• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Melchiah

I just returned to the DLC after raising my level from 60 to 90, with skill at 50 and Threaded Cane +9, and now it seems much more manageable. Opened another shortcut, beat mini-
Blood-starved Beast
, and was surprised how easily the
Bloodlickers
went down. I was dreading to go there, remembering how they were in the main game. Tomorrow I'll be facing the two
Executioners
again, and see what lies further on. It feels good to finally properly start the DLC.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I one shot her with the KH (normal form). Can stunlock first phase with normal strikes too.
Yeah, I stupidly used the hammer form. Didn't think normal strikes would stunlock her and thought I needed the stagger, but it's just too slow and the DPS is bad.

- You need to beat
Mergo wet nurse
in order to unlock rocks in the shop
Oh that sucks. Gotta
set the Dream on fire
for it. :(

gogosox82

Anyone know if there's a way for me to get the church pick earlier? Could I get it if I killed
Simon
or would I still have to go to
fishing hamlet
to get the key?

So supposedly you have to be at a certain point in the story to purchase Blood Stone Chunks from the Insight Vendor.

Anyone know what that point is? My insight is 20, yet the vendor has no chunks. I've beat Rom, but haven't yet beat Cainhurst Castle or the Unseen Village.

Derpot

So supposedly you have to be at a certain point in the story to purchase Blood Stone Chunks from the Insight Vendor.

Anyone know what that point is? My insight is 20, yet the vendor has no chunks. I've beat Rom, but haven't yet beat Cainhurst Castle or the Unseen Village.

I am not sure, but I think you have to beat Micolash.

NEO0MJ

Anyone know if there's a way for me to get the church pick earlier? Could I get it if I killed
Simon
or would I still have to go to
fishing hamlet
to get the key?

You don't need to go that far. It's in the research hall, though I'm not sure at which floor.

gogosox82

After you beat The One Reborn you can buy chunks.

Refresh my memory- who's the One Reborn? What area is that the boss of.

Edit: I remember. Unseen Village boss. Big ugly pile of corpses.

Gonna try and get both my Ludwig blade and Whirligig up to +10 before I hit up the DLC!

Derpot

Okay, just tried the Shaman Bone Blade on the hunters in Yahar'gul and it worked! Too bad the effect doesn't last longer, it could have been fun.

Yeah, I just checked the wikia.
"Can be bought from the Insight messenger bath shop (20 insight) after defeating The One Reborn (Patch Notes V1.09)"

Refresh my memory- who's the One Reborn? What area is that the boss of.

Yahar'gul. You know, the giant disgusting pile of corpses.

ramyeon

So apparently you need to beat
the Wet Nurse
for Rocks to show up in the shop. Kind of didn't want to
set the dream on fire
just yet but oh well, it's worth it.

Well. I made a NeoGAF Bloodborne Community on PSN! If you want in send a FR to TheWorthyEdge and then you just need to look @ my communities and join!

When I accept a FR look up my Communities then request to join.

pixxxelz

Any claws users here? I started a character for them (and MLGS) yesterday and I wonder what's best for them; pure strength, softcap skill and hardcap strength or split skill and strength evenly?

RiggyRob

Well. I made a NeoGAF Bloodborne Community on PSN! If you want in send a FR to TheWorthyEdge and then you just need to look @ my communities and join!

Are communities the sort of thing where streams of PS gameplay i.e. Bloodborne get broadcasted to? I've muddled around with it a couple of times and I'm curious as to how people actually see and the view the stream if you haven't provided a specific link to it.

Bossmode or bust regarding these new patches. :p

I agree, that's be really rad. One shotted Laurence because I had just re-upped on PS+ and wanted to summon an Old Hunter. Ended up beating him first try despite him being "one of the most difficult bosses."

I know for a fact I'd struggle with him without the help and I feel like I robbed myself! Wish I could just go and access it from some Boss Mode. Like a bell that doesn't summon someone but instead summons back the boss?

Bruzur

Neo Member
I began my NG+6 game today, and I can confirm that immediately upon arriving at the Dream... I was able to purchase a Blood Rock and Chunks were also available (for those who were wondering).

The inclusion of Rocks for purchase via Insight is a welcome addition.

Are communities the sort of thing where streams of PS gameplay i.e. Bloodborne get broadcasted to? I've muddled around with it a couple of times and I'm curious as to how people actually see and the view the stream if you haven't provided a specific link to it.

Yeah, its kinda like where you post pics, people see when you're playing, you can stream and people will see when you're streaming, and there are boards so you can post and ask for help or tips or whatnot.

DSmalls84

Kind of new to the game but why do most builds stop at 100-120? Is there a reason I should stop leveling then or do most people just keep playing the same character?

DSmalls84

Most builds stop there for PVP.

Hmm currently have a lvl 81 skill build but can really only use the Cane, BOM and Saw Spear. I don't really care about pvp So I guess I will either have to start over or over level to use some of the other skill weapons with bloodtinge/strength reqs. Thanks.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kind of new to the game but why do most builds stop at 100-120? Is there a reason I should stop leveling then or do most people just keep playing the same character?

