• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

JWNSY

Wow, just beat the first boss
Ludwig
That was amazing. The first phase was frustrating
but the music and attacks in the second phase wow. I can't get enough. amazing

MilkBeard

They won't. I seriously have hard time believing that DS3 will be better than this. Just because it has medieval setting already makes it not as good.

Yeah, I'm kind of doubtful that DS3 will achieve the same level of vibe and design. I hear that the network test was fun, but it doesn't give me the same vibes that the original Dark Souls and Bloodborne have (from watching the videos). I hope I'm wrong.

drotahorror

Oh yes, gotg tier game
Don't know about DS3, but i'm dying to see what Miyazaki's inspirer will bring with The Last Guardian :)

I'm almost positive DS3 will be better than this (to me). Bloodborne is a sick PVE game and that's it. The Souls game have great PVE and solid PVP.

To people that have finished the new DLC on NG. What level are/were you?

One of my alts is lvl 74 and is on NG+ but I'm already higher than that on NG just doing the DLC and in the normal areas I just had got to the Lecture Hall.

On this edition, is the DLC on disk, or a voucher ?

Bloodborne-Game-of-the-Year-Boxart2.jpg

Thanks !

TitusTroy

defeated all 5 bosses in the DLC solo with no help!...victory!...I played in regular NG so I can only imagine the difficulty in NG+ and higher...I'm sure there are some things I missed as far as items and secrets so time to read a walkthrough...I know those brain fluid things meant something but I never found out what it was

NEO0MJ

Bumping. Come on you guys, don't you pride yourself on being one of the more welcoming and informative fanbases?

Haven't bought this yet but I was wondering, is there anything you can miss? Like the Lord's Blade set in Dark Souls or any other optional bosses/items?

Arjen

Bumping. Come on you guys, don't you pride yourself on being one of the more welcoming and informative fanbases?

If you explore thoroughly you should be able to get everything. One sidequest is pretty hard to uncover completely though.

myco666

Yeah, I'm kind of doubtful that DS3 will achieve the same level of vibe and design. I hear that the network test was fun, but it doesn't give me the same vibes that the original Dark Souls and Bloodborne have (from watching the videos). I hope I'm wrong.

That and I really think that Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 both lack atmosphere especially when comparing to Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. Also Dark Souls 2 left a bad taste for the series.

I'm almost positive DS3 will be better than this (to me). Bloodborne is a sick PVE game and that's it. The Souls game have great PVE and solid PVP.

To people that have finished the new DLC on NG. What level are/were you?

One of my alts is lvl 74 and is on NG+ but I'm already higher than that on NG just doing the DLC and in the normal areas I just had got to the Lecture Hall.

I was around 80 on my second run on NG and I thought the difficulty was fine all the way through. Challenging but not too challenging.

So, who wants to give me a hand with the O
rphan of Kos
on NG? I've set my password to GAF.

Still ringing?

TitusTroy

I just finished the DLC and was wondering...
that guy in the Research Hall who says he's looking for his eyes, he thinks it fell in a puddle...can the player help him?...there are also other NPC's in that level who say they can't hear etc...is this part of a quest?

TitusTroy

What's the recommended starting level for the DLC if playing in NG+?

Sony recommends a level of 65 for average players accessing the new areas in the DLC...for a NG+ playthrough you’re going to need a level of about 130 to cut it against these bosses, because they are some of the most difficult in the game

Lyonaz

I was 110 and got up to the first boss just fine, but he bitchslapped me, I'm now around 120 and finally started to recognize his patterns and he seems doable. So I would say 120+?

Ok so I heard this DLC is particularly difficult? I'm not the best Souls player but I beat the game (I needed help with Martry Logarius and Gerhman).

Have i got any chance of completing the DLC?!

I'm in NG+ at the very start so will have to get up to Vicar Amelia before I even get there but I'm just worried I'll not even be able to get through the DLC. But I'm craving more Souls at the moment!

I'm Level 83 on NG+ at Central Yharnam I haven't beat a boss on my NG+ playthrough yet as when I completed it I just went into NG+ and then moved on to other games. I recall reading that you need to be at least level 100 on a NG+ playthrough? I might get close to that by the time I get past Vicar Amelia?

Bumping for new page.

Go_Ly_Dow

Sony recommends a level of 65 for average players accessing the new areas in the DLC...for a NG+ playthrough you’re going to need a level of about 130 to cut it against these bosses, because they are some of the most difficult in the game

100 or so imo.

65 for NG+? your thinking NG.

I was 110 and got up to the first boss just fine, but he bitchslapped me, I'm now around 120 and finally started to recognize his patterns and he seems doable. So I would say 120+?

Gawd dayum.

Best getting grinding then. About 30-40 levels behind.

Ferr986

I think they recommended 115 for NG+?
I finished (well, I still have the optional boss) NG++ on 130. Areas aren't that bad but the first and fourth boss... god fucking lord 2 hours on each lol second and third are way easier in comparison.

I predict another 2 hours atleast for the optional boss.

VIT as high as you can (I had 1890 although you could go with some less) and a weapon+10 and decent gems are a must IMO.

Bumping for new page.

Level 83 on NG+ would be rough for the DLC IMO. You should level up to +100 atleast. Yeah I think on your way to Amelia you'll get close to 100, and after that you can go inside the DLC and level up with the enemies there. The roadblock is the first boss mostly.

Jesus Christ this is bad ass. Can't believe I didn't hear it when I was fighting him.

Anyway, I love the Souls series. There's so much quirkiness and random shit that's sometimes horrifying, yet charming at the same time. I mean I just helped some lady (minor side quest spoiler)
turn into a fucking blob
. Not to mention how every NPC is so unique and you rarely ever find shit like this in any other game; and it's from a Japanese developer! Nuts on nuts on nuts!

Very good DLC so far even though it reuses assets and some areas look familiar. Well worth a $20 purchase for any Soulsborne fan.

Level 83 on NG+ would be rough for the DLC IMO. You should level up to +100 atleast. Yeah I think on your way to Amelia you'll get close to 100, and after that you can go inside the DLC and level up with the enemies there. The roadblock is the first boss mostly.

Ah ok thanks. In that case I'll aim to get past Amelia over the next month or so inbetween other games and then purchase the DLC once I'm there. As like you say, at least i can level up in the new areas at that point :)

Ah ok thanks. In that case I'll aim to get past Amelia over the next month or so inbetween other games and then purchase the DLC once I'm there. As like you say, at least i can level up in the new areas at that point :)

I'm level 134 in NG+ and im finding it very challenging. I had to summon to beat the 1st boss and will probably have to for the 2nd as well.

twothreesix

Neo Member
A combo'd L1 transformation attack on the Boom Hammer seems to be doing some fire damage, so I'm pretty sure doing a combo like R1->L1->R1 (or R2) counts as three fire attacks in a row. This thing is doing insane damage on my 50 arcane build.

Plus the charged R2 is pretty much a faster, stronger Stake Driver R2. With more reach, and an AOE.

Zocano

It's pretty good but I typically don't really get wild about most Souls music. Standard orchestral stuff is fine in the moment but I rarely get really moved by any of it. Gehrman's theme being the exception in Bloodborne. None of the music in the DLC really caught my attention outside of just being in service their respective fights.

I preferred how quirky and weird they were trying to be with Demon's Souls, and like most aspects, it's still unbeaten in the series. Flamelurker forevah.

Top Bottom