• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Trump fired AZ rally organizer because the venue was less than full

He is the most petty person I've ever seen. It shouldn't surprise me but it's just so hard to believe a President is fuming over petty stuff like this.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
batman-alfred.jpg

"We're going to need a bigger safe space"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/politics/trump-phoenix-rally/index.html

President Donald Trump was fuming as he sat in his Phoenix hotel watching news coverage ahead of his rally.

The venue for his first rally in nearly three weeks looked empty.
That's when George Gigicos, Trump's longtime advance man, got a call from Keith Schiller, the director of Oval Office operations who is almost always at Trump's side, asking Gigicos why the crowds were scarce. Gigicos explained that while TV correspondents were live early from the venue, the rally wouldn't start for several more hours and crowds had just begun to trickle in.
Soon after, Gigicos heard from Trump himself. The President was irate, warning his former director of White House advance who had since returned to his private contracting business, that the venue better be full by the time he arrived, two sources familiar with the discussions told CNN as they described the scene and the President's reaction.

Next we'll be hearing how his crowd size in Texas was too small.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/politics/trump-phoenix-rally/index.html

Next we'll be hearing how his crowd size in Texas was too small.

Well... http://thehill.com/homenews/348424-...e-fire-station-where-he-was-briefed-on-harvey

President Trump praised the size of a crowd gathered Tuesday to see him as he visits Corpus Christi, Texas, in the aftermath Tropical Storm Harvey.

"What a crowd, what a turnout," Trump said to a crowd of several hundred people surrounding a fire station, according to a White House pool report.

Juicy Bob

Why the fuck does he care about crowd size in a situation like this?

Oh, that's right. He's a self-absorbed egomaniac with no interest or respect for the moral and social importance of the office he holds.

But...but he said there were 15,000 there.

Trump wouldn't...he wouldn't lie about something petty like that, would he?

/s, obviously.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
His obsession withcrowd sizes and TV ratings reminds me of older people and their obsession with Facebook and social media... which Trump also obsesses over via Twitter.

SMH

iammeiam

We had a thing about this yesterday, complete with Trump's vindictive way of treating his long-time aide:
As his surrogates warmed up the audience, the expanse of shiny concrete eventually filled in with cheering Trump fans. But it was too late for a longtime Trump aide, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance who had organized the event as a contractor to the Republican National Committee. Trump later had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he'd never manage a Trump rally again, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Gigicos, one of the four longest-serving political aides to the president, declined to comment.

MarionCB

Trump expects people to pack into a venue and then wait for several hours for the rally to start? They're not exhibiting the requisite level of insane loyalty to Trump's ego, clearly.

Why in the world is he holding rallies anyway? I mean, this has to be a first, right? I could see traveling to various places giving speeches on healthcare, but campaign style rallies? It's like he wants to be a permanent campaigner in chief and not actually do his job. Which I guess isn't a bad thing considering how bad he is at his job.

Protein

Banned
Protestors need to go for this man's ego and self-esteem. He's self conscious about his crowd sizes and his approval ratings. He tends to lash out the most when his ego gets hit.

According to CNN Trump said "what a turnout" when he spoke publicly moments ago while visiting ravaged parts of Texas by the hurricane.

better have the next rally in a deep red state/city (I have no idea how Phoenix voted-I believe AZ as a state was red though)

He only won AZ by about 3 percentage points. One of the few states where Hillary outperformed. But yeah, he should stick to places to West Virginia, Alabama, etc. if he wants the biggest crowds.

UberTag

Protestors need to go for this man's ego and self-esteem. He's self conscious about his crowd sizes and his approval ratings. He tends to lash out the most when his ego gets hit.
They just need to go undercover as Trump supporters and then do nothing but point and laugh at him whenever he shows his face at one of his rallies. Just keep pointing and laughing until he throws a fit.

slider

When the State visit to the UK was first mooted, and people were rightly up in arms, I said that no one should turn up to protest. That would've really boiled his piss.

I'm so clever, me.

Ernest

Banned
His obsession withcrowd sizes and TV ratings reminds me of older people and their obsession with Facebook and social media... which Trump also obsesses over via Twitter.

SMH
If Trump opened up his rallies to ALL American people and not just his base, it would be standing room only (but with 90% of the people screaming obscenities at him).

FSLink

Banned
They just need to go undercover as Trump supporters and then do nothing but point and laugh at him whenever he shows his face at one of his rallies. Just keep pointing and laughing until he throws a fit.

Yeah, this needs to happen. Or just have a crowd of people going "AWW" and treat him like the baby he is.

Game Guru

Well yeah but that was a rally, at least there are supposed to be crowds of supporters. Now he's visiting a ravaged state and he's still mulling over crowd sizes! Fuck this guy

My point is that Trump is probably internally fuming that not enough Texans showed up even though the state had to deal with a fucking hurricane.

I know this will never cross his narcissistic mind, but he knows nothing happens if he has big crowd sizes right? There's no prize, nothing to really gain.

He'll be the same small man no matter how many people are in the building.

UberTag

I know this will never cross his narcissistic mind, but he knows nothing happens if he has big crowd sizes right? There's no prize, nothing to really gain.

He'll be the same small man no matter how many people are in the building.
But he gets to brag. The larger the crowd, the longer he gets to brag about it.
Sometimes he'll even have portraits of the crowds painted and he can show those off and say, "all of these people came to see me, ME, not you, ME, I'm #1".

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
His crowds will most likely shrink and shrink as he becomes ever more disliked. Of course his die hard zealots will never give up but I expect this is going to be something he's going to be enraged about considering he used these rallies to prop up his already bruised and beaten ego. Hell I can see him dropping these altogether if the crowds showing up are so small even he can't hide it.

Zolo

I'd personally love it if protesters started buying tickets and instead of bringing signs, they all just started booing him in the rally.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd personally love it if protesters started buying tickets and instead of bringing signs, they all just started booing him in the rally.

I almost expect it will happen in the future, maybe near future if his approval ratings continue to fall and he does everything he can to make himself look stupid and nasty. It might not even need to be protesters but Trumpers who finally turned on him.

Top Bottom