• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Jeez, you guyz beating the bosses on NG++ and beyond are crazy ! I wouldn't be able to do that lol

Depends on your build. The scaling seems different than the main games ng+ etc.

For example I'm trying
ludwig
with my lvl 143 hunter in NG+++. I take more damage but I can do a high % damage per hit.

So really, it depends. I think an NG+ char who has gone through the chalice dungeons will find it easier than an NG char who hasn't for example.

Zemm

Hmm I just one shot L
aurence
at level 85, went in expecting to break my controller through frustration then just killed him right then. Don't even think I was over levelled because I killed OoK minutes before and that took me a lot of tries.

For me boss difficluty in this game goes:

1. Ludwig
huge gap
2. OoK
3. Larry
4. Maria
5. Living Failures

Boss fun on the other hand:

1. Maria
2. OoK
3. Larry
4. Ludwig
5. LF

Jeez, you guyz beating the bosses on NG++ and beyond are crazy ! I wouldn't be able to do that lol

Some people (most people?) seem to start a new character every time they beat the game. Then they make specialized spreads with the intention of using specific weapons. A lot of people are accustomed to NG difficulty ramping in that respect.

I have never done that. I prefer to keep building a single character who is eventually capable of everything. And when you have a character with many flexible talents, NG+ is very different. Other than obviously having upgraded weapons, more weapons period, and tools at your disposal, you are basically always leveled to a point where you can beat the next boss.

The DLC on NG++ and higher is not like that. On NG++, you can pretty much walk right up to any boss in the game and still kill them on your first or second try. The bosses in the Hunter's Nightmare are SO DIFFICULT on NG++ that it's like being right back at level 4 in Central Yharnam again. Don't get hit. Don't run out of stamina. Don't press the wrong button. Or else, of course, you are dead.

Trakan

How do the gemstone things that you put in your weapons work... Because I have 100s of them and I put the most damage ones into weapons that I use... But how do I get rid of the weak ones that I'll never use? And is there an easy way to figure out which ones to get rid of... Thanks!

Sell off your weaker ones at the vendor. Same place you buy weapons, blood vials, etc.

Spoo

I just beat M
aria
and my body is still kind of shaking. It was a really difficult boss for me to overcome (harder than L
udwig
for me by a factor of 10). That said, I developed a really good strat for her if you're on regular old NG and you are using an axe.

1. For the first phase, simply dodge towards her and to the right and hold R2. That's actually it. 9 times out of ten you will hit her once or twice, sometimes knocking her to the ground completely. 1/10 times, you'll miss, because you're too far away from her -- she will dash backwards. To recover from this, use your last bit of stamina to dodge immediately to the right, and you'll avoid her counter.

2. At 50% health, you should only need to have used 1 or 2 of your hopefully 24 health potions. To make this phase quick, try to have 40 or greater strength. Basically, parry will save the day.The timing is incredibly difficult, but thanks to your huge remaining potion amount you can afford to waste some bullets in this fight trying for it. Stay about 12 feet away from her so if you land the parry shot you can roll (or dash) up to her and hit R1.

3. When she ads fire to her attack, I recommend *not* trying to parry. For whatever reason, she can defend against it. Instead, wait until she does the move where she shoots straight out with the spear-like attack, dodge left or right and move up to her and spam R1 about 2 or 3 times. If you have fire paper on your weapon, you'll stun her and she'll eventually warp back. Wash rinse repeat until she is dead.

I finished with a total of 15 or so Health potions still available. Always try to make sure you are max health before engaging in case things go wrong -- this ensures even if she takes you by surprise you can dash out far enough where her long range attacks generally won't hit you.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I finally decided to buy the Old Hunters exp dlc.

There's just some weird thing happening when I booted up the game though. I remembered I was playing a NEW GAME PLUS where I barely left Amelia dead, but now that I returned after so many months and clicked "Continue" I find myself in my original save file with every tomb already unlocked and seemingly dead bosses. Wtf happened?

