• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Early dlc talk....is there a shortcut before
Ludwig
?

There is a lamp almost right next to the arena. Check near the guy with the 'cannon'.

edit.
Okay now the difficulty is starting to feel. 4th boss spoilers
Orhpan of Kos is so freaking relentless and I have barely any room to breathe. Can you parry any of his moves?

God I hate the PS store. What a piece of shit.

I bought Old Hunters. It shows on my download list on the web store. I turn on my PS4. It's not downloading, and I can't find it anywhere to download it on my PS4. Is there simply no preload for this or what? On the webstore it just says download error.

For anyone that's done the first boss.

is there a 100% way to avoid the delayed jump attack with the blood dripping during the first phase? I swear he knows exactly where I am every time despite running around the map like a madman

Got to 4th boss just now. I think I am calling it quits soon and go to sleep really hard to concentrate on anything. Had to save gameplay so that I could hear some dialog since it all just went past my brain.

Have to say all bosses are some of the best in the entire game. And art direction is top notch. Really loving how these areas look.

Buh buh B Team

I bought Old Hunters. It shows on my download list on the web store. I turn on my PS4. It's not downloading, and I can't find it anywhere to download it on my PS4. Is there simply no preload for this or what? On the webstore it just says download error.

The DLC is included in the patch. You just buy access to it.

Anyone have any idea why I can not find this on the playstation store on the console or my computer? I have the digital version of bloodborne from launch

Persona7

Banned

Hit the options button on the bloodborne icon and check for update. If it is the latest version then you have the DLC already and have to wait for the timer to unlock the license.

Anyone have any idea why I can not find this on the playstation store on the console or my computer? I have the digital version of bloodborne from launch

on the PS store I just go to "coming soon" and it's right there for me.

Hit the options button on the bloodborne icon and check for update. If it is the latest version then you have the DLC already and have to wait for the timer to unlock the license.

FFS. That's my "problem". Thanks.

You've already downloaded it. But nice temper tantrum.

Okay maybe this explains my download error...didn't realize it was already included in the download.

For those playing the DLC, I have a NG character who I'm really just using to access this content and is lvl 26.

Is the DLC content harder for lower levels or have a suggested level? I wish I could do it with my NG+ char but bosses are too hard for me :(

Big Brett

Are you an advanced player and know the game very well? Took me under two hours to get to that point. That also included farming some items and echoes.

Advanced, sure. Only been through the game once but I've played the souls series extensively. I've read the guide and it should be doable. What did you farm?

For anyone that's done the first boss.

is there a 100% way to avoid the delayed jump attack with the blood dripping during the first phase? I swear he knows exactly where I am every time despite running around the map like a madman

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For those playing the DLC, I have a NG character who I'm really just using to access this content and is lvl 26.

Is the DLC content harder for lower levels or have a suggested level? I wish I could do it with my NG+ char but bosses are too hard for me :(

Level 26 might be too low. People are saying level 60.

Persona7

Banned
Advanced, sure. Only been through the game once but I've played the souls series extensively. I've read the guide and it should be doable. What did you farm?

Blood Echoes, Blood Stone Shards, and Twin Blood Stone Shards in Hypogean Gaol. Reload the area and kill the pigs and snatchers.

Do any of the new weapons dethrone LHB as the most ludicrously overpowered weapon?

I'm one of those people who can't justify using anything else because literally nothing can even touch the damage output of the LHB. But I'm so sick of using it. Jesus Christ, it clips through almost every single outfit.

But, like, I can do 400 damage with a Saw Spear or I can do 650 with LHB at the same speed. Please give me another weapon that even comes close.

Arjen

Unless you're pretty good you will get shit on at level 26

gunstarhero

Is it possible to miss the new content? I just started NG+ and beat the Cleric Beast. My understanding it can trigger around Vicar, but can you miss it?

myco666

Decided to upload videos of boss fights to YT. Won't be writing names on the links for obvious reasons. Hopefully none of you are using embed videos here.

