• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

There has to be more to it than that. I tried grinding 3 blue pistols and it wouldn't accept that.

Some weapons you can't grind, usually ones you get as a reward from missions. Also I think weapons have to be either all elemental or all non-elemental. I haven't been able to successfully combine the two yet, although that may be because of the former as well since it's hard to keep track of mission reward weapons if they don't have the special text.

gibbed has already been released for this game. So not really any point to play legitly anymore, unless you really want to. Stuff will be duped everywhere in no time

Tabby

gibbed has already been released for this game. So not really any point to play legitly anymore, unless you really want to. Stuff will be duped everywhere in no time
I mean I use it but only because I was sick of the random level spikes.
I don't get the point of using it to get legendary in a game about trying to get legendary. Defeats the purpose.

maouvin

Might use it when the level cap is raised to up my weapons (like hard to farm legendaries or something).

theimmortalbum

Neo Member
Hola, got a question! I played ~20 hours of BL2 when it came out, due to me being burnt out on shooters and having played so much BL1.

I'm very interested in TPS, and as a result, started playing BL2 again - started a new Salvador, he's level 14, and I'm on the rescue Roland mission.

Should I continue with BL2, beat it and beat THVM, or just skip straight to TPS and play the new classes/content/awesome-looking moon locomotion?

Should be said, not worried about the story content I'm missing in BL2. I read what happens in the story some time ago, because I'm not worried about spoilers.

MayMay

Banned
Just finished up the game with a buddy of mine, endboss was fricking bollocks. Like.. my god that was bad. Otherwise I really liked it though.

I liked the (ending spoilers!)
ending alot. War is coming guys. Borderlands 3 hype. At least I think that strongly hints at Borderlands 3 - seeing as those sequences with Lilith, Athena and the others were after BL2 ended.

Yado

Those are the known working recipes: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Grinder
Maybe we should add it to the OP.

Also, who drops the celestial COMs? I only heard of people getting it on vending machines.

I got mine from the vending machine but I've seen someone on Reddit post a screenshot of a celestial mod on the ground after defeating the raid boss. I suppose they could have dropped it there to start a wild good chase but I don't see the point.

petghost

Banned
Just finished up the game with a buddy of mine, endboss was fricking bollocks. Like.. my god that was bad. Otherwise I really liked it though.

I liked the (ending spoilers!)
ending alot. War is coming guys. Borderlands 3 hype. At least I think that strongly hints at Borderlands 3 - seeing as those sequences with Lilith, Athena and the others were after BL2 ended.

but war with who? Jack is dead. I wonder who the antagonist is gonna be

XenodudeX

I want to start another run with Wilhelm but I can't bring myself to start over again. Should of started off with him instead of Athena.

GamerSoul

There is a weird bug where Athena keeps her Aspis when a game gets laggy online. It's not active but it's still there. And when you finally throw it, Athena keeps the Aspis glowing ring around her wrist at all times...it happened to me a few times online. :l

Came across my first Legendary and I couldn't afford it even if I sold all my stuff : (

Early game lol

sfwbltpslegendary001_zps2a356109.jpg

maouvin

Could blow some golden keys on purples and sell those.

In a minute and a half. Would Socks manage to do it? Would Socks spend all his keys just to go back to the machine and sell all that crap just to see that the IOTD changed? We'll never know.

Oh, and for people wanting to quickly reach level 30~31 before heading to TVHM, killing the
guardian
on Steve Ervin's quest works wonderfully. He spawns indefinitely and almost instantly.
You can farm Iwajira or the raid boss too, but it'll take more time.

slop101

Banned
I've gotten 3 upgrades in a row from the vendor

omg they are really usefull now
Yeah, but it's a double edged sword.

The vendors definitely have better gear for sale than in previous games, but I definitely have way less cash, for some reason, than I ever did in previous games as well.

J. Bravo

this is by far one of the most fun games i've ever played. i like it way more than the previous two games and it's 1 of only 3 games that i get lost in and lose track of time. the other 2 were pokemon and diablo 3.

playing as wilhelm and he's fun. i do all the sidequests as i get them before i do the main story mission so the first playthrough is taking me a while but i'm also overleveled by a couple levels. wolf and saint are fucking dope. painting targets is OP. love this game!

GamerSoul

Anyone get the bubble gunner head for Athena? I've been trying both RedBelly and Bosun and I'm getting every other head, even for the other characters..

J. Bravo

am i the only who thinks that sniper rifles are OP? with all the human enemies, crits are really easy to get with them and i have had very little trouble. if anything enemies like the kraggons and torks piss me off the most. boss aren't bad since wolf does most of the work lol.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody know if the new NVIDIA drivers improve performance for BL? They don't mention it in the notes.

I've been getting steady 60fps with everything maxed out for like 99% of the time but it will still drop in the low 20s-30s during some heavy combat. I assume that it's Physx related but even after lowering that I still get that.

shiba5

Yes they will.

It's more of the moon zoomy handling characteristics that your ability I'd bet.

I managed to find a bump on the first map that makes the car explode and instantly kills your character. Coincidentally, it's over where the Torgue quest is. EXPLOSIONS!!!!

Yado

I can't remember what they're called in this game but those little critters that crawl on the ground drop Bonus packages as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Man RK5 on TVHM is ridiculous. I'm only one level below him and can barely get his health 1/2 way down (Athena).

edit: Nevermind, I switched to a caustic sniper rifle and the corrosive damage easily killed him.

Ichabod

Banned
Don't know if its been suggested yet, but sub-level 13 seems to be a pretty good place to farm for legendaries. A quick 3-5 min run nets you 7 chests. I got a laser there today with a pretty sweet ability: you "tag" your enemy with your first shot and every other shot will automatically home in on that enemy no matter where you aim. I've been releasing my inner Zorg all day >:D

Top Bottom