• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Downed
Ebrietas
on my second try, way easier than I thought it would be. Didn't need more than three tries for any of the bosses even though this was only my second playthrough of the game. Didn't expect it to go this easy, especially after how much trouble some of the bosses in Dark Souls 3 gave me.

Anyway, now I've got nothing left to do in the base game except chalice dungeons, and since chalice dungeons are garbage, I guess it's time to buy that DLC. Should have bought it back when it was on sale a few months ago, but oh well... Currently lvl 92 with a +10
Burial Blade
, so I should be all set.

Welp with that level would be a crime to die against her

Matty8787

So I have just got this along with a shiny ps4 woo.

Anyhow having never played a souls game before is there any tips or tricks for a newbie?

Also how is using a DS4 when I am used to xbox controllers?

And lastly any PSN thread for I'd exchanges?

Hey guys I beat the game once when it was first released and decided to pick it up again (on a Souls kick after putting 100 hours into DSIII).

Anyway, I realized I never really did any cooperation in this game, and after starting anew, I realized why... it never works for me.

If you kill an area boss can you not go back and coop it? Does your "sign" show up where first ring the small bell?

I feel like I'm missing something. One of my favorite things in Souls games is to help out with bosses after I beat them personally.

Cracklox

So I have just got this along with a shiny ps4 woo.

Anyhow having never played a souls game before is there any tips or tricks for a newbie?

Also how is using a DS4 when I am used to xbox controllers?

And lastly any PSN thread for I'd exchanges?

There's plenty to know with these games starting out and I'm sure someone can link to a nice starters guide. A few things I'll mention though

- Obviously the games have a reputation for being tough, and they certainly can be, but dying here should often be used as a chance to learn something rather than a form of punishment. You WILL die, maybe alot, but as long as you take something away from each death, be it a trap location or a big enemy wind up attack or whatever, as long as you go 'OK, I know about that now' you should be fine

- Patience, patience, patience in combat. The game punishes button mashing type play and will get you killed quick. A good thing to do when fighting a new enemy is just to stand back a little and watch there attack patterns for a bit. Pretty much every enemy in the game will leave an opening somewhere where you can get safe hits in. BB as opposed to Souls also has a regain mechanic, where if you take damage, you get a small window of time to damage them back to regain some of that lost health. Its a pretty cool risk/reward mechanic where you often have to weigh up the risk of getting in some hits to regain health, and possibly taking more damage and/or dying in the process, or backing off and using a healing item.

- Weapons are ultimately all pretty even so pick the one you like the moveset and/or aesthetics of and just go with it. Keep in mind that each weapons strength will scales differently with each stat ie the Cain works best with a heavy investment in dexterity etc. As long as you level the right stats that work with the weapon you'll be fine. Some people say don't start with the Cain
Team Cain here
, alot of people say get Ludwigs Holy Blade asap, but in the end everything works, and it comes down to what you like. Keep in mind weapons are basically a 2-in-1, in that they have 2 forms so be sure to have a good play around with what you find. Also materials to upgrade them are plentiful by the end (except what you need to go from +9 to+10) so don't be too fussed about wasting them because you want to try something out and afraid you won't like it.

- The game basically tasks you with 2 different assignments. Firstly, clear a level and find all the shiny loot, and importantly link up the shortcuts between a checkpoint and the boss. This makes task 2 of downing the boss much easier. Some of those things can potentially take hours of retries to beat
well, if you suck like me
, so you want the shortest, easiest way back there.The game doesn't dump you back outside the boss encounter, it expects you to explore and find shortcuts first. If you ever find you're spending more then about 30 secs or so to go from checkpoint to fight, you've likely missed something.

