• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Squidyj isn't particularly talkative in the chapel chat though. He barely says anything.

Honestly at this point I'm trying to get you all thinking on who to look at tomorrow/tonight (if this isn't MYLO/ freak gets lucky). I know I'm town, low key play not withstanding, but if you all are fighting over camjo/squidyj tomorrow we have this same problem.

Squidyj if you win because of this well played. You have them all fooled.

Same goes for freakingchair if you aren't nuetral. Cheers to you.

Roy and crimsonfist you two have an outside chance of being scum, so if either of you win because of my mislynch congrats.

Camjo-Z you beat me. Somehow you are less scummy then me.

If no one wants to entertain the idea of switching then end it. No point dragging along the inevitable. I'm not helping you do it though.

I know I'm town and you are making a mistake.

roytheone

Off to bed, will not hammer since I actually have a question for chair : chair, if this game doesn't end with the deaths of zipped and camjo (and likely you), do you have any thoughts who is most likely scum then?

I was under the assumption I'd be shot tonight, but yes, if you flip town and I'm alive tomorrow I would vote squidy.

Come on camjo-Z! You and me lets flip the vote and get out squidyj!

vote: squidyj

We have literally nothing to lose if we are both town and are both expecting to die this day/night cycle. I want to know what his role power is, because I'm pretty sure he's scum.

Camjo-Z

We have literally nothing to lose if we are both town and are both expecting to die this day/night cycle. I want to know what his role power is, because I'm pretty sure he's scum.

What the hey, if roy and Crimson aren't going to hammer then I might as well get some last minute shenanigans in.

squidyj

this isn't a magical fairyland christmas.

roytheone

Ha, this squidyj push pretty much confirms at least one of you guys is scum. Getting the other lynched will just mean you will get shot by chair during the night, and you would still lose. So the only way to even have a remote chance to make it to the next day is to somehow manage to get someone outside of you two lynched, forcing chair to pick between you two tonight and then just pray you get lucky and not get shot.

I still think we have a better shot at hitting HC with Camjo though, and if it turns out we actually have 1 HC and 1 mensis left, killing the final HC right now instead of tonight when they will shoot chair could actually mean the difference between winning or losing. It's not likely, but I rather not take the risk.

Ha, this squidyj push pretty much confirms at least one of you guys is scum. Getting the other lynched will just mean you will get shot by chair during the night, and you would still lose. So the only way to even have a remote chance to make it to the next day is to somehow manage to get someone outside of you two lynched, forcing chair to pick between you two tonight and then just pray you get lucky and not get shot.

I still think we have a better shot at hitting HC with Camjo though, and if it turns out we actually have 1 HC and 1 mensis left, killing the final HC right now instead of tonight when they will shoot chair could actually mean the difference between winning or losing. It's not likely, but I rather not take the risk.

Or we are both town... That logic works both ways. We literally have nothing to lose. Squidyj doesn't want to rock the boat since he already has three votes to majority on me. My only option is to appeal to camjo-Z. We both claimed vanilla town. If we are both telling the truth then this makes sense

He is just as likely to be scum as camjo and I are. He just is lucky that others already had aligned with him. Of course now I've stolen one of his votes, and I understand that. He is mad because I put his win in doubt (assuming MYLO). He is also the only person that can't/won't reveal his role. All that does is make me more suspicious of him.

Lynching me is still a mistake. But I want you all to see that your logic works for all three of us. It's not an either/or decision. It is a much worse three way decision which could honestly fuck with town way worse than we thought.

Or end today, see that I am town and let's stop these shenanegins about not hammering...

