• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Camjo-Z

Right, I understand your argument. But by that logic, I must be Mensis. Kristoffer's role gives mention of the three different factions and has an associated target and consequence if found by that faction.

We know the Healing Church target already. That leaves Mensis and town as the other options. Don't you think I could have been his town target if you think I was one of them?

His goal was to lynch Verelios and probably two other people.

If your case is on Kristoffer's role, I'm Mensis or town.

What do you think?

You're not his town target, that's Freakinchair as we've previously established.

Secondly, arguing that you're probably the last Mensis instead of being HC is probably the worst defense ever, because that means you're a safe lynch either way. But the reason I think you're still possibly maf is because of Kris' motives. He wants to kill the vig because the vig can kill him. He wants to kill maf because maf can kill him. He wants to kill Mensis because...? Conversion doesn't stop his win condition, so he doesn't need to go after them. If you're his third target, you could easily be the hidden partner.

Flame_AC

So you think Kristoffer's role was balanced with the identities of two Healing Church, myself and Verelios? That doesn't seem like a role that'd make it in the game or any kind of logical sense.

I just don't get how you can say I'm more suspect than Roy or Zipped. It's maddening to me that I understand where y'all can come from, arguing that I haven't hit a HC target. Well. I'm not the only one, go back and look at Freakinchair's great post, Zipped hasn't voted a single HC target either. Yet right now he's skating by without any pressure. I've already addressed my case against Roy. If you wanna lynch me for not voting HC, Zipped should go too cause he's in the same spot and honestly, he's more scummy than me. (IMO) :)

It's not even worth it to try and talk to Squidy/Roy/Zipped. They're happy with their target, but Camjo, look at the big picture and see that I'm not the scum here.

Also, Vanguard needs to show up some time.

I hadn't considered the Kristoffer attempt at pushing for hobo. It's either you or zipped. Let's just start with you - that will make it easy to know who the rest of the scum possibly are (i.e the ones pushing for your lynch).

UNVOTE

VOTE: Flame_AC

RetroMG

“Burn the Witch!”
“Burn the Witch!”
“Go Packers!”
“Wait, what?”
“I said Burn the Witch!”
“Hey, if this bloke is male, why are we calling him a witch?”
“What else should we call him?”
“Well, isn’t the male form of a witch a wizard?”
“You’ve been reading too many books.”
“Well, they said this bloke was a scholar. I thought I should know a thing or two.”
“Harry Potter is not a reference book!”
“Says you. It’s got Werewolves. We’ve got beasts. It works.”

As the flames rose, Flame_AC’s form twisted and stretched. It let out an unearthly howl just before it died.

Flame_AC, The Scholar, has died.

Welcome, Flame_AC. The Blood tells me that you are the Scholar. You are aligned with the School of Mensis. (That means you worship the Old Ones.)

The Old Ones wish you to bring more people into the fold, to be the harbingers of their glorious resurrection. You will be their tools in this endeavor.

You are not alone.

You win the game by converting all players to the ways of the Old Ones.

You have no abilities at the beginning of the game. What you do have is information.

There is a being in the game, known only as the Moon Presence. If you and your fellow worshippers can turn this being to your cause, you will gain a one shot ability to add 6 KB points to a single player, instantly transforming that player into a Kin of the Cosmos by PMing ScraftyDevil with the command ELIXIR: <NAME>.

If the Host of the Nightmare dies, then you will have the ability to give one player 1 KB point per night by PMing ScraftyDevil the command DRINK: <NAME>.

If all of your partners die, then you will be able to add 2 KB points to a single player every night by PMing ScraftyDevil the command POTION: <NAME>.

Once a player has received a total of 5 KB, they will be transformed into Kin of the Cosmos and bring you one step closer to erasing the world’s dreadful ignorance.

You win once every remaining player who is not a member of the School of Mensis has been transformed.

You have been blessed with one more piece of information. There is a place in the world called Oedon Chapel. Those who dwell in Oedon Chapel are extra sensitive to your influence. Anyone who has access to Oedon Chapel will gain double the KB points from your actions, as well as those of your partners.

If all of the Mensis players are killed, then the players who have been converted will return to their original alignment.

May the Good Blood Guide your Way.

Day 7 has ended.

The hunt will resume:

red_1468789200.png

“Have you noticed that this flavor’s getting weirder?”
“Happens when Retro has to write on the fly, don’t it?”

There's an old saying which claims that those who are most enlightened are destined to perish before their time, as the scales of life must preserve a balance of knowledge and ignorance to prevent the world from becoming too insightful.