- Circle button will become your best friend. Its a roll, but when locked on you do a sweet, sweet dodge that gives i-frames to get through enemy attacks. Unlike Souls games where you can tank a lot of damage with a shield, BB forces you to stay on the move

- Guns aren't necessarily an offensive weapon, unless you invest rather heavily in the bloodtinge (yup, bloodtinge) stat. They're basically used to parry enemy attacks, which lets you step in and do a visceral attack for big damage. Alot of bosses are prone to this as well. Personally I hardly use it (big risk/reward) but some people parry their way through the whole game, so its definetley something to keep in mind. You more or less want to shoot an enemy just after they wind up their attack and start their swing at you. If you get it it you'll know with a very audible chime effect. If you miss, you'll know with a thunk to your characters head accompanied by a missing chunk of health ;)

There's a bunch more I guess, but I don't wanna go on for 8000 words, and discovering how these games work is a big part of the fun too..

If you have any other specific questions ask away! Soulsborne community really is a pretty cool and helpful bunch
we also like to here how 1st timers go throughout their run ;)

Oh and personally i find the DS4 great (sans battery life. Yeesh). A bit weightier and fits in your hand better then the 3. Much better triggers too. I really like the One controller as well, though haven't nearly as much experience with it for reference

Matty8787

There's plenty to know with these games starting out and I'm sure someone can link to a nice starters guide. A few things I'll mention though

- Obviously the games have a reputation for being tough, and they certainly can be, but dying here should often be used as a chance to learn something rather than a form of punishment. You WILL die, maybe alot, but as long as you take something away from each death, be it a trap location or a big enemy wind up attack or whatever, as long as you go 'OK, I know about that now' you should be fine

- Patience, patience, patience in combat. The game punishes button mashing type play and will get you killed quick. A good thing to do when fighting a new enemy is just to stand back a little and watch there attack patterns for a bit. Pretty much every enemy in the game will leave an opening somewhere where you can get safe hits in. BB as opposed to Souls also has a regain mechanic, where if you take damage, you get a small window of time to damage them back to regain some of that lost health. Its a pretty cool risk/reward mechanic where you often have to weigh up the risk of getting in some hits to regain health, and possibly taking more damage and/or dying in the process, or backing off and using a healing item.

- Weapons are ultimately all pretty even so pick the one you like the moveset and/or aesthetics of and just go with it. Keep in mind that each weapons strength will scales differently with each stat ie the Cain works best with a heavy investment in dexterity etc. As long as you level the right stats that work with the weapon you'll be fine. Some people say don't start with the Cain
Team Cain here
, alot of people say get Ludwigs Holy Blade asap, but in the end everything works, and it comes down to what you like. Keep in mind weapons are basically a 2-in-1, in that they have 2 forms so be sure to have a good play around with what you find. Also materials to upgrade them are plentiful by the end (except what you need to go from +9 to+10) so don't be too fussed about wasting them because you want to try something out and afraid you won't like it.

- The game basically tasks you with 2 different assignments. Firstly, clear a level and find all the shiny loot, and importantly link up the shortcuts between a checkpoint and the boss. This makes task 2 of downing the boss much easier. Some of those things can potentially take hours of retries to beat
well, if you suck like me
, so you want the shortest, easiest way back there.The game doesn't dump you back outside the boss encounter, it expects you to explore and find shortcuts first. If you ever find you're spending more then about 30 secs or so to go from checkpoint to fight, you've likely missed something.

- Circle button will become your best friend. Its a roll, but when locked on you do a sweet, sweet dodge that gives i-frames to get through enemy attacks. Unlike Souls games where you can tank a lot of damage with a shield, BB forces you to stay on the move

- Guns aren't necessarily an offensive weapon, unless you invest rather heavily in the bloodtinge (yup, bloodtinge) stat. They're basically used to parry enemy attacks, which lets you step in and do a visceral attack for big damage. Alot of bosses are prone to this as well. Personally I hardly use it (big risk/reward) but some people parry their way through the whole game, so its definetley something to keep in mind. You more or less want to shoot an enemy just after they wind up their attack and start their swing at you. If you get it it you'll know with a very audible chime effect. If you miss, you'll know with a thunk to your characters head accompanied by a missing chunk of health ;)

There's a bunch more I guess, but I don't wanna go on for 8000 words, and discovering how these games work is a big part of the fun too..

