• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Good games with GoHard last night... but we got bopped by:
Vicar Amelia
Blood Starved Beast
Them Hunters

=/

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Whaaaat Imma have to peep that shit. Do the bath messengers sell it?

Yes, hahaha.

While the Knight Set is good against Blood attacks (one of the best, actually) but terribad at everything else, the Cainhurst set is quite good at Physical Defense while sort of mediocre everything else.

sam777

I have defeated Mergo's Wet Nurse, now I have a couple of options now regarding Gherman,
what should I do or what is recommended?
Thanks.

klee123

Anyone here actually enjoying the high level chalice dungeons?

I've gotten the Platinum a while ago, but almost every day, I feel compelled to load up BB again to do a few root chalice dungeons in hoping to get a good blood gem another blood rock. It also helps that it pays well, which is always a good thing!

Damn it! the DLC can't come soon enough!

Yes, hahaha.

While the Knight Set is good against Blood attacks (one of the best, actually) but terribad at everything else, the Cainhurst set is quite good at Physical Defense while sort of mediocre everything else.

Knight set looks so awesome though, especially on women. I pretty much use it all the time unless I need some sort of elemental or status resistance.

FireCloud

Abhorrent Beast is kicking my ass, GAF...halp!

I believe with that boss I used to lock on and circle it to the left while facing it. Once it commits to its attack, it should put you at either the boss's right side or behind it. Jump in and do one maybe two attacks and then jump back....repeat. Going by my fuzzy memory here so forgive me if I'm remembering the wrong strat for that boss.

Edit: Also, jumping back to try to avoid his attacks is not a good idea. Several attacks have very long reaches and a couple of hits can do you in. If anything, I found that rolling into its attacks were the better option but that requires you to be comfortable with timing those invulnerable frames you get when dodging.

Despera

Banned
Oh, I'm only one ending away from platinuming the game. While I don't care about trophies whatsoever, not going out of my way to get a platinum feels good man, and it's probably going to be my very first platinum at that.

Guess the requirements were reasonable. Good job dev team.

Heading into Nightmare of Mensis now on my first run through BB, still have ways to go (hopefully) before finishing this but I'm wondering now if I should start leveling up my skill as well as my strength? I pretty much use the saw cleaver exclusively (have Ludwig at +6 but it seems to do less damage) and right now my str/skl is something like 28/12, but I guess I should level up both now if I suddenly feel like doing a skill based run in NG+?

FireCloud

Thanks, I will back up my save and do both.

Actually, there are three endings.
One if you accept and two if you refuse. What determines which of the two endings you get if you refuse is based on whether you have collected and consumed three "third chords". So in mine, I made sure my save was backed up before going to fight Gherman for the first time and that I hadn't consumed three of the "third chords". Then try it once and accept the offer...then again and refuse the offer but not having consumed the chords...then the last time consume the chords before refusing Gherman.

Edit: Added so as not to double post ;-)...
Heading into Nightmare of Mensis now on my first run through BB, still have ways to go (hopefully) before finishing this but I'm wondering now if I should start leveling up my skill as well as my strength? I pretty much use the saw cleaver exclusively (have Ludwig at +6 but it seems to do less damage) and right now my str/skl is something like 28/12, but I guess I should level up both now if I suddenly feel like doing a skill based run in NG+?

I used the saw cleaver almost exclusively on my first play-through. SKL was the last stat I worked on after STR, then VIT, then END. I wouldn't say I maxed one before working on the others but I definitely worked on STR and VIT, and to a lesser degree END, before SKL. Also, bear in mind that 50 is the max for VIT, STR and SKL while 40 is the max for END that you'll want. After those levels, you don't see any benefit from increasing the levels of those stats. (except minor physical damage reduction)

I'm in NG+ and currently working on bloodtinge to take better advantage of Evelyn.

