• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Kain

I thought I'd never see the day when there would be a character more broken than Aizen, well, there it is. And it had to be in Bleach, of fucking course.

This shit is just embarrassing, I hope Tite is just having fun and trolling the world, there is no way anyone can take this thing seriously now.

jstripes

Banned
Kubo is gonna Kubo. We know what to expect.

I'd love it if he did something we didn't expect, but that's not gonna happen.

Amazing art work, and Yhwach is god.

Someone who does not know what asspull means. Shocking.

WTF is this stupid shit?

This is the first time I've seen someone genuinely come to Bleach's defence. (I guess I don't read Bleach threads enough.)

I thought I'd never see the day when there would be a character more broken than Aizen, well, there it is. And it had to be in Bleach, of fucking course.

This shit is just embarrassing, I hope Tite is just having fun and trolling the world, there is no way anyone can take this thing seriously now.

The only thing that could top it is if he draws himself into the manga as like the Soul King or whatever.

"I am Tite Kubo. I have unlimited power. I am the creator. This is your end."

Actually, I hope he does that.

Kain

The only thing that could top it is if he draws himself into the manga as like the Soul King or whatever.

"I am Tite Kubo. I have unlimited power. I am the creator. This is your end."

Actually, I hope he does that.

Not even Oda could top that, now I want it to happen xD

Radec

With all that power that Yhwach has... just to be beaten by Ichigo's Ultimate Final (This is really the last one) Getsuga.

Ventara

Haven't read the newest chapter yet, though from your reactions, I assume it's some bs again. Honestly, the reactions are half the reason I bother continuing.

But seriously, doesn't Jump have a ranking system, with the low ranking manga being cut? Or did Bakuman lie to me? Don't tell me there are people who enjoy this?

Haven't read the newest chapter yet, though from your reactions, I assume it's some bs again. Honestly, the reactions are half the reason I bother continuing.

But seriously, doesn't Jump have a ranking system, with the low ranking manga being cut? Or did Bakuman lie to me? Don't tell me there are people who enjoy this?

No it's ranking bad, two issues it's ahead of the bad new series that hold the bottom 3 spots (Bleach is 4th last) so they get killed off first and this rinses and repeats with new bad ones taking the bottom 3 again. The other issue is Bleach's sales are still good enough that they have no reason to cut it.

Mael

How come Bleach is so shit these days?
You've got awesome character design, beautiful art and the most shit story I've seen this side of manga.
It's even more painful to think that Naruto ended and this keep going.
Kubo's editor need to be fired because there's no way he can actually help Kubo do his work properly.
There was no point to the Zero division, most of the characters were useless, there's barely a character arc and Ichigo will win in the end by Getsugaing the villain to death.
It's seriously way worse than Fairy Tail now.

How come Bleach is so shit these days?
You've got awesome character design, beautiful art and the most shit story I've seen this side of manga.
It's even more painful to think that Naruto ended and this keep going.
Kubo's editor need to be fired because there's no way he can actually help Kubo do his work properly.
There was no point to the Zero division, most of the characters were useless, there's barely a character arc and Ichigo will win in the end by Getsugaing the villain to death.
It's seriously way worse than Fairy Tail now.

I don't know, I actually had to ragequit Fairy Tail.

It's hard to compare the two.

Mael

I don't know, I actually had to ragequit Fairy Tail.

It's hard to compare the two.

Fairy Tail is stupid and predictable but it set everything instead of going asspull heavy.
The last arc was set up with a mission to a city where there was a big flame or something that was frozen solid.
We then learn that this was done by demons or something and that there's one who's name is absolute zero who did this.
you have some idiotic stuffs with them having issues fighting them and finally the ice guy beat the absolute zero guy who was in fact his father resurrected by the magic of another demon.
Ice guy use his new found power to defeat main bad guy withthe help of Natsu.

It's hillariously stupid and full of fanservice, but by god it executed everything rather competently without leaving the reader in a state of "WTF did I just read?".
Fairy tail is by no mean good or anything but it's certainly genius compared to what Kubo inflicted us lately.

Man, how I miss HxH!

Astral

Ugh. This guy's defeat at the hands of Ichigo won't be satisfying at all. They've already made Ywach or Bach or whatever a god. It's guaranteed that the only way Ichigo can win is to pull out even greater godlihood out of his ass, which just isn't satisfying. I hope we at least get another Aizen fight. Ichigo sucks so much. The only reason he wins is because he's the main character. Time and time again the manga has shown that there are shinigami much stronger than he is and yet he's the one who always beats the villain.

Mael

Ugh. This guy's defeat at the hands of Ichigo won't be satisfying at all. They've already made Ywach or Bach or whatever a god. It's guaranteed that the only way Ichigo can win is to pull out even greater godlihood out of his ass, which just isn't satisfying. I hope we at least get another Aizen fight. Ichigo sucks so much. The only reason he wins is because he's the main character. Time and time again the manga has shown that there are shinigami much stronger than he is and yet he's the one who always beats the villain.

ah the Fairy Tail syndrome.
We all know the main character is a pushover (although Mashima really does it better especially lately) but he wins with a big damn fist in the face.

LordCanti

It's okay guys; Yoruichi's brother is coming and he's carrying a thing on his back. He'll fix the guy that knows all and sees all's wagon.

Rand6

We don't know everything about Yhwach.
Maybe he can use his power only for a short time (remember the time he met Aizen?).
Or maybe he's gonna die soon (and that's why, even if he's almighty, he already has a successor : Ishida).

jstripes

Banned
Remember before they went to Namek? When Bleach was about a teenager who was a shinigami by night, student by day, and had to somehow juggle the two?

Don't forget that Ichigo will doubtlessly be utterly beaten down first and likely have his powers removed. Then he'll find yet another new source of power deep inside or some bullshit like that.

Kubo really has no clue how to handle shonen escalation.

KlcncxV.gif

People are bitching about a hax villain, as if it´s the first or the last one that a villain will be haxed, and the main character will destroy them. #Everymangaevermade.

ctrl+f sharingan - not disappointed.

haha @mangaGAF acting not surprised that YH has a sharingan. lolol

Come on Kubo. Not like this.

kmax

ctrl+f sharingan - not disappointed.

haha @mangaGAF acting not surprised that YH has a sharingan. lolol

Come on Kubo. Not like this.

Trust me buddy, we've seen it all.

It wouldn't be surprising if Kubo himself defeated Majesty Haxx at this point.

Mael

What action manga does not do this? I am really curious. Hell, even food manga like Soma does this.

That is absolutely not the problem.
The problem is the absolutely horrendous execution.
DBZ pulled it off pretty well with Freeza and pretty every villain ever, even freaking Bu.
Yu Yu Hakusho pulled it really well too, even for something like Toguro where the only reason he was so strong was really "because".
HxH pulled it off the most beautifully way multiple times even (seriously the King!).
One Piece is doing it RIGHT NOW and it's better than anything Bleach ever tried.
Fairy Tail, the epitome of run of the mill battle shonen, runs circle around current Bleach.
There is no tension, no suspense and really nothing at stake here.
It's boring beamspam after boring beam spam.
For all we know YHWH won because his opponent's body really wanted out of the manga more than anything.
It is not bad, it's actually worse than bad.

Joni

At this rate, the manga will end with a stand-off between Aizen, Ywach and Urahara each one-upping each other all the time while Ichigo just sighs and goes home.

jstripes

Banned
That is absolutely not the problem.
The problem is the absolutely horrendous execution.
DBZ pulled it off pretty well with Freeza and pretty every villain ever, even freaking Bu.
Yu Yu Hakusho pulled it really well too, even for something like Toguro where the only reason he was so strong was really "because".
HxH pulled it off the most beautifully way multiple times even (seriously the King!).
One Piece is doing it RIGHT NOW and it's better than anything Bleach ever tried.
Fairy Tail, the epitome of run of the mill battle shonen, runs circle around current Bleach.
There is no tension, no suspense and really nothing at stake here.
It's boring beamspam after boring beam spam.
For all we know YHWH won because his opponent's body really wanted out of the manga more than anything.
It is not bad, it's actually worse than bad.

