• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You guys are fucking awesome! ;D

If its not too much to ask, can I ask for help for lower loran too? The glyph is irhi. Thank you for everyone! :D

so1337

Any tips for Ludwig's plunge attack, the one where blood is dripping from the ceiling? I pretty much got all the other tells down pat but that one I can't dodge consistently and it's killing me in one hit at my current level.

myco666

Yep ;)

Layer 2 now :D

Trying to ring again. For some reason it doesn't want to connect to your game lol.

Any tips for Ludwig's plunge attack, the one where blood is dripping from the ceiling? I pretty much got all the other tells down pat but that one I can't dodge consistently and it's killing me in one hit at my current level.

Run. Run to either end of the arena preferably the one that is farther away from you. This should work everytime.

Purest 78

I'm having trouble just in NG lol. What do you do about his second form? I'm having trouble finding safe openings to attack. I think the short range on the BOM is making it harder as well.

Best advice I can give is once you figure out his pattern Don't be greedy. His toughest attack is when he pounds the ground chasing you in his 2nd form. Try not to get trapped against the wall Keep the fight in the center.

gunbo13

I'm having trouble just in NG lol. What do you do about his second form? I'm having trouble finding safe openings to attack. I think the short range on the BOM is making it harder as well.
I advise switching to a longer reach 2H on his 2nd form; I used the BB. I used BoM for the first form. He has two openings, both roughly two hit sessions, after his heavy vertical slash and side dodging around his lava breath. Besides those two openings, you run and dodge constantly keeping him to the sides. He was a one-shot mess in NG+4 but everyone can summon a little BB luck at times.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Trying to ring again. For some reason it doesn't want to connect to your game lol.

Run. Run to either end of the arena preferably the one that is farther away from you. This should work everytime.

it stopped working for me..... i thought maybe they patched it out

Donos

Good idea. Hasn't even crossed my mind. Thanks.

Hmm, for me it always worked just sprinting straigt in on direction (add maybe some dodges in the same direction) after he jumps up and blood starts dripping. Then L always lands one inch behind me without doing any damage.

Theman2k

Hey Guys, enjoying BloodBorne a lot here!
Just wanted to ask, i am a level 128 and having a hard time in the third layer of ailing Loran dungeon and lower hintertomb dungeon.

What should i do ? farm for echoes on easier dungeons to level up more?
I am not really that good in the game, i see people here talking about builds and stuff... i just lvl'd up as i saw fit :-/

duxstar

I love the final chalice boss. Sure its easy, probably one of the easier bosses in the game. But its slower pace is nice for a change. Its an obvious nod to Fool's Idol.

BB is just not as fleshed out as the souls games. Its smaller, there are less stats and builds. The way co-op worked was a nightmare during the first months and go back to HD in order to go to a new area is weird and tiring. Some choices were odd seing this game came out in the wake of DS2, because DS2 did a few things actually really fucking well. Also, Estus. No more grass or Blood vials in a Souls game ever please.

Still, my loot addiction sort of kicked in when I pushed through the Chalice dungeons and all restrictions were gone. The DLC was the reason I grinded Chalice for hours so my char would be properly geared. In the end I played for over 10 hours before even touching the DLC, rekindling the fire so to speak. As for the DLC itself, its indeed a tad short. I think its not longer and let alone better than the Sunken King, but it just has more bosses to tackle.

The addiction part is hard ..... its like do I really need Nourishing Abyssal gems that only make my weapon do 4 more damage .... turns out the answer is yes, yes I am willing to run through frc chalices, and fight amagdala at 1/2 health over and over again to get that last few points of damage.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Ugh, I'm so sick of enemies with unlimited poise and uninterruptable animations. That and the fucking camera are the only things that make the souls or this game hard half the time.

It's frustrating.

Still love it, but fuuuuck.

Just started and finished this in one session. 5 hours feels like the right length and I think it's really well designed. Great areas and bosses.

Bring on Bloodborne 2.

