• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

JackelZXA

personally they should have better ways to farm insight only one enemy in the game drops them...

Just run the first chalice over and over. You get like 6 every time and it's such a tiny chalice. Its real easy to remember where the 3 switches are and then you just blast out the bosses and you're done.

Edit: Beat me to the punch :(

Beat Logarius at lvl 30 on solo! I'm proud of myself \o/

59743138.jpg

Melchiah

I assume you mean Whirligig Saw? That shit is insane and definitely needs some nerfs. Nothing major but still needs some. Or other weapons need some buffing.

If true then good. Charged shots were really OP against bunch of bosses.

The thing is, the latecomers should also have the opportunity to try out the overpowered weapons. I just returned to the game after the DLC release week, and I've finally raised my levels enough by going through the main game until Mergo's Wet Nurse. It would really piss me off, if I couldn't play the DLC with powerful weapons like others have done.

myco666

The thing is, the latecomers should also have the opportunity to try out the overpowered weapons. I just returned to the game after the DLC release week, and I've finally raised my levels enough by going through the main game until Mergo's Wet Nurse. It would really piss me off, if I couldn't play the DLC with powerful weapons like others have done.

Well you can always just remove the patch that nerfs the weapons and try to OP versions. Sure it sucks for newcomers that have to use nerfed stuff but I still rather have more balanced stuff instead of having clear best choices. As of now Whirligig Saw + Beast Blood Pellet is so broken that I can't even believe it. With high enough stamina you can rev through Roms health bar with one stamina bar by using that setup.

Guys guys it's not true I lied I was trying to be funny please don't believe it then get disappointed when it's wrong then ask a mod to ban me please don't do that ( ._.)

It was a lie? Oh bummer.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I hate the path that I have to go through to fight Logarius. It's tedious and makes me waste one blood vial, urgh.

You can land on the side of the walkway for much smaller falling damage. No need for a vial.

Beat Logarius at lvl 30 on solo! I'm proud of myself \o/

Congrats, I was all proud at beating him at 50 but you've done way better.

Yeah, bullets are necessary to do visceral attacks and destroy his magic sword during the second phase (jeez, he spamed that "flying swords" attack too many times during my fight).

I did V. Attacks but for the swords I would hide behind a 'pillar' (don't know the correct building term), then run towards it when he comes around to melee it.

Yeah, he just shotgun spams like a fucking loser. He's probably the most disappointing hunter to actually fight, but I guess that's the only way to make a Stake Driver hunter seem difficult.

Yea, it was the goddamn gun every time I think. I ended up actually pushing his ass off the tower again, but towards the end of a combo that was spelling doom for him anyway so I didn't feel guilty.

Well, after putting it off for a long time, I finally beat Laurence. I unexpectedly beat him on my first try. And now it's over.

I have re-platinumed Bloodborne and have nothing else to do other than run chalice dungeons to get items and runes I have nowhere to use anymore.

It's just... finished.

What am I supposed to do now? I've never been the type to make a new character and start from zero. It's too soon for that anyway. I'm just so sad that it's over. I miss Bloodborne already.

Time to move on to another game, I guess. I put Bloodborne to bed on NG++. Sleep tight.

Melchiah

Well you can always just remove the patch that nerfs the weapons and try to OP versions. Sure it sucks for newcomers that have to use nerfed stuff but I still rather have more balanced stuff instead of having clear best choices. As of now Whirligig Saw + Beast Blood Pellet is so broken that I can't even believe it. With high enough stamina you can rev through Roms health bar with one stamina bar by using that setup.

It was a lie? Oh bummer.

The game file was updated already, and to my knowledge you can't to remove the patch alone. So, I'd have to delete the whole game, then install it again and download the DLC.

It's pretty much the same as in Destiny, I don't see why nerf the weapons for PVE. Players can feel powerful against the enemies if they want to, and others can play the game differently. The Whirligig might be overpowered, but I'd like to at least try it before it's nerfed.

I'm glad, if the Bowblade is still like it used to be, as I want to try it in its original state.

Well, after putting it off for a long time, I finally beat Laurence. I unexpectedly beat him on my first try. And now it's over.

I have re-platinumed Bloodborne and have nothing else to do other than run chalice dungeons to get items and runes I have nowhere to use anymore.

It's just... finished.

What am I supposed to do now? I've never been the type to make a new character and start from zero. It's too soon for that anyway. I'm just so sad that it's over. I miss Bloodborne already.

Time to move on to another game, I guess. I put Bloodborne to bed on NG++. Sleep tight.

I feel you brother/sister. I'm so sad that I have it platinum'd and 100% and I don't have anything to do but upgrade weapons and gain levels. At NG++ I don't have anything left to do. :(

I could start a new character but, I rarely do that. I tend to bond with my original character in RPGs.

taybul

Patch notes here: http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

The newest update (v 1.09) has been released.