Didn't had a choice, I was on the end of the game on NG+3 just before the DLC released, I had to relaunch a NG+ in order to access it, and it's out of question that I start a new character and fight again with Gascoigne.

Manu

Well, fuck those sharks very much.

I killed the first one but then the second one one-shot me with his fucking grab.

Finalow

Lol, how am I getting invasions every 20 seconds with the gaf password, but without password takes 3 hours to even find one.

legit surprised

Cruxist

DLC Conquered! And on NG+ no less!

Laurence
was the absolute worst. Had to use Valtr to get him into his second form, and then I wrecked him. I had that pattern down pat. It's a long fight because there are so few openings to deal damage, but by the end of it, I was out of vials and taking no damage because I had the pattern down.

Those damn sharks are terrible and just so freaking frustrating. Everything else about it is great though. One of the most worthwhile DLC's I've ever played.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Have you tried shaman bone things yet? Grab one of those and a blue elixer and when the 2nd comes out you should be able to clean up the mess.

Also lock on and strafe to your left and his right. Stay as close as possible to him and his enouous sweeping swing should miss and give you a free backstab.

Thanks for the tip, I actually didn't know what the shaman bone blade did until I looked it up just now and I have the platinum, lol. That totally did it, they damn near killed each other and I just picked them off.

Mmmmm, interesting.

Bloodbornetrade_20151126001756.jpg

I didn't know you can walk to the water in the final dlc boss, when I did the boss got stuck on a branch and I tried to cheap out the whole fight. I was too greedy...

http://youtu.be/OQI1o58PqKY

There is no bottomless pit I was surprised after I killed the boss, clever, clever From.

RiggyRob

Second 'episode' of our playthrough, Pimmsy vs The Witch of Hemwick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1eEvjUSUcQ

It was hilarious watching her think she'd killed the boss, only for the second one to appear - still though, this is one of the easiest bosses in the game, so she didn't have too much trouble.

I do like the siren song of the music, very eerie.

She's slowly making her way to Byrgenwerth, she wants to get stronger before she tries tackling the
Hunter's Nightmare

Second 'episode' of our playthrough, Pimmsy vs The Witch of Hemwick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1eEvjUSUcQ

It was hilarious watching her think she'd killed the boss, only for the second one to appear - still though, this is one of the easiest bosses in the game, so she didn't have too much trouble.

I do like the siren song of the music, very eerie.

She's slowly making her way to Byrgenwerth, she wants to get stronger before she tries tackling the
Hunter's Nightmare

Would be a suicide go to that zone and not beat Vicar before

GorillaJu

alright I've been on this fucking boss for hours. He 2-shots me and I'm just tired of dying. Can anyone help me on Ludwig? I'm ringing a beckoning bell at the nightmare church lantern with GAFHUNT

Finally have some time to play more of this. Anyone up for some Co-Op? What password should I use? GAFHUNT?

EDIT: I'm on NG+ and in second area just after beating L
udwig, up the elevator.

KRaZyAmmo

finally beat
Orphan of Kos
. my hands are shaking. Given that this boss gave me the hardest time. with 3 vitals and 17 bullets left.

Oh man, I thought I was hot shit but then I met
Ludwig
, he's been kicking my ass an unholy amount. Have to take a break. Any tips?

Finally have some time to play more of this. Anyone up for some Co-Op? What password should I use? GAFHUNT?

EDIT: I'm on NG+ and in second area just after beating L
udwig, up the elevator.

I could join you if you are ringing the bell right now. Seems like the people struggling with the first boss arent calling the bells anymore.

Derpot

I'm too salty to be crazy D:
Old Hunters bosses sure are really difficult, nothing to do with the main game.

I think its awful weapon for anything really.

Really? I dunno. When you see the stats and scaling, it kinda looks op, no ?

I tried the Saif a little more and I'm starting to love it, actually !

Top Bottom