• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Marvie_3

Banned
When you're playing with other people, any ammo you pick up will first go to whoever picks it up, any left over gets distributed to the rest of the group. (i.e. I need 55 rounds of pistol ammo, I pick up 100, 45 rounds go to the group)

I make it a habit to just hold down X when picking ammo up so that I'm constantly replenishing my group's ammo, regardless if I'm full of a certain type or not.

The only thing you can't pick up to distribute are grenades.
really? How the hell have I never noticed this? :lol

Zukuu

Banned
I've played the main game when it was released almost a year back. Now we want to get back into it.

What are the essential DLCs we should acquire? Or is there a "get everything" DLC?
I still have my char, but his is lost when he wiped his HDD, so I dunno if we'll start anew or if I can somehow grind him to level 50 (my level).

Cat Party

I've played the main game when it was released almost a year back. Now we want to get back into it.

What are the essential DLCs we should acquire? Or is there a "get everything" DLC?
I still have my char, but his is lost when he wiped his HDD, so I dunno if we'll start anew or if I can somehow grind him to level 50 (my level).
I assume you can still buy the season pass. May as well. The third dlc (big game hunt) was meh, but I liked the others.

Zukuu

Banned
I assume you can still buy the season pass. May as well. The third dlc (big game hunt) was meh, but I liked the others.

Yeah, I went ahead and bought the season pass + ultimate pack 2. Should be the complete package, apart from the 2 classes and the one arena-thingy. 29.99 + 4.99 in total.

Hmm, not sure if the "improved loot" only comes when you unlock the overpower levels cause I ain't feeling it with UVHM 2 yet. Why are eridium drops still so horribly low without 4 players?

Zertez

Bunch of keys for anyone who still need them. It is a quick 14 keys. No idea how long they will last, but they were working less than an hr ago 1am est.

Ultimate Upgrade Pack - 5 Keys
PC/Mac: CTC3J-KR9H5-WTZ3T-TJ3TB-6SRRJ
PS3: CBKTT-66RHB-ZHK5B-SB53J-SJ3KT
360: KTKJ3-J95JT-HX93R-K6BBB-ZWR9H

Pax Keys, the text says they give 5 keys, but they only gave me 3 per code.
PC/Mac: WB53J-KRRXW-5KXCB-STKTT-XC5BR
PS3: CTKT3-K5RTB-CTTWX-CXJBJ-RFJWZ
360: KBWJT-3WC5R-ZCS3J-JBJTB-5SBC5

PC/Mac: KJWB3-6RXRC-CKR5B-H3WB3-WZRF5
PS3: 53CTT-6KX3T-K3T5R-5RBBB-XJJ33
360: WBCTJ-WCC5X-H5H3J-BT33T-5RFSB

PC/Mac: CJCJ3-B6XXC-CK6WT-HTWTB-5SSW5
PS3: 5JCBJ-3WF3B-WTJWR-563T3-K399K
360: W3WT3-HTCWR-HCHB3-JTBJJ-XF3TS

Zertez

I only used one of those PAX codes, but it gave me 5.

Thanks. :)
Welcome. It is strange, some are reporting it gives you 5 keys and others have said they only received 3 keys. It gave me 3 keys personally, but the text did say 5 golden keys were awarded. Either way, 14 or 20 golden keys in one day is not a bad deal.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I've beaten this by playing purely splitscreen and I'm halfway through UMVH. I pressed continue to solo a bit, to farm, and it's saying I'm on normal. I don't really have to go through this again, do I? My Siren is on lvl 59.

The new pearlescent pistol is fun, but does very low damage over time, and the bullets take awhile to hit your target. It's nice that they're homing projectiles though.

However, the Torgue shotgun is the tits. It might replace my double penetrating unkempt harold.

Can't wait to get the other two weapons.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've beaten this by playing purely splitscreen and I'm halfway through UMVH. I pressed continue to solo a bit, to farm, and it's saying I'm on normal. I don't really have to go through this again, do I? My Siren is on lvl 59.

If you go to your character select menu, you can select the character you want to play as and it will give you an option to choose Normal, TVHM, or UVHM.

venom2124

The new pearlescent pistol is fun, but does very low damage over time, and the bullets take awhile to hit your target. It's nice that they're homing projectiles though.

However, the Torgue shotgun is the tits. It might replace my double penetrating unkempt harold.