If you have any other specific questions ask away! Soulsborne community really is a pretty cool and helpful bunch
we also like to here how 1st timers go throughout their run ;)

Oh and personally i find the DS4 great (sans battery life. Yeesh). A bit weightier and fits in your hand better then the 3. Much better triggers too. I really like the One controller as well, though haven't nearly as much experience with it for reference

Oh thanks for this, excellent read!

Can't wait to get started though I dunno if it will be today or not! Will let you know how I get on.

rtcn63

Welp with that level would be a crime to die against her

I was level 90+ when I took out the DLC bosses for the first time. ;_; (The DLC wasn't out yet and I had nothing to do but do Chalice Dungeons)

Well I do admit I was never a great player. Which also supports the idea that Bloodborne really isn't that hard. Challenging and cheap at times, but nothing a bit of elbow grease and patience can't overcome.

JJShadow

Oh thanks for this, excellent read!

Can't wait to get started though I dunno if it will be today or not! Will let you know how I get on.

Besides the excellent Cracklox tips, I'll give the most important advice: enjoy your playthrough. Bloodborne can be very brutal and punishing in some moments to newcomers, and maybe during your first hours into the game you'll eventually think about giving up, but for God's sake, DON'T DO IT. Once you get used to the mechanics, Bloodborne becomes one of the greatest and most rewarding experiences you'll ever have as a gamer

Matty8787

Besides the excellent Cracklox tips, I'll give the most important advice: enjoy your playthrough. Bloodborne can be very brutal and punishing in some moments to newcomers, and maybe during your first hours into the game you'll eventually think about giving up, but for God's sake, DON'T DO IT. Once you get used to the mechanics, Bloodborne becomes one of the greatest and most rewarding experiences you'll ever have as a gamer

Thanks I'll try my hardest to stick at it.

myco666

Hey guys I beat the game once when it was first released and decided to pick it up again (on a Souls kick after putting 100 hours into DSIII).

Anyway, I realized I never really did any cooperation in this game, and after starting anew, I realized why... it never works for me.

If you kill an area boss can you not go back and coop it? Does your "sign" show up where first ring the small bell?

I feel like I'm missing something. One of my favorite things in Souls games is to help out with bosses after I beat them personally.

You should be able to help other people even if you killed the boss in your game.

There are no "signs" in this game and the summoning works so that host rings the resonant bell and the game starts searching small resonant bells. Once it finds one it summons the player into the game. It is kinda wonky and I remember lot of people having problems with it.

Haven't done coop in ages so don't know how active the online is but I would assume most people are playing Dark Souls 3 now.

edit.
Oh also check that you have network settings set worldwide and that you don't have password set.

rtcn63

Anyone interested in co-oping Orphan? I'm having a lot of trouble with him and summons are scarce.

Something I've learned from fighting the humanoid DLC bosses- when dodging attacks, try rolling into them. Hell, often you can just hug them and walk around their attacks. Saves stamina.

Geist-

After getting 100% with Dark Souls 3, I went back and finally got around to getting the Platinum trophy for Bloodborne.

Feels good man.

Geist-

How many hours/play throughs would you say you put into the DS3 platninum?
I have 130 hours on steam and I played to NG+2 (you need NG+2 to get all of the rings for an achievement). So 3 playthroughs. Hardest achievements were getting the spells from the covenants, the auto summoning system is shit.

I'm having trouble against the 2nd phase of the boss
_____Micolash______
and their AOE spells are infuriating.

What is the fastest melee weapon so I can stun them ? Thanks.

jonjonaug

_____Micolash______

That attack deals Arcane damage. Just wear a chruch set or the choir set and equip the anti-arcane rune. Even though it'll still do a ton of damage it shouldn't kill you at full health. Other than that, just keep on him and he'll have trouble pulling it off.

CHC

Man getting "over the hump," so to speak, with a new Arcane build is really a drag.