I used the saw cleaver almost exclusively on my first play-through. SKL was the last stat I worked on after STR, then VIT, then END. I wouldn't say I maxed one before working on the others but I definitely worked on STR and VIT, and to a lesser degree END, before SKL. Also, bear in mind that 50 is the max for VIT, END and STR while 40 is the max for END that you'll want. After those levels, you don't see any benefit from increasing the levels of those stats. (except minor physical damage reduction)

Thanks. Yeah, I've been trying to keep VIT/END/STR balanced with focus on VIT and STR, and it just now struck me that I might need to up my SKL if i want to try to use any skill based weapons and still stand a chance in NG+, but I'm sure there are ways to level up a lot more before NG+ anyway, and I still have yet to touch the chalice dungeons. This is my first "souls" game too so it's all kinda new to me

Best game I've played in years though. I feel like I'm about to get a stroke everytime I finish a boss after stress and rage culmination for hours

Thanks. Yeah, I've been trying to keep VIT/END/STR balanced with focus on VIT and STR, and it just now struck me that I might need to up my SKL if i want to try to use any skill based weapons and still stand a chance in NG+, but I'm sure there are ways to level up a lot more before NG+ anyway, and I still have yet to touch the chalice dungeons. This is my first "souls" game too so it's all kinda new to me

Best game I've played in years though. I feel like I'm about to get a stroke everytime I finish a boss after stress and rage culmination for hours
Ludwig's Holy Blade is the best weapon that uses both strength and skill. At 40 strength and 40 skill and a great cursed gem from the chalice dungeon, a normal strong attack does 862 damage per swing in two handed mode. That's not even the best it can do either.

Man just finished the first layer of Ailing Loran and I had to unretire my Blades of Mercy, thank god it was +9 and still pretty much up to the task. Those suped up werewolves needed to be stun locked and the Burial Blade is too slow for that to work, plus eats up too much stamina.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Keeping wiping on Martyr Logarius around 30%, fuck that guy.

FireCloud

Man just finished the first layer of Ailing Loran and I had to unretire my Blades of Mercy, thank god it was +9 and still pretty much up to the task. Those suped up werewolves needed to be stun locked and the Burial Blade is too slow for that to work, plus eats up too much stamina.

I understand entirely. Trying out some other weapons in NG+ after using the saw cleaver in the first playthough and it really makes you change your play style using those slower weapons. With the cleaver, I was able to wade in and keep most enemies stun locked until I finished them. However, with something like Ludwig's blade, I'm having to change and be less aggressive.

I'm keeping the cleaver as my secondary weapon in case I get into trouble. Probably shouldn't though, as it may become a crutch.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You can do a charge attack + visceral when he powers up. This will deny his buff and do bunch damage.

I kept missing it, I think next time I will try him as 2H, the 1H was just too short for me.

Oh and fuck stats, I was so sick of that Assassin's Creed cosplay, now I look bad ass!

CIbvDp0UcAAui-l.jpg:orig

I understand entirely. Trying out some other weapons in NG+ after using the saw cleaver in the first playthough and it really makes you change your play style using those slower weapons. With the cleaver, I was able to wade in and keep most enemies stun locked until I finished them. However, with something like Ludwig's blade, I'm having to change and be less aggressive.

I'm keeping the cleaver as my secondary weapon in case I get into trouble. Probably shouldn't though, as it may become a crutch.
I've been doing pretty good adapting to the Burial Blade, but those wolves in tight ass corridors need to be stun locked, period. Tried to fight one legit and those things are no joke. That and the BB is so big in scythe mode that it just bounces off the walls and in one hand mode it just doesn't hit fast enough and is a stamina drain.