Whether or not you believe that to be true is a matter of personal opinion, but as the Blood Moon grew ever-brighter in the sky above Yharnam, the townspeople began to question whether those among them with special talents were being targeted.

The old blood minister, one of the few vestiges of a bygone era and wielder of the sacred art of blood healing, had died that night.

Yharnam had lost its final guardian. They were no longer safe.

How long would it be until they were dead too?

II-Vanguard-II, The Blood Minister, has been slaughtered.

Welcome, II-Vanguard-II. The Blood tells me that you are The Blood Minister. You are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Ah, I see that you too have a keen eye for the blood. It is no surprise - Yharnam is the home of Blood Ministrations. If you know the power in the blood, then you too can use it to protect others.

During each night phase, you may infuse another player with Yharnam blood by PMing ScraftyDevil the command PROTECT: <NAME>. That player will be protected from being killed during the night.

You may not protect yourself.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, fellow servant of the blood.

Day 8 begins.

The Blood Moon rises in:

red_1468962000.png

STARTING TODAY, DAY PHASES WILL BE 48 HOURS AND NIGHT PHASES WILL BE 24 HOURS

06 [m] Camjo-Z
08 [m] Freakinchair - Claimed (and very likely) Vig
15 [m] CrimsonFist - Gossip/Converted
21 [m] roytheone - Claimed Converted
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead

If there's two HC left, today is MYLO, if there's one, tomorrow is. I assume nobody else has been converted? I haven't been notified about being changed back, but game runners might just not notify for that.

roytheone

06 [m] Camjo-Z
15 [m] CrimsonFist - Gossip/Converted
21 [m] roytheone - Claimed Converted
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead

If there's two HC left, today is MYLO, if there's one, tomorrow is. I assume nobody else has been converted? I haven't been notified about being changed back, but game runners might just not notify for that.

actually, this is not 100 % correct. If there are 2 HC members left and we mislynch, but chair manages to shoot HC tonight, we could still win.

squidyj

Vote: Zippedpinhead

if we lynch zipped today we go to 1 scum and 3 town.
we can set up a game where we have 3 kills, we lynch one today, freak shoots one tonight because he'll likely die tonight (assuming he's town) and then we get one more lynch on the next day

my current top targets are
zipped
camjo
roy

essentially in that order.

all of this of course assumes that there is one healing church remaining.

Since Van was town and has no reason to lie, we still have a role blocker unaccounted for. I'd like them to claim today. If they're town we learn a lot from whoever they've blocked since TWE/Weemad died, and they should still get a block tonight even without the doctor.

squidyj

Since Van was town and has no reason to lie, we still have a role blocker unaccounted for. I'd like them to claim today. If they're town we learn a lot from whoever they've blocked since TWE/Weemad died, and they should still get a block tonight even without the doctor.

how can we trust them to be town though? "trust me guys i'm town, check out the fake claim provided to me by the mods"

how can we trust them to be town though? "trust me guys i'm town, check out the fake claim provided to me by the mods"

We can't 100%, but it would be difficult for them to lie about their targets since they get notified, and if they flip tonight and get confirmed, it gives people tomorrow more to work with.

How about everyone claims? Role blocker should definitely claim though. If someone counter claims then its a 50/50 and we can look at voting history / previous posts.

We can't 100%, but it would be difficult for them to lie about their targets since they get notified, and if they flip tonight and get confirmed, it gives people tomorrow more to work with.

Plus Van apparently never got blocked after claiming, and the only time Freak has claimed blocked was probably due to Mensis. That makes me think that there's a bigger chance for them to be a town RB.

So far then we're at:

HC:
Investigative role which never activated
One Shot Strongman
Hunter
(Hidden Partner)

Mensis:
Jailer
Recruiter
Hunter

Town:
Unlimited Shot Vig (unconfirmed)
Alignment Cop
Four Invite Gossip
Doctor
Veteran
Tracker

Neutral:
Lyncher

Camjo-Z

I assume nobody else has been converted? I haven't been notified about being changed back, but game runners might just not notify for that.

Considering the other Mensis players' PM's didn't mention it, I assume it was included in Flame's to signify that he was the last one.

Since we're apparently role claiming now, I'm normal townie. I expect to hear some echoes pretty soon.

Vote: Zippedpinhead

if we lynch zipped today we go to 1 scum and 3 town.
we can set up a game where we have 3 kills, we lynch one today, freak shoots one tonight because he'll likely die tonight (assuming he's town) and then we get one more lynch on the next day

my current top targets are
zipped
camjo
roy

essentially in that order.

all of this of course assumes that there is one healing church remaining.

