• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Chariot

But who was that on the death bed that gave him the pins?
His brother. Telling him to take care of his wife. That's why the narration says that people give him stuff and then die. His brother gave him the pin and thus the wife and the wife gave him the sword and thus her daughter into responsibility.

Joni

His brother. Telling him to take care of his wife. That's why the narration says that people give him stuff and then die. His brother gave him the pin and thus the wife and the wife gave him the sword and thus her daughter into responsibility.

The order is mainly confusing because he hears about her execution on the page before.

Welfare

Gotta wonder what everyone else is thinking right now seeing this fucking chicken god think in the sky. Like is there even any one fighting besides these 3?

Tizoc

Kenpachi was even consistently good in the HM and Fullbringer arcs. His brief appearance in the latter was very Kenpachi. I wonder why he doesn't remember he should fight using both hands.

Cuz he's Zaraki friggin' Kenpachi, his opponents ain't worth the effort :p

I think he was already a captain at that time. He and Ukitake are supposed to be the oldest captains (not sure how that compares to the Squad Zero guys, though).

Only the first captains from Yamato's Academy, Unohona was a member of the first Gotei 13 while Ukitake and Shunsui weren't. I suspect that means that Sasakibe probably achieved Bankai before them too , if I've got the timeline right (it seems like he achieved Bankai around the same time the academy opened but was never actually a student).

I am having problems working out when the hell these flashbacks happened though. Shunsui and Ukitake are supposed to be around 1000 years old and judging by Shunsui's age when talking to his brother that most of been a long time ago (in fact the way his brother's talking to him its before Shunsui graduated the academy, which likely puts it at least 800 years in the past). By contrast Nanao was a young member of the Gotei 13 during the turn back the pendulum arc (which is only 100 years ago), it seems highly improbably she was more than 100 at the time even given Kubo's radically inconsistent aging rates/appearances. That leaves like a 600 year gap in between (the conversation with his brother and his brother's wife's death) which while possible doesn't seem to fit very well with the tragic story that Kubo's trying to tell here (since it means they must have had like a pretty decently lengthy marriage (unless there's some serious weirdness going on with the duration of the pregnancy in a way that would be ridiculous even by shinigami standards (ie over a century) .

I just wonder how Aizen would've shitted on Shunsui's bankai if he tried to use it on him. Probably would've revealed he can breathe underwater and is an expert at knitting, thus the string somehow ends up tied around Shunsui.

Never forget what he did to Soi-Fon's shikai which was supposed to kill you no matter what if hit in the smae place twice.

I just wonder how Aizen would've shitted on Shunsui's bankai if he tried to use it on him. Probably would've revealed he can breathe underwater and is an expert at knitting, thus the string somehow ends up tied around Shunsui.

Never forget what he did to Soi-Fon's shikai which was supposed to kill you no matter what if hit in the smae place twice.

He may not have had to do anything hax at all. The 3rd stage of Shunsui's bankai is just a pure reiatsu contest, which Aizen would have won (even with the stacking the deck that Shunsui's first and second stages). We don't know how the 4th stage works, so it's possibly Shunsui can't actually do that trick unless his opponent would in fact lose (the way he talks about it , it's granting the loser the mercy of a quick end).

Eusis

I also have to wonder at what stage of Aizen's power. As he currently is he'd probably just regenerate, it seemed like Ichigo literally cut him in half yet he just stitched himself back together.

I also have to wonder at what stage of Aizen's power. As he currently is he'd probably just regenerate, it seemed like Ichigo literally cut him in half yet he just stitched himself back together.

That and the fact that he's fused with his Zanpakuto entirely, which is why he was able to hypnotize Yhwach even while bound.

The Hogyoku shenanigans in Deicide were so ridiculous, ugh. -_-

I actually read the last 5 pages to understand what the hell was going on with Shunsui's bankai and backstory.

Anyway, what a disappointing fight. The god bird 'forgot' that Nanao's zanpakutou (pretty cool sword) would reflect its power? Really?

I actually read the last 5 pages to understand what the hell was going on with Shunsui's bankai and backstory.

Anyway, what a disappointing fight. The god bird 'forgot' that Nanao's zanpakutou (pretty cool sword) would reflect its power? Really?

He didn't forget, he just didn't believe Nanao when she told him because he's arrogant. Which still makes him an idiot for not testing it with a power that wouldn't badly injure him if it was reflected.

Sealed

Banned
Shunsui/Nanao's fight against this guy was trash.

I will admit though that I got hyped when Kira showed up again.

as usual though, this chapter seems incredibly short

Now that everything's gone to shit, why doesn't everyone just spam all the forbidden kidou.

Most of the forbidden kido is really high level which means that you need the incantations to get full power if you aren't lulz powerful. Which makes it pretty useless in combat unless you've got someone to tank for you. With the exceptions of Tessai , Aizen , Yamamato and Urahara, I don't think we've seen anyone use Kido over 79 in incantationless form (and even that was a Way of Binding defensive spell). Even Aizen had trouble with Level 90 incantationless kido (losing 2/3rds of the power).

Astral

Kira showing up was pretty hype. I thought Kubo forgot he killed him. He somehow looked very menacing despite being weak-ass Kira. It was probably the creepy hole on his chest.

Sealed

Banned
Kira showing up was pretty hype. I thought Kubo forgot he killed him. He somehow looked very menacing despite being weak-ass Kira. It was probably the creepy hole on his chest.

Is he weak though? He's a vice captain. Isn't his whole gimmick just thinking he's weak? Wabisuke is a pretty good Zanpakutou imo

I kinda like this guy's weird owl design. It feels SMTish which is kinda fitting.
I don't dislike the design, but there is not precedence for anything like it in bleach, so it feels very out of place and pulled from his ass

Astral

Is he weak though? He's a vice captain. Isn't his whole gimmick just thinking he's weak? Wabisuke is a pretty good Zanpakutou imo

Wabisuke has an unfair fucking ability but Kira is often just getting his ass kicked. Hopefully we see his bankai soon.

I don't dislike the design, but there is not precedence for anything like it in bleach, so it feels very out of place and pulled from his ass

Oh no doubt he did. It's definitely out of place but it has me curious to see what the others will look like.

Well, the novel described how he survived which is Mayuri taking lots and lots of souls + cybernetics to create zombie mecha-Kira essentially. Maybe the souls and prosthesis will make him strong.

Sealed

Banned
Oh no doubt he did. It's definitely out of place but it has me curious to see what the others will look like.

lol nice edit

Wabisuke is OP for sure, but he still has to hit the enemy for it to take effect. I would love to see Kira's bankai, but I doubt we will.

Curious to see what the other elite guys will look like? I hope the miracle guy and the undying guy don't have some weird transformation like this.

Well, the novel described how he survived which is Mayuri taking lots and lots of souls + cybernetics to create zombie mecha-Kira essentially. Maybe the souls and prosthesis will make him strong.

where does it explain this exactly?

Eusis

So we're just resurrecting people off screen now?
I'd say on paper with that novel bit, but this is supposed to be on paper ANYWAY.

Well, out of panel I guess. And practically going "aw fuck healing the wounds properly he just runs around" though I think his arm was blown off last time. So fully reattach the arm but leave a giant hole right there, well ok.

Sealed

Banned
I'd say on paper with that novel bit, but this is supposed to be on paper ANYWAY.

Well, out of panel I guess. And practically going "aw fuck healing the wounds properly he just runs around" though I think his arm was blown off last time. So fully reattach the arm but leave a giant hole right there, well ok.

latest

Man....Bleach is bad. 2012 Bleach was on it's own level. Wish it had that former glory back. Kira showing up... Will he really make a difference? Funny how just one panel of Aizen got me more excited than reading the last couple of non sense that is Bleach now.

Hystzen

Walking corpse Kira pops up

Byakura and Renji tag team for next fight oh yes please plus get see Renjis and byakuyas new bankai

Kain

Yay Aizen! Oh wait Kira, I totally forgot about the poor jobber.

While I really like the design of this god thingy guy (I don't even know his name lol) it makes no sense and there is no logic at all behind him and his powers. But this is Bleach, so things making no sense is the norm.

Top Bottom