• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Damn I FINALLY beat L
udwig
, alone on NG++++

Hardest boss I've ever beat in a video game, period. At least 30 or 40 tries. Almost had a heart attack at the end, I only had 1 potion left.

12244750_10208473554817623_6137164436070374838_o.jpg

That's where I am right now
password is GAFHUNT
and location is worldwide

K are you SDR UK?

Deku Tree

How do the gemstone things that you put in your weapons work... Because I have 100s of them and I put the most damage ones into weapons that I use... But how do I get rid of the weak ones that I'll never use? And is there an easy way to figure out which ones to get rid of... Thanks!

Fhtagn

Need a bit of help with a second area side quest:

I had a "don't kill anything that doesn't attack me first" rule in place for my first run through and now that the stairs are up in the air, I can't figure out how to get back up into the rafters to be able to get another brain fluid from the "splish splash, plip plop" that I didn't hit earlier.

Can I still get back there? How? Anyone have a video showing the path?

myco666

NG+
My gems: Phys ATK +21%, Phys ATK + 20.8%, Blood ATK + 23%.
My stat: Vit 50, End 30, Str 14, Spd 14, BL 50, Arc 15.

DPS is not as great as Chikage but its attack has more range and it doesn't drain your HP in 2h mode (only cost 20% HP).

Okay. Need to check if I could farm more echoes to get that high BT.

silva1991

I had a "don't kill anything that doesn't attack me first" rule in place for my first run through and now that the stairs are up in the air, I can't figure out how to get back up into the rafters to be able to get another brain fluid from the "splish splash, plip plop" that I didn't hit earlier.

Yes you can. I know because I did it yesterday after beating all bosses.

exactly I didn't have issues with
Ludvig
but
Laurence
hell no still stuck and I think I'm gonna give up ):

I honestly almost gave up, saying "fuck this, I bought this DLC but can't pass the first boss". But then I remembered that I beat the Watch Dog in the chalice dungeon, it gave me hope and power.

exactly I didn't have issues with
Ludvig
but
Laurence
hell no still stuck and I think I'm gonna give up ):

That fight is just unfair, even more so at NG++, if you avoid his physical blows then his fire aoe will defiantely get you and stagger you. The boss ls like

Oh! you're staggered? let me whack you a few more times.
Oh! you're half way across the map? Let me crawl my way over there while taking 90% of your health.
Oh!
you cut my legs? Jokes on you i'm just stronger now that I can shit and spit lava

Thought it'd be nice to get the holy sword after Rom and collecting some chunks but old Ludwig says no. Had no problem with the second phase at all on my NG+ run but now I'm getting to it no problem but then I'm getting hit by maybe 1 in 10 sword swings and it leads to full health -> death wombo combo. The last attempt I did I got hit by the same overhead 3 times in a row and couldn't dodge out of it at all.

With a 300 AR the DLC enemies still don't go down in a timely manner. Maybe there's some lore reason but I find it weird as hell you unlock it after Amelia. The DLC is easily depth 4/depth 5 Chalice difficulty.

Manu

These sharks in the pit. Fuck.

That jumping attack is basically a one hit kill since he hits you when he starts flailing. I can't seem to dodge it.

I honestly almost gave up, saying "fuck this, I bought this DLC but can't pass the first boss". But then I remembered that I beat the Watch Dog in the chalice dungeon, it gave me hope and power.

Everyone always says they had trouble with the Defiled Watchdog. The worst, cheapest, most difficult fight, people say. Nothing is as hard as the Defiled Watchdog.

I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that people rush into that dungeon supremely underleveled. This seems to be the case with a lot of chalice bosses, but particularly this one, because of how the damage works.

Good on you, and others, for beating a boss like that at what I can only assume is a really low level. It still took three hits to kill me by the time I was down there, and it's probably the slowest and most telegraphed boss in the game. You always know exactly what it's going to do. I had fought other Watchdogs twice already and the Defiled one was no problem for me.

However, Ludwig stonewalled me for days and I cried myself to sleep. Then I messed up my campaign and have to do it all over again. I wish I was never born.

TraBuch

Banned
I cheesed the fuck out of Laurence. Got him down to his second form normally, than just stayed at a distance spamming Blacksky Eye at him til he died.

