• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Movie nuclear bombing at the Box Office ($110m budget vs $4m box office)

lmimmfn

Randy Pitchford having a meltdown

YL1PQ8U.png
He's so full of shit.

No…no it wouldn’t have. Nobody in their right mind wants to watch the cringe ass humor of BL in a movie. It’s perfect for a video game because trying to farm a bad ass weapon is the only way to filter this God awful ass writing in the film and the games. No one gives a shit about the story, we just want to randomly shoot things in first person with fun guns. Stop trying to make BL something that it isn’t.
Bro you need a snickers? Your not you when your hangry.

Btw fuck borderlands movies.

There now you don't need to reply.

I only liked the games.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This feels more like a mid-2000's vidya movie. I thought we moved past this sort of slop. It just looks dreadful and everybody hates the writing in Borderlands 3.

Randy Pitchford having a meltdown

YL1PQ8U.png
I don't understand this Beatles comment. Is he saying that 75% of their songs were bad? That's ridiculous. Is he saying that 75% of them weren't hits? Yea, most songs aren't released as singles. Does he even know how music works?

Last edited:

Pelao

I have to believe that they were going for the so-bad-it's-good route and it backfired.
Because the little I've seen of this film, I can't wrap my head around the idea of a human being watching that product and thinking it was anything remotely good, much less worth funding.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Dude can hardly be called a good director

His last good movie (imo) was Hostel II in 2007. Since then he only directed straight to DVD garbage. Nothing with a budget higher than a Mcdonalds meal.

I wouldnt say I'm surprised
I dodged the bullet. He arrived in Mexico, but I didn't care to meet him.

Feel better now cash rude fellow?
No, I don’t. I’m legitimately trying to figure out what you were trying to say in your first response to me…seriously.

For context:

“Bro you need a snickers? Your not you when your hangry.

Btw fuck borderlands movies.

There now you don't need to reply.

I only liked the games.”

Again…What??

Last edited:
No, I don’t. I’m legitimately trying to figure out what you were trying to say in your first response to me…seriously.
And I'm trying to figure out why you quoted me and called anyone who likes what you don't not in their "Right Mind"

News flash buddy, people in this world are different than you. People like things you don't like. If we were all the same life would be quite boring. It doesn't mean people are crazy for liking borderlands.

Salty Bitchfraud having a meltdown on Twitter defending this dumpster fire is more than enough for me to indulge in it's memes.

Hey, Randy, try not stealing publishers' money to fund your projects again and leaving the project that they paid for in shambles, you little shitfuck. Hope this franchise burns to the ground even more, even in games.

Salt Bae Steak GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
$4 million is probably what they paid Jamie Lee Curtis to star in the film.

I wouldn’t watch this if they gave me a free ticket.
Seem about right, she only made 3.5 million from Halloween Ends so 4million seem about right, maybe less
Which isn't a lot considering they paid her 3 million for her small part in Resurrection.
But the most she earned was for 1998's H20 which she got 5 million, but that was the most successful Halloween film in the series and in my opinion is where it should have ended, (despite H2018 being alright, and definitely the best Michael too)

Bridges

I said it already in one of the other threads but taking a game with good gameplay and atrocious writing and putting it into a medium that accentuates its worst qualities was always a recipe for disaster

Borderlands is not even a big franchise. Who needed this? Very very possible some money washing tax scamming scheme here.

Nah dude, Borderlands is a massive franchise with mainstream appeal. Borderlands 2 is held in an extremely high regard and Borderlands 3 sold 5 million copies within its first five days even with Epic exclusivity.

It's not GTA but it's probably more well known than 90% of gaming franchises. That all being said, still an awful idea for a movie.

I know Hollywood or whoever are fresh out of ideas, but I really wish they would stop with these video game adaptation movies because imo they are almost always terrible, below average or disappointing. First they milk comic movies well into oblivion and now it’s video games turn yet again.

HoodWinked

they made a movie that appeals to no one.

they should have just made it R and gone super cartoony over the top violent. they even had the right director for it.

Shubh_C63

I don't understand how these people keep putting terrible creators behind projects that is bound to be a sure shot success given already existing fanbase behind them...instead of risk involved in a new project.

Does people who actually have skills just don't want to make these when offered chance by movie studios ?

Ozzie666

Worse or better than Batman and Robin ? Most disappointing movie for me and had to talk out I couldn’t handle it lol.

FeralEcho

No…no it wouldn’t have. Nobody in their right mind wants to watch the cringe ass humor of BL in a movie. It’s perfect for a video game because trying to farm a bad ass weapon is the only way to filter this God awful ass writing in the film and the games. No one gives a shit about the story, we just want to randomly shoot things in first person with fun guns. Stop trying to make BL something that it isn’t.
Eh...I feel this is a disservice to the writting team of Borderlands 1 and 2 which had some good jokes and clever writting.

I feel like Borderlands 3 irreparably damaged the franchise with how terrible and cringe the writting was but it wasn't always like that.

Sure,thehumor is subjective and works better with younger crowds but there is genuine thought put into the writting of the first 2 games.Not Oscar level but definitely a fun time for a movie if it was that...This sadly is not that.

Duchess

Has Eli Roth ever made a good film? As soon as I saw his name attached to this as director (and writer..!) I knew it was going to be absolute shit.

As far as I'm concerned, Hostel was the only time he came close to making a good film (a movie about kidnapping people, so others can pay huge sums to torture them to death is a pretty clever and scarily plausible idea!), but he still fumbled the execution (pun intended).

Edit: he made a film recently called Thanksgiving that has actually been very well received.

Last edited:
Top Bottom