I feel so underpowered now! Keep investing points in Arcane but early on there is just such a small return, unless I'm torching fools or throwing molotovs. Cannot wait to get A Call Beyond and Augur so I can school some of these assholes.

_____Micolash______

Dodge forward when he uses the star attack. You just have to get the timing right. Don't dodge right away rather wait a moment.

What weapon are you using?

Soulhouf

With DS3 release I almost forgot I preordered the Bloodborne artbook.
But it's here and it's gorgeous!

kQanBTu.jpg

4AKF9MT.jpg

AkrTy38.jpg

NyJS0fv.jpg

myco666

I am so mad at myself for forgetting to preoder that artbook. Now I don't have money for it and it seems to be sold out everywhere. Hopefully Udon publishes English version of it later.

Man getting "over the hump," so to speak, with a new Arcane build is really a drag.

I feel so underpowered now! Keep investing points in Arcane but early on there is just such a small return, unless I'm torching fools or throwing molotovs. Cannot wait to get A Call Beyond and Augur so I can school some of these assholes.

Yeah Arcane builds are as because of this. So much work and all good stuff is very late game.

Melchiah

Yes, JP only unfortunately. I ordered it directly from amazon.co.jp (they ship worldwide)

Any idea if it's limited or not? I'm wondering if I should wait for the English version, or just buy the Japanese one.

EDIT:
I am so mad at myself for forgetting to preoder that artbook. Now I don't have money for it and it seems to be sold out everywhere. Hopefully Udon publishes English version of it later.

Goddammit!

RangerX

Banned
Hey I'm on my first run through and I am getting absolutely hammered by
Rom
. I can't seem to get anyone summoned either except an npc. Anyone got any tips?

Sulik2

GAH screw this stupid firedog in the Defiled chalice dungeon! Getting one shotted with 50 vitality is insane.

Hey I'm on my first run through and I am getting absolutely hammered by
Rom
. I can't seem to get anyone summoned either except an npc. Anyone got any tips?

Put on every bit of arcane gear you have. Kill all the spiders first wave then hammer him with a bolt charged weapon. If you do enough damage you can stop the teleport and get a huge hit on him first time. Wave two kill the spiders again carefully and get a good round of hits in. Round three ignore the spiders and just time running in, getting one hit on Rom and charging back out before he explodes the ground. It takes forever and its still easy to get one shotted, but its the best way to handle the fight.

RangerX

Banned
GAH screw this stupid firedog in the Defiled chalice dungeon! Getting one shotted with 50 endurance is insane.

Put on every bit of arcane gear you have. Kill all the spiders first wave then hammer him with a bolt charged weapon. If you do enough damage you can stop the teleport and get a huge hit on him first time. Wave two kill the spiders again carefully and get a good round of hits in. Round three ignore the spiders and just time running in, getting one hit on Rom and charging back out before he explodes the ground. It takes forever and its still easy to get one shotted, but its the best way to handle the fight.

Cheers I'll try this. Hopefully it works out.

Melchiah

GAH screw this stupid firedog in the Defiled chalice dungeon! Getting one shotted with 50 endurance is insane.

Is your vitality at 50? Equipping physical damage reduction / max HP boost, and fire resistance runes might help. The same goes for fire resistant gear. The charge move one-shotted me as well at 50 vitality, but to my recollection I didn't have HP boost or fire resistant runes/gear on.

rulerk1

Finally took down BSB and made Dyer friendly. Is Darkbeast Parl an optional boss because that area and it kicked my ass

Also Im level 27 am I underleveled for that place?

Yes, Paarl is optional. Beating him earns the ability to purchase bolt paper though, which is nice. But I would just come back later if you're having trouble now.

Sulik2

Defiled chalice dungeon down. Simons bow blade rocked the fire dog and the defiled Amygdala was easy with the damage my Ludwig's does at this point. Now just need to kill the mother brain to get the living string, do the last chalice dungeon and get the hidden ending in my NG+ and I can finally be done with Bloodborne. I really enjoyed this game, but it could have used some editing. Fewer chalice dungeons, central yarnham needed to be shorter and the forest was way too big. Same for the swamp area.

