• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confused about what causes the day/night cycle to shift. I've been running around The Dust for over 30 mins trying to get it to night so I can do the Gulag challenge but in that time it has gotten neither darker or lighter.

Anyone know if the 360 achievements for finding named locations is bugged?

My girlfriend an I have cleared out every area but only got one of them. There's nothing left unexplored...

Dizzy-4U

Yay! My first legendary! 50 freaking hours into the game.

YLqMv.jpg

Ricker

Kinda stuck now at level 18 with my Siren...I did most side quest,just finished Tiny Tina's stuff BUT (big spoiler)
I cannot reach the new Sanctuary,it is way too hard at my level,
,the disappearing Varkids are annoying as fuck and I still dont have a decent weapon with electricity,so my Siren gets destroyed on the way...trying this part solo though,guess I will need some co-op for this...game is way too hard for it's own good at times.

Darklord

Banned
Kinda stuck now at level 18 with my Siren...I did most side quest,just finished Tiny Tina's stuff BUT (big spoiler)
I cannot reach the new Sanctuary,it is way too hard at my level,
,the disappearing Varkids are annoying as fuck and I still dont have a decent weapon with electricity,so my Siren gets destroyed on the way...trying this part solo though,guess I will need some co-op for this...game is way too hard for it's own good at times.

Do the arena. I found some good weapons and leveled up twice in it.

Seguin

Banned
Caustic Caverns is a monster...God I hate that place.

Yea I just finished up my 2nd play through and still haven't done any quests down there yet. I journeyed there to take a look and saw all my least favorite enemies in one location and said "fuck that"

I just wish the damn Bee would drop. Done approx 30+ kills today. This is as bad as farming New Haven chests.

MrDaravon

Anyone know if the 360 achievements for finding named locations is bugged?

My girlfriend an I have cleared out every area but only got one of them. There's nothing left unexplored...

Are you sure that every area has no unfilled gaps? Also remember that there are multiple areas that you can't fast travel directly to. I had zero problems getting the achievement, just went around filling in all the maps.

sophora

Never really had problems in Caustic Caverns, it's actually one of my more favorite areas. I guess doing co-op in it makes it more enjoyable. Did a run through the quests in CC on PT2 with my co-op partner last night and we breezed through all the available side quests at the time. Though we were careless and fought off two badass varkids while taking on a badass pyro thresher, it was pretty fun to me.

Lakitu

st5fu
Fucking hell, protecting the
Overseer while he destroys Jack's statues in Opportunity is unbelievably hard.
I can't do it. :/

Mangotron

I agree, at least at a low level. I haven't tried it again, but when I did it the first time the fucker just kept flying away while I was still fighting 3 badasses.

At the start of Caustic Caverns: This looks awesome!

At the end of Caustic Caverns: Get me the fuck OUT of here, now!

I figured out the key to the Caverns: have a badass shotgun.

Now, I know everything is marginally easier since I'm on my second playthrough...but a good shotgun simply shits on Threshers. There isn't a type that can't be 2-shotted.

I admit I did die once to a super badass pyro thresher that managed to cover about 100 yards of distance and pop up next to me. had no chance. All the rest just get shit on.

so yea, get yourself a good shotty (say, 7k-10k in value) and be shocked at how you were making it hard for yourself trying to do it with any other weapon.

I still dislike threshers, but I'm stepping on them now so I'm indifferent.

Gotchaye

I had issues with that one at first too. Maybe you already realize this, but it's actually the melee enemies that do most of the damage. You can't afford to let them sit there and attack while you kill a ranged enemy.

Yeah, I somehow did that mission on my first try both on normal and TVHM, but it was very stressful. I fucking hate protecting anything but myself. :I
And those timed missions. Fuck them, too.

Duallusion

Their tedious twitter codes campaign is a success. It seems like every other page in here is riddled with "I got the key, I have 5 keys now, code worked, code didn't work, when should I spend one of my five keys, shift is down" etc. etc. etc. Good job, Gearbox. :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Their tedious twitter codes campaign is a success. It seems like every other page in here is riddled with "I got the key, I have 5 keys now, code worked, code didn't work, when should I spend one of my five keys, shift is down" etc. etc. etc. Good job, Gearbox. :/
There is no campaign. It's a test. They have reiterated it's a test. The system is not up yet. You are not being forced to participate in the test, this is something you voluntarily choose to be a part of.

First of all, no, it doesn't seem like at all. Second, you have a choice to not click the thread.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I figured out the key to the Caverns: have a badass shotgun.

Now, I know everything is marginally easier since I'm on my second playthrough...but a good shotgun simply shits on Threshers. There isn't a type that can't be 2-shotted.