150 is a good spot since you can play with/against people ranging from 100 to 200, which is where many people are doing their end-game content.

Hmm currently have a lvl 81 skill build but can really only use the Cane, BOM and Saw Spear. I don't really care about pvp So I guess I will either have to start over or over level to use some of the other skill weapons with bloodtinge/strength reqs. Thanks.

What is your stat spread?

The only weapons for Strength + Bloodtinge IIRC are Gatling Gun and Bloodletter.

i can't seem to download the latest update. ps4 is telling me i have no storage available, but it says i have 20 GB free. Is this a bug? don't really want to delete anything

gogosox82

You don't need to go that far. It's in the research hall, though I'm not sure at which floor.

Fogot it was in the
research hall.
Thanks!

I think we have one but no one ever posts in there or at least I haven't seen anyone post in there in a while but I'll shoot you a request.

Edit: Request sent.
On NG+ level 111

Help with
Laurence
or
Kos?
I can help with
Laurence
but I haven't gotten to
fishing halmet
on my new character yet.

You don't have to start over. There are at least 2 weapons that are pure skill weapons though admittedly, one of them is a pain in the ass to get but there are skill weapons in the dlc.

What's a good place to farm echoes? Depth 5 chalice runs is what I'm doing. Is there something better or a specific good one?

I need so many echoes... :(

DSmalls84

150 is a good spot since you can play with/against people ranging from 100 to 200, which is where many people are doing their end-game content.

What is your stat spread?

The only weapons for Strength + Bloodtinge IIRC are Gatling Gun and Bloodletter.

Professional lvl. 83
Vitality: 40
Endurance: 25
Skill: 43

All other stats are at class base. I mainly wanted to try Chikage, Reiterpallasch and Evelyn but all seem to benefit from a major Bloodtinge stat investment.

Persona7

Banned
What's a good place to farm echoes? Depth 5 chalice runs is what I'm doing. Is there something better or a specific good one?

I need so many echoes... :(

Mergo's Loft Middle or the Lecture Hall. You need to equip the runes that gives you more souls and get a bunch of bold hunters marks.

I haven't really used the Lecture Hall method but it apparently gives you less souls per run but can be quicker. For mergo's loft middle you just need to run through and kill all the robed enemies , backstab the first pig and then run past the other two pigs to lead them towards the mob of robed enemies near the back so they will fight each other. Kill the rest and warp back with a bold hunters mark and then repeat.

Mergo's Loft Middle or the Lecture Hall. You need to equip the runes that gives you more souls and get a bunch of bold hunters marks.

I haven't really used the Lecture Hall method but it apparently gives you less souls per run but can be quicker. For mergo's loft middle you just need to run through and kill all the robed enemies , backstab the first pig and then run past the other two pigs to lead them towards the mob of robed enemies near the back so they will fight each other. Kill the rest and warp back with a bold hunters mark and then repeat.

Thanks! I'll give both a spin.

Hey duders! I've been wanting to share these for awhile but I was stuck in a hotel on job training with no internet!

First one, me trying to force an NPC hunter to help me fight
Rom
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18LnE5t_8o

Second one I was having some trouble against the
Beastclaw Hunter
but found an "Interesting" way to defeat him lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5lV6nQixA

This DLC has been amazing, 20 bucks got me another 20 hours of bloodborne on one new character? Love it

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Professional lvl. 83
Vitality: 40
Endurance: 25
Skill: 43

All other stats are at class base. I mainly wanted to try Chikage, Reiterpallasch and Evelyn but all seem to benefit from a major Bloodtinge stat investment.

While its true that Chikage and Evelyn benefits greatly from high Bloodtinge, the Reiterpallasch actually can function pretty well with just a Skill investment since it is after all mainly a Skill weapon. Worth noting however that Reiterpallasch's bullets are actually stronger than Evelyn, considering you can fit it with three physical gems that happen to also increase bullet damage.

Hmmmm. Rakuyo is basically a pure skill weapon, and the Church Pick can also give you great results due to its overall versatility. I think you can just continue with the character instead of creating a new one; like I said, 150 is a good target since it covers 100-150 and you won't have problems finding coop/pvp if that's your jam, and if 150 is your target than you have more than enough leeway to max out one other offensive stat. Just don't use Arcane, none of the Skill weapons use Arcane enough to make it worth it if you are already a Skill oriented character.

If you go Bloodtinge, your options are Chikage, Reiterpallasch, and Bowblade.
If you go Strength, a lot of weapons actually benefit from investments in Strength and Skill: Saw Cleaver, Saw Spear, Beast Cutter, Ludwig's Holy Blade... hell, even weapons that appear like they're lopsided towards a certain stat (like Burial Blade for Skill) benefits greatly from this.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I don't know where to turn. I'm itching for ds3.
RKLxFVs.png

Top Bottom