• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

DSmalls84

Is there any way to increase the amount of health given by Blood Vials? I know that there's a rune that increases this, bit anything else?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the runes just increase your max health bar.

Edit: There's also a rune that increases the number of vials you can carry.

Got around to Platinuming the game the other day. I rarely ever do that, but before I knew it I only had to get the
other two endings
. I can't believe how fast you can run through the game in NG+ onward.

grmlin

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the runes just increase your max health bar.

Edit: There's also a rune that increases the number of vials you can carry.

There is one rune that says it increases the amount of health regenerated by using them. Not at my PS4 atm though and it would be the German rune name anyway ;)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I was under the impression that these two were seen as somewhat easy bosses? (Going by what I've read on other forums etc)
I've only beaten them on NG+ though, so I might be talking out of my ass. And I know personal boss difficulty rankings vary wildely in this game.

*Edit*
Nvm. I actually read your whole post now instead of just the rankings.
Orphan, easy? No way. If you consider him easy, who will you consider hard?

Yeah, OoK required a night's rest for me. I never found Maria all that difficult, though. I could see her being more Tier B than Tier A; at the least, I think it's odd seeing Ebrietas ranked below her, based on my personal experience.
Maria varies greatly on your build. Never had that much trouble with non-chalice Ebrietas myself. The chalice version hits like a damn truck though. My experience might be coloured by my recent fight against her where she just spammed the goddamn charge move. Which I managed to avoid like, once. -_-

Thanks!

I might have screwed up Eileen's quest though. I spoke with her at both places and exhausted the dialog. However, I went to the Forbidden Woods before talking with her at Cathedral Ward. She's now gone and Henryk never showed up. I'll probably have to get a Blade of Mercy from a Chalice Dungeon.
I don't think you can get the weapon from a chalice dungeon if you don't have the regular version already. However you're OK, after killing Rom,
you can fight her at the Grand Cathedral and get her badge then
. It's very sad. :(

And yeah the same thing happened to me, I entered the woods and it fucked up Eileen's quest. Even though the Oedon Tomb lamp was still inactive from the dream, there was no one there ever.

Is the Cannon worth upgrading for a strength build? I hardly ever use my pistol but is the damage high enough you can use it to finish off a boss?
Sure, if you can spare the mats. Use bone marrow ash and finish off a boss nicely with it.

Melchiah

Can I have some advice.
Completely new to souls style games and have decided to start with bloodborne. I am currently at the blood starved beast and can get it down to about a quarter of its health, but I get destroyed every time.
I have been summoning Alfred just before I go in to the cathedral to fight, but he dies during the fight. But the item used for summoning is down to 4 now, so I would like to kill it before I have run out of them.
I use the hunter axe and blunderpuss,which are both +3. I stock up on vials, bullets and antidotes before I go in to fight.

I am level 26 with
17 vitality,
15 endurance,
16 strength,
11 skill,
9 blood tinge,
8 arcane.

Apart from "git good" is there anything I can do to give myself more of an advantage. Should my stats be higher?

There's no need to level up the Blunderpuss, as the benefits are minimal. Use the Blood Shards to increase the damage of the axe instead.

If BSB feels too hard, buy the 10k Hunter Chief Emblem from the Hunter's Dream to open the Cathedral Ward gate, where you can level up and get Black Church gear, which has a better poison resistance.

Fire Paper works well against BSB, as does parry & visceral combo when you get the timing right.

jonjonaug

Is there any way to increase the amount of health given by Blood Vials? I know that there's a rune that increases this, bit anything else?

The Radiance rune (Executioner covenant, need to complete Alfred's questline) increases the amount recovered by each vial, but it's like 2% of your total health.

Faenix1

Your stat distribution is solid. Endurance is a great stat - I like upping it to 30 or so, but some people stop at 20-25. You have more than enough Vit for the rest of the game. Both the axe and Ludwig's benefit a lot from going 25/25 in STR and SKL, so that is looking good, too.

Mm.. guess I should hold my VIT at 35 then and make my END 25-30, and my SKL 25?

I do feel like I could use more stamina, but it just kills me only getting 2 per stat.

Jrmint

What do you guys think is the most difficult area to get through? Not counting the boss, just the area. Also considering your level at the time.

For me it was the first half of Yahar'gul Unseen Village (Blood Moon). The number of enemies plus the bell ringers reviving them, plus the false god wreaking havoc. Then right after the second lamp are those 3 hunters. Just a really hard area overall imo.

Melchiah

What do you guys think is the most difficult area to get through? Not counting the boss, just the area. Also considering your level at the time.

For me it was the first half of Yahar'gul Unseen Village (Blood Moon). The number of enemies plus the bell ringers reviving them, plus the false god wreaking havoc. Then right after the second lamp are those 3 hunters. Just a really hard area overall imo.

That and the following area are some of the hardest on the first playthrough. I wasn't pleased when I learned that the Bell Maidens respawn, as for some reason I thought they were one-and-done type of enemies like the hunters. There was also gnashing of teeth on the virgin run through Old Yharnam.

Servbot24

Banned
FNIALLY beat Orphan of Kos... had to stick right by his side, previous I was staying far away from him. Made it start to finish with Saw Cleaver in NG+ :)

Maybesew

Sure if you wanna help out, I'm ringing at mergo loft base

I'm just trying to burn thru my last ending for the platinum and warm up a little for tuesday

Jrmint

That and the following area are some of the hardest on the first playthrough. I wasn't pleased when I learned that the Bell Maidens respawn, as for some reason I thought they were one-and-done type of enemies like the hunters. There was also gnashing of teeth on the virgin run through Old Yharnam.
Oh yea good call on Old Yharnam, that was tough at the beginning.

SDR-UK

Are you ringing the bell? Also, follow our lead on this fight. Have no qualms about cheesing Micolash. It makes everything so much easier.

SDR-UK

How do you cheese him? I just beat him for the first time earlier today.

In the first room, you can go in and get his attention and then he'll follow you out to the hallway where his moveset is extremely limited compared to what he would do in the room. Then you follow him up the stairs and get him to jump through the mirror but you go back to the room where you finish him (or snipe him from above). Use poison knives/bow and you can infinitely cheese him and he'll stand there allowing it to happen.

DSmalls84

Started playing on Saturday and by the time I quit yesterday I was level 75 and finished up the One Reborn. This game seemed way harder my first play through with the Cane/Blades of Mercy. I guess part of that is learning how to beat the bosses previously but strength weapons in general seem much easier to use. Kirkhammer pretty much kept Paarl permanently staggered. Ludwig's made pretty quick work of the Hunter at the end of Eileen's quest. I do miss the quickness and move set of the Blades though. This game sucked me back in!

Hey, what did I missed.

Started playing on Saturday and by the time I quit yesterday I was level 75 and finished up the One Reborn. This game seemed way harder my first play through with the Cane/Blades of Mercy. I guess part of that is learning how to beat the bosses previously but strength weapons in general seem much easier to use. Kirkhammer pretty much kept Paarl permanently staggered. Ludwig's made pretty quick work of the Hunter at the end of Eileen's quest. I do miss the quickness and move set of the Blades though. This game sucked me back in!

Each legs of Paarl have its own HP so you can stagger him mutiple times

Top Bottom