Someone once raised the point that the reason it works so well in One Piece is because super-powerful characters way out of the Strawhats' league were introduced fairly early on, establishing up a somewhat consistent power scale to work with.

That, and it's not entirely based on strength/power.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The problem with Bleach's fights is that there's never an opportunity for anyone to fail in execution. There are no weaknesses. Everyone is always immaculate with their own techniques, so the only way to overcome them is with someone else immaculately using an inherently more powerful technique. This isn't how good fights work. Even early Bleach didn't fall into this trap, the Ichigo/Renji fight was great like that. Ichigo saw through the weakness in Renji's techniques, the three-before-retracting thing, and overcame him by out-thinking and out-executing him. But we don't get any of that any more. Now it's just leader-in-weight-class vs leader-in-weight-class and the higher weight class always wins.

jstripes

Banned
On the bright side, at least this fight is over.

Who says?

"Defeating me was just an illusion! Now face my true power!"

The problem with Bleach's fights is that there's never an opportunity for anyone to fail in execution. There are no weaknesses. Everyone is always immaculate with their own techniques, so the only way to overcome them is with someone else immaculately using an inherently more powerful technique. This isn't how good fights work. Even early Bleach didn't fall into this trap, the Ichigo/Renji fight was great like that. Ichigo saw through the weakness in Renji's techniques, the three-before-retracting thing, and overcame him by out-thinking and out-executing him. But we don't get any of that any more. Now it's just leader-in-weight-class vs leader-in-weight-class and the higher weight class always wins.

It's like Rock, Paper, Scissors until someone pulls out a death ray.

Mael

Someone once raised the point that the reason it works so well in One Piece is because super-powerful characters way out of the Strawhats' league were introduced fairly early on, establishing up a somewhat consistent power scale to work with.

That, and it's not entirely based on strength/power.

The 1rst point is actually rather important because it brings up the fact that the author doesn't seem to be making shit up as it goes along.
It's the same way in HxH too, after all we got Hisoka and the Ryodan pretty quickly.
and it ties up nicely with the 2nd point, if it's not just based on strength/power then the fight are actually more interesting than just curbstomp after curbstomp like in Bleach (characters being utter morons doesn't help too).

If you're making your universe ridiculously large like in Toriko you don't even need to introduce hax characters quickly because that's pretty much expected.

Bleach had that once with the Menos/captain/Vasto Lorde but Kubo forgot all about it and we have characters gibbing for no reasons really.

Bleach still has fans after how Kubo has trolled his fanbase?

If you're talking about Hitsugaya, he more than served his usefulness and should have died way earlier.
How come this guy is only ever strong when he's controlled or something.

I jumped ship during the
reforging of Ichigo's Zanpakuto and his discovery of his Quincy past, I just couldn't bring myself to see Ichigo be a human-shinagami-hollow-quincy. It's just cheating, man.
Has the manga gotten any better in the year or whatever I've missed?

jstripes

Banned
Bleach had that once with the Menos/captain/Vasto Lorde but Kubo forgot all about it and we have characters gibbing for no reasons really.

Even the weakest character could one-shot a Menos Grande with their pinky at this point.

Yes, the Soul Society has existed for 10,000 years or whatever, but all this escalated over the course of what... one or two years?

I honestly don't understand Ywachs powers, what the hell did I just read? Can someone explain please.

And actually what was bald guys powers as well?

I have no clue what I have been reading.

I still can't get over how ridiculous Yhwach is, "I look at you and you lose" he's the epitome of the character that one 10 year old kid made who was super mega awesome invincible and can't be beaten no matter what.

Actually I would've been fine if it was Aizen doing this, Quincy King has no class.

Mael

I still can't get over how ridiculous Yhwach is, "I look at you and you lose" he's the epitome of the character that one 10 year old kid made who was super mega awesome invincible and can't be beaten no matter what.

Actually I would've been fine if it was Aizen doing this, Quincy King has no class.

Such a wasted opportunity too, this would have neatly fit into Aizen's bankai instead but instead we got this atrocity.

Top Bottom