• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO Wkd 06•16-18•17 - Queen is dethroned, all hail McQueen, ScarJo roughed up

DeathyBoy

Banned
I know you mean this as a joke, but I do believe that Boogie Nights is his best role and he wholly deserved the nomination for that movie.

EDIT: My bad, I mixed that up with The Departed. Still, BN is his best performance and movie.

Wahlberg is a great actor when he wants to be. But he absolutely loves the money he gets for this garbage.

0AQIvIy.jpg

Looking good! We're off to the races!

Sem+t%C3%ADtulo.png

Wahlberg is a great actor when he wants to be. But he absolutely loves the money he gets for this garbage.

If I was that caliber of an actor, I would too. Do the big shit for the ludicrous paycheck, then be set to do passion projects for the next few years. There's no shame in a job being just a job.

strafer

caring about reviews for a movie called Transformers directed by Michael Bay?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just buy the ticket and enjoy the Bay-ism.

Carbonox

Fine margins and all but under no circumstance is Revenge of the Fallen better than Age of Extinction.

Silly Barry.

Only ones I can watch and find enjoyment in are TF1 and TF3

BumRush

I just realized that the marketing of TF5 was very similar to F8. Beloved, family (or humanity in OPs case) character seems to go bad.

F9 on Cybertron confirmed???

Lima

I just realized that the marketing of TF5 was very similar to F8. Beloved, family (or humanity in OPs case) character seems to go bad.

F9 on Cybertron confirmed???

Except this ain't a family son. Don't try that angle when you ain't got shit.

I'm rooting for that little Latin girl though. She about to kick some robot ass.

Busty

Banned
At Xmas (or thereabouts) someone I know told me the 'big twist' in The Last Knight but I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about it as the studio wanted to make a huge deal out of it in the marketing and what not in the run up to the film's release.

The film opens worldwide in less than 24 hours and I haven't seen a single person mention anything about this supposed mind bending twist anywhere, in any form or medium.

#transformers.

kswiston

I think the Domnestic result is overhyped in this day and age, espescially in franchises that make the big money international.

Studios can expect to earn back over $1.50 for every dollar of domestic box office a film makes. About 50 cents at the actual box office and the rest from ancillary streams. Studios get back about 26 cents for every dollar of Chinese box office. 25 from the box office and 1 cent ancillary.

At Xmas (or thereabouts) someone I know told me the 'big twist' in The Last Knight but I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about it as the studio wanted to make a huge deal out of it in the marketing and what not in the run up to the film's release.

The film opens worldwide in less than 24 hours and I haven't seen a single person mention anything about this supposed mind bending twist anywhere, in any form or medium.

#transformers.

Spill the beans?

BumRush

Studios can expect to earn back over $1.50 for every dollar of domestic box office a film makes. About 50 cents at the actual box office and the rest from ancillary streams. Studios get back about 26 cents for every dollar of Chinese box office. 25 from the box office and 1 cent ancillary.

Yeah, I mean the numbers certainly speak for themselves. Studios aim to maximize domestic receipts.

Busty

Banned
Spill the beans?

As it was told to me a few months ago --
If memory serves supposedly Merlin has been working behind the scenes (jn previous films) to engineer everything to this point. The big twist is the Stanley Tucci's character was/is actually Merlin (or some kind of an immortal wizard) and is pivotal to saving humanity.

To be fair I haven't see a single advert for this thing since the first trailer so I don't know if this is something they've hinted at already in a trailer or something but that's what I heard.

#transformers.

I've seen a few posts on GAF mentioning a big twist

EDIT: That wasn't it though.

If memory serves supposedly Merlin has been working behind the scenes (jn previous films) to engineer everything to this point. The big twist is the Stanley Tucci's character was/is actually Merlin (or some kind of an immortal wizard) and is pivotal to saving humanity.

To be fair I haven't see a single advert for this thing since the first trailer so I don't know if this is something they've hinted at already in a trailer or something but that's what I heard.

Oh, okay. Lol, hope it's true though.

Busty

Banned
I've seen a few posts on GAF mentioning a big twist

EDIT: That wasn't it though.

To be fair to Mr Bay and co it's possible that my friend heard about the wrong 'twist' and it is something else.

To say that no one cares enough about this franchise in the industry to even gossip about it is an understatement. I think this might be the one and only thing I've ever heard about one of these films.

Oh, okay. Lol, hope it's true though.

Agreed, I actually really like Tucci despite what he was made to endure in AOE.

Toa TAK

Banned
I completely forgot Tucci was in this thing.

His character flipped on a fucking dime the last one. So that craziness doesn't phase me a bit.

Oh my god, I hope this is true, he was my favorite part in the last one. I like my Transformers films to go full stupid. Revenge of the Fallen and Age of Extinction are atrocities but boy did I enjoy watching them.

I did read about a different twist somewhere on GAF though, so I'll take this with a gain of salt.
Edit: lol, it's on the previous page

Busty would never lie to me

Bobby, however, would blatantly lie to everyone on Earth, so the twist he says happens is probably false

Top Bottom