• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

A full BT build with a Chikage is the most powerful build in the game. The reason is that you can get about 600-800 (depending on the gems you use) AR full bloodtinge with that weapon and it's fast. Also there are only a few enemies resistant to BT in the game so basically you won't really need another weapon.
The awesome thing about that build is not only you do an insane amount of melee damage but also high damage with guns (Evelyn 1 bullet, Repeting Pistol slightly more powerful but uses 2 bullets) and you can also use Simon Bowblade for another ranged option that is completely broken in certain situations.

Isn't Saw Cleaver build with 50STR and 50Skill most powerful? I remember it having the highest DPS with those stats.

Sulik2

I swear sleeping is the cure all for tough bosses. Downed the Pthumerian Elder in two tries last night. Entire encounter just seemed to slow down. Got the headless blood-starved beast down without any issue after too. Just the Queen and the hidden endgame boss to go and I am finally done with Bloodborne.

Started like an hour ago. Killed everything before this bridge and then these two werewolves came at me. Got the first one, but the second one wrecked me. Feels like I was close to the boss smh

Atmosphere is off the charts. I like how those people behind the doors you can knock on taunt you lol Game feels refreshing to play after how slow Uncharted 4 was. Dodge is awesome. So quick compared to Souls. Rocking the saw cleaver and hunter pistol.

rulerk1

I know there are stats and everything on them but is the gear in this game pretty much just for show because the damage i'm taking from these enemies is kind of suspect. Does this game have an OP defense build or really a good gear set or pieces?

It wasn't until i took chances to explore that i came across a shortcut very close to where you died. I'll spoiler tag it in case you want to figure this out on your own

After the werewolves,
continue down the bridge. a goon comes out at you to from the left. behind him is a stairwell that leads into a room. Follow go outside through the door on opposite side of room and keep exploring. You'll make your way to the gate that is locked to the left of the first lantern you spawn to in the area. Now, you can just make your way to the bridge rather than fight that entire mob around the bonfire again.

Also, level up when you have enough souls :) it helps with the werewolves. They also have an easy pattern to learn.

Thanks! I figured that gate would be a nice shortcut to the boss.

First time
he destroyed me, got him down to half my second try. Hopefully, I can get him this time

Started like an hour ago. Killed everything before this bridge and then these two werewolves came at me. Got the first one, but the second one wrecked me. Feels like I was close to the boss smh

Atmosphere is off the charts. I like how those people behind the doors you can knock on taunt you lol Game feels refreshing to play after how slow Uncharted 4 was. Dodge is awesome. So quick compared to Souls. Rocking the saw cleaver and hunter pistol.

Oh my, prepare yourself

jonjonaug

I know there are stats and everything on them but is the gear in this game pretty much just for show because the damage i'm taking from these enemies is kind of suspect. Does this game have an OP defense build or really a good gear set or pieces?
The starting equipment is really bad for defense. You can find the standard hunter set hidden in Central Yharnam or buy a similar set in the Hunter's Dream.

Even the "best" armor in the game for physical defense is only slightly better than the Hunter set, but with the exception of a few sets (starting set and some others) most aren't much worse either. Your best bet is to use the Hunter's set most of the time and swap out depending on what you're fighting for Arcane/Fire/Elec/Status resistance if there's something that doesn't attack you with sharp/pointed objects or bullets.

Took a little break after my second death, but I managed to beat
Cleric Beast
my third try! That was intense. Whole cloak was filled with blood. Ngl I'm out of blood vials and bullets now though. Well, time to put these echoes to use.

Edit: Nvm bullets restore to 10 like Estus in Souls at the lantern it seems (?)

SDR-UK

Cleric Beast
my third try! That was intense. Whole cloak was filled with blood. Ngl I'm out of blood vials and bullets now though. Well, time to put these echoes to use.

You can carry a default of 20 bullets and vials, although this can increase using some of the runes you find throughout the game.

They restore after each time you die as you've noticed.