If I flip town (and I am going to flip town) does that change your position on squidyj at all? That's a legit question you have to ask yourself. Because once I'm dead discussion ends for most of us. And all that's left is guessing/hoping for a loophole to the role blocker and chair picks right.

roytheone

Or we are both town... That logic works both ways. We literally have nothing to lose. Squidyj doesn't want to rock the boat since he already has three votes to majority on me. My only option is to appeal to camjo-Z. We both claimed vanilla town. If we are both telling the truth then this makes sense

He is just as likely to be scum as camjo and I are. He just is lucky that others already had aligned with him. Of course now I've stolen one of his votes, and I understand that. He is mad because I put his win in doubt (assuming MYLO). He is also the only person that can't/won't reveal his role. All that does is make me more suspicious of him.

Lynching me is still a mistake. But I want you all to see that your logic works for all three of us. It's not an either/or decision. It is a much worse three way decision which could honestly fuck with town way worse than we thought.

This is not true if you are town. It will be best for town to get the last HC member today using the lynch, since if I am wrong and there is actually another mensis member, removing all HC members today and thus preventing chair from being NK could end up being of immense value. If you are town, that would be in your advantage, regardless of you getting shot tonight by chair. If you are the last member of a scum team however, yeah, then it doesn't matter if you get lynched now or shot tonight, you lose either way.

Camjo-Z

I don't even know what you're arguing for anymore. If you really think there's another Mensis, then you must believe it's squidy since you refused to hammer when Zipped and I would have both died. If you mislynch today, he'll instantly win tomorrow. So why are you trying to push a vote on me instead of voting squidy?

(not that any of this mensis garbage makes any sense in the first place considering flame was clearly the last one based on his role pm)

This is not true if you are town. It will be best for town to get the last HC member today using the lynch, since if I am wrong and there is actually another mensis member, removing all HC members today and thus preventing chair from being NK could end up being of immense value. If you are town, that would be in your advantage, regardless of you getting shot tonight by chair. If you are the last member of a scum team however, yeah, then it doesn't matter if you get lynched now or shot tonight, you lose either way.

So with squidyj, being the last HC member, obviously I am doing what's best for town. Your rationale is reasonable for camjo's turn to support me, but between squidyj and I, you are right it benefits scum for them to target one of the vanilla town announced characters and then NK out chair.

All your reasoning does it point to other people than me for being the final scum team member, or at worst still make it a coin flip on your rationale between picking town vs scum.

If you kill me I flip town and, if there are still mensis AND HC, we lose. That's facts.

roytheone

I don't even know what you're arguing for anymore. If you really think there's another Mensis, then you must believe it's squidy since you refused to hammer when Zipped and I would have both died. If you mislynch today, he'll instantly win tomorrow. So why are you trying to push a vote on me instead of voting squidy?

(not that any of this mensis garbage makes any sense in the first place considering flame was clearly the last one based on his role pm)

I don't "really think" there is another mensis member, I even say it is not likely in the exact post you quote. And I am pushing a vote for you since I don't think that will be a misslynch, i think you are our best shot of lynching the last HC member today.

So with squidyj, being the last HC member, obviously I am doing what's best for town. Your rationale is reasonable for camjo's turn to support me, but between squidyj and I, you are right it benefits scum for them to target one of the vanilla town announced characters and then NK out chair.

All your reasoning does it point to other people than me for being the final scum team member, or at worst still make it a coin flip on your rationale between picking town vs scum.

If you kill me I flip town and, if there are still mensis AND HC, we lose. That's facts.

If you really think squidyj is the last HC member, then yeah, pushing for him is town from your point of view, even if I disagree. It was just that you kept saying you have literally nothing to lose which if you are town, is not correct.

I don't see how we lose even if we mislynch today. Even if the order indicates that I die before I get my shot off that leaves 5 people - 1 HC. Then 4 people 1 HC... I don't think mensis have a killing role so unless mensis has been getting lucky and converting everyone who's left I don't think we lose at all.

You sound desperate.

I don't "really think" there is another mensis member, I even say it is not likely in the exact post you quote. And I am pushing a vote for you since I don't think that will be a misslynch, i think you are our best shot of lynching the last HC member today.

