and I can't even play them in these modes?!

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
So I got Makoto and unlocked Mu-12 but I can't use these characters in Arcade or Story?

I can understand why I can't use them for the story mode but how come they're not playable in the Arcade mode?

I feel pretty pissed off right now. I just spent $10 for these and I can't even play them in these modes?!

$7.

And you get a tutorial, challenge, music, and an expanded color palette. And the Unlimited version.

I wouldn't say that's too bad.

They probably didn't want to implement a mode for the new characters that'd require new background art for some reason. Probably because it'd mess with the Gallery.

And yes, BB makes SF look slow and feel slow.

FlightOfHeaven said:
$7.

And you get a tutorial, challenge, music, and an expanded color palette. And the Unlimited version.

I wouldn't say that's too bad.

They probably didn't want to implement a mode for the new characters that'd require new background art for some reason. Probably because it'd mess with the Gallery.

And yes, BB makes SF look slow and feel slow.
Did they mention a patch down the line or maybe more DLC where you can play these characters in these offline modes?

Dresden

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Did they mention a patch down the line or maybe more DLC where you can play these characters in these offline modes?
Doubt it considering how BB's story mode isn't just ten fights slapped together.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shadow Red said:

Additional System Voice Type-M – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN
Additional System Voice Type-C – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN
Additional System Voice Type-K – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 1 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 2 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 3 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 4 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 5 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 6 – 160 MS Points
Gamer Picture Pack: Rebel 7 – 160 MS Points

Unlock Unlimited Ragna – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Hazama – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Mu – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Haku-men – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Lambda – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Tsubaki – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Carl – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Bang 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Arakune – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Taokaka – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Rachel – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Litchi – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Tager – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Jin – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock Unlimited Noel – 40 MS Points / $.59 PSN
Unlock All Unlimited Characters – 400 MS Points / $5.99 PSN

Unlock Playable Character Mu – 160 MS Points / $1.99 PSN

Makoto Nanaya Playable Character – 560 MS Points / $7.99 PSN

I'm suprised noone ask why the PSN content is almost universally a dollar more, or 10 cent more per color. Is it because we have 14 dollars worth of picture packs on 360?

Oh, and cool little note about Makoto DLC:

She has a special intro line for Tager, and gets / gives special responses from / to Noel and Tsubaki. And seems to have some with Hazama, too. They really did a nice job making her feel like a part of the game.

And am I the only one that feels like she's a better-made, more in depth version of Tsubaki in ways?

By that I mean, Tsubaki seems to suck at damage, unless you get and gather charges. And she has a lot of unsafe ways to get close, and get in. Makoto has horrid range, but she had good normals, seems pretty safe, can continue to combo her moves, even when blocked, and her parry and dragonpunch both seem to make approaching her a chore, if used right. And even though she HAS charge moves, her normal B&Bs like (5B, 5CC, 6B, 5C, 214A, C-MASH MASH MASH) still do very nice damage. She also has a nice close-in mixup game, great combos off throws, double C in the air... It just seems a little... weird?

And lets not even talk about how much more useful/powerful Nanaya's supers are over miss Yayoi's... Argh.

(Sure, make the girl with less clothing more powerful, the girl who actual knows how to dress for combat couldn't possibly do REAL damage, right?)

I guess the only way to make this worth it is to get better at the game and use the characters online.

I've been playing all things Street Fighter for so long and it's really the only game I'm capable of standing on my own when it comes to competitive play.

But with other fighters, I'll get killed online!

I guess it's back to training. I'll be honest, BlazBlue is a confusing mess, gameplay and the story! I'm a little disappointed with the DLC thing but I still love the game. The art is amazing and the animation are masterpieces.

I just want that definitive BlazBlue game, which will probably come out in a year or two.

Nose Master

Dresden said:
From what I've seen, Ragna and Jin are the Ryu and Ken of BB. Then you have Bang. Lots and lots of Bang.

Boo. Oh well, though. I'll learn the basics with Rag then switch over after I have a better grasp of what I'm doin'.

Papercuts

Man, Makoto is fun as hell for me. I got up to her 7th trial already with no real issues. A lot of her combos are mostly C based so it's easy to remember.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nose Master said:
Boo. Oh well, though. I'll learn the basics with Rag then switch over after I have a better grasp of what I'm doin'.
no no no, dont learn the basics with one character, pick a character and stick with them. All of them play very differently from each other so er yeah

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I like Makoto a lot, done 8 of her Missions so far, couldn't do Mission 9. =/

It will take some time to get those Drive Lv3 combos online, on the mean time I will use my Hazama, Jin and Arakune.

Papercuts

-DarKaoZ- said:
I like Makoto a lot, done 8 of her Missions so far, couldn't do Mission 9. =/

It will take some time to get those Drive Lv3 combos online, on the mean time I will use my Hazama, Jin and Arakune.

I just got her 7th one done. Redoing it so many times helped a lot with some of her D moves.

Kuugrr

Just finished the entire story. It's definitely one of those 'more questions than answers' type of deals, but I feel like it's really interesting despite being so, so, SO animu. It helps that I find most of it hilarious. :lol

I like what the True End sets up for the next game in terms of character allegiances and even setting.
Ikaruga has to at least give them some new stages and whatnot, right? ... maybe?

Still trying to process the story threads and keep track of it all right now. Though, uh... I just need one thing confirmed about the scene after the credits...
Did they kill Nu, bring her back as Lambda, kill Lambda, and then bring her back as Nu?
:lol

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I guess the only way to make this worth it is to get better at the game and use the characters online.

I've been playing all things Street Fighter for so long and it's really the only game I'm capable of standing on my own when it comes to competitive play.

But with other fighters, I'll get killed online!

I guess it's back to training. I'll be honest, BlazBlue is a confusing mess, gameplay and the story! I'm a little disappointed with the DLC thing but I still love the game. The art is amazing and the animation are masterpieces.

I just want that definitive BlazBlue game, which will probably come out in a year or two.

Go to the tutorial.

Seriously.

I've done the Beginner and Intermediate sections, and they are excellent guides to the game. I actually learned quite a bit, and I'm decently versed in the game. I'm a bit more precise now. I plan to hit the Advanced section as soon as I can.

Also, I'm torn between learning Ragna (Tutorial mode yay) and Makoto. I don't know if I should go back to Tsubaki or Noel, considering their terrible damage potential and strict timing requirements, or go to Tager.

Kuugrr said:
Still trying to process the story threads and keep track of it all right now. Though, uh... I just need one thing confirmed about the scene after the credits...
Did they kill Nu, bring her back as Lambda, kill Lambda, and then bring her back as Nu?
:lol

There's stuff after the credits?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thanks for the tips on the characters, guys. I just got Mu a little while ago and she is pretty interesting.
QisTopTier said:
I have no regrets. But uhh unless you want a 100% rush down character dont bother xD
I'm still annoyed about the whole debacle with DLC. I love rush down characters and it's exactly how I play Bang as well. I just don't want to spend $7 for a character I may not end up playing with at all.

:(

Anybody on the 360 side wanna play?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, any general tips for playing Tao?
Don't get predictable. She's got plenty of shenanigans, be sure to make use of all of them. A lot of Tao players I've seen make themselves extremely one dimensional - that doesn't mean fly all over the screen like an idiot.

Top Bottom