• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Kira has an unusually confident "no fucks given" demeanor.

I guess I would too if death apparently carried no consequence.

Syntsui

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted! A fucking useless weak as fuck Yamcha like character returning from the dead. That's Kubo you are the best!!!!!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Kira is back?

Time to start reading again

Sealed

Banned
At least Kira looks awesome now. I'd like to see Tite draw for a competent writer.

the panel where he says "a dead man" makes Kira look like a serious badass

if we see his bankai, I would be pretty happy, but I doubt we will. Kubo hates showing us bankai

I would also like to see Kubo draw for a story that doesn't fall apart. There's still a chance he can salvage the ending, hopefully, but I think it's just going to be a naruto/sasuke clone.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That moon showing through Kira's chest confuses me. I guess if I think about it, Soul Society does have day and night. So there's a sun. And I guess a moon. Is it a... planet? Is there a soul-solar-system?

Sealed

Banned
That moon showing through Kira's chest confuses me. I guess if I think about it, Soul Society does have day and night. So there's a sun. And I guess a moon. Is it a... planet? Is there a soul-solar-system?

it's pretty weird

i don't think we've ever seen another instance of night in soul society

actually, I think Uryu fights Mayuri at night so never mind

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People also die in Soul Society.

Kira looking like such a badass says a lot about the current state of the series' power scaling. All this divine power/Soul King nonsense has fallen flat on it's face.

Desmond

When did Kubo announce the manga was ending, that's to say when did this Quincy arc start again?
KuGsj.gif
I

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
When did Kubo announce the manga was ending, that's to say when did this Quincy arc start again?
KuGsj.gif
I

For whatever reason, the Bleach wiki does not list when a chapter came out in Jump, only when the volume releases came out.
This arc began Chapter 480, collected in Volume 55, released on June 4th 2012 in Japan. So I guess late 2011 early 2012 is when this nonsense started?

Sealed

Banned
lmao it's Kira

bring back Bambietta now, Kubo

nah, Komamura's fight with Bambietta was actually really satisfying imo. I don't want her to come back AGAIN.

Actually, show us what happened to Komamura ffs

Was that Kira's power?

Was what Kira's power? He was the one cutting down the Bird things, if that's what you mean. The tubes in him aren't his power though. Apparently it was explained in some sort of novel.

Will we ever get off Namek?

No

Chariot

Was what Kira's power? He was the one cutting down the Bird things, if that's what you mean. The tubes in him aren't his power though. Apparently it was explained in some sort of novel.
What novel? Since when does Bleach have novels? Why would Bleach have novels.

What novel? Since when does Bleach have novels? Why would Bleach have novels.

There's been a couple of pseudo-novels now. One about Kenpachi (which the manga has sort of contradicted and sort of not, depending on how you look at things) and on in the 13 Blades Databook which was about Kira and Shaz Domino.

Sealed

Banned
There's been a couple of pseudo-novels now. One about Kenpachi (which the manga has sort of contradicted and sort of not, depending on how you look at things) and on in the 13 Blades Databook which was about Kira and Shaz Domino.

who the hell is shaz domino

Sternritter dude

I don't remember him doing anything in the manga

He's the one that Ichigo blew up before he could even give his letter and that has no remaining letter available for him.

According to the Novel
he's a creation of Gremmy and his letter is Epsilon

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I really like his Shikai command

"Raise your head, Wabisuke"

I thought the revelation that the reason it is essentially used for decapitations was pretty dark yet cool. Bleach's biggest problem is too many characters that really should either be villains/mc of different series. Kira probably one of the former.

Speaking of that, if in Kubo's next series he just picks up lesser played bleach characters and put them in the main role, who do you guys think he should pick? A series where Shinji just kind of fucks with people to victory would be fun.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kubo must have married the daughter of someone important at Shueisha for this nonsense to be going on for this long.

I think there's a couple factors.
Volume sales are still decent. Of course it's not the titan (pun slightly intended) it once was during the Arrancar but it's still okay. Though that might not be entirely true as Bleach didn't even crack the Top 10 this year in cumulative sales.
The other is basically "Just let him finish". The series has been running for years, and this is the final arc, just let it finish up. Though part of me hopes the editors are telling him "hurry the fuck up".

Top Bottom