• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team had to convince Konami to release Silent Hill 2 on PC

Curious, yes, i remember seeing Silent Hill was quite high on the Steam most wishlisted games, it'll probably do decently there.

Sadly i remember Bloober's last work, The Medium PC requirements were absurd for how mediocre it looked, and on console it ran like shit (30 FPS capped on release i think? and looked even worse lol. I expect more or less the same this time too

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Curious, yes, i remember seeing Silent Hill was quite high on the Steam most wishlisted games, it'll probably do decently there.

Sadly i remember Bloober's last work, The Medium PC requirements were absurd for how mediocre it looked, and on console it ran like shit (30 FPS capped on release i think? and looked even worse lol. I expect more or less the same this time too
I'm taking everything you just said with a grain of salt. I'm with Team Bloober.

Kacho

Not surprised they’re out of touch. Game should do crazy well on the platform.

Maybe Konami can convince Bloober to add ultrawide support on PC.

Denton

Honestly strange, one would think they would look at Capcom and Fromsoft and how PC became their biggest platform and see that not releasing there would be idiotic.

But I am glad Bloober did the necessary to push for the PC version. Hopefully Konami will join those above in finding success on PC. I already bought MGS vol.1 and am waiting for both SH2 and MGS vol2.

Deft Beck

Konami's always been out of touch. They should've kept releasing BEMANI games on home platforms, too, but the last major release was DDR II on the Wii back in 2010.

EDIT: Okay, there's the Konasute versions of SDVX, Pop'n, Gitadora, and IIDX INFINITAS, but all of those are on their own launchers on PC and obscure to most people outside of the enthusiasts.

Last edited:

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
silent hill shall now become bloober hill. i bet they will likely do the traditional mainline games. They could pick up the peices of team silents cancelled silent hill 5 (the one with the fear in broad daylight setting), and work with ito and yamaoka on that, which was replaced with homecoming, or do a direct sequel to sh2 with adult laura

Last edited:
Top Bottom