Can't wait to get the other two weapons.
Where did you find them? I'm not getting anything special from the LLM in the wildlife preserve.

xaosslug

anyone planning on doing Digi Peak Overpower Levels, and wouldn't mind a tag-along? I'm currently lvl67 and should be hitting 72 in the afternoon (hopefully), and my equipments not very good, so I need a skilled player to use as a crutch to make my way through... Any takers? LOL =D

Cincaid

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what's the easiest way to get a quest reward you want (on PC) without having to replay the mission all over again? That is, is there any easy way to "reroll" your reward?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been covered before, but what's the easiest way to get a quest reward you want (on PC) without having to replay the mission all over again? That is, is there any easy way to "reroll" your reward?

I think the reward is locked in once you accept the quest but I could be wrong.

Save and quit as you're about to turn in the quest (after returning to Sanctuary for example) to create a save point. Load the game and check the quest reward for the first time and if you don't like it, ALT+F4 to exit the game. Turning off Steam cloud lets you jump back into the game a bit faster

Step

As toastyToast said, make sure you quit if you don't like the reward and don't accept it. you have to quit while the prompt is still there

Cincaid

Save and quit as you're about to turn in the quest (after returning to Sanctuary for example) to create a save point. Load the game and check the quest reward for the first time and if you don't like it, ALT+F4 to exit the game. Turning off Steam cloud lets you jump back into the game a bit faster

Awesome, thanks!

I haven't tried any of the Over Level stuff yet and have done three runs of Digistruct Peak for fun, it is ok, sounds like it gets crazy challenging for the over level runs. Level 72 is a shit load of fun. Can finally play with some interesting skill combinations.

Tubbies are amazing. Tubbies have dropped legendary items 99% of the time I have got them to spawn and kill them. I have been running Hunter Hellquist farming where I go to him, check the crate outside his room for possible LLM spaw, kill him, possible Bee, then drive to the large skag caves next to the skeleton, possible tubbie skag spawn. Rinse repeat.

How is the new level cap DLC? Worth slugging through for?
Haven't seen many folks talk about the overpowering process itself in this thread yet, I wanted to contribute my two cents (for those on the fence about purchasing the DLC).

Once you get to 72, and you go to the Digistruct area and complete the challenges the Doc presents to you, you can get "overpowering tokens" (which can be redeemed by going back to the main menu and going back in. A prompt will ask how many 'overpower' tokens you want to use. You can go through the challenge area to become overpowered to level 8, which becomes harder and harder each time, with enemies that have a level that matched 72 + (x) overpower level (i.e. 72 + 4 Overpower level = Level 76 enemies).

I myself have now just unlocked Overpowered level 6, and going through the course at level 5 has a final boss that is a HUGE, FAST spider tank. And it was scary. I cannot imagine what is to come for the next two times. For the first 4 levels of overpowering, it took me about ~20 minutes to get through the course each time.

You may be asking, what is Overpowering? Basically for each level of overpowering you are, that makes you able to equip essentially a weapon (or gear) that is 72 + (x) overpower level. So if you are a level 2 Overpower, you can equip the equivalent of a level 74 weapon, however in your inventory the level requirement will not be 'level 74', it will be 'Overpower 2'.

What you have is essentially two DLCs in one - you have the ability to level 11 extra levels, as well as 8 additional equipment levels. I love it, and it is SUPER tough, but in a great way.

I have only found 3 chests that cost 5 Eridium to open (they are switches on building walls), but they give Overpowered equipment that's pretty good.

zewone

There's 5 more eridium chests after you beat the boss, plus, he drops a guaranteed pearl weapon when you beat him on OP8.

Cat Party

I've only played digistruct peak solo. When you die, you start over completely. In coop, are you able to rejoin your squad, or do you get locked out?

xaosslug

anybody trading any OP8 gear? I have a bunch of pearls, and some other odds and ends. I really want the magic missile x4 (purple variant would be a plus!), the xxx head for my mechro, a slag or caustic stalker, and a slag or caustic critical conference call! Let's do some trades!!!

I've only played digistruct peak solo. When you die, you start over completely. In coop, are you able to rejoin your squad, or do you get locked out?

locked out... but, I've seen people join a game while the run is in progress, and 'glitch' in further down the run. LOL

Spiders

What's the fastest way to go from level 61 to 72? I don't want to reset my progress in UVHM, and doing sidequests hardly seems worth the effort.

Insaniac

What's the fastest way to go from level 61 to 72? I don't want to reset my progress in UVHM, and doing sidequests hardly seems worth the effort.