First boss
Second boss
Third boss

edit.

Is it possible to miss the new content? I just started NG+ and beat the Cleric Beast. My understanding it can trigger around Vicar, but can you miss it?

It is never locked away from you if you mean that. You really can't miss it though if you progress in the story.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well that NPC Summon made the Viscar Amelia fight in NG+ 10 times easier than it should have been...

Floody

Doing it on NG+++ was a mistake, the
Hunters
do soo much damage and barely take any. Well time for the Holy Blade.

Well that NPC Summon made the Viscar Amalia fight in NG+ 10 times easier than it should have been...

Yep, used 2 against the Shadows and didn't get hit once.

Do any of the new weapons dethrone LHB as the most ludicrously overpowered weapon?

I'm one of those people who can't justify using anything else because literally nothing can even touch the damage output of the LHB. But I'm so sick of using it. Jesus Christ, it clips through almost every single outfit.

But, like, I can do 400 damage with a Saw Spear or I can do 650 with LHB at the same speed. Please give me another weapon that even comes close.
Chikage. It's two handed mode scales with bloodtinge though.

Bedlam

Man, the
hunters
are so fun to fight! But now I'm all out of bullets lol.

Well, I just played for little more than half an hour at level 40 and it's pretty tough. I managed to clear a lot of the first area, found a complete armor set (pieces are all over the place) and a new melee weapon. But eventually a pretty big guy killed me. I'm now level 45 and I suppose if I really banged my head against the DLC, I could go further but I think I'll do the Forbidden Woods and Rom first before returning (at least I got the new gear to change things up a bit).

At level 20 I'd definitely turn around and level up some more before doing the dlc.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I am so not prepared for doing this DLC in NG+, but I don't want to do the whole game before doing it, either...

Chikage. It's two handed mode scales with bloodtinge though.

At the cost of your health, though. Ludwig's Holy Blade offers you massive damage in two handed mode at no drawback. :/

Chikage and Blades of Mercy both have their situational benefits, and are superior PVP options, but LHB is like a freight train in PVE.

Ferrio

Banned
I need to figure out if I have a character ready for the DLC. I'm on the fence, so unless I have a character that's ready to take on the new stuff right away I might pass. Wonder if my 1st character has a save file for ordinary NG before gerhman.

Vire

If I killed Amelia before I bought the DLC, am I screwed or can I just go to the alter afterwords?

SRTtoZ

Kind of shitty that the DLC is so hidden on the store, all you see is Battlefront BATTLEFRONT BATTLEFRONT.

Keep in mind if you want your preorder theme you can find the DLC in the PSstore and download it now.

Facism

Do I have to get grabbed by the amygdala if I want to access the nightmare? I warped back to the dream and it's not listed on any of the warp gravestones

soooo good
the first boss destroyed me, tomorrow i will have my revenge
lvl 175 ng+++ here, those hunters hit like fuckin truck

Bedlam

Kind of shitty that the DLC is so hidden on the store, all you see is Battlefront BATTLEFRONT BATTLEFRONT.

Keep in mind if you want your preorder theme you can find the DLC in the PSstore and download it now.
I was thinking the same thing earlier.

What the fuck, Sony? Why not give this some space on the storefront and hype it up?

SRTtoZ

If I killed Amelia before I bought the DLC, am I screwed or can I just go to the alter afterwords?

You should be able to just go to the alter anytime after you beat Vicar, then back to the hunters dream to get the item.

I was thinking the same thing earlier.

What the fuck, Sony? Why not give this some space on the storefront and hype it up?

Yep its so bad. Even by searching "Bloodborne" or "The Old Hunters" I can't find it (Only can find the complete edition). I had to go to Games>Addons>Most popular to find it. Hey, at least its popular but if you're a gamer who doesn't follow every day gaming news you might have no clue that the DLC is even out.

Oswen

That first boss, awesome stuff.

It's good to be back in Bloodborne, can't wait to continue tomorrow.

Top Bottom