If you really think squidyj is the last HC member, then yeah, pushing for him is town from your point of view, even if I disagree. It was just that you kept saying you have literally nothing to lose which if you are town, is not correct.

I see your point from a macro town point of view. My concern is being able to contribute and having to assume that this is a mislynch and lose (or MYLO) situation. If you punch me, I know that is a mislynch, so I'm trying to make sure that you all (I.e. Everyone else) can see who started the direct votes and who is asking for who to die tonight. Staying alive would be a plus as I know I am another town vote.

I don't see how we lose even if we mislynch today. Even if the order indicates that I die before I get my shot off that leaves 5 people - 1 HC. Then 4 people 1 HC... I don't think mensis have a killing role so unless mensis has been getting lucky and converting everyone who's left I don't think we lose at all.

You sound desperate.

I am operating under the assumption that out of the six players we have 1 more healing church and one more mensis player with four non-scum remaining. If we mislynch today, and you get blocked, then that is an even swap of players to scum, and regardless of who dies at least one scum team wins. It's even worse if you don't get blocked and hit town. If you hit scum then we (town aligned players) might have a chance.

It's desperate because it may be our final vote, and since I know I am town I don't want you all to make a mistake. Sure if you kill me it turns a three-way into maybe a coin flip. But make sure you really think it's the best decision, and that I am the most scum-like person remaining.

Are we really going to no lynch and then for sure take this to tomorrow with the most people?

I don't have a problem with that if it saves me from a lynch (and town from a mislynch), but like Roy said. If town feels they know who scum is take the shot now...

red_1468962000.png

roytheone

Are we really going to no lynch and then for sure take this to tomorrow with the most people?

I don't have a problem with that if it saves me from a lynch (and town from a mislynch), but like Roy said. If town feels they know who scum is take the shot now...

Nah, no lynch is probably the worst option. We would just end up tomorrow lynching who of you two didn't get shot by chair.

vote: Zippedpinhead

The townspeople were growing impatient.

They no longer wished to wait for judgment, and had began hanging the first person they could overpower instead.

The Yharnamites hoped that through this method they could hasten the eradication of the Healing Church, and chose the unassuming Zippedpinhead as tonight's unlucky victim.

They chose...poorly.

Zippedpinhead, an Ordinary Yharnamite, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, Zippedpinhead. The Blood tells me that you are an Ordinary Citizen of Yharnam. Obviously, you are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Hm. No special blood, no special powers. There’s only one place for you in Yharnam at night - Inside your home, with the doors locked and the windows bolted.

During the day, you may VOTE to lynch your fellow citizens, but I’m afraid that’s the extent of your power.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Sir or Madam.

Day 8 has ended.

The Hunt resumes in:

red_1469048400.png

The bell tolls.

The townspeople arrive at the entrance to the cathedral, to find a figure clad in feathered garb bleeding out on the doorstep.

A bold Hunter of Hunters had attempted to snuff out the last of the Healing Church at their own homestead, and had paid a horrible price.

"I'm afraid I've made a bit of a blunder," he said.

"I don't seem to be apt for this life anymore... My glory days were long ago now...It's up to you now to pick the last victim of The Hunt...the decision is yours alone. Ah, my eyes grow heavy...Let me rest a while..."

And with those parting words, he breathed his last, leaving the final townspeople standing alone in the pale red moonlight.

Freakinchair, the Hunter of Hunters, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, Freakinchair. The Blood tells me that you are The Hunter of Hunters. You are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Watchmen such as yourself admonish those who have become addled with blood. Be they men or beasts, anyone who has threatened the pledgers of "Hunter" oath has an issue with blood.

Three times during the course of the game, you may kill another player during the night phase by PMing ScraftyDevil the command KILL: <NAME>. That player will be killed during the night.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Hunter.

The day will end once majority has been reached. Fare thee well, good hunters.

roytheone

Oh hey, early start! Honestly didn't expect this day to even start, but chair running out of shots sucks.

