• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

Wouldn't all damage suit this weapon better?

ATK up gems are best for every weapon so yeah but you deal most damage with 2H mode that does blood damage and ATK up gems are rather rare.

edit.
I use only the regular version since I don't see any need to go through bunch of chalices for Lost version.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So.. im on a crossroad:
On one end: Blood-Starved Beast, killed me 3 times already
On the other end: Vicar Amelia, i have no chances.

There's also a path to a huge creepy forest that im afraid to explore... and then there's a path that leads to me a Hunter... which im also afraid to face.

What a game!
Anyone wanna play some Co Op tonite?

First off, hello there. First post in this community. I am absolutely loving this game.

I do have a couple questions. To give a sense of where I am - I am currently in Yahar'Gul, and I believe I've done most of the side stuff up to this point (Cainhurst, Eileen, Alfred all complete).

My first question is can I or should I sell my lower quality blood gems? It's getting to be a somewhat painstaking process to scroll through so many useless gems at this point. My second question is what would be whether or not I can upgrade a weapon past +6 without worrying about the materials. The chunks have been really limited thus far, and I am hesitant to upgrade one of my current weapons as a result.

The second question is an issue because I am not really in love with any weapon at this point. I use the rifle spear to cheese some enemies with charge attacks, and I have the saw spear and ludwig as my main but am underwhelmed by both.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My first question is can I or should I sell my lower quality blood gems?
It's getting to be a somewhat painstaking process to scroll through so many useless gems at this point.
Go for it.

My second question is what would be whether or not I can upgrade a weapon past +6 without worrying about the materials. The chunks have been really limited thus far, and I am hesitant to upgrade one of my current weapons as a result.
Chunks are indeed limited. Choose carefully.

The second question is an issue because I am not really in love with any weapon at this point. I use the rifle spear to cheese some enemies with charge attacks, and I have the saw spear and ludwig as my main but am underwhelmed by both.
I'm not sure how one could be underwhelmed by Ludwig's. ^^ That thing is a monster.

FireCloud

Well, I finally got my platinum on BB a couple of nights ago! So satisfying. At times I didn't know if I would make it through the Chalice Dungeons.

I had put off on fighting Mergo's Wet Nurse until I had completed the dungeons. Once I finished those, I was able to do the three endings without too much trouble using my PS+ cloud save. However, now that I'm into NG+, I hate that I don't have any lamps lit to be able to co-op with friends.

I've also picked up several new games since starting BB that could use my attention: ESOL, Batman: AK, and DriveClub PS+ Ed. But I don't know if I'm ready to let go of BB yet. There probably should be a help group for people coming off of their BB addiction.

First off, hello there. First post in this community. I am absolutely loving this game.

I do have a couple questions. To give a sense of where I am - I am currently in Yahar'Gul, and I believe I've done most of the side stuff up to this point (Cainhurst, Eileen, Alfred all complete).

My first question is can I or should I sell my lower quality blood gems? It's getting to be a somewhat painstaking process to scroll through so many useless gems at this point. My second question is what would be whether or not I can upgrade a weapon past +6 without worrying about the materials. The chunks have been really limited thus far, and I am hesitant to upgrade one of my current weapons as a result.

For your blood gems, why don't you just put them in your storage in the Hunter's Workshop? (Sure, you'll have to scroll through them there but they will be out of your inventory)

Don't really have an answer to your second question. It depends on how many upgrades you've made to other weapons. I know in my game, there were definitely some weapons I wish I wouldn't have upgraded so I could have used those resources on other weapons. But your answer to which or how many weapons to upgrade will differ with each player. Yes, blood chunks are limited and blood rocks are extremely so. Edit: So as Morrigan said wisely "Choose carefully" (If I understood your question)

I'm not sure how one could be underwhelmed by Ludwig's. ^^ That thing is a monster.

