• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Trump fired AZ rally organizer because the venue was less than full

chadskin

Donald Trump was in a bad mood before he emerged for a confrontational speech in Arizona last week.

TV and social media coverage showed that the site of his campaign rally, the Phoenix Convention Center, was less than full. Backstage, waiting in a room with a television monitor, Trump was displeased, one person familiar with the incident said: TV optics and crowd sizes are extremely important to the president.

As his surrogates warmed up the audience, the expanse of shiny concrete eventually filled in with cheering Trump fans. But it was too late for a longtime Trump aide, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance who had organized the event as a contractor to the Republican National Committee. Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he’d never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Gigicos, one of the four longest-serving political aides to the president, declined to comment.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nish-longtime-aide-after-angry-phoenix-speech

Michael-Scott-What-reaction-gifrific.gif

Kaban

Didn't he make some sort of comment about how he didn't want the cameras to show the room? I'm looking through the transcript but can't find anything.

Aselith

Didn't he make some sort of comment about how he didn't want the cameras to show the room? I'm looking through the transcript but can't find anything.

I think he said the media didn't want to show the room because of the bigly crowds

RPGCrazied

But of course, he is that petty. Just like when he made Spicer come out the day after the inauguration to lie about his crowd sizes.

rjinaz

Why are we supposed to care?

I mean I personally care that my President fires somebody over a crowd size after saying the place was full and saying how the media was afraid to show it.

Every time this piece of shit lies or acts irrationally I want to know it.

But hey, if you don't then don't click.

Look, he's just going to have to accept that his recent turn as a KKK and Nazi apologist will hurt his crowd sizes just a bit.

iammeiam

I think he said the media didn't want to show the room because of the bigly crowds

He's been lying about this since the campaign and it drives me crazy. Quote from a thing about a rally a couple months ago:

16. ”They'll never show the crowd."

This frequent Trump complaint is unfounded: networks and reporters have no hesitation showing the crowds at his rallies. Networks were limited during the 2016 campaign: the main ”pool camera" is fixed on the politician speaking, and his own team denied requests to set up a camera riser to allow for an additional camera to provide crowd shots. This time, Fox News, one of few outlets carrying the rally live, immediately showed video of the crowd after Trump made this complaint.

He creates situations to give him justification for whining, and his followers take it as proof. It's this deeply sinister undercurrent to his tantrums whenever he doesn't think he's being praised enough.

FyreWulff

I wonder when people are gonna figure out it doesn't matter how loyal you are to him, he's still gonna put the knife in your back at the slightest stress.

Foffy

Banned
All ego.

It takes a lot for me to hate a person. Like, actively wish they fell down a flight of stairs and people walked past them bad.

Trump makes that feeling easy to curate. He's such a fucking loser.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Phoenix crowd last night was amazing - a packed house. I love the Great State of Arizona. Not a fan of Jeff Flake, weak on crime & border!

But

I wonder when people are gonna figure out it doesn't matter how loyal you are to him, he's still gonna put the knife in your back at the slightest stress.

But, for a guy whose schtick was saying "You're fired," he never does the deed in real life, instead he has someone else do it for him.

Zolo

Thanks to the guy in the other Neogaf thread before the rally saying he bought tickets to not show up and help lessen the crowd.

Top Bottom