• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

-PXG-

Level 50!

Current specs

L6bZwrF.jpg

Shit is broooooken

XYMEvLg.jpg

0xKDIoU.jpg

Why doesn't my AA show up in my screen shots? Yuck. I'm so glad everything is crisp and clean while I'm playing or else I'd have a fit. Jaggies are awful. These shots don't do me any justice at all

GamerSoul

Damn, 2 capstones at level 50 looks great. I don't know how they are going to extend the level cap without making us even more super powered. Maybe 11 extra points (level 61) would be a nice upgrade, especially if we get a UVHM down the line. :D I hope we do.

Yado

I'm fine with staying at level 50. The game got less fun every time the difficulty increased imo. (as in UVHM and OP levels)

cHinzo

Damn, 2 capstones at level 50 looks great. I don't know how they are going to extend the level cap without making us even more super powered. Maybe 11 extra points (level 61) would be a nice upgrade, especially if we get a UVHM down the line. :D I hope we do.

U could get all three capstones in Borderlands 1. :d Doubt they gonna allow us to do that in this game though. Most of the capstones and game changing skills are pretty good in this game. Can't wait to get Termination Protocol for my Wilhelm.

My current favorite. I hope BL3 have these laser and cryo weapons, I really like shattering baddies! But the recoil on the laser weapons should be the lowest out of all of the weapons, that should change.

N78SGwV.jpg

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Anyone think the shogun "Battler Boganella" with the red tag Rock off ya Dog! hilarious
. Its that how you curse with the Aussie accent.....LOL

shiba5

I was starting to assume they were completely gone. Nearly done with my second run and have not seen a single chub.

When I ran back through the R&D section (the grass part), I had several pop up - two at once during one run. Unfortunately, they didn't drop anything good. :(

Frogstep

When I ran back through the R&D section (the grass part), I had several pop up - two at once during one run. Unfortunately, they didn't drop anything good. :(

This is kind of my experience with them in Borderlands 2. I found quite a few there but they all gave me trash like ammo and sometimes nothing at all. D;

Mistel

Banned
This is kind of my experience with them in Borderlands 2. I found quite a few there but they all gave me trash like ammo and sometimes nothing at all. D;
That's why I personally didn't bother with chubby's and just farmed loot midgets at the preserve. As much like you I'd find them and not get much out of them other than tubby's who seemed to have pretty decent drop rates for decent stuff.

shiba5

I used to farm them for legendary class mods which I have yet to find in the new game. Does anyone know what they are dropping from? I heard the mini-boss stalker in R&D, but I haven't had any luck with it.

DeSo

Banned
Game definitely improved towards the end. Wasn't feeling it much early on but about halfway through I started to enjoy it more.

Running through TVHM now. Loving Wilhelm, Wolf is an absolute beast.

cHinzo

I used to farm them for legendary class mods which I have yet to find in the new game. Does anyone know what they are dropping from? I heard the mini-boss stalker in R&D, but I haven't had any luck with it.

The Stalker drops an Eridian Vanquisher mod, not the Celestial mods, sadly. ;-;

Game definitely improved towards the end. Wasn't feeling it much early on but about halfway through I started to enjoy it more.

Running through TVHM now. Loving Wilhelm, Wolf is an absolute beast.

Yeah the first half is just so boring. Lots of backtracking (oh this switch doesn't work, go to that place to fix it, this door wont open, go the other way around to the control room etc.) and the quests were just boring. Really picked up steam mid-game though and the last boss was just awesomely challenging. Did ya put points in Rolling Thunder? Makes Wolf a beast of a drone.

Yado

Welhelm has the most boring heads in the game. I've been using one of the ones you start the game with and none of the others have appealed to me.

Gurrry

Ive been watching alot of twitch streams on this game and I really want to get it.. but not for 60 bucks.

Also - I feel like I would waste money either way seeing as how I never finished 1 or 2. They both lost my interest around the 20-25 lvl mark. I just never liked the traversal or the time inbetween boss encounters.

But the thing that attracts me most is farming bosses for loot. Maybe ill fire up 2 and try doing this for once..

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I moved cities recently and yesterday I discovered that my Xbox 360 no longer works after the move (it's showing the RROD). I'm probably gonna get this game on PS3 then, which sucks since I have BL1 and BL2 save files on my 360, and I'm probably gonna miss out on the skins you get for having BL2 save files. Urghhhh.

H2Yo

For one, Borderlands is all over-the-top. Also, this was developed by 2K Australia and voiced by Australian actors. I figured Australians would actually be more inclined to buy a game developed at home. It's supposed to be a rip on backwoods Australia like parts of Borderlands 1 and 2 was a rip on backwoods America.

Yeah I understand that but it makes Australians sound really stupid. Those Australian actors and thickening up the accent and saying stupid shit we don't even say to suit what American's think we sound like.

Take the line "Throw another shrimp on the barby" for example, we don't even call prawns, "shrimp"... and if anything, we'd be grilling steak on the barbecue.

If you were to take out all the Australians from the game and instead insert the huge asian stereotypes, vietnam for example and had characters saying "Me love you long time", people would be offended, right?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just made it to lv 48 and got to the bottom of another skill tree (I used the two trees on the far ends using Athena). It was pretty good, but I think I'm done with BL for a while.

BigDug13

Yeah I understand that but it makes Australians sound really stupid. Those Australian actors and thickening up the accent and saying stupid shit we don't even say to suit what American's think we sound like.

