• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I'm trying to decide the most effective way to git gud for the nightmare frontier. Unfortunately for me I get invaded virtually every time I start the level, and always by someone that creams me quite easily (I suck at pvp).

I have taken to just levelling up by assisting others in Cainhurst and Ya'hargul. On the plus side, I managed to get the Cainhurst armour chest plate, and the logarius wheel! I'm quite looking forward to trying that out once I've raised the fortitude a bit.

I also managed to take down all three of these bastard hunters in Ya'hargul solo, albeit one at a time but still!! That gave me immense satisfaction.

Gah I just need to get tough enough to blaze through Frontier so I can push on to new areas!!

all up in her guts

I'm trying to decide the most effective way to git gud for the nightmare frontier. Unfortunately for me I get invaded virtually every time I start the level, and always by someone that creams me quite easily (I suck at pvp).

I have taken to just levelling up by assisting others in Cainhurst and Ya'hargul. On the plus side, I managed to get the Cainhurst armour chest plate, and the logarius wheel! I'm quite looking forward to trying that out once I've raised the fortitude a bit.

I also managed to take down all three of these bastard hunters in Ya'hargul solo, albeit one at a time but still!! That gave me immense satisfaction.

Gah I just need to get tough enough to blaze through Frontier so I can push on to new areas!!

yeah I couldn't even beat those guys on my first playthorugh. Whooped their asses on NG+ though

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone up for some coop? Kinda needed a break from Chalice... I'll help anyone in any location (outside chalice that is...) Want to relax a bit.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Started NG+ and wanted to use the Tonitrus as my main weapon for something different but it breaks so fast I don't think it's viable? Maybe I'll try the Saw Blade is it's kinda the iconic weapon of the game. Although going from a +10 Holy Blade to a +3 of anything is a huge downgrade.

Finally managed to take down the Chikage hunter.

This has to be the best NPC fight I have ever had in Souls. I regret not recording it. It was so good because he did not use the pistol much. It's like if you do not use your gun then he won't use his gun. Just katana vs katana and crazy dashing all around xD
The end was so tense. He got real close and used the transform attack, back stepped just in time ( I don't even know how I did that) and finished him with the badass R2 2 handed slash. Dammit I want him to respawn so we can fight again.

Also Eileen
;_____________; I really loved her story and character. I kind of felt like a student to her. When we first met, she's like don;t be scared to hunt beasts, you're a hunter aren't you? Then when you help her with Henryk she starts to realise that you're pretty good. She notices that you've dealt with Gascoigne as well. You also see how strong Eileen is at this point: far stronger than you. Finally, at the cathedral, you manage to defeat an enemy that even she could not defeat. You have surpassed her. She notices and in a way lets you carry her will and you really feel like you have grown a lot since the first time you met her.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Barely beat the
2 hunters near Vicar Amelia
then i explored a bit
the forest and got killed like 3 times by a mob of snipers
=/

I legit need help

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I feel so guilty, I just cheesed the fuck out of NG+ Blood-Starved Beast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESrD2CNI1M

cbOGB67.png

Also Eileen
;_____________; I really loved her story and character. I kind of felt like a student to her. When we first met, she's like don;t be scared to hunt beasts, you're a hunter aren't you? Then when you help her with Henryk she starts to realise that you're pretty good. She notices that you've dealt with Gascoigne as well. You also see how strong Eileen is at this point: far stronger than you. Finally, at the cathedral, you manage to defeat an enemy that even she could not defeat. You have surpassed her. She notices and in a way lets you carry her will and you really feel like you have grown a lot since the first time you met her.

I think she
is still alive, you only see her blood but no her body, she also says she drank a health potion so she will be fine

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Been cruising through NG+ but Amelia has put a stop to that, that heal is fucking bullshit!

So I beat Shadow of Yharnam today and now Gehrman is missing? Also I started using the hunter axe again, the charged R2 attack is so powerful.

dralla

Been cruising through NG+ but Amelia has put a stop to that, that heal is fucking bullshit!