Maybe I am just poorly built for it at the moment. I am more balanced at the moment so I don't have a ton of strength to take advantage of the scaling in that regard.

I just changed out the blood gems I had slotted for some better ones and it has already made a difference.

Thanks for the help!

FireCloud

Maybe I am just poorly built for it at the moment. I am more balanced at the moment so I don't have a ton of strength to take advantage of the scaling in that regard.

I just changed out the blood gems I had slotted for some better ones and it has already made a difference.

Thanks for the help!

I completed the game using the Saw Cleaver almost exclusively. However, I did carry Ludwig's Holy Blade as my secondary weapon for those enemies that were weak to thrust attacks. The Saw Cleaver doesn't have any thrust attacks (that I know of).

But I didn't like the feel of Ludwig's Blade. I've started using it more in my NG+ but I don't know if I can get use to the difference in attack speed of it compared to the Saw Cleaver. I thought it may just be a matter of practice with it but I don't know.

I completed the game using the Saw Cleaver almost exclusively. However, I did carry Ludwig's Holy Blade as my secondary weapon for those enemies that were weak to thrust attacks. The Saw Cleaver doesn't have any thrust attacks (that I know of).

But I didn't like the feel of Ludwig's Blade. I've started using it more in my NG+ but I don't know if I can get use to the difference in attack speed of it compared to the Saw Cleaver. I thought it may just be a matter of practice with it but I don't know.

It really does take adjusting. I was using Saw Cleavers too and tried to switch to Ludwig's but it felt way too slow and clunky. But after I got used to it and how powerful it is, it was so hard to go back to use anything else. That thing is on another level.

rando14

So.. im on a crossroad:

There's also a path to a huge creepy forest that im afraid to explore... and then there's a path that leads to me a Hunter... which im also afraid to face.

What a game!

I'd be interested!! Psn Nipun49

Soulhouf

Wouldn't all damage suit this weapon better?

ATK up gems are best for every weapon so yeah but you deal most damage with 2H mode that does blood damage and ATK up gems are rather rare.

edit.
I use only the regular version since I don't see any need to go through bunch of chalices for Lost version.

Actually physical gems for some reason increase the bloodtinge damage as well.
I guess it's a bug but right now there is no reason to get the Lost Chikage over the regular one.

Spent 2 hours fighting a hunter with a Chikage. Was fucking amazing. Everything looked so cool. I don't think I can go back to Souls after the shit I've witnessed. Reminds of Satsuki except the Chikage moveset looks soooo much better.

Fuck that guy though. I'm not annoyed in how he can heal, or how much HP he as, or how he can two shot me with the Chikage or how he has teleportation DWGR shit......but his gun....WTF. 1 shot takes away 60% of my health. Its stronger than his fucking sword ffs.

I will kill him though.

FireCloud

Spent 2 hours fighting a hunter with a Chikage. Was fucking amazing. Everything looked so cool. I don't think I can go back to Souls after the shit I've witnessed. Reminds of Satsuki except the Chikage moveset looks soooo much better.

Fuck that guy though. I'm not annoyed in how he can heal, or how much HP he as, or how he can two shot me with the Chikage or how he has teleportation DWGR shit......but his gun....WTF. 1 shot takes away 60% of my health. Its stronger than his fucking sword ffs.

I will kill him though.

Yes, he was a royal pain! It used to be that you could get him to kill himself by drawing his Chikage and slowly draining his own health but I don't know if that was patched out. He didn't do it for me. That encounter taught me the importance of being patient. Every time I'd get him down to a sliver of health, I'd rush in and try to finish it...and he'd two shot me. You'd think that after that many tries, I'd learn. Well, it took quite a few before I learned. For me, he was more difficult than some of the actual bosses.

Someone was telling me that that hunter may actually have lvl 99 in all of his stats. Beating him (honestly) is definitely an accomplishment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I will kill him though.
Toughest fight for me out of anything in this game or the souls games so far. Or at least the toughest 1v1 encounter. I for one was pretty pissed he could heal, lol.

