• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Heroman

Banned
Man, this latest chapter might have been the most bleach chapter in a while. Bad guy get beat , reveals he has a secret power than proceed to beat up everyone,

Joni

I think there's a couple factors.
Volume sales are still decent. Of course it's not the titan (pun slightly intended) it once was during the Arrancar but it's still okay. Though that might not be entirely true as Bleach didn't even crack the Top 10 this year in cumulative sales.
The other is basically "Just let him finish". The series has been running for years, and this is the final arc, just let it finish up. Though part of me hopes the editors are telling him "hurry the fuck up".

The ratings are kind of 'meh', ranking at the bottom of the Shonen Jump series. Like between 11 and 14 of fourteen series.

Volume sales are still decent. Of course it's not the titan (pun slightly intended) it once was during the Arrancar but it's still okay. Though that might not be entirely true as Bleach didn't even crack the Top 10 this year in cumulative sales.
The other is basically "Just let him finish". The series has been running for years, and this is the final arc, just let it finish up. Though part of me hopes the editors are telling him "hurry the fuck up".
After the last fight took 7 chapters, I don't think Kubo is being too rushed

jstripes

Banned
"Just let him finish" is certainly part of it, but the lack of "hurry the fuck up" astonishes me.

The ratings are kind of 'meh', ranking at the bottom of the Shonen Jump series. Like between 11 and 14 of fourteen series.
You'd assume they'd be more eager to replace it with something else.

Anyway, the current bad guy relies on "miracles". I've got a good miracle for him: The fight finishing in two chapters.

Syntsui

There is one more of these motherfuckers before Ichigo faces Uryuu and Hitler. FFs

They announced the end before Naruto and they are managing to make it last much more.

I prefer these long fights than having characters off-screened. Isn't there a happy medium? Most of the fights in this arc go to nonsensical extremes

This one certainly went to an extreme. Lille wasn't even recognizable from a character or physical point of view when the fight neared it's end.

It's as if Kubo had second thoughts on Lille halfway through the fight.

This one certainly went to an extreme. Lille wasn't even recognizable from a character or physical point of view when the fight neared it's end.

It's as if Kubo had second thoughts on Lille halfway through the fight.

Nah, he just wants to show how close to "God"/Ywhach the elite sternritter are which further cements just how powerful Ywhach is considering their power comes from him.

You'd assume they'd be more eager to replace it with something else.

They've tried to make other series happen. They've completely and utterly failed for the most part. Toriko being the one who got the biggest push including some ranking manipulation, an anime, a few games, and still sold less on a per volume basis than Gintama. Gintama sells worse on per volume basis than Bleach just as an FYI though I think the Gintama anime does decently.

It does seem like the editors were putting pressure on him earlier in this arc. There was a lot of compression / off-screening going on up until around Yama's death. Thing's started decompressing again around that point. And to some extent I think that's a good thing, some of the compression left us with no idea what was going on (what the hell did Unohona's Bankai actually do?) and I'm pretty sure there were also continuity errors as a result (like Shaz).

It does seem like the editors were putting pressure on him earlier in this arc. There was a lot of compression / off-screening going on up until around Yama's death. Thing's started decompressing again around that point. And to some extent I think that's a good thing, some of the compression left us with no idea what was going on (what the hell did Unohona's Bankai actually do?) and I'm pretty sure there were also continuity errors as a result (like Shaz).

We'll just say that Shaz was imagined by Gremmy and save Kubo's continuation for him :p

It's a novella in the 13 Blades Databook (not by Kubo though so how canonical it is still remains up in the air, on the other hand it also explains Kira in a way that matches up so far)

this latest chapter was hilarious. Tell me where we have seen this before
bad guy gets his ass kicked then turns into a fucking giant.

Lol he ain't even trying anymore. Just banging shit out.

Hystzen

Renji still awesome as always being a cunt
"What's that"
"It's a fricking leg"

I'm ready for team Ichigo vs God. No doubt Ichigo fights first gets wounded then Byakuya, Renji and Rukia turn up to tag team Bach (that be cool see actually) they start the weaken and rest of captains turn up drained but still fight buying time for Ichigo to power up his spirit bomb I mean GT. Then Uryu will get up stand next to Ichigo and fire a super arrow same time Ichigo fires his GT and killing God.

Man, this latest chapter might have been the most bleach chapter in a while. Bad guy get beat , reveals he has a secret power than proceed to beat up everyone,
I can't stand the "let me explain my powers in details" thing anymore. This is too stupid, like they want the enemy to know how to defeat them.

Heroman

Banned
I can't stand the "let me explain my powers in details" thing anymore. This is too stupid, like they want the enemy to know how to defeat them.

I do to, miss the fights like Ichigo vs. Grimmjow where there is no weird ass bull shit special power , where it just to people beating the shit out of each other.

Yado

I didn't realise that was Hinamori until her name was mentioned. I thought it was that guy from whose sword heals people or w/e

Eusis

Not enough to make her banished out of Bleach apparently.
The only way for a character on the protagonists side (and many antagonists for that matter) to be permanently killed is to be completely disintintgrated. And I'd question even that before Lille confirmed that sometimes even that isn't enough.

Astral

Hinamori should have died when Hitsugaya accidentally stabbed her. That would have actually been pretty impactful. Hiyori should have died too.

Heroman

Banned
Why is Hinamori still here. Should have been killed for real long time ago. Just useless.
giphy.gif

Do you guys think that Kubo will make something of Askin's weird behavior while in Soul Society? I thought he was going to double cross the Sternritter when he was spying on Yhwach atop the tower

Eusis

Do you guys think that Kubo will make something of Askin's weird behavior while in Soul Society? I thought he was going to double cross the Sternritter when he was spying on Yhwach atop the tower
Well, he's alive this long, didn't seem to kill Grimmjow, and is probably chilling with Ichigo more than actually fighting, so maybe? He probably has something specific in mind for a few characters then just makes up a bunch of fluff ones so there can be fights to keep things from getting too short.

Well, he's alive this long, didn't seem to kill Grimmjow, and is probably chilling with Ichigo more than actually fighting, so maybe? He probably has something specific in mind for a few characters then just makes up a bunch of fluff ones so there can be fights to keep things from getting too short.

True, but what could he be capable of? Poisoning Gerard, or better yet, poisoning Yhwach and replacing the Soul King? :p

Sealed

Banned
I do to, miss the fights like Ichigo vs. Grimmjow where there is no weird ass bull shit special power , where it just to people beating the shit out of each other.

hueco mundo and fake karakura town arcs totally had the best fights in bleach.

ichigo vs grimmjow is great

the best fight in this arc imo is Komamura v. Bambietta, or maybe Yamamoto v. Fake Ywach

It still cracks me up how that stupid habit is what directly led to Rose bring beaten. Mask never would have have won if Rose didn't tell him that his bankai worked via sound.

Kusagari

Bleach mostly struggles in the yearly sales rankings at this point because it gets no new fans. If you're not One Piece you need to have new fans buying your back catalog to rank highly. Basically nobody buys old Bleach volumes any more. It's probably why it ranks so low every week in Jump. The only people still reading it are those who have followed it for years.

Top Bottom