Melchiah

Defiled chalice dungeon down. Simons bow blade rocked the fire dog and the defiled Amygdala was easy with the damage my Ludwig's does at this point. Now just need to kill the mother brain to get the living string, do the last chalice dungeon and get the hidden ending in my NG+ and I can finally be done with Bloodborne. I really enjoyed this game, but it could have used some editing. Fewer chalice dungeons, central yarnham needed to be shorter and the forest was way too big. Same for the swamp area.

Wut?! I think it was just perfect, and it's not that long when you have opened all the shortcuts.

françois

Wut?! I think it was just perfect, and it's not that long when you have opened all the shortcuts.

I agree, some zones do seem massive but with shortcuts it easy to get around.
I'm only on my first playthrough though, doing shadow of yharnam now.

Got really close twice yesterday, like 10-20% left in the last phase but died twice because I tried to get way too many hits in.

Running back to the boss is fairly long but you can luckily just run past every single mob on the way.

Cracklox

françois;203470869 said:
I agree, some zones do seem massive but with shortcuts it easy to get around.
I'm only on my first playthrough though, doing shadow of yharnam now.

Got really close twice yesterday, like 10-20% left in the last phase but died twice because I tried to get way too many hits in.

Running back to the boss is fairly long but you can luckily just run past every single mob on the way.

A tip. Make sure to deal with the aggressive one first (if your not already) Makes the rest of the fight and the party tricks MUCH easier to deal with

françois

A tip. Make sure to deal with the aggressive one first (if your not already) Makes the rest of the fight and the party tricks MUCH easier to deal with

So far I've always dealt with the
caster
first which might not be the option but I've found it easiest since the other two tend to stick together in phase 2. The guy
with the katana(?)
does get annoying in phase 2 with that ranged attack so it might be a good idea to focus him first.

I've a feeling that it shouldn't take too many tries however. If it wasn't for playing too aggressively I woudl've already killed them.

Cracklox

françois;203479119 said:
So far I've always dealt with the
caster
first which might not be the option but I've found it easiest since the other two tend to stick together in phase 2. The guy
with the katana(?)
does get annoying in phase 2 with that ranged attack so it might be a good idea to focus him first.

I've a feeling that it shouldn't take too many tries however. If it wasn't for playing too aggressively I woudl've already killed them.

Yeah that was what i was doing at 1st and found it pretty tough. Switched tactics and had it done in a couple of goes.

To make it a little easier
circle around the big fuck off grave stone while there's 3 out. You can deal with katana, and as long as you keep moving, the fireballs will mostly wiff or hit the grave stone. Dont worry too much about candle guy. Once you've dealt with katana though thats the most annoying part done. Rest is easy

Also, its an excellent co-op fight, but it makes it kinda easy

françois

Also, its an excellent co-op fight, but it makes it kinda easy
Yeah I've noticed, haven't tried co-op just yet, but I did have one try with the younger madaras twins summon. While he does seem pretty useless during the fight, as he seems to die really quickly, I did notice that 2 guys instantly went towards. and only having to deal with 1 shadow, certainly in phase 1 is a cakewalk.

Raven77

Okay so I've been playing this off and on since it launched and am only at the Blood Starved Beast, yes, I put this game down for a veryyyy long time and am just getting back into it.

I don't feel as though I suck at this game, I have no issues with the dodge roll mechanic, using the gun to stun, watching for enemy attacks and signals, etc. etc.

What I do have a HUGE issue with is figuring out where the hell i'm supposed to go next. This games structure just makes absolutely no sense to me. For example, I am in the cathedral with the bonfire in the middle and the hunched over red cloaked man-thing that you can talk to. If I go straight, I beat a few enemies and go up to a gate that I can't open.