I was as shocked as anyone else on Hobohodo/flame_AC being mensis. I legit thought that they were not the same faction as Johnnyquicknives.

Are we assuming that all of mensis is dead? Can we get some clarification on that?

I'm an ordinary citizen that got dealt an extraordinary perspective on two people hobo and Johnny. I guessed and got incredibly lucky. Hobo played day 1 like scum hiding and then flame threw me off by voting for Johnny. When it came down to it he was still the most scummy yesterday and cooler heads prevailed.

So to counter your vote:

vote: squidyj

squidyj

well... I was willing to consider voting camjo first but now I'm fairly convinced that killing zipped will end the game so we should roll with that.

as for me I'm a Lonely Old Person, and I won't say what my role entails except that I am not this roleblocker that has been previously mentioned.

06 [m] Camjo-Z - Claimed Vanillla
15 [m] CrimsonFist - Gossip
21 [m] roytheone - Claimed Vanilla
22 [m] squidyj - Claimed Mysterious Old Person (Unknown power)
23 [m] Zippedpinhead - Claimed Vanilla

Ok, so our mysterious role blocker is scum then. Writing out all the roles did make me think town was a bit stacked, and with a RB on top of all that. Seath and Van claimed blocked on the same night, and both have flipped town, so they must exist. Which also means that Freak won't get his shot tonight.

Interesting that Squidy is claiming someone who can be invited to the chapel in game. Did the invite affect your role at all?

roytheone

I definitely think the last HC scum is between Zipped and camjo. Freakingchair is pretty much confirmed town. Crimson's power is confirmed and that would be a weird power for a hidden partner to have imo. I still think squidyj was checked by nudull on night 1. So that leaves zipped and camjo.

Zipped:

-very low key player
-was very focused on hobohodo/flame_ac throught the whole game
-He calls out ri'orius a little bit on day 1, but doesn't vote on him.
- His main suspects on day 2 were hobohodo, kalor, JQK, camjo-z and MickD
- He thought haly was town. Wasn't sure about weemad, had to read up on them, but never actually returns with the results of that.
- Pretty heavily against JQK
- Has a weird bandwagon vote on me, gives no reason except "its a bandwagon vote"
- Had some weird gambit about pretending he wasn't sure chair was town as some kind of trap?
- Thinks Vanguard, me and squidyj are all not scum
- Votes on squidyj purely as a counter vote.

Zipped looks very scummy looking at this, however, he doesn't feel like a hidden partner to me. I would expect a hidden partner to be a bit more active in order to get scum's attention. If we have more scum besides the hidden partner left, Zipped is a prime candidate, but he is not my main hidden partner suspect.

Camjo:

-Way more active then zipped
-Had that weird last minute vote to create a tie, while a HC member was on the block.
- Was pretty vocally against a verilios lynch throughout the whole game.
- Kept doubting chair was the vig for a pretty long time, only when I pointed to almost irrefutable proof in kristoffers role pm he let that go.
- Was pretty against weemad, especially after their role claim. This reminds me a bit of me in HP, where after crab made a roleclaim that was doomed to fail eventually, I was one of the main attackers of him to try and get some benefit from when he eventually would get outed as scum.
- Was agaibnst JQK.
- Jumped on me for being healed, but jumped off when squidyj outed it as a gambit.

However, the big thing that caught my eye when re-reading his posts, was this:

(Pre-typed message below, #hatersgonnahate)

Alright, we have....four new faces in here it looks like and a few semi-new players fresh off of their success or failures in season 5.5. This advice is a good reminder for vets and newbies alike regardless of how much some people want to call this annoying or otherwise useless. So here we go, this is DAY 1 people. In 95% of circumstances, there is exactly zero reason to claim unless we are in the final stretch of the day and you are an important PR that needs to be saved but that's an absolute last resort. Depending on the PR set up, it does us no good if you claim doctor when you are under very little or no pressure because then it is just an easy target for scum.

Which leads to the next point. One vote is not a lot of pressure, don't spill your life story just because someone put one vote on you. I will probably be the one putting out a ton of votes and yes, if I am voting for you (except for this first one) then there is probably a reason for my vote, maybe I do think you should be lynched, maybe I just want you to speak up more. Regardless, claiming instantly is not what I am looking for, that only hurts town in the long run.

So, RNG vote time to kick things off, this vote will solidify or be changed once the person named contributes a bit to the game. And we get number......6.....which is me so that's stupid since I don't vote for myself so let's try again.....4.

VOTE: MickD

Yes, I always feel that lynching day 1 is the correct answer. If we get to the very end of the day and there is absolutely 0 leads then maybe I'd consider a no lynch but agreeing on that at the beginning just lets scum coast through day 1.

This is extremely well reasoned and I don't really have much to say to it other than that. As our one full on newbie, I'm glad you've done your homework and you can feel free to suspect me or not as you will. I don't try to lead discussion but I am well aware that my high post count does tend to steer conversation so take that how you will and the best policy is always to fight me at every turn when you think something is wrong. I don't want sheep following me since I am wrong just as much as anyone else.

He copies some posts from sorian from my Batman game, a game where Sorian was.....scum. He even copies a post that was a direct response to weemad in that game.

I feel like your scum hunting technique is just to keep asking and hope someone finally says yes. If I told you I was mafia, would that make it easier on you?

So naturally, Weemad is the one to catch on:

Am i in batman mark ii? I had this exact conversation with Sorian, who...said yes, and wasn't lying. I swear you copy pasted his post.

Which Camjo responed with:

15375532.gif

well it was a good run. i was hoping to get through the whole day coasting on recycled sorian posts from batman but it seems i've been DISCOVERED

Now to be serious: all three games I've played so far have gotten a townie lynched on D1, and usually mafia are pushing it the hardest, so you know what? I say no lynch. We never get it right, it's inherently dumb due to complete randomness, and removing one possible candidate from the suspect pool isn't worth the rest of the negatives it brings.

VOTE: No Lynch

Camjo pretended to be a scum from another game, got called out by a real scum in this game, and then responds with the remark he got discovered. This may be a long shot, but I think this was camjo's way of signaling his hidden partner status to his fellow scum, Weemad in particular.

vote: Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

well... I was willing to consider voting camjo first but now I'm fairly convinced that killing zipped will end the game so we should roll with that.

as for me I'm a Lonely Old Person, and I won't say what my role entails except that I am not this roleblocker that has been previously mentioned.

There's no reason for secrecy at this point in the game unless you're trying to pull a gambit, as maf literally can't win unless they kill Freakinchair tonight. Feel free to share with the rest of the class.

Camjo pretended to be a scum from another game, got called out by a real scum in this game, and then responds with the remark he got discovered. This may be a long shot, but I think this was camjo's way of signaling his hidden partner status to his fellow scum, Weemad in particular.

I love it when people put more thought into my stupid jokes and "gambits" than I did. Makes it all worthwhile, really.

As for your other points:

1. Had that weird last minute vote to create a tie, while a HC member was on the block.
2. Was pretty vocally against a verilios lynch throughout the whole game.
3. Kept doubting chair was the vig for a pretty long time, only when I pointed to almost irrefutable proof in kristoffers role pm he let that go.
4. Was pretty against weemad, especially after their role claim. This reminds me a bit of me in HP, where after crab made a roleclaim that was doomed to fail eventually, I was one of the main attackers of him to try and get some benefit from when he eventually would get outed as scum.
5. Jumped on me for being healed, but jumped off when squidyj outed it as a gambit.

1. The last minute tie I'll give you. It looks bad, but I knew that when I was doing it. I really thought it would help town to not lynch somebody D1.
2. The only times I was against a Verelios lynch are the times when there was someone else I thought was scummier... and both times they were Mensis, wahey! Also, Kris going super hard after Verelios felt a bit weird, plus he was playing so defensively that I assumed a scum team would never let him run wild like that. But you know what they say about assuming... it makes an ASS out of U and MING!
3. I don't see how keeping all options on the table until irrefutable proof is presented is a bad thing.
4. I went hard on weemad cuz weemad was scummy, and this was a day before the roleclaim. If I was looking to bus someone I'd join a lynch on the lost cause Verelios, not the person with relatively little suspicion in comparison.
5. Me calling out your lie that was conveniently concocted just after people started considering lynching converted players is somehow a point against me? Owah?

Camjo-Z

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

Let's finish this. If he turns out to not be the last scum I'll shoot camjo.

wow rude

w/e I was going to suspect Zipped anyway, maf has been pretty obviously scummy all game so maybe it really is that easy. If he's somehow not the last one, point my clammy corpse's finger of suspicion at squidy for his lack of roleclaim info.

wow rude

w/e I was going to suspect Zipped anyway, maf has been pretty obviously scummy all game so maybe it really is that easy. If he's somehow not the last one, point my clammy corpse's finger of suspicion at squidy for his lack of roleclaim info.

