• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

aight but no matter what i should get skill to 50, vitality to 50 and endurance to a reasonable level (early 30ish?) and then prioritize what I want from there? Whether it be more endurance, arcane for BOM damage, strength for general damage or bloodtinge if I want to use my gun more?

they really need to make the bloodstains more visible :(

also nightmare of mensis reminds me of the eye of sauron
I'm still not sure if strength is for general damage, might really depend on the weapon you're using. Strength stat don't do shit for the BoM. Bloodtinge gives more damage to your gun along with a nice bloodtinge scaling blood gem. Arcane also increases the damage of molotov cocktails and other stuff I believe. I didn't really do much with arcane and I still think I have a pretty effective character. It's all based around what you really want.

Finally beat it! Just started NG+.

As a little side note, I deciced to do my NG+ with the Latin America Voice-over and I'm really digging it. Voice work is really well done.

I'm still not sure if strength is for general damage, might really depend on the weapon you're using. Strength stat don't do shit for the BoM. Bloodtinge gives more damage to your gun along with a nice bloodtinge scaling blood gem. Arcane also increases the damage of molotov cocktails and other stuff I believe. I didn't really do much with arcane and I still think I have a pretty effective character. It's all based around what you really want.
What about strength affecting the TC?

It barely benefits from strength. Ludwig's Holy Blade though gains a lot from strength and Skill.
So then my allocation should be Endurance and Vitality at 50, Endurance at a decent level and then boost arcane? If I'm rolling BOM and TC.

Edit: had a dream last night that I got my money back from this girl that owes me... but it was in blood echoes. Nice, nice.

So then my allocation should be Endurance and Vitality at 50, Endurance at a decent level and then boost arcane? If I'm rolling BOM and TC.

Edit: had a dream last night that I got my money back from this girl that owes me... but it was in blood echoes. Nice, nice.
A good endurance level is good if you want to use the Burial Blade since it eats up stamina.

I'm on NG+ and I was going back and doing things I never did on my original run. I missed the best bosses. I really liked Logarius and just finished Ebrietas. Ebrietas gave me so much trouble. I must have spent two hours on that boss. It was so intense when I did actually beat it too. I got killed when she had the tiniest centimeter of health but I managed to hit her too and we both died in a blaze of glory.

I'm stuck on BSB in the chalice dungeon though. That damn third stage.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

BoM has no scaling at all in Str so if you want to make it stronger past 50 Skl it'd be best yes to raise Arcane. *However* do note if you want to use Burial Blade, despite its D in Str and B in Arcane, you'd actually benefit more in raising Str than Arcane.

TC gets attack power upgrade from Skl and a little from Str.

What about strength affecting the TC?

It affetcs L2 attacks outside the STR scaling but since TC doesnt have L2 is kinda worthless and dont raise the damage that much like SKILL.

I'm on NG+ and I was going back and doing things I never did on my original run. I missed the best bosses. I really liked Logarius and just finished Ebrietas. Ebrietas gave me so much trouble. I must have spent two hours on that boss. It was so intense when I did actually beat it too. I got killed when she had the tiniest centimeter of health but I managed to hit her too and we both died in a blaze of glory.

Chalices starts to get harder in the third chalice

If you think Hintertomb is bad have fun in Central Pthumeru...depending on leveling Hintertomb shouldn't even be that bad on NG+

Just got this game a couple of days ago. I'm taking my time. Killed the Cleric Beast on my 2nd try. Unlocked all of the shortcuts in Central Yarnham, and just running around learning the level, getting souls to level up. So far I have only leveled up End and Vit. Can't decide if I want to commit to Strength or Skill based weapons. I think I have all of the weapons unlocked that I can unlock at this point. I killed the Crow Hunter via cheese, but damn, 40k for the BoM?

Attempted Gascoigne a couple times and died. In general, with all enemies, I am having a hard time with parry timing. I watched a couple of vids, but still the timing seems tricky. Do I hit parry as SOON as the enemy starts the windup animation? Or do I need to wait a few frames? And damn, the punish for missed parries is brutal with some enemies, especially since I can't seem to land them consistently. Any tips?

