• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I took a break from Bloodborne for a while and now just this second beat it. My first proper From Software experience and my god what a ride it was. Immediately jumping back into NG+. I expected it to come up and ask if I wanted ot start again but it didn't!

Spoilers of course but what is the true ending to this game? Or is there one?!
I consumed those 3 umbilical cord things and killed the moon presence at the end

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I took a break from Bloodborne for a while and now just this second beat it. My first proper From Software experience and my god what a ride it was. Immediately jumping back into NG+. I expected it to come up and ask if I wanted ot start again but it didn't!

Spoilers of course but what is the true ending to this game? Or is there one?!
I consumed those 3 umbilical cord things and killed the moon presence at the end

Many consider that to be the 'true ending' although imo all three endings are equally legitimate to be called that.

I've been playing these 2 days exclusively PvP (level 80, Nightmare Mensis) and having lots of fun....when the netcode works and you don't have to wait 10 min to get a match.

Is a shame, because PvP is definetly more FUN than any Dark Souls games (IMO), but the multiplayer system and netcode, is worse. I really hope the expansions fleshes the covenant system and improves the netcode.

Essay

I've been playing these 2 days exclusively PvP (level 80, Nightmare Mensis) and having lots of fun....when the netcode works and you don't have to wait 10 min to get a match.

Is a shame, because PvP is definetly more FUN than any Dark Souls games (IMO), but the multiplayer system and netcode, is worse. I really hope the expansions fleshes the covenant system and improves the netcode.

The netcode seems a lot better to me than DkS. Less noticeable lag, jankiness and phantom hitboxes. Much smoother overall. You seem to be having more of a problem with connectivity. Have you tried opening the ports on your router for your PS4?

Ferr986

I still kind of like Dark PvP more, especially because of invader's HP penalty . I absolutely hate that. So unfair...

Bloodborne is insanely rough on invaders. They finally let them heal the same as the host, but they have to deal with an HP penalty AND 80% of the time they have to fight a coop team.

The netcode seems a lot better to me than DkS. Less noticeable lag, jankiness and phantom hitboxes. Much smoother overall. You seem to be having more of a problem with connectivity. Have you tried opening the ports on your router for your PS4?

I kinda doubt is that, DkS2:SOTFS was much better overall, lag matches and shitty phantom hitboxes still happen, but is more prominent on BB. I guess the faster gameplay kinda makes minimum lag more apparent maybe...

I still kind of like Dark PvP more, especially because of invader's HP penalty . I absolutely hate that. So unfair...

True. Add to the baffling multiplayer choices.

I get co-op partners having less HP, to avoid making the game and bosses to easier to the host. But reducing invaders HP? specially when is so easy to find 2vs1 situations seeing how the bell system works.

If I beat a chalice dungeon and then remove the chalice is there any real consequences? Is that they only way to try out any of the other dungeons at that specific altar?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Bloodborne is insanely rough on invaders. They finally let them heal the same as the host, but they have to deal with an HP penalty AND 80% of the time they have to fight a coop team.
So... just like Demon's Souls. xD Except it's 80% instead of 50% (or 75% with a sacrificed ring slot).

NEO0MJ

Yeah makes sense. I wanted to beat him with the Burial Blade, guess it made it more difficult since you can't buff the thing.

I saved a bunch of blood things just in case I wanted to buff any end game weapon. Allowed me to jump into the game immediately with that weapon. Though I now mostly dropped Bloodborne in favor of Splatoon. Two playthroughs is enough for now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just some random musings:

LaughingBanana's Personal Bloodborne Trick Weapons Ranking, IMHO edition:

1. Burial Blade and Threaded Cane, both equally deserving in the top spot. Burial Blade for its cool factor and knockdown power/reach, and Cane because the Whip Mode is just wayyyy too awesomeeee.
2. The Axe/Ludwig, I like them both in equal measure; the Axe in its incredible versatility and Ludwig in its sheer destructive power.
3. Saw Spear/Saw Cleaver, though I am biased towards Spear more than Cleaver.
4. Blade of Mercy. Unmatched in situations where it shines (staggering low-poise folks), but has too many situations where it's just not good/ideal for the job, imo.
5. Reiterpallasch.
6. Tonitrus (cool electricity and one of the strongest weapons in the game, with really ho-hum movesets, however.)
7. Kirkhammer. (the absolute best in terms of looks and concept but alas, not too versatile and the necessity to hit the "sweet spot" for maximum damage in its Hammer form can be annoying)
8. Logarius Wheel (too slow)
9. Rifle Spear (limited use except its charge R2 attack that can really, really, and I do mean really shine in select circumstances)
10. Chikage (don't like the health-draining aspect of it, I feel it is really an unnecessary quirk and can be really dangerous because of it)
11. Stake Driver: everything about this weapon is bad imo, except that it looks badass.