Sulik2

They don't restore like Eustus. They pull from how many you have in storage. On death its pulls enough vials and bullets from your storage to fill up your counts. You have to farm bullets and vials. My suggestion is after you level up, always spend the left over souls on extra blood vials and bullets, should keep you from having to farm too often. This is Bloodborne's dumbest game design decision.

rulerk1

The starting equipment is really bad for defense. You can find the standard hunter set hidden in Central Yharnam or buy a similar set in the Hunter's Dream.

Even the "best" armor in the game for physical defense is only slightly better than the Hunter set, but with the exception of a few sets (starting set and some others) most aren't much worse either. Your best bet is to use the Hunter's set most of the time and swap out depending on what you're fighting for Arcane/Fire/Elec/Status resistance if there's something that doesn't attack you with sharp/pointed objects or bullets.

thanks for the reply. I am actually in the Forbidden Forest area where there are enemies like Snatcher and Viper Pit Boss that can one shot you and everything does like a third of my health. Im mixing different pieces together as well but Ill switch to whatever my strogest gear is at this point. Appreciate the reply!

silva1991

Cleric Beast

They restore only if there are some in the storage

same goes for blood vials.

Melchiah

LOL

Took me 5-6 hrs beating the first boss. Little steps. Felt like my balls dropped when I unlocked the shortcut to the left of lantern at very beginning. I fought the boss over and over for awhile without said shortcut fighting the entire mob at beginning over and over.

See, figuring it out is the magic here.

Haha! That must have felt so good. Kudos for persevering the longer route.

Mike M

Nick N
I jumped into BB immediately after beating DS2. 30fps has never actually bothered me before, but damn, it comes close here. So jarring. Hopefully I acclimate in a hurry.

silva1991

Did a full sweep of the sewer area after cleric beast, found elevator which opened a shortcut and found where father gagne or whatever his name is is located.

Question before I dive into that fight:

A) I have Hunter Axe +1. Should I upgrade to Kirkhammer? Or get new armor?

B) I found madman knowledge . so instead of getting echoes, this simply gives me insight right? I should just redeem?

C) what is saw Hunter badge? Sword Hunter badge?

Thanks in advance!

gagne xD just call him father G

A) I have Hunter Axe +1. Should I upgrade to Kirkhammer? Or get new armor?

I honestly consider the axe is better because of it's reach+spin to win goodness

other than that all weapons in this game are viable unlike the other souls games
B) I found madman knowledge . so instead of getting echoes, this simply gives me insight right? I should just redeem?

it's up to you if you want to use it or not. just know that you need to have atleast one insight if you want to level up. other than that it's another currency for the insight vendor in the dream refugee hub area

C) what is saw Hunter badge? Sword Hunter badge?

each badge unlocks new stuff to buy from the normal vendor.it's like the ashs in Dark souls 3 if you ever played it.

JJShadow

Ok, Micolash in NG+ is amazingly stupid

I just beat him, but his Call Beyond magic attack one-shotted me 8 times in a row. I could understand this if I had not enough vitality, but I already have 50 VIT, so how the hell can he deals 1500+ dmg from one single shot? It was really, REALLY frustrating

Sulik2

I just beat him, but his Call Beyond magic attack one-shotted me 8 times in a row. I could understand this if I had not enough vitality, but I already have 50 VIT, so how the hell can he deals 1500+ dmg from one single shot? It was really, REALLY frustrating

I ran into the same issue then realized you could cheese him. You can shoot him with a pistol in the room from above before you drop down and make him run the first time. He teleports back out of the mirror and stops in the middle of the room again.

myco666

Well to be fair even player can dish out that amount of damage with it pretty easily. You won't see that tool though if you hug him at all times.

Orcastar

I remember him doing that to me even in NG. On my second character I never even saw the move since I just stunlocked him to death with Blades of Mercy.

Didn't play much today. Really just explored most of the sewer(managed to find a couple shortcuts) and I ran into
Father G
totally unprepared, not expecting another boss so soon with like 2 estus and 3 bullets on me.

I got him down to quarter, but died to his
second form. That form is relentless so you have to be on point once that happens.
Not too difficult of a fight though overall. Easy to parry him and his
initial form
staggers easily. Got him my second go. Fight was fun. Felt like a dance.

