• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Motherfuckin Ludwig
down. What a pain in the ass (NG+).
Didn't realize that you have to come close to him when he lifts the sword during his second phase. That cost me at least 5 attempts...

NEO0MJ

Haven't bought this yet but I was wondering, is there anything you can miss? Like the Lord's Blade set in Dark Souls or any other optional bosses/items?

duxstar

Realized how hard this game was when starting a new bloodtinge character , keep getting owned by BSB tonight , maybe I need to level up more ? The running out of bullets and vials again sucks though

Tingle

People talking about multiplayer so much, I wonder if I have been missing out playing exclusively on Offline mode for both main game and the DLC.

Not really. If you don't do co-op, you basically can't be invaded anyway. And co-op makes most things too easy anyway.

I do a lot of multiplayer, but its certainly not a core part of the experience to me. In Souls it was a lot more important when you could be invaded anywhere at any time, and it really added to the tension. In Bloodborne it feels like an afterthought, which is a shame because the new combat system probably lends itself better to PvP, at least to me.

Bebpo

Banned
Camera is awful up close with
laurance
, pretty much making the fight impossible since when I dash In to get some hits I can't see what he's doing and I get nailed on the way out. Been trying for like an hour and can't do more than 50-60%. Kept trying to ring the bell with no luck so no co-op to help argh.

Floody

laurance
, pretty much making the fight impossible since when I dash In to get some hits I can't see what he's doing and I get nailed on the way out. Been trying for like an hour and can't do more than 50-60%. Kept trying to ring the bell with no luck so no co-op to help argh.

Don't lock on to him, makes the camera issues way less common.

Question GAF, this game is available on Amazon for $20. I can pick this up and play sometime mid next year considering the huge back log I have at the moment, the games that I have already purchased and sitting at my desk or I just wait for a GOTY with the DLC sometime next year and then purchase that.

Suggestions?

Derpot

laurance

Camera is the real hunter's curse !

drotahorror

Anyone know where the crystal lizard is in Fishing Hamlet? I've made it past that area into the next part but haven't seen one. I know he drops a chunk and I need it.

Floody

Anyone know where the crystal lizard is in Fishing Hamlet? I've made it past that area into the next part but haven't seen one. I know he drops a chunk and I need it.

In the house that you walk on after first leaving the
Lighthouse Hut
(around the corner, not through any shortcuts), be careful though, it might have an escape plan.

deoee

Yeah for sure. The only area that comes close to me in creepiness factor is Tower of Latria from Demon's Souls.

I found the Unseen Village to be unsettling too but only because of the lighting and statues crawling everywhere.

This here is on another level... People talking crazy shit, those worm like enemies. UGH

You need to drop off the walkway into a balcony. He'll run off through a hole in the floor where there's a lot of flammable containers and a dude throwing grenades.

Bebpo

Banned
Finally got someone and maaaaaan bosses are like 100x easier in co-op since they're always putting their back to someone who can run up and get free hits in. It's sort of unfair but I'll take it for
laurance

Mutombo

i dont understand how some of you manage to not take damage with ludwigs first form. i see you
standing close to him, but i still get my ass handed to me.

grimmiq

Wow..The Beasthunter Saif just eats through the baby spiders in the Rom fight. 1st R1 knocks their head up, 2nd bypasses the defense and hits the body.

silva1991

I have like 40 arcane and my moonlight swrord doesn't feel powerfull! it's weaker than my tontirus. maybe I just need to put 3 arcane gems?

myco666

Na i get to the final phase 90% of the time now, if i don't die to some dodgy bullshit in phase 1 . But i seriously need to go on a normal save and just spend some time figuring out when to hit him in phase 2.

That phase 2 is the easier part of the fight atleast on normal runs. I have much easier time reading the moves and dodging and then there is the part
where he raises his sword, causes the small AoE and does the big explosion where you get so many free hits in its ridiculous.

Rikudo

Banned
So is the dlc worth it? Also starting from a new game, can I just do the dlc with my level up to that point when I get to Amelia, or is it better to do the dlc a bit later when I've leveled up a bit more further in the main game?

So is the dlc worth it? Also starting from a new game, can I just do the dlc with my level up to that point when I get to Amelia, or is it better to do the dlc a bit later when I've leveled up a bit more further in the main game?

Personal opinion but the DLC would be ridicilously hard if I went right after Amelia. 60 is the recommended level and I started to dive into it with level 70 or so and it was still challenging.

As for worth it: it's more of the same in the end (which is good imo). Extra weapons are pretty neat especially if you play strenght character. I do wish it was a tad bit longer but I don't regret the purchase at all.

Top Bottom