Just got this game a couple of days ago. I'm taking my time. Killed the Cleric Beast on my 2nd try. Unlocked all of the shortcuts in Central Yarnham, and just running around learning the level, getting souls to level up. So far I have only leveled up End and Vit. Can't decide if I want to commit to Strength or Skill based weapons. I think I have all of the weapons unlocked that I can unlock at this point. I killed the Crow Hunter via cheese, but damn, 40k for the BoM?

Attempted Gascoigne a couple times and died. In general, with all enemies, I am having a hard time with parry timing. I watched a couple of vids, but still the timing seems tricky. Do I hit parry as SOON as the enemy starts the windup animation? Or do I need to wait a few frames? And damn, the punish for missed parries is brutal with some enemies, especially since I can't seem to land them consistently. Any tips?

Shame on you bro, shame on you. You missed a pretty cool rune

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Start over, lol. Eileen is fantastic and you are a murderer.

But okay, you asked about visceral/parry timing. Absolutely do not hit it as soon as the windup starts- ideally your bullet is hitting them right before you'd have been hit by their attack. However, bear in mind that not all enemies have the same windows in which it will count. Some are very generous, while others are incredibly difficult to parry.

The giants you can find throughout Central Yharnam with big hammers are good practice.

About Gascoigne in particular, depending on how much you want/care to spoil-
Do you have the Music Box?

Start over, lol. Eileen is fantastic and you are a murderer.

But okay, you asked about visceral/parry timing. Absolutely do not hit it as soon as the windup starts- ideally your bullet is hitting them right before you'd have been hit by their attack. However, bear in mind that not all enemies have the same windows in which it will count. Some are very generous, while others are incredibly difficult to parry.

The giants you can find throughout Central Yharnam with big hammers are good practice.

About Gascoigne in particular, depending on how much you want/care to spoil-
Do you have the Music Box?

Honestly at this point starting over wouldn't be terrible, now that I know the level pretty well. But anyway, thank you for the tip, that was helpful. Parry right before getting hit, not right at the windup. Of course there's a few frames of animation between hitting the parry button and actually firing the gun, so I will keep that in mind. Thank you again.

Oh and I don't have that item yet, but I know where it is. How do secondary quests work in this game anyway? Is there any reason not to accept them all?

Finished the game today and I'm not sure if I got the good ending.

Spoilers
I chose to kill the dude in the wheelchair. Thanks to youtube seems the best ending is the one in which you become a slug. Huh.

I wish I could roam the world in NG+ without having to rediscover spawning points. I have so many things and bosses that I left unchecked and so little time and will to replay the game all over again.

Finished the game today and I'm not sure if I got the good ending.

Spoilers
I chose to kill the dude in the wheelchair. Thanks to youtube seems the best ending is the one in which you become a slug. Huh.

I wish I could roam the world in NG+ without having to rediscover spawning points. I have so many things and bosses that I left unchecked and so little time and will to replay the game all over again.

There is no god or bad ending, your ending is about you survived
the hunt night

Yessssss finally beat Logarius YESSSSSSSS. His move set really isn't that tough just his second form keeps you on your toes with his speed and his scythe's range.

Now I just gotta beat Paarl and Erbietras and then on to nightmare of mensis!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yessssss finally beat Logarius YESSSSSSSS. His move set really isn't that tough just his second form keeps you on your toes with his speed and his scythe's range.

Now I just gotta beat Paarl and Erbietras and then on to nightmare of mensis!

What he's still doing there on that point of game, lol.

If you lose against him at that point of the game--hell, if you got scratched by him--shame on you! :p

patchday

Yo guys how does the new summon patch work now? Say if I'm L25 and I invite my L100 friend into my game. Will he still be L100? Havent played after the coop patch where they removed level restrictions

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yo guys how does the new summon patch work now? Say if I'm L25 and I invite my L100 friend into my game. Will he still be L100? Havent played after the coop patch where they removed level restrictions

Yeah, so long as you both use the same password.

Makes for some hilarious moments of invasions since invaders are still limited by the beckoner's level and doesn't count on the level of the cooperator, lol.

Donos

Only goal after the Plat. now is to beat the Terminator Jesus Hunter in NG+ the Cathedral Ward who slapped Eileen. In a legit fight (maybe even without parry...)

What do you think, how long it would take to rush to him in NG+, from the beginning (till Rom)? 5-6 hours ? Going to use the burial blade for this sucker (need some chunks for +9).