Everyone always says they had trouble with the Defiled Watchdog. The worst, cheapest, most difficult fight, people say. Nothing is as hard as the Defiled Watchdog.

I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that people rush into that dungeon supremely underleveled. This seems to be the case with a lot of chalice bosses, but particularly this one, because of how the damage works.

Good on you, and others, for beating a boss like that at what I can only assume is a really low level. It still took three hits to kill me by the time I was down there, and it's probably the slowest and most telegraphed boss in the game. You always know exactly what it's going to do. I had fought other Watchdogs twice already and the Defiled one was no problem for me.

However, Ludwig stonewalled me for days and I cried myself to sleep. Then I messed up my campaign and have to do it all over again. I wish I was never born.

I was level 160 at least on NG++. Almost cried for this boss, so fucking hard, but congrats if you managed to see all its patterns and dodge its attacks. I can't decide if Ludwig was harder than this one.

Made a quick vid

Hope it helps.

I was level 160 at least on NG++. Almost cried for this boss, so fucking hard, but congrats if you managed to see all its patterns and dodge its attacks. I can't decide if Ludwig was harder than this one.

Wow. So much for my hypothesis.

But, this just proves that this is a game that's very different on a player to player basis. Something easy for you could be very hard for someone else. Sometimes I forget that. I hope I didn't sound rude.

Wow. So much for my hypothesis.

But, this just proves that this is a game that's very different on a player to player basis. Something easy for you could be very hard for someone else. Sometimes I forget that. I hope I didn't sound rude.

Lol no it's ok dude :p

I think you're right. And let's not forget precipitation, after 20+ tries, I think almost everyone can lose his patience and start playing badly because you just want to end this (it's in these moments that you must stop playing and come back later).

For me the Defiled Watchdog was much easier than Ludwig for example. I just couldn't get any reasonable idea of his moves in the first phase. Second phase was much easier one I got there a few times. Defiled Amygdala was harder for me as well.

A few days back someone was saying how hard the Witch of Hemwick is. For me it is by faaaaaar the easiest boss in the game, I cannot imagine dying to it. It really depends on the player how hard the bosses in the game are it seems.

Mandelbo

These sharks in the pit. Fuck.

That jumping attack is basically a one hit kill since he hits you when he starts flailing. I can't seem to dodge it.

I did it like this, following the strategy someone posted a while ago. Just make sure you don't miss with the bone blade!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
OH HELL YES!!!!

BEAT THOSE FREAKING
SHARK GUYS
IN THE WELL!

YESSS!

I'm pumped!! Holy shit that took me 40 tries. Not even kidding... since you have to dart to the well, I died 5 or 6 times before even getting to the fight. I got one-shot killed like 10 times. Just insane. Outside of bosses and hunters, I'd argue that was the absolute pinnacle of difficulty in Bloodborne.

I used the
shaman bone
trick. I only had
three
of them; so after wasting one, I kinda cheated and backed up my save to a flash drive. Then just practiced and burned through like 60 vials. Re-loaded the usb drive. Didn't trust
just one bone, so I used one, waited, used my last one. Then watched them duke it out." Fortunately, the beast with the item died first, picked up the item (which is BADASS) and then finished off the other.

Anyway, a bit cheap. And I don't know if I really got better or just got lucky. But 3+ hours later, and about 100 vials used... I got it!!!

Whew.

CHC

Just started this expansion for the first time on New Game +.

Mannnnn fuck those fire hammer hunters up the butt. The parry timing is so weird, I always get slammed by them - and the few times I do actually manage to get the parry off successfully I'm so surprised by it that I don't actually get up to them in time to deliver the attack!

This is great so far though. My early impressions are that it is HARD, which I enjoy.

BeeDog

My biggest gaming accomplishment in a while, or ever:

Killing L
aurence
on my first try solo, level 195, NG++(+?). It was a seriously close call, especially in phase 2. Had 5 vials and 4 bullets left.

WOO!

MeanArrow

Neo Member
After 1 1/2 hours I finally beat
Kos
solo in NG+++. I basically fought him like
Gwyn
in Dark Souls when I had a Dex build = Parry all day long.
Used Hunter's Pistol and Church Pick +10.

The last trophy left is the one for the optional boss.
I heard bad things about it :/

Top Bottom