Major content for update 1.09:

Changes to weapons
The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.

Changes to Insight Shop
 ・In order to trade for the Blood stone Chuck, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.
 ・Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.
 ※ A certain portion of the main game must been cleared in order to access the above.

Several other fixes and adjustments have been made.

Please look forward to the implementation of the newest update.
Thank you for playing Bloodborne. Keep up the hunt.

edit:

Notes from the interwebs:

- The Boom Hammer consumes less stam now!
- You need to beat
Mergo wet nurse
in order to unlock rocks in the shop

gunbo13

Probably around 8 hours now invested into beating Laurence on NG+4 (the time it took me to beat Ludwig). This DLC is bullshit by punishing high level characters. I have proved I can beat him getting him down to 15% health but I need luck on my side. I am getting only around a 10% success rate taking down his first form.

On NG+4 he has around 4-5 one shots. 4-5. Unbelievable. I switch to my BB, which appears to be more effective then BoM with 2-hand. You have to be PERFECT on dodging to get past his first form. Two swipes and you are dead. Get hit and back-dodge, he catches you? Dead. Lava attack. Dead. He grabs you with his multi-hit, dead. Jump attack, dead. On his second form, if you get hit twice on his crawl you are done. If you get stuck in lava, done. Big swipe, done. The only openings I have is a one hit on his swipe due to his cool-down and two hits on his lava breath. The only problem is that after the two swipes I have to time invincibility frames or just getting fucking lucky.

Which reminds me, you need to utilize invincibility frames on his first form as well. Dodging is not "dodging," it is timing your frames. Otherwise, you will get smashed, dead in 5 seconds. HUGE problem with this DLC. It caters towards players who sink tons of time into BB. For those of us who just want to play a single character and have fun? It sucks. I hope next time From thinks this through and lets ALL players enjoy the DLC without massive frustration. I'll beat Laurence, but you are talking about 100x the difficulty of normal play-throughs. Seriously, fuck this DLC.

Guys. I need a sequel to this game. It has to happen. Like, I'm going to literally scream out loud like a little child the moment it's announced. I have never wanted a new entry in a series this badly. I'm incredibly excited for Dark Souls III but it's not going to fill the Bloodborne void.

Aaaaaaand now my brand new guide is outdated.

:p

lol this is true!

Probably around 8 hours now invested into beating Laurence on NG+4 (the time it took me to beat Ludwig). This DLC is bullshit by punishing high level characters. I have proved I can beat him getting him down to 15% health but I need luck on my side. I am getting only around a 10% success rate taking down his first form.

On NG+4 he has around 4-5 one shots. 4-5. Unbelievable. I switch to my BB, which appears to be more effective then BoM with 2-hand. You have to be PERFECT on dodging to get past his first form. Two swipes and you are dead. Get hit and back-dodge, he catches you? Dead. Lava attack. Dead. He grabs you with his multi-hit, dead. Jump attack, dead. On his second form, if you get hit twice on his crawl you are done. If you get stuck in lava, done. Big swipe, done. The only openings I have is a one hit on his swipe due to his cool-down and two hits on his lava breath. The only problem is that after the two swipes I have to time invincibility frames or just getting fucking lucky.

Which reminds me, you need to utilize invincibility frames on his first form as well. Dodging is not "dodging," it is timing your frames. Otherwise, you will get smashed, dead in 5 seconds. HUGE problem with this DLC. It caters towards players who sink tons of time into BB. For those of us who just want to play a single character and have fun? It sucks. I hope next time From thinks this through and lets ALL players enjoy the DLC without massive frustration. I'll beat Laurence, but you are talking about 100x the difficulty of normal play-throughs. Seriously, fuck this DLC.

You may not consider this an option because it's a bonafide easy mode, but you could always summon Valtr. I guarantee you that you will win in that case.

I beat Laurence without Valtr, and I am a player like you who has invested a lot of time into a single character. But I was playing on NG++, not +4, and he wasn't one-shotting me.

Are you using a heavy weapon?

Derpot

Well, I'm a woman but I'll gladly take these presents, thank you!

You can land on the side of the walkway for much smaller falling damage. No need for a vial.

Yeah, but there is always this asshole who keeps shooting darts when I'm trying to climb the ladder in peace, and I don't want to waste my time to kill him every time x)

Congrats, I was all proud at beating him at 50 but you've done way better.

Thanks! I fought him so many times that I (almost) know him by heart. Also, using the Ludwig's Holy Blade helps a lot, that's for sure!

I did V. Attacks but for the swords I would hide behind a 'pillar' (don't know the correct building term), then run towards it when he comes around to melee it.

