• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Chariot

I wish Shaman King or Psyren had the luxury that Bleach has. Or fucking Double Arts, Asklepios and Mx0. In fact, fuck you, Jump. Stop stuffing Bleach while killing good series.

Wasn't there's someone who's power only works when they explain in?

Shunsui?.

Yes but it should be noted he still kind of cheats. Shubsui's shikai requires him to explain the rules of the "game" because his Shikai brings games to reality and its not a game unless both sides no the rules. He often makes one attack before explaining though.

His Bankai cheats too , its supposed to be a fair reiatsu contest (evening out wounds and submerging both underwater) but it also inflicts his foe with a disease and lets Shunsui shortcut to the opponents edge.

So its only pretending to be fair.

Chariot

I think Foxguys bankai wasn't that big.

My bet is: Miraculix > Yummy > XOF

But it doesn't matter anyway, we all know that Aizen got the biggest.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I found this game lying around.

latest

AIUpdateScreen2.png

This was released at the pinnacle of the series (Early Hueco Mundo, I think?) and it's probably the best Bleach game. It's made by Treasure and has fantastic multiplayer - each character feels unique and the sprite animation is a real treasure (ha, get it) to behold. Did anyone else play this? It's not just a good Bleach game, it's a good game on its own merit. Ukitake and some other characters even have some attacks they used here before they ever did anything in the series proper. Kyoraku in particular had a sweet whirlwind move that I don't think ever made it into the story.

I found this game lying around.

latest

AIUpdateScreen2.png

This was released at the pinnacle of the series (Early Hueco Mundo, I think?) and it's probably the best Bleach game. It's made by Treasure and has fantastic multiplayer - each character feels unique and the sprite animation is a real treasure (ha, get it) to behold. Did anyone else play this? It's not just a good Bleach game, it's a good game on its own merit. Ukitake and some other characters even have some attacks they used here before they ever did anything in the series proper. Kyoraku in particular had a sweet whirlwind move that I don't think ever made it into the story.

I adored this game. The character selection was incredible, and the gameplay felt fluid and fun. I would buy a spiritual sequel to this, complete with the Arrancar and Quincy, in a heartbeat.

Kon vs. Menos Grandes matches are hilarious :p

Marow

I wish Shaman King or Psyren had the luxury that Bleach has. Or fucking Double Arts, Asklepios and Mx0. In fact, fuck you, Jump. Stop stuffing Bleach while killing good series.
Still wonder what happened with Shaman King. One day the rankings just plummeted and the art also became worse. No idea about sales. Such a shame it got cancelled, but hey, we got Kanzenbang which is really awesome (how often do things like that even occur?).

Should read it all one day. How are the weird mini sequels that came out?

Sealed

Banned
welp, things getting even crazier

Yoruichi <3

i don't really get why he didn't use his power on her though lol

Still wonder what happened with Shaman King. One day the rankings just plummeted and the art also became worse. No idea about sales. Such a shame it got cancelled, but hey, we got Kanzenbang which is really awesome (how often do things like that even occur?).

Should read it all one day. How are the weird mini sequels that came out?

from wikipedia

Takei declared it was not a decrease on the series profitability that was the reason for its cancellation, but a "fatigue" he had been through because he was no more able to follow his fans' wishes. In the author's opinion, Shaman King was being "normalized" by the desire of his readers with the introduction of typical shonen aspects and losing its originality.[4] In 2007 he revelead he was planning to end the series with the final he initially envisioned to be published in another Shueisha magazine in the end of the year or in the beginning of 2008.[5][4] Eventually the entire series was reprinted in 27 kanzenban volumes with the title Shaman King Kanzen-Ban (or "Perfect Edition"), concluding with the "true ending" to the series.[8] The new series finale was also posted on the official Kanzen-Ban website, in addition to the print editions.[15] The first volume of the Perfect Edition was released on March 4, 2008, with the last (volume 27) being published on April 3, 2009.[16][17] Five years after the end of the series, when the Shaman King Kanzen-Ban was finished, Takei said, "After making the readers waiting [sic] so much for this, the last thing I wanted to do was to disappoint them". He thought the ending was a "huge responsibility".[18] This edition served to make corrections and adjustments and, for Takei, it was something "fun," as it was different from scratch.[19]

apparently he re did the ending. I should read it.