Take the line "Throw another shrimp on the barby" for example, we don't even call prawns, "shrimp"... and if anything, we'd be grilling steak on the barbecue.

If you were to take out all the Australians from the game and instead insert the huge asian stereotypes, vietnam for example and had characters saying "Me love you long time", people would be offended, right?

Right. Just like the Hodunks, Moxxie, Crazy Earl, Ellie, and Scooter were EXTREME examples of parts of the US. Was there outcry from that?

Sothpaw

The part where the girl in the beginning was trying to sound American and says "homophobia" was pretty stupid.

BigDug13

You have the right to outcry, I can't outcry on your behalf because I'm not American.

I don't outcry because I realize that's how the series works. Maybe you didn't realize that this series is nothing but over-the-top caricatures of various stereotypes because they've never hit your home until now.

-PXG-

... Really... You're not actually offended. Please... You can't be serious.

Right. Just like the Hodunks, Moxxie, Crazy Earl, Ellie, and Scooter were EXTREME examples of parts of the US. Was there outcry from that?

Yep. Making fun of back woods, country bumpkin stereotypes is a major component to game's humor and identify.

You have the right to outcry, I can't outcry on your behalf because I'm not American.

But we don't because there isn't anything to be upset about. Overall it's fairly light hearted. And yeah, it's a video game too. Calm down.

I don't outcry because I realize that's how the series works. Maybe you didn't realize that this series is nothing but over-the-top caricatures of various stereotypes because they've never hit your home until now.

And there you go. You said exactly what I was going to say.

In regards to the uhm...stereotypes in Borderlands, I don't mind them. Particularly in this game, there's a lot of humor that goes over my head, but in general, I don't mind and it doesn't cast any aspersions of Australian culture in my mind.

That aside, I'm over 50 hours in, and I still haven't beaten the game yet. Getting dangerously close with Gladiator, then the other three will just take an afternoon or so once they're caught up.

Yado

Baroness Skill Tree Revealed

I like the idea of another pet class but I only like one of her skill trees. I don't like the idea of a skill tree built entirely around playing co-op and I don't snipe in BL anymore because I don't think this game is friendly to snipers or created with people who prefer to snipe in mind. How about creating a skill where the sniper draws less aggro so it doesn't feel like you should have just walked into the mob and announced your location with a loudspeaker and a bomb instead of shooting from a distance?

Tabby

Baroness Skill Tree Revealed

I like the idea of another pet class but I only like one of her skill trees. I don't like the idea of a skill tree built entirely around playing co-op and I don't snipe in BL anymore because I don't think this game is friendly to snipers or created with people who prefer to snipe in mind. How about creating a skill where the sniper draws less aggro so it doesn't feel like you should have just walked into the mob and announced your location with a loudspeaker and a bomb instead of shooting from a distance?

Doesn't sound like she's for me.
A sniper tree and a tree dedicated to co-op, 2 things I almost never do/use.

SerTapTap

So is there a save editor a la Gibbed yet and would there be any particular reason I shouldn't use it to match up my level/gear with friends? Took a break for a week and I am now of course level 15 while friends are level 30. I played a moderate amount of BL2 solo (less than half, more than most single player shooters) but probably won't be doing much of it again this run.

Had this and Fantasia in my hands yesterday and the box was so shiny and nice but I somehow decided in drunken fun over loot.
Now all I can think about is going back and picking it up..

SerTapTap

Maybe I am the only one who enjoys sniping haha. I think most of my badass rank comes from sniping challenges

I've found Ice has made me love snipers (well, that and the high mobility and nerf fired DOT that makes my fire SMGs useless). A single-shot freezing an enemy, especially in midair, is so ridiculously satisfying.

J. Bravo

I've found Ice has made me love snipers (well, that and the high mobility and nerf fired DOT that makes my fire SMGs useless). A single-shot freezing an enemy, especially in midair, is so ridiculously satisfying.

I'm using a non elemental jakobs sniper and I just love it because one hit kills most enemies through their shields, and for badasses it just takes 4-6 shots. although the continuous beam weapons are dope af too, I just find that other guns don't get the job done as quick.

SerTapTap

I'm using a non elemental jakobs sniper and I just love it because one hit kills most enemies through their shields, and for badasses it just takes 4-6 shots. although the continuous beam weapons are dope af too, I just find that other guns don't get the job done as quick.

Yeah I've been finding that too--though It's a bit concerning as weapon balance seems off compared to BL2, I find myself using even fewer weapon types than before. Might just be because Moxxie's continuous laser is OP though.

SerTapTap

So much for gender equality. I wonder if I will ever get to play as Mr. Torgue.

I would have said no for sure until Claptrap became an option. Though I think they enjoy having him "pop in" where relevant like in the Tiny Tina DLC and TPS, as a vault hunter he might not be as fun to write.

So much for gender equality. I wonder if I will ever get to play as Mr. Torgue.

Torgue is fun in small doses but that voice+volume is hard on the ears.

There's a trailer for the presequel narrated by Torgue and Hammerlock, and I practically winced every time Torgue spoke more than a single sentence in a row.

J. Bravo

I am curious about one thing tho. Where are all the legendaries? I've done every side quest up to my lvl (21) and found nothing. are there some bosses I should be farming for neat skins or heads or mods or something?

Top Bottom