If I go left, this is where that invisible orb thing will kill you in one shot. Going straight through that circular courtyard (away from the towering light blue enemy that walks a path from gate to gate, I just go back to old yarnham. If I go right and beat that gigantic enemy, up the stairs is a gate I can't open (I believe I need to kill the Blood Starved Beast). If I go away from that gate, their are some enemies that carry those giant clubs ahead and to the right, and on the left is a path that leads to a guy that is up in a tower shooting me with some sort of machine gun.

I have absolutely no clue what the F i'm supposed to do. Do I back track to the BSBeast? Do I beat those club wielding guys and go down that path? Do I have to do something with this machine gun guy???

I've looked at a few guides but even they are somewhat ambiguous as to my next path and some even said the BSBeast is optional.

I'm tempted to just give up on this and try out Dark Souls 3 as my buddy had similar problems with Bloodborne and said he likes DS3 much more.

myco666

Okay so I've been playing this off and on since it launched and am only at the Blood Starved Beast, yes, I put this game down for a veryyyy long time and am just getting back into it.

I don't feel as though I suck at this game, I have no issues with the dodge roll mechanic, using the gun to stun, watching for enemy attacks and signals, etc. etc.

What I do have a HUGE issue with is figuring out where the hell i'm supposed to go next. This games structure just makes absolutely no sense to me. For example, I am in the cathedral with the bonfire in the middle and the hunched over red cloaked man-thing that you can talk to. If I go straight, I beat a few enemies and go up to a gate that I can't open.

If I go left, this is where that invisible orb thing will kill you in one shot. Going straight through that circular courtyard (away from the towering light blue enemy that walks a path from gate to gate, I just go back to old yarnham. If I go right and beat that gigantic enemy, up the stairs is a gate I can't open (I believe I need to kill the Blood Starved Beast). If I go away from that gate, their are some enemies that carry those giant clubs ahead and to the right, and on the left is a path that leads to a guy that is up in a tower shooting me with some sort of machine gun.

I have absolutely no clue what the F i'm supposed to do. Do I back track to the BSBeast? Do I beat those club wielding guys and go down that path? Do I have to do something with this machine gun guy???

I've looked at a few guides but even they are somewhat ambiguous as to my next path and some even said the BSBeast is optional.

I'm tempted to just give up on this and try out Dark Souls 3 as my buddy had similar problems with Bloodborne and said he likes DS3 much more.

BSB is optional but the other option is to a key that costs 10k Echoes. So I would recommend you just go kill BSB unless you want to start farming Echoes. After that a door opens at the Cathedral so you can progress. You don't need to do anything with the machine gun person and you can actually even befriend him if you come back later.

So just finish Old Yharnam so you can get to next area.

Raven77

Okay cool, I may just farm the echoes as I was able to rack up about 3500 last night in about 10 minutes. Probably better than spending 4000 echoes on the antidote and then an hour trying to get to the BSB.

françois

Okay cool, I may just farm the echoes as I was able to rack up about 3500 last night in about 10 minutes. Probably better than spending 4000 echoes on the antidote and then an hour trying to get to the BSB.
I think you may have missed the 2 shortcuts on the way to the blood starved beast. I got stuck on BSB, which also made me put down the game. Came back about a week ago, killed him on the second try and been making steady progress ever since.

I'll spoiler it just in case
but after you make it to the tower with the guy with the machine gun you'll enter this big hall, where you'll run to the end only to go down the stairs and once again cross the entire room. Once you exit that place you'll be outside on a terrace.

There you have to enter this little path to get to the lower path of old yharnam. Instead of instantly going there there's a gate further on the terrace. Open that for a shortcut back to the tower with the machine gun guy.

Afterwards there's the the lower part with the scourge beasts. On your way to BSB there should be a big door on the right, after crossing the bridge. Open that, if it isn't already opened. Then make your way up the stairs. I think there's 2 of those easy enemies. Eventually you'll get to another gate. Open this and you've have unlocked the shortcut that can get you to BSB in less than 2 minutes.