So the way I see it, there are two possible scenario's:

A) we only have 1 HC member alive. This is probably Camjo. We lynch him today, we win.

B) we have 1 HC and 1 mensis still alive. This is a very unlikely, but very shitty situation. We lynch the last HC member, mensis will most likely win. We lynch the last mensis member, HC will most likely win. We lynch town, and HC manages to shoot mensis during the night, HC wins. If they miss, mensis probably wins. The only way in this situation for us to win is to no lynch, hope HC shoots mensis, and we lynch HC the next day. Not only would this require HC to actually hit mensis, there is the chance they don't think there is another mensis member and just not shoot leaving us with 4 players.

Did anyone got converted last night?

Camjo-Z

OK, I've gotta admit... that was a good bluff from Freakinchair. I don't know if it really did anything, but it was good.

Anyway, squidy is obviously the last maf. Can't wait to hear about his magical role that totally had to be hidden yesterday.

If I get lynched because the runner of Batman seriously thinks I tried to use scum posts from the game he would have been reading more than anyone as a way to signal maf, I'm gonna laugh.

VOTE: squidyj

squidyj

there is no role, i'm vanilla, I thought it was worth the effort to maybe try and confuse the HC into making a mistake, I know it wasn't likely to work but I figured I'd try it anyway and I told roy and crimson what was going on before the end of day yesterday.

Vote: No Lynch

We do not have 2 HC remaining.
If we have 1HC 1 mensis and we kill the HC today we have 1 mensis and at least 1 converted player so mensis will win.

if we have 1 hc no mensis and we no lynch today we go to final 3 tomorrow. My expectation is that final 3 will be camjo and myself and either roy or crimson will die in the night.

roytheone

there is no role, i'm vanilla, I thought it was worth the effort to maybe try and confuse the HC into making a mistake, I know it wasn't likely to work but I figured I'd try it anyway and I told roy and crimson what was going on before the end of day yesterday.

Vote: No Lynch

We do not have 2 HC remaining.
If we have 1HC 1 mensis and we kill the HC today we have 1 mensis and at least 1 converted player so mensis will win.

if we have 1 hc no mensis and we no lynch today we go to final 3 tomorrow. My expectation is that final 3 will be camjo and myself and either roy or crimson will die in the night.

I don't think it's likely there is another Mensis member. Camjo is hc, based on the wording of flames pm it would be super weird if Crimson is Mensis, that just leaves you and I don't think Mensis would do that gamble yesterday and go for a no lynch today, they would push for camjo lynch which makes them win. Also, we haven't seen any new conversions which probably could have already given them the win if there were any left.

Not against a no lynch just to be sure though. Will wait with voting until Crimson shows up.

Camjo-Z

Squidy goes in hard on roy after roy tells the gossip chat he's going to lie about something in an attempt to fool another faction... then literally does the exact same thing and no one calls him out on it.

what the fuck is even going on

I'm thinking No Lynch is probably the best option today too.

If there's one HC left then they're a) the hidden partner, and b) they were likely active on night 4 due to the second claimed RB. With those in mind, I'd want to go back through looking at anything that could be breadcrumbs before deciding on Camjo.

squidyj

Squidy goes in hard on roy after roy tells the gossip chat he's going to lie about something in an attempt to fool another faction... then literally does the exact same thing and no one calls him out on it.

what do you think is going on?

roytheone

Omg, you are right! I am totally going to vote squidyj now!!!!

... Only since you are the last hc that means he at best is Mensis which would mean that lynch would still lose us the game. Nice try, but a swing and a miss.

squidyj

two concerns.

1. Just because you were converted doesn't mean you started as town.
2. Why did camjo decide to try to push me as the mislynch? did he just fuck up and forget about day 4? If not he would have to realize that I am now surrounded by people who publicly stated that they believed I was checked by the cop, since you must also believe I'm the hidden partner it seems unlikely for me to be a godfather as well so convincing the others to mislynch me would be very difficult, wouldn't it?