Can't comment on the Beast Claw since I haven't found it yet (too lazy to do Chalice Dungeons, mehhhh)

I saved a bunch of blood things just in case I wanted to buff any end game weapon. Allowed me to jump into the game immediately with that weapon. Though I now mostly dropped Bloodborne in favor of Splatoon. Two playthroughs is enough for now.
By buff I mean you can't put fire paper or bolt paper on it. I was able to level it up to +8 with the stuff I saved up for it.

CmdBash

been a bit out of the loop with bloodborne, have they patched up the performance issues yet? hoping to get back into it soon after exams.

Still stuck on Logarius and Erbietas, so I went back to Ya'hargul and finally beat those three fuckin hunters. I made it a bit further before dying, but I didn't think this area was going to be so big! It's a pretty tough area too.

Still stuck on Logarius and Erbietas, so I went back to Ya'hargul and finally beat those three fuckin hunters. I made it a bit further before dying, but I didn't think this area was going to be so big! It's a pretty tough area too.
With Ebrietas strap on some bolt paper and do your best to not be in front of her. Keep wailing on her backside and roll when you see her attacking, don't stay locked on. With Logarius do your best to avoid his ranged attacks and I think you're supposed to stay close to get him to switch to melee and keep parrying him. After that parry and destroy the sword on the ground to stop it from attacking you.

Joei

Arg, Paarl is giving the hardest f'n time. There are times I can get him down to his name with relative ease, which he immediately gets like 2 strikes in and kills me, and there are times where no amount of dodging does anything and I'm back at the loading screen in 15 seconds. So annoying.

Arg, Paarl is giving the hardest f'n time. There are times I can get him down to his name with relative ease, which he immediately gets like 2 strikes in and kills me, and there are times where no amount of dodging does anything and I'm back at the loading screen in 15 seconds. So annoying.
There's a rune in forbidden woods that helps bolt damage resistance. Just roll under him and attack his legs. Get him down if you can and if not get out of harms way before he does his area of effect attack.

Joei

There's a rune in forbidden woods that helps bolt damage resistance. Just roll under him and attack his legs. Get him down if you can and if not get out of harms way before he does his area of effect attack.

It's funny cause I seriously spent around 2 hours trying, then leveling up a little bit then trying some more before that post. Within 15 min. of me rage complaining, I beat him, lol. Somehow when he got to about 25% health, I got him backed in a corner and I was able to get under his legs and kill him.

It's funny cause I seriously spent around 2 hours trying, then leveling up a little bit then trying some more before that post. Within 15 min. of me rage complaining, I beat him, lol. Somehow when he got to about 25% health, I got him backed in a corner and I was able to get under his legs and kill him.
Oh that's good. He isn't that hard once you get the dodge timing.

With Ebrietas strap on some bolt paper and do your best to not be in front of her. Keep wailing on her backside and roll when you see her attacking, don't stay locked on. With Logarius do your best to avoid his ranged attacks and I think you're supposed to stay close to get him to switch to melee and keep parrying him. After that parry and destroy the sword on the ground to stop it from attacking you.

Ah I was trying to attack ebrietas's head for massive damage.

Yeah I've been doing that with Logarius he's just hard af haha. So relentless in his second phase. I like it though, he's reminding me of BSB's viciousness, and that's my favorite boss of the game thus far.

Ah I was trying to attack ebrietas's head for massive damage.

Yeah I've been doing that with Logarius he's just hard af haha. So relentless in his second phase. I like it though, he's reminding me of BSB's viciousness, and that's my favorite boss of the game thus far.
Oh yeah BSB is a relentless fucker. I can only imagine what NG+ Gascoigne is like. My favorite is probably Amelia for some odd reason.

Soulhouf

I think they did a great job in that regard. The penalty + placing a Bell Maiden when it's necessary and depending on the situation was a smart move.
Everybody complained because of the low level invaders in Undead Parish in Dark Souls. Well, here is a smart way to counter it instead of the goofy BS they did in Dark Souls II.

Amelia is the only boss I've had to co-op so far haha. She's awesome, but she was sooooo hard for me.
Damn. Amelia was the first boss that I felt helped get me into the groove with this game. I just kept my distance and watched her attack pattern. It's a very fun fight, sounds great too. There's something about the music and hearing her screech and wail all over the place that just makes it seem chaotic, not to mention all the sparks that come from her attacks.

Damn. Amelia was the first boss that I felt helped get me into the groove with this game. I just kept my distance and watched her attack pattern. It's a very fun fight, sounds great too. There's something about the music and hearing her screech and wail all over the place that just makes it seem chaotic, not to mention all the sparks that come from her attacks.

Yeah I regret co-oping her, but oh well. Her design was awesome as well. I love how she clutches the pendent through the fight.