He can easily be cheesed though I will say that beating him legit, which I only accomplished after becoming extremely aggressive and doing 5 or 6 visceral attacks over the course of the fight, was an incredibly satisfying moment. My effective reward was the Blades of Mercy, too, which I love.

I just got done with the Lower Hintertomb dungeon. How many versions of Pthumeran Descendant are there? The one in there was quite different.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I guess the frame pacing issue isn't ever getting addressed? Been months of waiting.

I am all over the map with this game. I beat that hunter with the Chikage at around level 50 after about 5 or so tries. I felt pretty good about myself at the time. I've also beaten some of the bosses with 0 or 1 death.

But I've also gotten shit on by Paarl about 10 times, and it just took me over a handful to beat the One Reborn when it looks like I might be the only person to have ever died to that boss let alone multiple times.

Basically, this is me to myself every 2 or 3 bosses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi1LMIUOOAI

The first part of Nightmare of Mensis is balls, but once you get inside its fucking awesome. Love the atmosphere, and Micolash is a really cool boss fight.

Also, those crow/dog hybrids are horrifying.

The first part of Nightmare of Mensis is balls, but once you get inside its fucking awesome. Love the atmosphere, and Micolash is a really cool boss fight.

Also, those crow/dog hybrids are horrifying.
The crazed howling of Micolash is fucking hilarious. Like what the hell was the voice actor on during that recording session?

He was high on the nightmare man. Yeah it was campy as hell. He killed me with his laser blast thing but he seems like a pretty easy boss.
After dealing with that attack in Byrgenworth from that hunter it's not that hard to dodge, just keep moving in the opposite direction of where they are facing is usually my game plan, usually works too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My first try on Mico was like 20 minutes because I had no idea what to do, and I wiped on 5%. I yelled so loud at the TV I thought I'd never yell again lol.

Guys, is Tonitrus worth buying for me? It looks so fucking cool so I hope so. I'm currently using a Holy Blade at +9 (kept fucking dying trying to get the +10 item). I don't have any other weapon right now so I kinda want to have an alt that will go well with the Holy Blade.

He was high on the nightmare man. Yeah it was campy as hell. He killed me with his laser blast thing but he seems like a pretty easy boss.

I did him today, and
shooting him when he's casting stops the cast, it makes the fight so much easier.

So.. im on a crossroad:

What a game!

I'd be down.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My PSN ID: Fersis_4

Im gonna be online after dinner... in about an hour from now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sick of looking like an Assassin Creed wannabe but all the sets I find have worse stats.

I'm sick of looking like an Assassin Creed wannabe but all the sets I find have worse stats.
Pay attention to the resistances. Half the time I'm either in Cainhurst or Bone Ash armor unless I need very specific resistances like either Arcane, which I needed for Chalice Rom which made me change to the Choir set or slow poison which usually has me change to the black church set (yes I know White church is better for that, but I like the way the black set looks better.). Pretty much each set excels at certain things.

Guys, is Tonitrus worth buying for me? It looks so fucking cool so I hope so. I'm currently using a Holy Blade at +9 (kept fucking dying trying to get the +10 item). I don't have any other weapon right now so I kinda want to have an alt that will go well with the Holy Blade.

You can find the Tonitrus in Unseen Village. It's at the far left end when you get outside the chapel or whatever it is where you were thrown in jail. I know those directions suck, so a video might be better to see where it's at.

dralla

Wow,
Witch of Hemlock
on NG+ was actually pretty difficult. She had new attacks and she killed me like 3 times before I took her down. Considering how easy she was in NG, that was quite a shock.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You can find the Tonitrus in Unseen Village. It's at the far left end when you get outside the chapel or whatever it is where you were thrown in jail. I know those directions suck, so a video might be better to see where it's at.