SoldnerKei

men arriving to
Yahar'gul
really raised the stake for me lol

had somewhat hard time getting to the second lamp, and after that the good damn
hunters & chime maidens
hell, I went back and explored a bit the
Upper Cathedral Ward
, that place is pretty spooky, killed the first
wolf
but nope'd the trio down the stairs lol, are those levels supposed to be harder than previous locations? so far it seems that way to me haha

men arriving to
Yahar'gul
really raised the stake for me lol

had somewhat hard time getting to the second lamp, and after that the good damn
hunters & chime maidens
hell, I went back and explored a bit the
Upper Cathedral Ward
, that place is pretty spooky, killed the first
wolf
but nope'd the trio down the stairs lol, are those levels supposed to be harder than previous locations? so far it seems that way to me haha
Luckily Upper Cathedral is pretty short. I don't there's much after that hiccup you encountered.
Oh yeah with that locked door with the brainsucker behind it you can kill him and get a key.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Mergo's Wet Nurse and Martyr Logarius down today which I'm really happy with, also got my weapon +10 so nothing to grumble about.

FireCloud

My Bloodtinge focused character just beat Amygdala NG+ in a really, and I do mean really leisurely manner. Having Repeating Pistol +10 with 405 Blood damage per shot for 2 bullets is way more useful than Cannon 600 Blood Damage per shot with 12 bullets.

I just shot him at the head repeatedly and roll here and there leisurely to avoid the hand slams. Overall, it's kind of relaxing I was a bit shocked myself, hah.

I just noticed this post of yours.

I knew you were working on a bloodtinge build specifically to take on Amygdala. Glad it worked out for you.

I'm working on increasing my bloodtinge now after level capping VIT, END, STR, and SKL. I'm going to try out the Evelyn to see it I can do some damage to some bosses from a distance. Gucci Messiah and I were having a time with his Micolash NG+(or ++) boss fight.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I just noticed this post of yours.

I knew you were working on a bloodtinge build specifically to take on Amygdala. Glad it worked out for you.

I'm working on increasing my bloodtinge now after level capping VIT, END, STR, and SKL. I'm going to try out the Evelyn to see it I can do some damage to some bosses from a distance. Gucci Messiah and I were having a time with his Micolash NG+(or ++) boss fight.

Ahhh... regular Amygdala Ng+, not Defiled. I don't know how much stronger the Defiled version is, I assume it won't go as smoothly.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
And done. I just beat Gehrman after wiping for hours, most notably at 1%, 5% and 10%. The wipe 1% wipe raged me so much I lashed out at the nearest thing which was my own thigh, so I had dead leg for awhile lol. I can't remember the last time a game made me so angry, but so happy at the same time. Now I want to try Dark Souls II but it's still full price so not yet!

Kill video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g25LvZs49os (spoilers, obviously)

Soulhouf

Now I want to try Dark Souls II but it's still full price so not yet!
Oh boy, that game feels so bad after Bloodborne, especially the Scholar of the first Sin version.
If you didn't play Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1, I recommend to play those instead. They feel a lot like Bloodborne, especially Demon's Souls.

Anyway, GG for beating this amazing game!

ta9qi

Today i finished my "Not-leveling" walkthrough, was very tough journey and i was so close to quit many times, specially against "daughter of cosmos, Gehrman, Logarius"
this is my hardest and last real fight (theres the one after but it was easy), many others are in my channel "didnt upload the first bosses tho"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqNzt1T_DmI

Rocket786

Oh man, after struggling with Logarius for 4 days and needing help to finally beat him, I beat Amygdala on my 2nd try, and The One Reborn on my 1st try! Maybe they're just not that difficult and it isn't really a big accomplishment, but I was stoked beating these two bosses that quick! Feels good.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really wasn't planning to play NG+ but I'm tempted, with Tonitrus perhaps.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna be playin' in an hour.

Got killed by the Blood Starved Beast like 5 times already T_T

Fersis

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching Argentina's match tried to grab the TV remote control and accidentally pressed R1/R2 on the joystick (it was right beside the remote) and killed
the doll.
WTF!

I think im gonna have to restart the game from scratch.... :(
Is there any way to revive her?

ta9qi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was watching Argentina's match tried to grab the TV remote control and accidentally pressed R1/R2 on the joystick (it was right beside the remote) and killed
the doll.
WTF!

I think im gonna have to restart the game from scratch.... :(
Is there any way to revive her?
lol just leave the hunter dream and come back and she will be alive more than you @@

Top Bottom