Finally beat
Ludwig
last night after trying for 3-4 hours. Felt sooooo good, when I finally had him down. Was shaking all over. What a rush! Went on to kill the
Living Failures
by my third or 4th try and am now stuck at
Lady Maria
, although she seems a lot easier than
Ludwig
so far. Really enjoying what I played so far, but the difficulty is just straight out of hell. I forgot exactly, but I think I'm in NG+4 or +5 and Level 180 or something and already got the platinum and I've been dying a LOT. Such great fun!

myco666

Weird as it has worked for me everytime.

Hey Guys, enjoying BloodBorne a lot here!
Just wanted to ask, i am a level 128 and having a hard time in the third layer of ailing Loran dungeon and lower hintertomb dungeon.

What should i do ? farm for echoes on easier dungeons to level up more?
I am not really that good in the game, i see people here talking about builds and stuff... i just lvl'd up as i saw fit :-/

Well what are your stats, weapon upgrade and gems? lvl128 should be enough if you have distributed stats nicely and have decent damage on your weapon.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I summoned for three bosses but other than that it doesnt feel like that's unusually fast for three areas?

I mean I beat the main game in 19 hours.

Lol not the poster you replied to but I thought you meant the main game in 5 hours.

Thank you whoever you are.

My first Boss coop ever (had to ring the bell a lot of times since neither me or allies could defeat him, we even failed in a group of three at some point, fortunately someone with guts appeared):

Bloodborne The Old Hunters Final Boss

lol, both times you ran away from the lightning only to find out that your buddy interrupted it.

NEO0MJ

Man, none of the people I was summoned to survived their fight with OOK. You'd think getting help would make it impossible to lose.

Theman2k

Well what are your stats, weapon upgrade and gems? lvl128 should be enough if you have distributed stats nicely and have decent damage on your weapon.

lvl 129

VIT 40
END 35
STRENGTH 50
SKILL 26
BLOODTINGE 10
ARCANE 18

and i have a lvl 10 hunter's axe.

SkylineRKR

lvl 129

VIT 40
END 35
STRENGTH 50
SKILL 26
BLOODTINGE 10
ARCANE 18

You could farm some gems if you haven't and pump the attack values up. And perhaps search some glyphs that have the best stamina and HP runes. But other than that, those stats are basically high enough to beat the chalice completely. Invest all echoes in VIT from now on, STR is pretty much capped now.

myco666

lvl 129

VIT 40
END 35
STRENGTH 50
SKILL 26
BLOODTINGE 10
ARCANE 18

Pump Vit up to 50 and End to 40. After that just get good gems for your weapon (+20% physical damage up or above). Also I bet there are bunch of people willing to be summoned if you want.

Lol not the poster you replied to but I thought you meant the main game in 5 hours.

lol, both times you ran away from the lightning only to find out that your buddy interrupted it.

Haha was looking at that just a moment ago, during the battle I didn't even notice. The thing is, in previous coop attempts I died two times when the boss lasted only one hit, since I saw that this fella was really tough I tried to be at full health and relly on him from time to time.

I can feel that this boss is not the hardest (still tough though) but it's a long battle to fight alone and I always made a mistake and died or he did something unexpected... and I died. The thing is, I've lots of stuff to do today and it would have been troublesome if I used my time to play the game.

RiverBed

Banned
Soooo, i missed the tentacle weapon because I killed the freak in the clinic. Tell me I am not forced to replay the game just to unlock it.

Soooo, i missed the tentacle weapon because I killed the freak in the clinic. Tell me I am not forced to replay the game just to unlock it.

Not sure what you're talking about, you get no weapon from any freak in the clinic so I think you're fine. You need to
finish the dlc to get a tentacle weapon.

Edit:
Oh, it looks that in order to use it you shouldn't have killed the freak haha I killed her too. Lame.

DSmalls84

Got Laurence down to 1 hit of life and he killed me lol. This guy is bar none the toughest boss I have fought yet. Probably died like 20 times.

Top Bottom