Honestly, get some good teammates and blast through quests, its the best way IMO. I reset my UVHM with my friend and together I've gone from 61-65 in a couple hours

xaosslug

if you have Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, just do Tier 3 bar brawls over and over. I did that for few hours and was lvl72 in no time at all. It's especially speedy if you are a mechro and are accumulating anarchy... as the stacks build, and you get stronger every round; it just gets easier/quicker to blow through. Good luck!

Zuly

For those on OP8, how are you finding Voracious? I normally never had a problem with it at level 61 as my teammates knew exactly what to do but now we are really, really lost. Hell, even Bahroo (BL2 YouTuber) joined us and he was just as frustrated as the rest of us. After ten tries, we only managed to beat it once. :/ The most effective strat was really, really risky; it basically revolved around us sticking together at the gate to avoid having Voracious jumping around so Gunzerkers would have an easier time aiming.

siddhu33

To all hosts that kick everyone the minute the final boss dies...

Fuck you, I hope you got nothing useful, and there's no point in you spending 8 hours plus to go through the campaign and kill handsome jack if you are just going to behave like him afterwards, jerkoff...

Yeah, yeah, randoms gonna random, shouldnt play public matchmaking, etc, etc...

Also, why is there no votekick, and no individual loot in this game?

Ichabod

Banned
Luckily, I've had really good experiences thus far with public matches. There are a few regulars I find myself running into who are really nice. I always offer to dupe any guns and gear I have that might help out a fellow player and it seems a lot of people I run into are quick to do the same.

I ran into one douche today, however, during a LLM run who joined my game and let me and the other guy I had been duo'ing with die so we'd have to respawn while he made a break for the loot room to open everything himself. He told my co-op partner he was running ahead to snag everything because he saw me trying to ninja. My duo partner said, "....it's his (my) lobby." The douche stayed quiet and it was obvious he was trying to dps down the midgets before we caught up. He got a swift kick from my lobby and my duo partner and I got pearlescents.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Does anyone on Xbox want to play? Level 52 Psycho here, trying to beat UVHM.
I would but I'm on PS3.

I've just started UVHM and I find it pretty shitty playing solo. I played about half of my original playthrough and almost all of TVHM solo but I think I'm going to stick with online for UVHM. Just way better and Ruin is just godlike for slagging, ruining shields and helping the team focus-fire enemies down.

Was playing my Cataclysm Siren with another Siren, Zer0 and Axton. Trading off phaselocks with the other siren combined with tactical turrets drawing fire and Zer0's debuff meant we were cutting through tough encounters like a hot knife through butter. I still died a lot but they never felt like cheap deaths and it stayed just the right amount of challenging.

I really need to upgrade my gear. I have a 50 bee shield but that's basically the only legendary I have despite being 52. What should I be running or doing to gear up a bit more? Should I play some of the DLC in TVHM? I tried farming the Warrior but I only ever really got Eridium from him. I do have Slayer of Terramorphous at least.

I would but I'm on PS3.

I've just started UVHM and I find it pretty shitty playing solo. I played about half of my original playthrough and almost all of TVHM solo but I think I'm going to stick with online for UVHM. Just way better and Ruin is just godlike for slagging, ruining shields and helping the team focus-fire enemies down.

Was playing my Cataclysm Siren with another Siren, Zer0 and Axton. Trading off phaselocks with the other siren combined with tactical turrets drawing fire and Zer0's debuff meant we were cutting through tough encounters like a hot knife through butter. I still died a lot but they never felt like cheap deaths and it stayed just the right amount of challenging.

I really need to upgrade my gear. I have a 50 bee shield but that's basically the only legendary I have despite being 52. What should I be running or doing to gear up a bit more? Should I play some of the DLC in TVHM? I tried farming the Warrior but I only ever really got Eridium from him. I do have Slayer of Terramorphous at least.

It's rough going from TVHM to UVHM due to the huge dmg and health difference between the two. I ran with a lvl 50 bee shield but kept dying a ton as well. I would say maybe you could try farming knuckledragger for an upgraded hornet possibly.

Do you have the Torque dlc? I don't know if it would work but you could farm a bunch of tokens on TVHM in Pete's Bar and then purchase a unkempt harold on UVHM if you feel the upgrade is good enough depending on the weapons lvl. The thing is I don't know if the torque vending machines scale their items on UVHM based on the players lvl or if it's automatically 61. But if you could get a lvl 54 or 55 unkempt harold it should help things out a bit.