Use the water the prevents health regen.

I'm in the Forest now on NG+. I'm debating if I should invest in Bloodtinge so I can use the Evelyn. Is it worth it if I don't plan on putting any more points into Bloodtinge? Hmmm I have strength and skill at 50 already, vitality at 25, stamina at 28.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The witch was actually difficult for me on NG+. All the other bosses haven't been bad. I can't wait to get to Ebrietas, I expect much rage

Father was 3 tries, Cleric Beast was one shot, Blood-Starved was 2 tries and I've wiped a few times on Amelia so far. She never healed at all the first time I killed her, but she spams that shit on NG+. I never really expected to do NG+ but I've finished all my PS4 games now so need to drag this out until I can afford Dark Souls II, another game I never thought I'd play but I enjoyed BB a lot.

Messier75

Neo Member
Finished the game for the first time. Feels good. Right up there with Dark Souls 1 for me. Looking forward to whatever expansion comes next.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sure. I'll be up 3 hours from now if you're still available.

Ahh sorry man. Gmt plus 7 here, so I was asleep.

So I just defeated Bloodletting Beast. Ridiculously easy with Repeating Pistol plus 10, Bone Marrow Ash, and 50 Bloodtinge. Like, 900 to 1200 ish damage per shot! When the Bone Marrow was out, all it needed was a small poke with Threaded Cane and he's done, lol.

And now onto Defiled.... only I need to find Bastard of Loran first..... urgh....

myco666

Started NG+ and wanted to use the Tonitrus as my main weapon for something different but it breaks so fast I don't think it's viable? Maybe I'll try the Saw Blade is it's kinda the iconic weapon of the game. Although going from a +10 Holy Blade to a +3 of anything is a huge downgrade.

Having used Tonitrus all the way through NG I would say it is viable. You just need to fix it everytime you go to Hunter's Dream since it breaks fast. You could also use it just against bosses since bunch of them are weak to bolt.

dock

I am trying to pick this up again, but I've never completed a souls game.

I'm level 59, but I'm bad at following guides and wikis and let's plays and all the other homework.
I wish I could pay cash money for someone to guide me through yahar'gul unseen village.
That, or to regen stupid blood vials.

sam777

I finally finished this game, really enjoyed it, I going to sell my copy and buy it again once the inevitable game of the year edition drops with the dlc.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am trying to pick this up again, but I've never completed a souls game.

I'm level 59, but I'm bad at following guides and wikis and let's plays and all the other homework.
I wish I could pay cash money for someone to guide me through yahar'gul unseen village.
That, or to regen stupid blood vials.

Just coop through it. It's fun :)

Hit me up whenever you want to do coop. PSN: LaughingBanana

Just finished Bloodborne. This has to be the best ending sequence in the entire series. Gehrman's fight alone was a masterpiece. The music, the amazing field, the setup of it being a 1vs 1 hunter fight......THE MUSIC IS SO GOOD. Words right now cannot express how well it all went together. And then the ending. Personally, I vastly prefer's Bloodborne's lore to previous Souls games. The mystery in Bloodborne is so much more tantalising, more eerie and present. I need to read up and to try and understand everything but wow the ending I got was seriously chilling. Regardless, Bloodborne is Miyazaki and FROM's best game and one the best games I've played. I had never thought Demons Souls would be topped, but Bloodborne did it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Bloodborne. This has to be the best ending sequence in the entire series. Gehrman's fight alone was a masterpiece. The music, the amazing field, the setup of it being a 1vs 1 hunter fight......THE MUSIC IS SO GOOD. Words right now cannot express how well it all went together. And then the ending. Personally, I vastly prefer's Bloodborne's lore to previous Souls games. The mystery in Bloodborne is so much more tantalising, more eerie and present. I need to read up and to try and understand everything but wow the ending I got was seriously chilling. Regardless, Bloodborne is Miyazaki and FROM's best game and one the best games I've played. I had never thought Demons Souls would be topped, but Bloodborne did it.

