• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Did someone just discovered their inner fetish?

-----

I just had a great idea going to Blazblue Evo tournament next year while hugging a jin pillow.

Do you guys think Relius would ever become a playable character in future revisions of arcade BB? Or would he play too similarly to Carl for them to bother?
They teasin' us in the CSII intro. Hell, they teased us in the CS intro too.

_dementia said:
Do you guys think Relius would ever become a playable character in future revisions of arcade BB? Or would he play too similarly to Carl for them to bother?
I honestly have no clue on that one.

I've always thought that he'd be added if they ever started to run out of playable characters to add. He doesn't seem to have that much appeal as it stands.

Dreavus

_dementia said:

I've never seen that character before this intro , but he has his own puppet-nii-san right? That seems like it would be stepping in Carl's territory a bit too much, since as of right now every character has a completely unique drive, at least thematically.

Unless they get really creative about it I can't see him not being a lot like Carl, but still... if he's being teased in the intro I could see it happening in the future.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dreavus said:
I've never seen that character before this intro , but he has his own puppet-nii-san right? That seems like it would be stepping in Carl's territory a bit too much, since as of right now every character has a completely unique drive, at least thematically.

Unless they get really creative about it I can't see him not being a lot like Carl, but still... if he's being teased in the intro I could see it happening in the future.

That's carl's dad, and that's not a nii-san that's his wife :lol

btw if they can make order-sol and robo-ky completely differnt from their counterparts I'm sure they could do the same here for Relius

Dreavus

QisTopTier said:
That's carl's dad, and that's not a nii-san that's his wife :lol

btw if they can make order-sol and robo-ky completely differnt from their counterparts I'm sure they could do the same here for Relius

Sounds like a bad joke. :lol

Shows how much I know about this goddamned universe. I should probably play story mode sometime!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Dreavus said:
Sounds like a bad joke. :lol

Shows how much I know about this goddamned universe. I should probably play story mode sometime!

Hey its an anime game... you know.. you could be both right

Prototype-03 said:
The real twist is that Carl is not controlling Nirvana. Nirvana is controlling Carl. dun-dun-DDUNNNNNN

or is she?....

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so im getting kinda antsy here. >_>

on a scale of one to ten, one being rufus from sf4 and ten being lain from serial experiments, how moe is makoto? enough to sustain me until plat?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, Makoto is pretty non moé. Plus exposed underboob is a bit much for that subset of animu fans. They prefer shapeless toddler body types. :p
im very open minded. >_>

is she like a Kanbaru character? because thats fine too.

also rachel of all things most certainly is not moe. she's the worst. valk is more moe~ than her!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
so im getting kinda antsy here. >_>

on a scale of one to ten, one being rufus from sf4 and ten being lain from serial experiments, how moe is makoto? enough to sustain me until plat?

She's more moe than Tsubaki but not as moe as Noel.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fact Makoto and Noel's Japanese va's make me want to rip my heaphones off and shatter them into a thousand tiny pieces. D= So annoying, typical trying to hard to be cute, annoying high pitch and so on.

Makoto being moe? eh nah not really, she's more like the best friend type that watches over people. She just acts like a carefree idiot, she's probably one of the more serious side characters "personality wise". Was kinda funny to see her threaten to beat tager to death and Tager actually taking a serious note of it, of course after she says that she walks away all joyfully like an idiot :lol

Dreavus

_dementia said:

Listened to about half so far:

Their point about japanese players is really interesting. It's hard to imagine the game playing that differently over there (at the highest level) but they almost make it sound like a different game. As for the whole "you gotta love the game/want to get better/start a scene" thing... I basically only have online at this point so it's hard to take any of that encouragement to heart. :lol TBH I'm not even sure if the closest arcade to me (1 hour~ trip by public transit, lol) even has CS.

Their discussion about people ONLY talking combos over on dustloop has a ring of truth though, I think... I haven't been over there very much lately but there isn't a whole lot going on in most of the match-up threads. I remember some of the Jin match-up discussion back in CT to be VERY helpful, so I can definitely see the value of that.

As for sticking to one character instead of relying on an alt... D-DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE T-T :lol

Will listen to the rest later.

Fugu

It takes me two and a half hours to transit to the closest arcade with CS for me. Needless to say, I don't go very often.

Nymerio

Got the PAL Collector's Edition last week. Loving it so far.

PSN-ID: InvalidTarget, feel free to add me. I have to warn you though, I'm a noob :)

Dreavus said:
Their discussion about people ONLY talking combos over on dustloop has a ring of truth though, I think... I haven't been over there very much lately but there isn't a whole lot going on in most of the match-up threads. I remember some of the Jin match-up discussion back in CT to be VERY helpful, so I can definitely see the value of that.

Yeah well, when valkenhayn forum first opened up, the mod decided to not open up the matchup thread because it will fill up with crap (which it does), but once he decided to open it, he opened them one by one. And not by request, but by someone else who's a qualified bang player. So he opened up the Bang thread. I argued with him for a while but there was no changing his mind. So at one point, I wanted to see what I could do against Hazama... And it was locked.

I almost raged.

Fugu

People only talk about combos at dustloop because dustloop's competent members, moderators and policies actively discourage constructive discussion. It is very difficult to learn anything other than combos from Dustloop because if you try, you will likely be belittled and then have your thread locked.

They wonder why "scrubs" are talking about combos and shit? Why no one knows a damn thing about matchups? Because the dustloop crew actively antagonizes the development of players who haven't already learned these things. America is doomed to forever suck at BlazBlue so long as the community is self-deprecating. Its size is readily finite as long as the channels for learning the game are so clogged with dicks.

Prototype-03 said:
Yeah well, when valkenhayn forum first opened up, the mod decided to not open up the matchup thread because it will fill up with crap (which it does), but once he decided to open it, he opened them one by one. And not by request, but by someone else who's a qualified bang player. So he opened up the Bang thread. I argued with him for a while but there was no changing his mind. So at one point, I wanted to see what I could do against Hazama... And it was locked.

I almost raged.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Eh, I don't really like most of the people at dustloop. xD I remember before slash came out and they posted all the notes I tried to explain in detail why Ky was going to be retarded and I got shit talked by the entire site even after I went into really deep detail about some of the games mechanics, game comes out and not even 2 weeks later everyone is bitching about Ky. Er yeah no shit dustloop I warned you. =( I miss ky's abusable fast huge hitbox invincible uppercut though :lol

I remember playing most of dustloop on reload online when the pc version got hacked and everyone was always like OMGAH YOU ALWAYS UPPERCUT US THROUGH FREAKING EVERYTHING... >.> I played gg to much :lol

Oh I also said bang was going to be godlike if that means anything :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
kiunchbb said:
They should just give up Valk on 360, and just put all their resources into getting Platinum in PS3 =/

Uh we are getting her with 2.0 most likely. This has been said like 50 times :lol

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
QisTopTier said:
Uh we are getting her with 2.0 most likely. This has been said like 50 times :lol

It is only 2.0 because it came with Platinum. Without Platinum CS2 will be like CS0.5 Beta!

Top Bottom