Also, the sawblade is awesome. Love both forms. And yeah the regain mechanic in this game is so rewarding!

silva1991

Didn't play much today. Really just explored most of the sewer(managed to find a couple shortcuts) and I ran into
Father G
totally unprepared, not expecting another boss so soon with like 2 estus and 3 bullets on me.

I got him down to quarter, but died to his
second form. That form is relentless so you have to be on point once that happens.
Not too difficult of a fight though overall. Easy to parry him and his
initial form
staggers easily. Got him my second go. Fight was fun. Felt like a dance.

Also, the sawblade is awesome. Love both forms. And yeah the regain mechanic in this game is so rewarding!

He has little hp, but his final form will always make me nervous.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
He has little hp, but his final form will always make me nervous.

It's cause it's so god damn fast. There should also be something said about it's intimidating design. It's tough to tell a lot of his features since it's mostly just black fur and muscle. The result is he kind of looks like a beastly shadow that dwarfs you. When faced against something like that, it's easy to go for your first instinct of backing away, and his attacks are designed around that response. most of his swipes are forward lunges, and it is super easy to get caught on some tombstones until he kicks you through them.

Though, I do hate the shit out of those tombstones, get caught on them every time I try to fight him legit.

God, waxing poetic just made me yearn for a BB2... again....

Ogawa-san

Just helped someone! I'm surprised I thought for sure the game is 100% dead
I started playing again last week, leveled a couple new chars and got called for most bosses. Even for chalice stuff, hell I helped someone kill
Yharnam Queen
today!

It's not like DS3's
Nameless King
with summons every 5s but it's still surprisingly active. Granted I had to leave it in worldwide matchmaking but still.

silva1991

Poor tristan keeps getting rekt by Ludwig

sometimes host should stop trying to be a hero and just let's summons do the job.

I started playing again last week, leveled a couple new chars and got called for most bosses. Even for chalice stuff, hell I helped someone kill
Yharnam Queen
today!

It's not like DS3's
Nameless King
with summons every 5s but it's still surprisingly active. Granted I had to leave it in worldwide matchmaking but still.

This is very good to hear. what I would do for another Bloodborne expansion.....

françois

Old yhardem or whatever

killed the sniper. Cleared the large room with all the shits and picked up a badge or something off gold pedestal. Now what?

You mean the guy on top of the tower with the machine gun? I also killed him, although I've heard he can become an ally if you keep him alive.
After either killing or entering the bossroom of Darkbeast Paarl.
Not sure if there's any upside to it though.

I've also got a question. I'm level 55-58ish. not certain.
I've killed darkbeast paarl, shadows of yharnam and cleared library 1F. My options now seem to be Cainhurst castle, byrgenwerth and nightmare frontier.
Where should I go first?

Byrgenwerth
seemed like the obvious choice
but that hunter that comes down the stairs has been kicking my ass.

Vorheez

Pleeeaase tell me there is a lamp in the Research Hall or some kind of shortcut... Running all the way there from Ludwig's lamp is getting old :/

Sulik2

ARG! Getting so close to my platinum, but I just realized I completely missed Laurence on my first play through of the DLC and now have to do it on NG+. Dude is rough. He hits like the dumb fire dog in the defiled chalice.

JJShadow

Well to be fair even player can dish out that amount of damage with it pretty easily. You won't see that tool though if you hug him at all times.

Yeah, I finally beated him by not letting him to take a breeze, I just kept close to his side and emptied the stamina bar constantly

Qurupeke

Hello. I've ordered a PS4 and Bloodborne, so I'll join this community soon. Anyway, a question. I've ordered the normal edition of the game because it was part of a deal, not the GOTY edition, so I'm missing the DLC, but I'll eventually get it. Should I get it before or after I finish the game though?

jonjonaug

Hello. I've ordered a PS4 and Bloodborne, so I'll join this community soon. Anyway, a question. I've ordered the normal edition of the game because it was part of a deal, not the GOTY edition, so I'm missing the DLC, but I'll eventually get it. Should I get it before or after I finish the game though?
Before.

Top Bottom