Hystzen

Yoruchi wrecks a fool while pretty much naked like she does.

Although doubt this fool is dead he already died 2 times so far. Kind cool the elite Quincy are left over soul King parts especially after we saw what was left of him before

I'm sure Askin will be like, "You didn't hear me earlier? Anything that enters my body I can turn against you. Thank you for filling me with lightning." Then we'll be in for another 20+ chapters of fun while Kubo figures out how they're going to beat the giant guy.

EDIT: "By the way, I'm the Soul King's stomach."

ok wait a second, I thought Askin's thing was not being able to die

he has two powers now?

I asked myself this. Weird.

And Kubo still doing this power explanation stuff... man, give it a rest at least or make it an internal monologue. It's pretty stupid to give data like that to your enemies.

I thought that Gerard Valkyrie would be a jobber but now he seems to have importance. Anyway, I don't like this "everything was Soul King's limbs".

Best thing about the chapter is Yoruichi, I missed her.

he has two powers now?

His power is Death-Dealing (he can change the "lethal dose" of anything"). Ywach took him in because he wouldn't die (which seems to be separate to this D schrift). The Quincy schrifts seem to get powers based on their desires (Mask wanted to be a hero, As Nodt wanted to cause fear rather than feel it, etc) so I presume that Askin wants to die (but can't) which is why he gets Death-Dealing,

Sealed

Banned
His power is Death-Dealing (he can change the "lethal dose" of anything"). Ywach took him in because he wouldn't die (which seems to be separate to this D schrift). The Quincy schrifts seem to get powers based on their desires (Mask wanted to be a hero, As Nodt wanted to cause fear rather than feel it, etc) so I presume that Askin wants to die (but can't) which is why he gets Death-Dealing,

ok i guess that makes sense

Viridian6

he has two powers now?

It seems he does die if you simply hit him hard enough though lol.

It seems really out of character for Askin to lose his cool over a simple remark but hey, good guys have to win somehow.

Well I mean, they were totally guessing at their powers. I believe Kubo never told the developers what these characters' powers were.

Kyoryaku's real powers are so much cooler. 8)

He actually uses a whirlwind power in his fight with Stark (it's actually some kind of spinning top game).

Hystzen

What's odd but funny about this chapter is Yoruchi calls out how dumb it is explaining your powers to Askin yet we know next chapter someone going do it again.

Is Yoruichi dressed like Psylocke? That outfit is targeting teenage boys, isn't it? Guess I'm officially old.

Yoruichi's brother seems annoying to me with this "onee-chan" thing.

And what the hell happened to Grimmjow?

Eusis

And what the hell happened to Grimmjow?
Chekov's gun to the whole thing I guess. Especially if he's bothering to remember how hollows are poisonous to Quincy.

Or it'll be whatever Yoruichi's brother was bringing and Grimmjow will be laying impotent for the rest of the manga.

Chariot

I mean, she isn't even from this world and I don't think we can pin down any ethnicity. Makes it easy too for people to just pick their favourite one.

Mr Git

I still don't remember or know where the fuck Yoruichi spawned a brother from. Or why it was necessary. Would've been much better for her to just be awesome for a few chapters, without help.

ohlawd

I still don't remember or know where the fuck Yoruichi spawned a brother from. Or why it was necessary. Would've been much better for her to just be awesome for a few chapters, without help.

can't wait in 100 years when her brother surpasses her in skill. leave all the girls in the dust

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Her brother looks like a Hanatarou-esque wimp so I think we're ok

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wonder what the Soul King himself had left. He gave so much away to random Shinigami and Quincy kids.
The dude's a limbless husk so we know there's at least still two legs out there somewhere too!

Kubo's pattern right now is battles where the torch is passed along to someone's assistant/junior. Since Yoruichi doesn't have one he created one via a sudden brother. I fully expect the brother to kill Mr. Unkillable after Yoruichi's bankai fails to get the job done.

scarlet

The dude's a limbless husk so we know there's at least still two legs out there somewhere too!

Kubo's pattern right now is battles where the torch is passed along to someone's assistant/junior. Since Yoruichi doesn't have one he created one via a sudden brother. I fully expect the brother to kill Mr. Unkillable after Yoruichi's bankai fails to get the job done.

She has Soi Fon :(

Top Bottom