Edit: here's a video that shows you the shortcuts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skR1nne2bDE

Raven77

françois;203507265 said:
I think you may have missed the 2 shortcuts on the way to the blood starved beast. I got stuck on BSB, which also made me put down the game. Came back about a week ago, killed him on the second try and been making steady progress ever since.

I'll spoiler it just in case
but after you make it to the tower with the guy with the machine gun you'll enter this big hall, where you'll run to the end only to go down the stairs and once again cross the entire room. Once you exit that place you'll be outside on a terrace.

There you have to enter this little path to get to the lower path of old yharnam. Instead of instantly going there there's a gate further on the terrace. Open that for a shortcut back to the tower with the machine gun guy.

Afterwards there's the the lower part with the scourge beasts. On your way to BSB there should be a big door on the right, after crossing the bridge. Open that, if it isn't already opened. Then make your way up the stairs. I think there's 2 of those easy enemies. Eventually you'll get to another gate. Open this and you've have unlocked the shortcut that can get you to BSB in less than 2 minutes.

Edit: here's a video that shows you the shortcuts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skR1nne2bDE

Thats exactly what I needed! Thanks for posting this.

The Headless Bloodletting Beast in the final Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon is absolutely handing me my ass. Doubly embarrassing because I'm pretty sure I'm way over leveled at this point (somewhere in the 140s, 50 VIT and STR, 31 END, 41 ARC).

myco666

The Headless Bloodletting Beast in the final Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon is absolutely handing me my ass. Doubly embarrassing because I'm pretty sure I'm way over leveled at this point (somewhere in the 140s, 50 VIT and STR, 31 END, 41 ARC).

No need to feel embarassed. That is pretty much the recommended level for it and it is generally considered one of the harder bosses in the entire game. What weapon are you using?

No need to feel embarassed. That is pretty much the recommended level for it and it is generally considered one of the harder bosses in the entire game. What weapon are you using?

Logarius' Wheel +10. I don't think it's a moveset issue though. I just can't get the dodge timing/placement down for his attacks. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.

Gotta say, even when I'm pissed and want to throw my controller, boy do I love this game. Picked up the DLC and even went and picked up Dark Souls 1 for the PS3 because of it. I don't think I've been this satisfied by a gaming experience since I was a kid.

myco666

Logarius' Wheel +10. I don't think it's a moveset issue though. I just can't get the dodge timing/placement down for his attacks. I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.

Gotta say, even when I'm pissed and want to throw my controller, boy do I love this game. Picked up the DLC and even went and picked up Dark Souls 1 for the PS3 because of it. I don't think I've been this satisfied by a gaming experience since I was a kid.

LW should be fine but if you can get Whirligig Saw I highly recommend that since it will probably do way more damage. Remember to not use lock-on all the time. Having free camera helps me a lot during that fight.

Matty8787

I am about 2/3 hours in to my first ever experience of a soulsborne game and I am enjoying it quite a bit.

I have yet to even come across the first boss but have come up against the second one who whooped me silly.

I also come up against some woman in a bird mask who kept handing me my ass until yesterday when I ducked and rolled and eventually beat her, felt so satisfying.

Anyway game is fun.

myco666

I am about 2/3 hours in to my first ever experience of a soulsborne game and I am enjoying it quite a bit.

I have yet to even come across the first boss but have come up against the second one who whooped me silly.

I also come up against some woman in a bird mask who kept handing me my ass until yesterday when I ducked and rolled and eventually beat her, felt so satisfying.

Anyway game is fun.

Just a tip for future. If you can't lock on to a NPC don't attack it. You just killed Eileen making you not be able to get certain items since her questline can't progress. Nothing major but still.

Ferr986

Anyway game is fun.

You monster.

Oh dear haha is it worth starting over?

Hmm, not really, unless you want to do her quests. It rewards you a rune but its kind of meh. Rest of items you already got them killing her.

But also, you're literally at the start of the game so it wouldn't take much reaching that point.

Top Bottom