Let's finish this. If he turns out to not be the last scum I'll shoot camjo.

When I pop up town let's hope we don't lose, regardless on who you target.

I'm going to side with Roy, can't split votes when I'm a target (and I'm town so I don't want a mislynch)

So that's 3-2, it's not majority (yet). Crimsonfist you can kill me or we make a case for a different target.

I'm against squidyj more than camjo, but I can afford to not vote with others since I am town and I'm pretty sure that scum is targeting me because they think I have a role that allowed me to get two scum players identified.

I've been low key because this game is terribly confusing, no one ever tried to invite me, or convert me or any other mechanic of this game.

I feel like I started traveling into this city to go to a bar, realized too late I was at the wrong city/bar and got stuck with all these blood beasts and death surrounding me...

If Camjo really was signalling scum with those opening posts I'll be very impressed, but kill counts make it seem like scum never recruited their hidden partner.

Although with a doctor/jailer there could always have been a missing kill at some other point.

If Camjo really was signalling scum with those opening posts I'll be very impressed, but kill counts make it seem like scum never recruited their hidden partner.

Although with a doctor/jailer there could always have been a missing kill at some other point.

Well you have to ask yourself two questions

1) are we really in MYLO (if yes killing me loses us the game)

2) is there another better candidate then me. Personally I would vote squidyj over camjo-Z. I literally can't unless both you and Roy back me up. My vote is tied to any other viable alternative to myself. I think you, Roy and freakinchair are town. So that leaves camjo and squidyj. I agree camjo's open makes him less likely to be scum than squidyj.

Of course freak, you know to try to shoot camjo tonight yes?

Freakinchair, don't listen to squidyj he is likely going to kill you tonight.

His power likely only fails if you target each other... It's a relatively common mechanic with scum role blockers (notably coming up in When Death Is On The Line).

Or just vote for who you want and don't give anyone extra weight on your decision. It will matter especially if today is MYLO (you hitting and town missing on me just pushes MYLO another day)

squidyj

There's no reason for secrecy at this point in the game unless you're trying to pull a gambit, as maf literally can't win unless they kill Freakinchair tonight. Feel free to share with the rest of the class.

I love it when people put more thought into my stupid jokes and "gambits" than I did. Makes it all worthwhile, really.

As for your other points:

1. The last minute tie I'll give you. It looks bad, but I knew that when I was doing it. I really thought it would help town to not lynch somebody D1.
2. The only times I was against a Verelios lynch are the times when there was someone else I thought was scummier... and both times they were Mensis, wahey! Also, Kris going super hard after Verelios felt a bit weird, plus he was playing so defensively that I assumed a scum team would never let him run wild like that. But you know what they say about assuming... it makes an ASS out of U and MING!
3. I don't see how keeping all options on the table until irrefutable proof is presented is a bad thing.
4. I went hard on weemad cuz weemad was scummy, and this was a day before the roleclaim. If I was looking to bus someone I'd join a lynch on the lost cause Verelios, not the person with relatively little suspicion in comparison.
5. Me calling out your lie that was conveniently concocted just after people started considering lynching converted players is somehow a point against me? Owah?

yeah, they're definitely going to kill freak with the information presented so far.

yes, how scummy I am, stating facts and all that business.

You are still the only person advocating a single target for freak. At this point I think only the role blocker benefits from directing freakingchair at a specific person (because it keeps the heat from falling on him).

Three, me, Squidy and Roy. I think you and Camjo are more likely to be scum, but it's certainly not impossible for either of them to be.

I'll give you that my low key play style this game is not ideal, but do you have more confirmation bias for camjo because he isn't in the chat and thus can't communicate with you as much? I'm just asking for you to look hard at those within the chapel. Sometimes the more we talk with someone the more we convince ourselves that they couldn't possibly be scum.

Squidy, is there any reason you aren't role claiming?

At this point are we to assume that you aren't role claiming because you can not role claim? Similar to kristoffer's inability to point fingers at his targets?

roytheone

I'll give you that my low key play style this game is not ideal, but do you have more confirmation bias for camjo because he isn't in the chat and thus can't communicate with you as much? I'm just asking for you to look hard at those within the chapel. Sometimes the more we talk with someone the more we convince ourselves that they couldn't possibly be scum.

At this point are we to assume that you aren't role claiming because you can not role claim? Similar to kristoffer's inability to point fingers at his targets?

Squidyj isn't particularly talkative in the chapel chat though. He barely says anything.

Top Bottom