I admit I did die once to a super badass pyro thresher that managed to cover about 100 yards of distance and pop up next to me. had no chance. All the rest just get shit on.

so yea, get yourself a good shotty (say, 7k-10k in value) and be shocked at how you were making it hard for yourself trying to do it with any other weapon.

I still dislike threshers, but I'm stepping on them now so I'm indifferent.
I am hours and hours removed from Caustic Caverns and I still don't have any weapons in the 7k-10k range.

So once I complete playthrough 2, all enemies scale in 2.5, right?

Does this mean I should have rushed through the story missions and waited until then to do all the sidequests / reap the upgraded awards?

So once I complete playthrough 2, all enemies scale in 2.5, right?

Does this mean I should have rushed through the story missions and waited until then to do all the sidequests / reap the upgraded awards?

Yeah, this seems to be the way to go. In retrospect I wish I had done this myself. Once I found out all the quest rewards would scale to 50 I was already halfway through TVHM. Would've been great to have a level 50 Firehawk shield or level 50 Moxxi's Heart Breaker.

Duallusion

First of all, no, it doesn't seem like at all. Second, you have a choice to not click the thread.

Or perhaps you need to re-read the last couple of pages more closely? Or any three pages at the time the codes go out. It may be a test, but it obviously works on other levels as well. Therefore, my comment.

As for your second suggestion; I also have a choice to post in one, so I don't know where you're getting at. Do you tell that to anyone who complains about anything in any thread?

Cool, was just about to ask about that as I just finished my first playthrough.

Or perhaps you need to re-read the last couple of pages more closely? Or any three pages at the time the codes go out. It may be a test, but it obviously works on other levels as well. Therefore, my comment.

As for your second suggestion; I also have a choice to post in one, so I don't know where you're getting at. Do you tell that to anyone who complains about anything in any thread?

No, I don't need to, and I usually only suggest it to people who seem to be using their forehead to type.

I am hours and hours removed from Caustic Caverns and I still don't have any weapons in the 7k-10k range.

I'm in my second playthrough, though. doing the 1540 mission
or whatever the one is where you put the AI core in various loaders that try to kill you
will do. just choose the gun instead of the shield. Moxxi gives you a decent one for
giving her the nude pictures instead of giving them to the arms guy

if it's too late for that, just keep doing missions and killing shit. one's bound to drop. then you can go farm the caverns if you wish.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I just got another head from Terra and its the Commando head I already have lol.

edit:make that 2 extras.

I'll trade em for the em for the Axton heads I'm missing which are from
Bunk3r
and I think the other is from
Warrior

Figured I'd share a couple nice weapons I've received from farming Terra over the weekend:

An awesome reminder to not overlook blue items while farming Terra. Fires twelve pellets per shell that, when shot, look like a jaw opening and closing.

My favorite sniper rifle so far. Each shot fires five pellets in a horizontal line for some terrific damage.

Duallusion

Does anyone know what's the deal (if any at all) with that hole/incinerator surrounded by huge Marcus' statues on the dam, where you fight
W4R D3N
? It wasn't used in any quest or subquest.

Xanathus

Does anyone know what's the deal (if any at all) with that hole/incinerator surrounded by huge Marcus' statues on the dam, where you fight
W4R D3N

If someone stands inside the hole and someone else pulls the lever next to it, it kills the guy in the hole and drops out gun(s). The problem with this is that the lever can only be pulled once and triggers even if no one is in the pit which leads to idiot co-op members running up and pulling the lever and wasting it.

W4R D3N

I've read claims that you can get nice guns as a reward for sacrificing co-op partners or enemies. Someone on the Gearbox forums supposedly received a legendary gun for sacrificing their buddy.

Yeah, this seems to be the way to go. In retrospect I wish I had done this myself. Once I found out all the quest rewards would scale to 50 I was already halfway through TVHM. Would've been great to have a level 50 Firehawk shield or level 50 Moxxi's Heart Breaker.

Gah, I thought as much. I'm in the same boat- halfway through 2.0 with all the available side missions done and only now realising that quests/rewards will scale.

One more question- if I join a public game that is on the final mission, will that activate 2.5? So I could go back to my own game and do all my remaining story missions and quests with level 50 returns?

I feel like the weapon shops aren't as good as they were in BL1. I have a few different characters but my highest one is level 20 and I've never seen anything beyond a green gun in the shops. In BL1 I found decent blue and purple guns in the shops all the time, sometimes even orange ones. I think they should have brand specific gun shops

I feel like the weapon shops aren't as good as they were in BL1. I have a few different characters but my highest one is level 20 and I've never seen anything beyond a green gun in the shops. In BL1 I found decent blue and purple guns in the shops all the time, sometimes even orange ones. I think they should have brand specific gun shops

That would put Marcus out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom