• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands Movie nuclear bombing at the Box Office ($110m budget vs $4m box office)

winjer

Gold Member
Win, brother, let's be honest for a sec here, no matter how awful Borderlands is, I'm pretty G'damn sure that it's not as awful as the diarrhea, vomit inducing Uwe-made "films".

While the typical 'Murican MCU/IP franchise may lead to the now infamous brain rot®, his movies are even worse than that since they've always been uninteresting, badly filmed, awfully directed, badly cast pieces of G'damned shite with no redeeming qualities whatsoever - they're not even in the "so bad they're good" category like, say, pieces of shit movies like the Miami connection/Samurai Cop etc etc - with those at least you can have some giggles here and there due to their whole campiness/awfulness, Uwe boll films are so terribly fucking bad, soulless and devoid of any character that you just turn off your TV in disgust.

Absolutely bloody horrible "director".
He shouldn't be the one to talk, then again, he's just trolling with that message and must be thinking that "all PR is good PR"...

Look at Uwe post. It's not about quality.
It's about ho much money this movie lost.

Raven117

I don't understand how that works. Company spends $100+ million on making a movie and determines it sucks or they want to back out. How can they get a tax write off for a big chunk of that? Just because they sucked at writing, casting. producing, managing money.....the government steps in and says 'oh....you tried.....here's $75 million back. Thanks for trying!! " Huh?
Still can write it off.

Shockingly the theater count drop wasn't as bad as I had thought it might be. Not even the biggest drop of the Summer.

Still bad of course and it's possible that it might just be one more week for a lot of them.

Top Bottom