Camjo-Z

two concerns.

1. Just because you were converted doesn't mean you started as town.
2. Why did camjo decide to try to push me as the mislynch? did he just fuck up and forget about day 4? If not he would have to realize that I am now surrounded by people who publicly stated that they believed I was checked by the cop, since you must also believe I'm the hidden partner it seems unlikely for me to be a godfather as well so convincing the others to mislynch me would be very difficult, wouldn't it?

I thought you got checked by cop too, but I also thought they checked Freakinchair and that turned out to be wrong. Nudull is new, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even breadcrumb their cop reports at all. I'm 99.99% sure the gossip isn't maf so Crimson's off the table, and if roy was maf he would have just voted me by now and finished this since he's under no suspicion. This just leaves you, who pulled some weird role claim shtick yesterday that was apparently meant to fool maf into killing you or something.

In case you forgot, I was fine with getting shot by Freakin last night because it would leave you as the only obvious candidate if Zipped wasn't it. Now instead we're stuck watching you try to pull a no lynch (and somehow gaining support for it), even though it only benefits you since Crimson could go either way with his vote at this point. With a no lynch, Crimson will die and I can get immediately hammered by you and roy! Maf wins, hooray!

squidyj

I thought you got checked by cop too, but I also thought they checked Freakinchair and that turned out to be wrong. Nudull is new, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even breadcrumb their cop reports at all. I'm 99.99% sure the gossip isn't maf so Crimson's off the table, and if roy was maf he would have just voted me by now and finished this since he's under no suspicion. This just leaves you, who pulled some weird role claim shtick yesterday that was apparently meant to fool maf into killing you or something.

In case you forgot, I was fine with getting shot by Freakin last night because it would leave you as the only obvious candidate if Zipped wasn't it. Now instead we're stuck watching you try to pull a no lynch (and somehow gaining support for it), even though it only benefits you since Crimson could go either way with his vote at this point. With a no lynch, Crimson will die and I can get immediately hammered by you and roy! Maf wins, hooray!

I would appreciate if you could point to exactly what crimson has said and done that makes you believe he could go either way .
Furthermore you seem to be resigned to roy voting on you, if I'm scum and roy votes on you how do you ever get me lynched? what's the benefit to me getting rid of crimson?

Camjo-Z

I would appreciate if you could point to exactly what crimson has said and done that makes you believe he could go either way .
Furthermore you seem to be resigned to roy voting on you, if I'm scum and roy votes on you how do you ever get me lynched? what's the benefit to me getting rid of crimson?

If Crimson wanted to vote me right now this game would already be over, so I assume he's not 100% decided on who to pick yet.

I'm resigned to roy voting on me because you can't argue with a man who's certain you're using Sorian posts as scum morse code. But as for why you need to get rid of Crimson: if he votes you today and we're at a tie, he could still potentially convince roy to vote you as well. But if he's dead, he can't say anything. So clearly it benefits you for this game to run a little longer.

From day 1: Towards the end, both Squidy and Roy were very much in favour of the Ri'Orius lynch early on, Squidy was slightly later on the vote, but he was still pushing for it above the other possibilities.

Bussing day 1 is generally not considered a great tactic though, and I especially don't think a hidden partner would bus like that without being able to talk it over with their teammates.

Camjo on the other hand posts a big all caps DISCOVERED in reply to one of Weemad's comments.

squidyj

If Crimson wanted to vote me right now this game would already be over, so I assume he's not 100% decided on who to pick yet.

I'm resigned to roy voting on me because you can't argue with a man who's certain you're using Sorian posts as scum morse code. But as for why you need to get rid of Crimson: if he votes you today and we're at a tie, he could still potentially convince roy to vote you as well. But if he's dead, he can't say anything. So clearly it benefits you for this game to run a little longer.

so if you were scum you'd kill roy then?

Top Bottom