I'm getting g nervous as to what it's going to take to finish this off. I've been doing everything solo.

I've already passed Hinter though. I'm in Ailing Loran

Defiled chalice. The true Bloodborne starts there :).

Soulhouf

Ah, it's that one. Never heard of it being referred to as "desert" chalice. ;)

Actually the Loran Chalice is the desert one:

"Loran is a tragic land that was devoured by the sands.
The tragedy that struck this ailing land of Loran is said to have its root in the scourge of the beast.
Some have made the dreaded extrapolation that Yharnam will be next."

Isz Chalice is the one that has beautiful colored myst.

dralla

Hot damn, talk about difficulty spike. I've been playing through the game without too much trouble, aside from a few boss fights here and there. And I got to
Daughter of the Cosmos
and was getting destroyed. I can not dodge that charge attack and it is killing me. I figured I was too low level (70) so I went over to Cainhurst and now I'm up to the boss there. He kicked my ass a few times. Feels good, man

Hot damn, talk about difficulty spike. I've been playing through the game without too much trouble, aside from a few boss fights here and there. And I got to
Daughter of the Cosmos
and was getting destroyed. I can not dodge that charge attack and it is killing me. I figured I was too low level (70) so I went over to Cainhurst and now I'm up to the boss there. He kicked my ass a few times. Feels good, man

I didn't fight her till NG+ and she destroyed me. Took me a solid two hours. At least. That third phase had my number. If you're talking about that beam, I just ran in a big circle and was able to avoid it pretty successfully and if you stay close to her she won't do it.

Now she's back in a chalice. Why they gotta do that to me

dralla

I didn't fight her till NG+ and she destroyed me. Took me a solid two hours. At least. That third phase had my number.

Now she's back in a chalice. Why they gotta do that to me

Yea man, it was going real well, got her down to about a quarter health and I really thought I was gonna take her down. Then she starts going berserk and..shit :( I burn through all my blood vials when I fighter her too, so I have re-stock after a couple attempts. That's probably the most frustrating part. Estus flask refills at bonfires, how I miss you

Ah, it's that one. Never heard of it being referred to as "desert" chalice. ;)

Actually the Loran Chalice is the desert one:

"Loran is a tragic land that was devoured by the sands.
The tragedy that struck this ailing land of Loran is said to have its root in the scourge of the beast.
Some have made the dreaded extrapolation that Yharnam will be next."

Isz Chalice is the one that has beautiful colored myst.

Ah the mist chalice I dont remember it so much, Loran was a nice change of decoration

You can parry his attacks and do crazy damage. That's how I took him out. And I ran up the stairs to avoid the crowded graveyard.
I can get him down to his dog stage without losing a lot of health. But once he turns, he starts chasing me and I always end up dead.

dralla

I can get him down to his dog stage without losing a lot of health. But once he turns, he starts chasing me and I always end up dead.

Once I went up stairs I found his attacks a lot easier to dodge. He's definitely a pain though. If he gets you down once in his second form, you're screwed.

Also should I buy the kirkhammer or should I stick with my hunter axe? I just started today again after not playing for a month.

Axe Hunter charged R2 is amazing for any situation, Kirkhammer do a lot of concussive damage but is kinda slower to recover so you would need some points in endurance.

So I just started the game and I think I attacked Eileen The Crow. Now every time I go near her she starts attacking me. Is there no way to just talk to her now?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bah, been wiping on Blood-Starved Beast today, he's so fucking hard. I just got him to like 30% but ran out of pots because I only went in with like 13, sigh. I can't handle more Bloodborne today but next time I play I need to make sure I go in with 20 of everything.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I'm reading Blood-Starved is optional? Where else would I go to progress? I can't seem to find anywhere that isn't gated or locked.

So I just started the game and I think I attacked Eileen The Crow. Now every time I go near her she starts attacking me. Is there no way to just talk to her now?

Nope. Once an NPC is aggro'd, they never change back. No absolving sins to reset NPC status like in Dark Souls, either.

No, She will be always hostile until you kill
Rom
, she disappears from the game after that .

So yeah, you have to kill her or new game

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
At least you asked rather than just murdering her!

Man... I'm so glad I never asked "How do you get to Cainhurst Castle?" in here. The answer is so freaky cool.

Top Bottom