Any idea whether GOTY edition will carry over savedata? I presume it would but you never know.

Ya it will........... For the physical retail version they'll probably just stick a normal disc of Borderlands 2 in a GOTY package with a bunch of dlc voucher codes inside. That's what they did for the first games GOTY package.

Ugh, so I've had this since launch on pc with season pass. I started as Maya and got to level 15. This week I've tried 3 times to get back into it because I really want to enjoy this game but everyone is just kicking my ass even though I do quests rated as "normal." Any help or advice? =[

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, so I've had this since launch on pc with season pass. I started as Maya and got to level 15. This week I've tried 3 times to get back into it because I really want to enjoy this game but everyone is just kicking my ass even though I do quests rated as "normal." Any help or advice? =[

The game starts out pretty tough until you get some choice weapons and skills. If you have any golden keys I suggest using them to get some good weaponry, as that will help you out immensely.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks for the Torgue advice, Ranger. Been doing Bar Room Blitz with large groups and its given me a good amount of experience, cash and tokens. Hoping to grab an unkempt harold and possibly a slow hand at some point.
What skills are you using? At the early levels you are especially weak if your gear is not up to date since it's too early to set up skill synergy. Maybe try doing as many quick side quests as you can even if it means going back to a previous level.

Look for a good SMG & high capacity shield and invest points in Accelerate & Ward. Should increase your survivability in the short term. Pepper enemies with the smg and when phaselocked switch to a sniper or pistol so you can get as many crits in as possible.

You also want to pick the right elements for encounters just like Pokemon. Red health bar (bandits)? Fire. Yellow health bar (robots)? Corrosion. Shock is good against everything but especially shielded units and stalkers.

Don't discount a gun straightaway if it has slightly lower damage. Try it out first, you might find it fits your playstyle better, is more accurate or has a special effect you didn't account for originally.

Zuly

Thanks for the Torgue advice, Ranger. Been doing Bar Room Blitz with large groups and its given me a good amount of experience, cash and tokens. Hoping to grab an unkempt harold and possibly a slow hand at some point.What skills are you using? At the early levels you are especially weak if your gear is not up to date since it's too early to set up skill synergy. Maybe try doing as many quick side quests as you can even if it means going back to a previous level.

Look for a good SMG & high capacity shield and invest points in Accelerate & Ward. Should increase your survivability in the short term. Pepper enemies with the smg and when phaselocked switch to a sniper or pistol so you can get as many crits in as possible.

You also want to pick the right elements for encounters just like Pokemon. Red health bar (bandits)? Fire. Yellow health bar (robots)? Corrosion. Shock is good against everything but especially shielded units and stalkers.

Don't discount a gun straightaway if it has slightly lower damage. Try it out first, you might find it fits your playstyle better, is more accurate or has a special effect you didn't account for originally.

This is solid Maya advice. Although Slag in Normal difficulty is not as necessary as it is in UVHM+, I still suggest slagging enemies on easier playthroughs. It makes the experience a whole lot more easier. If you get a hold of a slag grenade, regardless of how bad the dmg is on it, take it and slag as many baddies as you can as they take 2x the dmg when slagged. (I believe it's 3x the dmg in UVHM+)

Once you get Ward and Accelerate, you may focus on the Cataclysm tree for awesome AoE Elemental dmg. (Too bad this tree starts to suck later on due to horrible scaling)

I have played Maya solo up to lvl 72. Everything before UVHM, I was able to rely on good sniping of phase locked enemies. Accuracy is your friend for Maya in lower levels in my opinion. It was so easy to just phaselock enemies and unload on their crit points with a good sniper rifle or accurate pistol or AR. In UVHM it is all just a slagged clusterfuck so I use a much larger variety of weapons with Maya now.

Aggrotek

This is solid Maya advice. Although Slag in Normal difficulty is not as necessary as it is in UVHM+, I still suggest slagging enemies on easier playthroughs. It makes the experience a whole lot more easier. If you get a hold of a slag grenade, regardless of how bad the dmg is on it, take it and slag as many baddies as you can as they take 2x the dmg when slagged. (I believe it's 3x the dmg in UVHM+)

Once you get Ward and Accelerate, you may focus on the Cataclysm tree for awesome AoE Elemental dmg. (Too bad this tree starts to suck later on due to horrible scaling)

Slag helps so much in UVHM. I have a Lv 50 Slag Conference Call and it helps tremendously. I wish I had a Slagga though. My CC is slowly falling off in terms of its usefulness.

Top Bottom