I was going to give it an 8/10 on my review up until the last fight which pushed it to a 9/10.

Skill is now giving more damage than strength, I guess I've reached the soft cap?

Is there a better endgame farming location than the Isz Chalice on floor 3? I don't know if killing just the first mob or the first and second mob is more efficient, but it is way, way better than the Middle Loft spot that I was using.

Barely beat the
2 hunters near Vicar Amelia
then i explored a bit
the forest and got killed like 3 times by a mob of snipers
=/

I legit need help

Go to the left side of the church, if you want to kill the hunters use the poision darts on them.

I was going to give it an 8/10 on my review up until the last fight which pushed it to a 9/10.

Skill is now giving more damage than strength, I guess I've reached the soft cap?

Soft cap is at 50.

Ok, so I'm halfway NG+ and I still have no idea who Paleblood is. Does my reading comprehension sucks?

Probaly means the descendands of the phumerians people or outsiders of Yharman. In case of the females NPCs descendants of
Queen Yharman

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok, so I'm halfway NG+ and I still have no idea who Paleblood is. Does my reading comprehension sucks?

Well........ apparently
it's the Great One that inhabited the Moon a.k.a. the Moon Presence
, if the note in Ya'hargul and Lecture Hall 2nd floor are any indication (as well as the first note you encounter in Iosefka Clinic.)

Man I went back to my new character after running around with my level 120+ character and holy shit it's like a different game again. Having to plan, re learn how to thin out mobs, play to the strength of your weapon and not having a shit ton of quicksilver bullets in storage is interesting. Weapons are weak as fuck, but I'm finding some appreciation for the Rifle Spear, you have a lot of range available to you with the Threaded Cane and Rifle Spear combo. Still going to make her Chikage and Reiterpallasch, but god damn it's going to take a bit to get those.

Well........ apparently
it's the Great One that inhabited the Moon a.k.a. the Moon Presence
, if the note in Ya'hargul and Lecture Hall 2nd floor are any indication (as well as the first note you encounter in Iosefka Clinic.)

Huh? I'm even more confused now lol. At a point I honestly thought it was
the doll. Seeing how she carries you as if taking care of you or even nurturing you to become the next great one.

If we get any DLC, do you guys think get might get some answers? Has this been the case with any Souls DLC?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Huh? I'm even more confused now lol. At a point I honestly thought it was
the doll. Seeing how she carries you as if taking care of you or even nurturing you to become the next great one.

If we get any DLC, do you guys think get might get some answers? Has this been the case with any Souls DLC?

Well, the note on Lecture Hall 2nd floor stated something to the tune of
"the being summoned by Laurence and his cooperators. Paleblood."
Considering that we know for a certain that Gherman is
indeed Laurence's associate, and he is trapped there in the dream world
, and one of the ending actually has
Moon Presence fashioned you into the new guardian of the dream
, and one of the other endings has you
turned into an infant Great One--and as such, "transcending the Hunt"--only by defeating Moon Presence--"seek Paleblood"
, then there's plenty of argument to be made that
Paleblood is Moon Presence's name.

Although... I do agree that t
he Doll is an actual Great One

Well, the note on Lecture Hall 2nd floor stated something to the tune of
"the being summoned by Laurence and his cooperators. Paleblood."
Considering that we know for a certain that Gherman is
indeed Laurence's associate, and he is trapped there in the dream world
, and one of the ending actually has
Moon Presence fashioned you into the new guardian of the dream
, and one of the other endings has you
turned into an infant Great One--and as such, "transcending the Hunt"--only by defeating Moon Presence--"seek Paleblood"
, then there's plenty of argument to be made that
Paleblood is Moon Presence's name.

Although... I do agree that t
he Doll is an actual Great One

I remember hearing about the possibility that Moon Presence's name is Flora, and the Doll prays to it.

Top Bottom