Oh, that'll save me some echoes. I really want to try it as it looks so cool.

myco666

Actually physical gems for some reason increase the bloodtinge damage as well.
I guess it's a bug but right now there is no reason to get the Lost Chikage over the regular one.

They do? Oh well then there is no reason to get the Lost version.

Abhorrent Beast is kicking my ass, GAF...halp!

You can always choose to use Poison him to death with knives but if you want to do it 'legit' then the best bet is hit once and go away since his moves are super fast and doesn't seem to stagger at all.

Hung Wei Lo

You can always choose to use Poison him to death with knives but if you want to do it 'legit' then the best bet is hit once and go away since his moves are super fast and doesn't seem to stagger at all.

I was afraid poison would be mentioned - my buddy was like "he was SO easy...blah blah blah poison knife"...not really my style, but it seems that the more aggressive I am with it, the better I do :/ I'll keep that in mind as a last resort though

I guess co-oping it would be just as bad/cheap?

edit: tuns out being super aggressive worked for me, especially dashing forward and taking a couple of pot shots. Things got hairy near the end, but the cannon + bone marrow ash saved my ass. Funny though, I was kinda running around like a chicken with its head cut off right at the end as I only had a couple of bullets left and didn't have time to make blood bullets/heal..and had to finish him off with a hail mary dash in and swipe

myco666

I was afraid poison would be mentioned - my buddy was like "he was SO easy...blah blah blah poison knife"...not really my style, but it seems that the more aggressive I am with it, the better I do :/ I'll keep that in mind as a last resort though

I guess co-oping it would be just as bad/cheap?

edit: tuns out being super aggressive worked for me, especially dashing forward and taking a couple of pot shots. Things got hairy near the end, but the cannon + bone marrow ash saved my ass. Funny though, I was kinda running around like a chicken with its head cut off right at the end as I only had a couple of bullets left and didn't have time to make blood bullets/heal..and had to finish him off with a hail mary dash in and swipe

I usually use poison knives as additional damage meaning that I poison him and then start attacking. Using only poison knives is really lame IMO but if nothing else works ot is fine to use them. Exploiting enemy weaknesses is big part of the game. Also good job on beating him.

2AdEPT

Abhorrent Beast is kicking my ass, GAF...halp!

Well there are other ways to do it, but I chose to use the poison knives as they are not going to completely cheese him but the extra health loss helps. I also chose to pick and choose his attacks to punish very selectively. The left hand punch is the easiet to see coming and there is no punishment to you if you miss....unlike with a majority of his other moves. Toward the end when he starts jumping at me I was able to pull off a visceral....once. Very tough boss though.....Good job.

Melchiah

Sigh, having so much trouble with Loran Darkbeast. Weirdest part is i facerolled him in the first encounter with no trouble.

I just realized I never got to Lower Ailing Loran, because I didn't beat Abhorrent Beast in the Ailing loran. =/ I did help another player beat AB in the Lower Loran though.

Finally conquered Cainhurst Castle last night thanks to the help of two great co-operators. The level itself isn't actually so hard, but Logarius caused me too much frustration!!

I have decided that I need to invest in the Cainhurst armour and the golden pyramid-head hat. No idea where I'm going to pick up that amount of blood echoes though :-(

When is a good time to start the chalice dungeons? I haven't touched them at all in the game so far and I'm not too sure what their purpose is...

Finally conquered Cainhurst Castle last night thanks to the help of two great co-operators. The level itself isn't actually so hard, but Logarius caused me too much frustration!!

I have decided that I need to invest in the Cainhurst armour and the golden pyramid-head hat. No idea where I'm going to pick up that amount of blood echoes though :-(

When is a good time to start the chalice dungeons? I haven't touched them at all in the game so far and I'm not too sure what their purpose is...
You can start them now. You'll probably breeze through them until you get to Lower Pthumeru cause that one is challenging.

You can find the Cainhurst garb in Cainhurst fo free though

Top Bottom