Yeah I regret co-oping her, but oh well. Her design was awesome as well. I love how she clutches the pendent through the fight.
I didn't co-op any boss. I just gritted my teeth and did my best to get better at the battles. Some of these Chalice Dungeons are a different story. Layer 3 of Lower Pthumerian is like a fucking warzone and that's just the first god damn room. Keeper guard dogs, those weird flaming rock shooting alien things, bell maiden, keeper of the old lord and god knows what else because I can't survive the first room, place is madness.

Just some random musings:

LaughingBanana's Personal Bloodborne Trick Weapons Ranking, IMHO edition:

1. Burial Blade

Burial Blade OP please nerf FromSoft

That weapon does seem very powerful. 3/4 PVP encounters I have with Burial Blade weilders I get rekt. I'm rocking the Chikage, btw. The bloodtinge/skill build can be very dangerous with an ashed up Evelyn to complement your Chikage. It's extremely effective for finishing off those wanting to heal themselves.

Burial Blade OP please nerf FromSoft

That weapon does seem very powerful. 3/4 PVP encounters I have with Burial Blade weilders I get rekt. I'm rocking the Chikage, btw. The bloodtinge/skill build can be very dangerous with an ashed up Evelyn to complement your Chikage. It's extremely effective for finishing off those wanting to heal themselves.
I've fought 2 burial blade users and owned the shit out of them. The weapon doesn't seem that op to me.

NEO0MJ

It's the Souls way. I've been doing that for every other one though so I don't feel too bad especially since I co-op'd way too many bosses in Dark Souls like a babby

Ultimate dishonor!

tumblr_mqpcv92gCr1stg4aco1_250.gif

Melchiah

It's the Souls way. I've been doing that for every other one though so I don't feel too bad especially since I co-op'd way too many bosses in Dark Souls like a babby

Don't feel bad I use video walkthroughs.

I only co-op'd the Ihyll chalice bosses, but I used a plenty of video walkthroughs and guides for the bosses. There's no shame in using whatever method that suits you the best, instead of grinding your teeth for not getting anywhere.

I only co-op'd the Ihyll chalice bosses, but I used a plenty of video walkthroughs and guides for the bosses. There's no shame in using whatever method that suits you the best, instead of grinding your teeth for not getting anywhere.
With demon's souls the walkthroughs are practically needed from what I remember. With all those traps and blind falls, that game was crazy.

NEO0MJ

With demon's souls the walkthroughs are practically needed from what I remember. With all those traps and blind falls, that game was crazy.

I play all Soul games without a guide or summoning, but I was tempted with that game. World Tendency was another annoying thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
he really only has
the one reborn boss battle. and nightmare of mensis
to complete. you'd call that 25-35% of the game?

i think it's pretty obvious when the end-game is about to begin
Hm, that's where I am (I beat
the one reborn
).

I know there's a ton of optional stuff I missed (though I've done some for sure) and I really don't want to beat the game without realizing it. How do I recognize the point of no return? Should I not go through NoM yet?

I definitely missed some stuff prior to killing Rom, but whatever. Things I know I want to see but have no idea how or where to go:
  • Patches after he knocked me into the pit, I know I can see him again, where?
  • How to find Iosefka's clinic. Is it where all the Celestials were in the Forbidden Woods? I hate that area, haha.
  • More Alfred/Logarius stuff? I've only spoken to Alfred a couple of times...
and anything else I should really see first playthrough that I don't know about. point me in the right direction(s)?

Melchiah

I also used guides for NPCs and optional areas/bosses, because I didn't want to miss a thing on my first walkthrough. At the time I didn't know I'd be replaying the game.

Vossler

Hm, that's where I am (I beat
the one reborn
).

I know there's a ton of optional stuff I missed (though I've done some for sure) and I really don't want to beat the game without realizing it. How do I recognize the point of no return? Should I not go through NoM yet?

I definitely missed some stuff prior to killing Rom, but whatever. Things I know I want to see but have no idea how or where to go:
  • Patches after he knocked me into the pit, I know I can see him again, where?
  • How to find Iosefka's clinic. Is it where all the Celestials were in the Forbidden Woods? I hate that area, haha.
  • More Alfred/Logarius stuff? I've only spoken to Alfred a couple of times...
and anything else I should really see first playthrough that I don't know about. point me in the right direction(s)?

Spoiler 1 - you can talk to him after you beat the one reborn - go up the stairs and inspect the mummy

Spoiler 2 - it is a back entrance out of the Forbidden woods - look it up on the wiki, it explains how to get there

Spolier 3 - still working on that myself, I assume you have beaten Castle Cainhurst?

Last one - I'm working on clearing out the Upper Cathedral Ward, and then will head to probably fight amgydala - wiki also has a good layout of where to go at certain points.

Also - What's up man - long time no talk --- hit me up on PSN if you wanna co-op (this or Destiny) -- tlester19

Top Bottom