I prefer to destroy the magic sword with a bullet as soon as he uses it to summon the "flying swords", because otherwise it's a pain in the ass. In one of my tries, I wanted to run far away from it to the end of the arena, saying to myself "they won't reach me, I'm too far right". Welp, 30 seconds later, as I was fighting Logarius, my character suddenly died, stabbed by 3 of those damn swords.

cheesekao

Another thing they fixed are the heavy abyssal gems. They now show their proper stats which is great as they now show the massive scaling boosts.

Those poor man gems from the snail ladies will also show up in your inventory right now.

myco666

The game file was updated already, and to my knowledge you can't to remove the patch alone. So, I'd have to delete the whole game, then install it again and download the DLC.

It's pretty much the same as in Destiny, I don't see why nerf the weapons for PVE. Players can feel powerful against the enemies if they want to, and others can play the game differently. The Whirligig might be overpowered, but I'd like to at least try it before it's nerfed.

I'm glad, if the Bowblade is still like it used to be, as I want to try it in its original state.

Well as I said would rather have equal weapons than weapons that are clearly better as then there is no reason to pick the 'worse' weapon. Especially when there isn't that many weapons to choose from. That being said weapons being OP can be fixed with buffing other weapons making everything equally powerful which would be better than nerfing.

It seems nothing is nerfed with the patch and we only got buffs.

Sayad

In less than 8 hours you could have started a new game and got through most of the DLC by now, while actually enjoying it. >_<

Melchiah

Well as I said would rather have equal weapons than weapons that are clearly better as then there is no reason to pick the 'worse' weapon. Especially when there isn't that many weapons to choose from. That being said weapons being OP can be fixed with buffing other weapons making everything equally powerful which would be better than nerfing.

It seems nothing is nerfed with the patch and we only got buffs.

Yeah, it's good to hear, that apparently nothing's been nerfed.

gunbo13

I beat Laurence without Valtr, and I am a player like you who has invested a lot of time into a single character. But I was playing on NG++, not +4, and he wasn't one-shotting me.

Are you using a heavy weapon?
I'm using burial blade two handed now. I was using blades of mercy two hand for awhile and switched. You can see how that works below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhOPGPKSPM

His health is hilarious. You have to give it to From for not having limits. I am better than the above now but not by a lot.

EDIT:
OK, I need to try fighting him using targeting. That could be the key.
In less than 8 hours you could have started a new game and got through most of the DLC by now, while actually enjoying it. >_<
What I wouldn't have enjoyed is the 8 hours of playing a new game. I am sick of the normal play-through, I have done it 4.5 times. I just wanted to play some new content without facing bosses with 400,000 health, requiring 80 attacks to take down. Is that too much to ask?

Nice patch but makes my beautiful guide a little bit outdated already.

Anyway, time to look out for that +30% guidance rune. At least now it has to be obtainable, should a bug have prevented it from appearing.

Kieli

I think I read somewhere that the bowblade's trick mode charge attack costs twice as much stamina due to Miyazaki being disappointed with people reverting to a Dark Souls style gameplan.

Heh. Miyazaki thinks he has the right to dictate how I play Bloodborne? He thinks he can confine my playstyle to his whims?

*unplugs wifi*

Kieli

It was a lie? Oh bummer.

Good, because Rom is a shit boss. Doesn't even do anything interesting other than have annoying adds and bull-shit homing insta-kill lazers.

I'm like level 158 on my third time through the game. NG++ I think? I have seen two endings and I'm on my way to a third. Will the DLC be too easy or does it scale pretty good?

Good, because Rom is a shit boss. Doesn't even do anything interesting other than have annoying adds and bull-shit homing insta-kill lazers.

You can easily unlock & run from them actually, just did Rom again two days ago. I think Rom is a very enjoyable boss and more of a puzzle which the Souls series has always featured.

Besides, I find smashing the small spiders very satisfying...that crunch.

Sephzilla

The newest update (v 1.09) has been released.

Major content for update 1.09:

Changes to weapons
The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.

Changes to Insight Shop
&#12288;&#12539;In order to trade for the Blood stone Chuck, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.
&#12288;&#12539;Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.
&#12288;&#8251; A certain portion of the main game must been cleared in order to access the above.

Several other fixes and adjustments have been made.

Please look forward to the implementation of the newest update.
Thank you for playing Bloodborne. Keep up the hunt.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

GIF-Andy-Dwyer-Parks--Recreation-shocked-GIF.gif

I-hate-u

I'm like level 158 on my third time through the game. NG++ I think? I have seen two endings and I'm on my way to a third. Will the DLC be too easy or does it scale pretty good?

Youarealreadydead.jpg

It's tough. Enemies and bosses can easily take out your life in one or two hits.

Top Bottom